Canadian Nationals - Round 9 - Deschambault

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/6/2017 5:44pm
Sodipop wrote:
Yeah. Faster than Colton. He should have attacked.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Pourcel was not faster than Facciotti go take a look a look at the lap times. Colton's fastest lap in moto 2 was 2:28.134 Pourcel's fast...
Pourcel was not faster than Facciotti go take a look a look at the lap times.

Colton's fastest lap in moto 2 was 2:28.134

Pourcel's fast lap in moto 2 was 2:29.419

Goerke 2:28.989

Chisholm 2:28.860

Medaglia 2:29.429
Sodipop wrote:
I don't care about early moto fast times. Late in the moto Goerke and Pourcel were faster and Pourcel could have attacked
In the last couple laps of the moto Colton fell, got up and took it easy in the last lap.

Think what you want bud. I told you from the start of the series that it wasn't going to be easy for him yet I believe it's you that said it was going to be a cake walk, he'll be 30 seconds a lap faster than everyone, and so on....

Pourcel has been trying and giving it his all yet you seem to know more than Pourcel himself. Are you delusional and can't accept the fact that he's no longer the Pourcel of the mid 2000's. I don't know what it is with you but it looks like you have a solid man crush on him. Why aren't you capable of giving credit to the other riders when credit is due. Is that too hard to do?

It seems like you won't be happy with any of his performances until he gaps the field by a minute plus and even then you'll still find something else to complain about.

Something tells me you don't ride.
Sodipop
8/6/2017 6:02pm
He pops his can on thumpertalk too. Id like to say you get used to it, but i havent
You're funny. I'm always right. Retire if you can't beat Goerke and Faccioti is my slogan
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/6/2017 6:05pm
He pops his can on thumpertalk too. Id like to say you get used to it, but i havent
I don't visit thumpertalk so I wouldn't know but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

I don't personally know him but I hope the negative attitude he seems to always have on here is not part of his daily life. It's certainly not the way to go through life.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/6/2017 6:12pm
Sodipop wrote:
You're funny. I'm always right. Retire if you can't beat Goerke and Faccioti is my slogan
So you're one of those "I'm always right, everybody else is wrong" type of guy.

Line up and see how many time Facciotti and Goerke lap your ass.

Alessi is a top 10 guy down south yet Goerke and Facciotti are considered slow by your standards?

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/6/2017 6:15pm
Honest question Sodipop if you shit on the Canadian series and everyone in it why do you even bother watching? Can't you think of something better to do with your time if it's not to your liking? Why waste your time watching a series you can't appreciate?

8/6/2017 10:27pm
On thumpertalk i believe he said there is more talent in the canadian nationals than the us this year. This was when he thought pourcel would whipe the floor with everyone
TeamGreen
8/7/2017 8:37pm
Sooooo much silliness in here: the track conditions were beyond the comprehension of ANYONE who wasn't there.

Colton rode PERFECT. This is the most focused and -smooth- I've seen him ride. EVER. It was awesome to witness.

One of you seems to be foolish enough to think that Christophe isn't fast anymore, can't race with the best anymore, that not beating Matt Goerke is some kind of sign that it's time to quit...
Etc., etc., etc. ...
News Flash for the dumbass making those statements: your an idiot and you know NOTHING about who is or isn't fast on the track. In-fact, should take up knitting; because, you're that disconnected from the realities of Motocorss. Period.

Matt and Christophe are in a title fight. Both of them are paid pretty damn good money to race for well established teams and on rather well developed equipment. When some inter-web Douche thinks he's got more knowledge than Bobby Hewitt or André Laurin, I find it very entertaining and I want to meet this idiot to tell him what an ass-clown he is.

But, I digress.

This weekend was epic.
Sodipop
8/7/2017 8:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Sooooo much silliness in here: the track conditions were beyond the comprehension of ANYONE who wasn't there. Colton rode PERFECT. This is the most focused and...
Sooooo much silliness in here: the track conditions were beyond the comprehension of ANYONE who wasn't there.

Colton rode PERFECT. This is the most focused and -smooth- I've seen him ride. EVER. It was awesome to witness.

One of you seems to be foolish enough to think that Christophe isn't fast anymore, can't race with the best anymore, that not beating Matt Goerke is some kind of sign that it's time to quit...
Etc., etc., etc. ...
News Flash for the dumbass making those statements: your an idiot and you know NOTHING about who is or isn't fast on the track. In-fact, should take up knitting; because, you're that disconnected from the realities of Motocorss. Period.

Matt and Christophe are in a title fight. Both of them are paid pretty damn good money to race for well established teams and on rather well developed equipment. When some inter-web Douche thinks he's got more knowledge than Bobby Hewitt or André Laurin, I find it very entertaining and I want to meet this idiot to tell him what an ass-clown he is.

But, I digress.

This weekend was epic.
Pourcel rides very cautiously
TeamGreen
8/7/2017 9:03pm
If you've broken your back once and your neck twice...maybe...just maybe...you might ride with some discretion.

HOWEVER, when I look at...IN PERSON...How FAST Christophe rides...
And HOW Christophe goes about "riding fast"...
INCLUDING jumping things and attacking features that NO-ONE-ELSE does...?
Well, "Cautious" ain't the word I'd use.

But, who cares?

Even after spending time in a wheelchair...
He's still doing it.

So...no matter what some folks think they know...
I KNOW that I've seen Christophe's name listed as "Fastest Qualifier" on more Continents, more Races, more different classes and types of Moto (GP, SX, MX) than ANYONE-ELSE I can think of.

Also, let's add the fact that my rider is trying to beat Christophe for the Canadian Title and my rider would, himself, say that your observations and comments about Christophe are "just WRONG".

So, lighten up, Francis.
Sodipop
8/7/2017 9:10pm
TeamGreen wrote:
If you've broken your back once and your neck twice...maybe...just maybe...you might ride with some discretion. HOWEVER, when I look at...IN PERSON...How FAST Christophe rides... And...
If you've broken your back once and your neck twice...maybe...just maybe...you might ride with some discretion.

HOWEVER, when I look at...IN PERSON...How FAST Christophe rides...
And HOW Christophe goes about "riding fast"...
INCLUDING jumping things and attacking features that NO-ONE-ELSE does...?
Well, "Cautious" ain't the word I'd use.

But, who cares?

Even after spending time in a wheelchair...
He's still doing it.

So...no matter what some folks think they know...
I KNOW that I've seen Christophe's name listed as "Fastest Qualifier" on more Continents, more Races, more different classes and types of Moto (GP, SX, MX) than ANYONE-ELSE I can think of.

Also, let's add the fact that my rider is trying to beat Christophe for the Canadian Title and my rider would, himself, say that your observations and comments about Christophe are "just WRONG".

So, lighten up, Francis.
Yeah. Because he's one of the most talented riders ever. I don't see why he shouldn't be having the same results millsaps had last year
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/7/2017 10:28pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Sooooo much silliness in here: the track conditions were beyond the comprehension of ANYONE who wasn't there. Colton rode PERFECT. This is the most focused and...

Etc., etc., etc. ...

But, I digress.

This weekend was epic.
Lol I totally get what you're saying but I'll just say this Manny, it's no use with that guy. Go take a look at his other posts in his profile.

He knows it all, everyone else knows dick all. Says he's ALWAYS right.

Guy is completely delusional. The guys that come up here should all retire, they're slow, the series sucks, riders sucks, no ones fast, the list goes on with that guy.

Alessi is still a top 10 guy down south but Pourcel should retire because he can't beat Goerke and Facciotti. What does that mean for Alessi?

Told him he should come up to see a race and see just how fast the guys are going. Told him go watch Gopher Dunes and see how rough it gets.

From the start of the series I said it wasn't going to be easy for him but Mr. Knowitall said he'll be 30 seconds a lap faster than everyone, says he's not trying, doesn't care about winning, etc. but I think the performance he put in at the Prince George round would beg to differ. You were there you know.

If he didn't care why would he not have just settled for 3rd in the 2nd moto at Deschambault on Sunday? Pourcel goes on the podium and gives credit to the guys up here being fast and his response Pourcel is lying or is saying that to tell them what they want to hear.

Just start ignoring what he says.
TeamGreen
8/8/2017 3:59am
Maverick has a pretty good grip on this.

Bye the way, for others in the gallery...Christophe's results this year aren't a whole lot different than Davi's; but, Matt got healthy and got his "charging speed" back.
Sodipop
8/8/2017 10:14am
Pourcel shows some moderate aggression and Georke can't handle it?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/8/2017 10:41am
Sodipop wrote:
According to Goerke on the podium he said that Christophe ran right into his side/leg then the front wheel.

He then said something along the lines of he had to do that because it's the only way that he can beat him and that we'll see about next week. I don't agree with that but when you're in the heat of the moment you say things without thinking.

As for Goerke telling Pourcel he was going to kill him and tried to fight him, I wasn't there so I have no idea. As they say there's always two sides to a story with the truth usually somewhere in the middle.
Sodipop
8/8/2017 10:45am
Sodipop wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
According to Goerke on the podium he said that Christophe ran right into his side/leg then the front wheel. He then said something along the lines...
According to Goerke on the podium he said that Christophe ran right into his side/leg then the front wheel.

He then said something along the lines of he had to do that because it's the only way that he can beat him and that we'll see about next week. I don't agree with that but when you're in the heat of the moment you say things without thinking.

As for Goerke telling Pourcel he was going to kill him and tried to fight him, I wasn't there so I have no idea. As they say there's always two sides to a story with the truth usually somewhere in the middle.
Pourcel riding around 80% all series is still in this championship even with Goerke's lame protest a few rounds ago. I don't think he has too much trouble beating him.
TeamGreen
8/8/2017 10:58am
This is getting interesting...there's quite a bit of TMZ spin going on here...and someone's stepping ALL OVER THE TRUTH...

Let's start with WHO said WHAT on the podium just 2 days, ago...

1st, Chrisophe stated that he was "DQ'd" at Truro (from his podium interview on Sunday...in FRENCH; so, he KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS SAYING). Christophe got docked 5 positions for VIOLATING the impound rule FOR THE SECOND TIME this year.
YES! That's right, it was the second time we had "impound issues".

Which brings us to what REALLY HAPPENED:
I have a REALLY HARD TIME believing a guy that's raced...
The GPs...and was a World Champion!
AMA SX...250 East ChampionTWICE!!!
AMA National Motocross ...250 Champion!
14 years since he stepped onto the world stage...one of the fastest out there his entire career.

And he can't find his way to the podium when he was CLEARLY 3RD?

He, 28 YEAR OLD Christophe Factory Rider Pourcel, didn't know he was 3rd? REALLY?

Or...He was sick?

Which is it?
Because, NO-ONE saw him getting sick (as was his story). NO-ONE can validate the stories that his camp has told from that day (they vary)...heck...THE OFFICIALS WENT AND GOT HIS BIKE!

Btw, earlier in the year, his team was warned after messing with the bike...IN IMPOUND! And we refused to seek enforcement and ACTUALLY requested a better & more definitive rule...we had their back! Always have!

Then Matt said he's gonna "Kill Him". Really? Uh, no. Go watch the podium interview. Never happened.

As for what happened on the train? Words were exchanged. Someone was an absolute smart ass & it pissed Matt off. Matt got over it.

C'esl la vie!

Note: does anyone know who, EXACTLY, on behalf of the Rockstar/OTSFF Yamaha Canada Team requested that the officials NOT enforce the 27 point penalty and asked that it be a "minimalist" penalty?
And do you know what the reason is/was?
Sodipop
8/8/2017 11:09am
TeamGreen wrote:
This is getting interesting...there's quite a bit of TMZ spin going on here...and someone's stepping ALL OVER THE TRUTH... Let's start with WHO said WHAT on...
This is getting interesting...there's quite a bit of TMZ spin going on here...and someone's stepping ALL OVER THE TRUTH...

1st, Chrisophe stated that he was "DQ'd" at Truro (from his podium interview on Sunday...in FRENCH; so, he KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS SAYING). Christophe got docked 5 positions for VIOLATING the impound rule FOR THE SECOND TIME this year.

14 years since he stepped onto the world stage...one of the fastest out there his entire career.

He, 28 YEAR OLD Christophe Factory Rider Pourcel, didn't know he was 3rd? REALLY?

Or...He was sick?

Which is it?
Because, NO-ONE saw him getting sick (as was his story). NO-ONE can validate the stories that his camp has told from that day (they vary)...heck...THE OFFICIALS WENT AND GOT HIS BIKE!

Btw, earlier in the year, his team was warned after messing with the bike...IN IMPOUND! And we refused to seek enforcement and ACTUALLY requested a better & more definitive rule...we had their back! Always have!

Then Matt said he's gonna "Kill Him". Really? Uh, no. Go watch the podium interview. Never happened.

As for what happened on the train? Words were exchanged. Someone was an absolute smart ass & it pissed Matt off. Matt got over it.

C'esl la vie!

Note: does anyone know who, EXACTLY, on behalf of the Rockstar/OTSFF Yamaha Canada Team requested that the officials NOT enforce the 27 point penalty and asked that it be a "minimalist" penalty?
Sure thing buddy..... Must have never happened.
F.B
8/8/2017 11:19am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2017 11:21am
"Note: does anyone know who, EXACTLY, on behalf of the Rockstar/OTSFF Yamaha Canada Team requested that the officials NOT enforce the 27 point penalty and asked that it be a "minimalist" penalty?
And do you know what the reason is/was?"

Goerke? Because he doesn't want to win the championship that way?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/8/2017 11:31am
TeamGreen wrote:
This is getting interesting...there's quite a bit of TMZ spin going on here...and someone's stepping ALL OVER THE TRUTH... Let's start with WHO said WHAT on...

Or...He was sick?

Which is it?

C'esl la vie!

I didn't hear Matt say he was going to kill him on the podium but according to Pourcel I guess Matt might have said it off stage while they exchanged words.

As for what happened on the train that wouldn't suprise me at all. I mean it's pretty obvious when a guy trows a temper tantrum and kicks his helmet after a moto that saying words and being a smartass isn't too far fetched.

As for him being sick from what I know was total bullshit. He just didn't want to be part of the podium celebration so had a temper tantrum and said fuck it went to the truck and called it a day. He knew full well he was in third. Saying Alessi bested him doesn't make sense since Mike was behind him from early in the moto.

As for the impound rules whether it's Pourcel, Goerke, Alessi, Facciotti, Benoit, Medaglia, Epstein, etc. The rules are the rules and both the riders and teams are aware of them. He's lucky the rules weren't enforced because his championship hopes would of been done by now. If Pourcel had impound issues before Truro and that was the second time then he's not only lucky but he's got a horseshoe stuck to his ass.

At the start of the series he said that if he enjoyed himself that we might see him again next year but as of now I'm thinking he tries to set himself up for one last tour of the U.S. nationals or he retreats back home and calls it a career.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/8/2017 11:33am
And on behalf of the Rockstar/OTSFF Yamaha Team I say it's TeamGreen.
Sodipop
8/8/2017 11:35am
TeamGreen wrote:

Or...He was sick?

Which is it?

C'esl la vie!

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I didn't hear Matt say he was going to kill him on the podium but according to Pourcel I guess Matt might have said it off...
I didn't hear Matt say he was going to kill him on the podium but according to Pourcel I guess Matt might have said it off stage while they exchanged words.

As for what happened on the train that wouldn't suprise me at all. I mean it's pretty obvious when a guy trows a temper tantrum and kicks his helmet after a moto that saying words and being a smartass isn't too far fetched.

As for him being sick from what I know was total bullshit. He just didn't want to be part of the podium celebration so had a temper tantrum and said fuck it went to the truck and called it a day. He knew full well he was in third. Saying Alessi bested him doesn't make sense since Mike was behind him from early in the moto.

As for the impound rules whether it's Pourcel, Goerke, Alessi, Facciotti, Benoit, Medaglia, Epstein, etc. The rules are the rules and both the riders and teams are aware of them. He's lucky the rules weren't enforced because his championship hopes would of been done by now. If Pourcel had impound issues before Truro and that was the second time then he's not only lucky but he's got a horseshoe stuck to his ass.

At the start of the series he said that if he enjoyed himself that we might see him again next year but as of now I'm thinking he tries to set himself up for one last tour of the U.S. nationals or he retreats back home and calls it a career.
This is why people don't respect the Canadian nationals. A lot of canadians seem to have this bunker mentality against any outsiders to the series. Goerke has been there for years so now he has the support. Sounds like you don't like Pourcel much.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/8/2017 12:00pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Or...He was sick?

Which is it?

C'esl la vie!

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I didn't hear Matt say he was going to kill him on the podium but according to Pourcel I guess Matt might have said it off...

Sodipop wrote:
This is why people don't respect the Canadian nationals. A lot of canadians seem to have this bunker mentality against any outsiders to the series. Goerke...
This is why people don't respect the Canadian nationals. A lot of canadians seem to have this bunker mentality against any outsiders to the series. Goerke has been there for years so now he has the support. Sounds like you don't like Pourcel much.
I've already stated that I'm a fan of Pourcel and that I have been for a long time.

I don't just cheer on Canadians. We've had people from the US, Australia, South Africa, Hungary, France, Switzerland, etc. Come race our series and I've been a fan of them as well. I wish more people would come race our series but we have limited rides available compared to the US and privateering it from Belgium or any other country in the world is difficult. Kornel Nemeth from Hungary raced our series a number of years ago. I had no idea who he was but that didn't matter. He was awesome to see ride. Canadians welcome people from other countries with open arms. I have never travelled but from what I've heard we are well liked everywhere we go unlike our neighbors to the south.

Like I've previously mentioned I don't care what country a rider is from as long as he's got a good attitude and is respectful. I'm a fan of motocross and just want to see good racing.

It's known fact that Pourcel has acted like a little spoiled diva/bitch in the past so when I hear stuff like this is going on in our series it doesn't surprise me one bit.

What does Goerke being here for a number of years have to do with anything? Josh Osby, Ryan Surratt, Dillan Epstein and other are all first timers to our series and they've all received support from the fans so the point you are trying to make is irrelevant.

I'm a fan of Pourcel but unlike you I don't have his balls deep in my mouth.
Sodipop
8/8/2017 12:03pm
Yeah. His balls must be in my mouth because I've observed that a Pourcel whose fastest lap is slower than Kyle Chisholm isn't a Pourcel at his best
8/8/2017 12:11pm
It's a shame this championship is already over 'cause the trash talk is getting better every week...
Tongue
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/8/2017 12:50pm
Sodipop wrote:
Yeah. His balls must be in my mouth because I've observed that a Pourcel whose fastest lap is slower than Kyle Chisholm isn't a Pourcel at...
Yeah. His balls must be in my mouth because I've observed that a Pourcel whose fastest lap is slower than Kyle Chisholm isn't a Pourcel at his best
Everyone knows that Pourcel of today is not the Pourcel of the mid 2000's but according to you he's now a has been and should call it a career because he can't beat Goerke or Facciotti.

He's making a living doing what he loves in the later stage if his career. What's wrong with that? I'm sure plenty of guys would have loved an opportunity to extend their career for a couple more years.

Pourcel's best Sunday was 2-2 for second overall. Seems to me like Pourcel has accepted the fact that he's no longer the racer he was and is fine with it so if I were you I'd get over it and move on before going into a massive depression.
8/8/2017 1:08pm
He accepts nothing.
He stated on Directmotocross he's still worth a top5 in the US, he's faster than his competition in Canada and the only reason he gets beat is because the tracks are not technical enough for him to make a difference...
8/8/2017 1:24pm
Give me a break, Pourcel is just getting beat plain and simple, don't give me some BS about the tracks.

And Sodipop I don't know what is wrong with you but I would just stop posting before you make yourself look more stupid.

Post a reply to: Canadian Nationals - Round 9 - Deschambault

The Latest