Canadian Nationals - Round 10 - Barrie

8/14/2017 4:35am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2017 8:39am
Maverick,correct me if I'm wrong, but if Pourcel had kept Facciotti behind him when he was leading moto 1 yesterday, wouldn't he have won the championship?
He'd have had the exact same points as Goerke and much more wins...
If so, so much for the penalty conspiracy theory...

Yeah, sure, Goerke probably would have put on much more of a fight with Medaglia in moto 2...
Yet...
TeamGreen
8/14/2017 5:24am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
CMRC is the series. Team protested and final decision was CMRC.

He got lucky twice.
F.B wrote:
I know CMRC is the series, I just wasn't sure if a protest was filled or not. OTSFF protesting and then saying they didn't want to...
I know CMRC is the series, I just wasn't sure if a protest was filled or not.

OTSFF protesting and then saying they didn't want to win the title that way doesn't make sense.

If youre going to protest, stand by your decision and don't ask for a lighter sanction. If you don't want to win that way, don't fill a protest in the first place.
OTSFF never protested. The officials ran the show and they were dealing with a team/rider that had violated the impound rule for the second time.
F.B
8/14/2017 6:07am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
CMRC is the series. Team protested and final decision was CMRC.

He got lucky twice.
F.B wrote:
I know CMRC is the series, I just wasn't sure if a protest was filled or not. OTSFF protesting and then saying they didn't want to...
I know CMRC is the series, I just wasn't sure if a protest was filled or not.

OTSFF protesting and then saying they didn't want to win the title that way doesn't make sense.

If youre going to protest, stand by your decision and don't ask for a lighter sanction. If you don't want to win that way, don't fill a protest in the first place.
TeamGreen wrote:
OTSFF never protested. The officials ran the show and they were dealing with a team/rider that had violated the impound rule for the second time.
Thanks for the clarification. In that case that makes sense. Goerke asking for a lighter sanction was a cool move, I doubt Pourcel would have done the same if the roles were reversed.
TeamGreen
8/14/2017 6:53am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Maverick,correct me if I'm wrong, but if Pourcel had kept Facciotti behind him when he was leading moto 1 yesterday, wouldn't he have won the championship...
Maverick,correct me if I'm wrong, but if Pourcel had kept Facciotti behind him when he was leading moto 1 yesterday, wouldn't he have won the championship?

Yeah, sure, Goerke probably would have put on much more of a fight with Medaglia in moto 2...
Yet...
Both Christophe and Matt covered this stuff in their podium interviews...

Christophe complimented Colton on his speed in the 1st Moto and Matt said he was jus' chillin' out there in the 2nd Moto trying to pass the time. Funny, when Colton caught up to him, Matt apparently decided that he wanted to be on the podium.

The drama of the 1st moto can only be understood by watching it. I think it's avail on Conx2share. I watched Matt go from 19th or 20th to 6th and I was counting the points differential the whole time. It made my head hurt. He fell as we were (I'm guessing) 5 or more minutes into the Moto...it could have been over right there.

But, Matt doesn't even know how to say "quit".

The Shop

8/14/2017 7:09am
Saw it, and didn't feel Pourcel put up much of a fight to keep first place...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/14/2017 8:11am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Maverick,correct me if I'm wrong, but if Pourcel had kept Facciotti behind him when he was leading moto 1 yesterday, wouldn't he have won the championship...

Yet...
If the points would of been tied after the second moto the tiebreaker goes to the one with the most wins. In this case it would of been Pourcel.

If they would of had the same amount of wins in the season I believe the tiebreaker is the one with the best overall finish at the last race. If they score the same amount of points on the day the tiebreaker goes to the one with the best 2nd moto finish.
8/14/2017 8:38am
Thx!
So actually Pourcel couldn't care less about Goerke but NEVER should have let Facciotti go by in the first moto...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/14/2017 9:05am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Thx!
So actually Pourcel couldn't care less about Goerke but NEVER should have let Facciotti go by in the first moto...
To be fair I don't think Pourcel saw Facciotti coming and once the pass was made he was surprised. He did put on a charge to try and get him back for the lead but it didn't work out.
nytsmaC
8/14/2017 9:51am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The 2017 Canadian Rockstar Energy Drink Motocross National Champions MX1/450 Matt Goerke & MX2/250 Shawn Maffenbeier [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/13/209754/s1200_2017_MX1_MX2_Champs_1.jpg[/img]
The 2017 Canadian Rockstar Energy Drink Motocross National Champions

MX1/450 Matt Goerke & MX2/250 Shawn Maffenbeier

Is Matt sponsored by Rockstar by chance? Worse than the claw. Congrats to Yamaha Canada! Impressive.
Pourcel is also sponsored by Rockstar so you can put that conspiracy theory to rest.
nytsmaC
8/14/2017 9:54am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Thx!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
To be fair I don't think Pourcel saw Facciotti coming and once the pass was made he was surprised. He did put on a charge to...
To be fair I don't think Pourcel saw Facciotti coming and once the pass was made he was surprised. He did put on a charge to try and get him back for the lead but it didn't work out.
That's what pit boards are for. I'm thinking he just didn't have anything for Colton in that race.
Donk122
8/14/2017 4:12pm
Maverick

There was no protest filed for Pourcels rule infraction at Pleasant Valley. The rule was broken, plain and simple.

I dont know the specifics, but the AMA has similar impound rule.

Post a reply to: Canadian Nationals - Round 10 - Barrie

The Latest