Canadian Mx #CMAGOAWAY

Monte122
Not sure if there was thread about this already.

What do you guys think about all this? Seems like all the top riders and alot of people in the industry are taking a stand by not supporting the CMA.

"Showcasing a zero-support effort towards the 2019 MXON WILL show the FIM a change in Canada needs to
happen"

A couple of the top riders have announced that they will not support the 2019 MXON.

http://guaranteedmx.com/the-flood-cmagoaway/

" class="img-fluid" />
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/13/2019 10:04am Edited Date/Time 6/13/2019 10:07am
Pretty safe to say we are not going to the MXdN this year. If yes, it certainly won't be our top guys.

Facciotti, not going.
Wright, not going.

Pretty sure Thompson won't be going since his brothers are trying to take over.

Hopefully shit gets back on track for 2020. Sucks that we won't see Facciotti going at it one last time.

2019 could have been great with Facciotti, Thompson and Pettis/Wright.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
6/13/2019 10:10am
Dylan Wright, Facciotti and GDR team have all taken a stand. Not sure about the others. Ryan Gauld is outspoken on this topic for sure with your link to his flood column.

I'm not sure if other riders will follow suit.

What's the end game here? FIM has jetwerx become their affiliate? I'm tired of FIM having anything to do with mx in north america.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/13/2019 10:13am
Ramrod wrote:
Dylan Wright, Facciotti and GDR team have all taken a stand. Not sure about the others. Ryan Gauld is outspoken on this topic for sure with...
Dylan Wright, Facciotti and GDR team have all taken a stand. Not sure about the others. Ryan Gauld is outspoken on this topic for sure with your link to his flood column.

I'm not sure if other riders will follow suit.

What's the end game here? FIM has jetwerx become their affiliate? I'm tired of FIM having anything to do with mx in north america.
The plan is for MRC/Jetwerx to be the FIM affiliate because CMA hasn't supported MX or moto in general in a very long time.

#FuckTheCMA

The Shop

hamncheeze
6/13/2019 10:33am
Bastedo family. Ruining the CMA since I was a little kid (hint: I'm 50 years old now).
Sir
6/13/2019 10:54am
An excerpt below from the http://guaranteedmx.com/the-flood-cmagoaway/ link provided by Monte122. Sounds like this"woman" has much to answer for.

How many of you out there think that Canada as a country is a bit of a pushover? My buddy Zeb said it best a few weeks back and it stands true when you say it. Canadians are always, “oops, sorry eh.” Rather than, “F That, this is how it is and there’s no changing it.” Sometimes I wish we as a country we were more like the US when backing something we believe in. Well, maybe now we have our shot to make a difference, make a change, and prove our country is not some semi-dumb odd word pronouncing wimpy little brother. The CMA has to go away for good. The “Woman” who runs it (she doesn’t deserve a name) is a human that deserves nothing for her acts towards Canadian moto, and the time for change is now.

A few months ago, a new President was named at the top of the FIM. He replaced the very corrupt leader prior and this new President Jorge Vegas has shaken stuff up. Now, the FIM does squat for our country, absolutely squat. Much like the US, they are not needed for us to go racing. Mark Stallybrass proved that for 30 years. Jetwerx is now doing the same thing. The amount of poison that CMA has injected into Canadian MX – rivals’ people that serve life sentences in prison for their acts.

With the shakeup at the head of the FIM, it took the “woman” down a peg in the power struggle she used to have. The FIM then started to realize the disease she is and up until about a month ago nearly took the only thing the CMA had left, away. The announcement of “Team Canada is going to Assen” went out last week and the only reason it did, is so that “woman” can get her little bit of cash flow from the FIM.
500guy
6/13/2019 11:10am
So what exactly is the problem?
Rooster
6/13/2019 12:12pm
500guy wrote:
The Bastedo family.
Motogoof
6/13/2019 1:30pm
Technically she’s not a Bastedo. She just married one and when they split 100 years ago she never changed her name back to her maiden name .
Bermworm
6/13/2019 3:59pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Bastedo family. Ruining the CMA since I was a little kid (hint: I'm 50 years old now).
Yup and we are the same age.For me in mini's there were no CMA tracks in Eastern Ontario back then and it was actually closer to race district 3 in N.Y. then try to get to Southern Ontario and back. John Milne did his best with Gartree Park but the CMA provided no support just obstacles.Sound familiar?
Adam43
6/13/2019 5:36pm
Marilyn Bastedo may well have made a contribution to the sport decades ago, but since at least 1995 has done next to nothing.

CMA is a zombie organization relative to the size of the sport in this country.

The FIM surely realizes they are getting nothing out of Canada. It boils down to two possibilities:

A) They don't care

Or

Cool They feel things are unlikely to materially improve for them by naming Jetwerx/CMRC or anyone else as a their new affiliate.

Although its 25 years overdue here, change can still happen in a hurry. We should all stand behind Facciotti and Kourtney Lloyd, and hope that the modest attention that brings results in some improvements.

I think it would help if they, and others that have been involved in MXON could fully articulate the problems with the current CMA structure and personnel, and what specifically they would suggest going forward.
Motogoof
6/13/2019 5:58pm
I’d love to know who is in line for her job when she is gone. Does anyone know?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/15/2019 10:23am
You can sign a petition if you think the CMA should no longer have the rights to manage Team Canada/Canadians competing at international events.

Sign Petition
byke
6/15/2019 10:49am
Ha, love the typo on the meme in the link.
11/6/2019 6:11pm
Motogoof wrote:
I’d love to know who is in line for her job when she is gone. Does anyone know?
No one wants the job
11/7/2019 8:47am
Adam43 wrote:
Marilyn Bastedo may well have made a contribution to the sport decades ago, but since at least 1995 has done next to nothing. CMA is a...
Marilyn Bastedo may well have made a contribution to the sport decades ago, but since at least 1995 has done next to nothing.

CMA is a zombie organization relative to the size of the sport in this country.

The FIM surely realizes they are getting nothing out of Canada. It boils down to two possibilities:

A) They don't care

Or

Cool They feel things are unlikely to materially improve for them by naming Jetwerx/CMRC or anyone else as a their new affiliate.

Although its 25 years overdue here, change can still happen in a hurry. We should all stand behind Facciotti and Kourtney Lloyd, and hope that the modest attention that brings results in some improvements.

I think it would help if they, and others that have been involved in MXON could fully articulate the problems with the current CMA structure and personnel, and what specifically they would suggest going forward.
You are very close with your second theory. Change is needed within the CMA as we need a national organization. If any organization has the potential to become the FIM affiliate it’s Jetwerx/Justin Thompson
11/7/2019 8:54am Edited Date/Time 11/7/2019 5:33pm
500guy wrote:
Rooster wrote:
The Bastedo family.
ONE Bastedo. And she left the family about 40 years ago but never changed her last name. The rest are regular enthusiasts like you

Post a reply to: Canadian Mx #CMAGOAWAY

The Latest