Canadian Rockstar Energy Triple Crown Series | MX Tour | Round 1 - Wild Rose MX Park, AB

USA
Fantasy
507th
6/6/2019 5:37pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Fox Sports Racing is in Canada. I'm not sure if it plays on other Fox Sports channel. That said look at the Two Wheel TV app...
Fox Sports Racing is in Canada. I'm not sure if it plays on other Fox Sports channel.

That said look at the Two Wheel TV app. $49 lifetime subscription. There's different kind of racing on there. Different MX series.

It'll be uploaded to YouTube or Dailymotion before long. The guy that does it usually posts it in the thread once he uploads it. If not, I will once it's uploaded.
Thanks for highlighting the $49 lifetime subscription for this app. Badass app.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/6/2019 6:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Fox Sports Racing is in Canada. I'm not sure if it plays on other Fox Sports channel. That said look at the Two Wheel TV app...
Fox Sports Racing is in Canada. I'm not sure if it plays on other Fox Sports channel.

That said look at the Two Wheel TV app. $49 lifetime subscription. There's different kind of racing on there. Different MX series.

It'll be uploaded to YouTube or Dailymotion before long. The guy that does it usually posts it in the thread once he uploads it. If not, I will once it's uploaded.
USA wrote:
Thanks for highlighting the $49 lifetime subscription for this app. Badass app.
Yeah, if you're into 2 wheels there's a lot of different stuff you can watch. Road racing and off-road.

The downside of it is that the Canadian MX Nationals are not archived the same day as the races. It usually takes a few days. That said, $49 for the lifetime subscription is an awesome deal.

They only have a limited amount of lifetime subscriptions available for $49 so for anyone interested, get it while you can.

Side Note: They had production crew issues at the first round so that might be why round 1 still hasn't been completely uploaded. Original production crew quit on short notice and the MRC crew had to find a substitute. Apparently they were still running camera wires minutes before the show went live.
USA
Fantasy
507th
6/6/2019 6:54pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah, if you're into 2 wheels there's a lot of different stuff you can watch. Road racing and off-road. The downside of it is that the...
Yeah, if you're into 2 wheels there's a lot of different stuff you can watch. Road racing and off-road.

The downside of it is that the Canadian MX Nationals are not archived the same day as the races. It usually takes a few days. That said, $49 for the lifetime subscription is an awesome deal.

They only have a limited amount of lifetime subscriptions available for $49 so for anyone interested, get it while you can.

Side Note: They had production crew issues at the first round so that might be why round 1 still hasn't been completely uploaded. Original production crew quit on short notice and the MRC crew had to find a substitute. Apparently they were still running camera wires minutes before the show went live.
Geez! Imagine if that happened before Hangtown.. 10-pager hahah.

But about the app, it has its quirks on Android phones, but it's a hell of a deal. This will be the first year I watch all of the Canadian races. I usually loosely keep up, but as weird as it sounds, I'm more interested in the MX2 class this year. Jess Pettis is the real deal and I hope he is able to get up to 100% and fight for the title.

I figure you might be the best guy to ask, but what is the full MX101 story? I keep hearing seemingly inside jokes on Pulp. Sorry for not having more information.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/6/2019 7:28pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2019 7:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah, if you're into 2 wheels there's a lot of different stuff you can watch. Road racing and off-road. The downside of it is that the...

USA wrote:
Geez! Imagine if that happened before Hangtown.. 10-pager hahah. But about the app, it has its quirks on Android phones, but it's a hell of a...

But about the app, it has its quirks on Android phones, but it's a hell of a deal. This will be the first year I watch all of the Canadian races. I usually loosely keep up, but as weird as it sounds, I'm more interested in the MX2 class this year. Jess Pettis is the real deal and I hope he is able to get up to 100% and fight for the title.

I figure you might be the best guy to ask, but what is the full MX101 story? I keep hearing seemingly inside jokes on Pulp. Sorry for not having more information.
I don't listen to PulpMX so I'm not sure what you're referring to but here goes nothing.

MX101 is local to me so I know a little bit about them. Kevin Tyler (former Canadian national pro) and Johnny Grant run that program. MX101 originally started as a group of guys offering riding schools at Sand Del Lee near Ottawa. That's actually where I learned to ride.

Now MX101 still offers riding schools and riding camps. They've been with Yamaha for as long as I can remember so their relationship is solid. They also operate the Sand Del Lee facility which hosts a National race (Round 5 this season). Along with running riding schools/camps they also run the Eastern Ontario series.

Their relationship with Yamaha just kept growing from the riding schools to the point of starting the MX101 Yamaha team. They now run the official factory Yamaha MX2/250 team in Canada and have won the 250 class national title the past 2 years (2017 with Shawn Maffenbeier and 2018 with Jess Pettis who also won the SX tour championship). This year they have another title contender with Luke Renzland. They don't have the biggest budget in the pits but they make it happen.

I believe Kevin has an account (Tyler101) so he might chime in.

Great facility and even greater group of guys.

As for Pettis, I think he'll get stronger as series goes East. There's quite a few breaks in the schedule this year so that should help. Hope to see him do a few US nationals later this summer. There's quite a few races our guys could hit if they're willing to line up and make the drive.

WW Ranch June 22nd
Southwick June 29th
Red Bud July 6th
Unadilla August 10th
Ironman August 24th

The Shop

USA
Fantasy
507th
6/6/2019 8:09pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't listen to PulpMX so I'm not sure what you're referring to but here goes nothing. MX101 is local to me so I know a...
I don't listen to PulpMX so I'm not sure what you're referring to but here goes nothing.

MX101 is local to me so I know a little bit about them. Kevin Tyler (former Canadian national pro) and Johnny Grant run that program. MX101 originally started as a group of guys offering riding schools at Sand Del Lee near Ottawa. That's actually where I learned to ride.

Now MX101 still offers riding schools and riding camps. They've been with Yamaha for as long as I can remember so their relationship is solid. They also operate the Sand Del Lee facility which hosts a National race (Round 5 this season). Along with running riding schools/camps they also run the Eastern Ontario series.

Their relationship with Yamaha just kept growing from the riding schools to the point of starting the MX101 Yamaha team. They now run the official factory Yamaha MX2/250 team in Canada and have won the 250 class national title the past 2 years (2017 with Shawn Maffenbeier and 2018 with Jess Pettis who also won the SX tour championship). This year they have another title contender with Luke Renzland. They don't have the biggest budget in the pits but they make it happen.

I believe Kevin has an account (Tyler101) so he might chime in.

Great facility and even greater group of guys.

As for Pettis, I think he'll get stronger as series goes East. There's quite a few breaks in the schedule this year so that should help. Hope to see him do a few US nationals later this summer. There's quite a few races our guys could hit if they're willing to line up and make the drive.

WW Ranch June 22nd
Southwick June 29th
Red Bud July 6th
Unadilla August 10th
Ironman August 24th
Thanks for the back story! I think that little tidbit about your personal experience learning to ride at the facility they run now is really neat.

I found where I thought there might be a story tied to MX101. Matthes did a write up on the race in Calgary, and in that story every time he mentions MX101, it is followed with "(Poor hot dog vendor)". I found a thread from 2008 on some other website that claims that is Matthes's nickname for Kevin Tyler.

Here's a quote:

``` "To me, if he’s [Pettis] 100 percent, he’s got this title because A.) he won it last year and B.) he’s a rider on the rise. But he might be giving up too many points at the first two or three rounds to get back that #1 plate. After him, the class appears to be wide open. Luke Renzland took Pettis’ old spot at MX101 Yamaha (Poor hot dog vendor) and went 6-1 on the day. Renzland raced one national last year up there and did pretty well. Calgary isn’t his ideal dirt conditions but he looked pretty good in moto two. He’ll get better as the softer dirt tracks start appearing in the series starting this weekend and back east." ```

If it's Kevin's nickname, why poor Kevin?? I'm so far out in the weeds now Tongue

MX101 looks like a great team to root for.

I do hope we can see Pettis racing down here full time in the future, he made so many improvements just from last year to now.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/6/2019 8:25pm
USA wrote:
Thanks for the back story! I think that little tidbit about your personal experience learning to ride at the facility they run now is really neat...
Thanks for the back story! I think that little tidbit about your personal experience learning to ride at the facility they run now is really neat.

I found where I thought there might be a story tied to MX101. Matthes did a write up on the race in Calgary, and in that story every time he mentions MX101, it is followed with "(Poor hot dog vendor)". I found a thread from 2008 on some other website that claims that is Matthes's nickname for Kevin Tyler.

Here's a quote:

``` "To me, if he’s [Pettis] 100 percent, he’s got this title because A.) he won it last year and B.) he’s a rider on the rise. But he might be giving up too many points at the first two or three rounds to get back that #1 plate. After him, the class appears to be wide open. Luke Renzland took Pettis’ old spot at MX101 Yamaha (Poor hot dog vendor) and went 6-1 on the day. Renzland raced one national last year up there and did pretty well. Calgary isn’t his ideal dirt conditions but he looked pretty good in moto two. He’ll get better as the softer dirt tracks start appearing in the series starting this weekend and back east." ```

If it's Kevin's nickname, why poor Kevin?? I'm so far out in the weeds now Tongue

I do hope we can see Pettis racing down here full time in the future, he made so many improvements just from last year to now.
A lot of people refer to Kevin as the Hot Dog vendor. I'm not sure what the backstory on that is.

As for the "poor Hot Dog vendor" comment, I think it's due to the fact that they've won the 250 national title the past two years and after each year the rider left to ride for another team.

2017 Maffenbeier won the 250 title and for 2018 he signed with the Monster Energy Alpinestar's Piller's Kawasaki team.

2018 Pettis won the 250 national and SX title and for 2019 he signed with the Red Bull Thor KTM team.

Now they're wondering if it'll happen again if Renzland wins the title. Maybe that's the recipe for success? LOL.

I think Pettis was on the list or was offered a fill in ride for the TLD KTM team this past SX season but he got hurt practicing. I would like to see Pettis ride in the US full time. He's only 21 so there's still time.
USA
Fantasy
507th
6/6/2019 8:30pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
A lot of people refer to Kevin as the Hot Dog vendor. I'm not sure what the backstory on that is. As for the "poor Hot...
A lot of people refer to Kevin as the Hot Dog vendor. I'm not sure what the backstory on that is.

As for the "poor Hot Dog vendor" comment, I think it's due to the fact that they've won the 250 national title the past two years and after each year the rider left to ride for another team.

2017 Maffenbeier won the 250 title and for 2018 he signed with the Monster Energy Alpinestar's Piller's Kawasaki team.

2018 Pettis won the 250 national and SX title and for 2019 he signed with the Red Bull Thor KTM team.

Now they're wondering if it'll happen again if Renzland wins the title. Maybe that's the recipe for success? LOL.

I think Pettis was on the list or was offered a fill in ride for the TLD KTM team this past SX season but he got hurt practicing. I would like to see Pettis ride in the US full time. He's only 21 so there's still time.
Ah now that makes a ton of sense. Thanks for all the knowledge drops!
acres951
6/7/2019 5:40am
USA wrote:
Thanks for the back story! I think that little tidbit about your personal experience learning to ride at the facility they run now is really neat...

Here's a quote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
A lot of people refer to Kevin as the Hot Dog vendor. I'm not sure what the backstory on that is. As for the "poor Hot...

Thanks Mav,

They are awesome guys who run a great program and to be clear, I don’t think the reason the guys are leaving has anything to do with the quality of that program which is proven to work. I think it may be more competing with other teams with more money to buy the guys they get to a championship.

I’m from the area as well we may even have crossed paths.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/7/2019 5:53am
acres951 wrote:
Thanks Mav, They are awesome guys who run a great program and to be clear, I don’t think the reason the guys are leaving has anything...
Thanks Mav,

They are awesome guys who run a great program and to be clear, I don’t think the reason the guys are leaving has anything to do with the quality of that program which is proven to work. I think it may be more competing with other teams with more money to buy the guys they get to a championship.

I’m from the area as well we may even have crossed paths.
You're right. The guys leaving has nothing to do with the equipment. They have a solid proven program.

Maffenbeier left for more money and Pettis left because US SX is something he likes to do and KTM offered to help him out with that part of his program.

Really can't blame any of them. Still sucks but that's business.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/7/2019 11:09am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2019 3:27pm
USA wrote:
Geez! Imagine if that happened before Hangtown.. 10-pager hahah. But about the app, it has its quirks on Android phones, but it's a hell of a...

I sent Two Wheels TV an email about last weekend and the app and they'll be relaunching a better version of it in July. We'll finally be able to watch it on the computer, every mobile device, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, and every Smart TV.

I think it's cool that some of the funds from the subscriptions goes towards helping out the series.

USA
Fantasy
507th
6/7/2019 4:26pm
I'm glad I got the lifetime subscription yesterday!! This new version sounds like the bee's knees. Sweet deal that they help out the series as well. I guess ad revenue from YouTube does not help as much for these smaller series; but, companies like this Two Wheels TV offer exactly the kind of services we so badly need in this sport.

I wont get off-topic on the state of race archives in our industry, specifically races before the past decade in the major series. Thanks for your dedication in spreading this information, Mav. You the man.

Post a reply to: Canadian Rockstar Energy Triple Crown Series | MX Tour | Round 1 - Wild Rose MX Park, AB

The Latest