Canadian MX Nationals Highlights - Sand Del Lee Round 5

Related:
Create New Tag

7/9/2018 3:10 PM

Highlights from Round 5 of the Rockstar Triple Crown MX Tour at Sand Del Lee in Ottawa, Ontario.

|

7/9/2018 4:08 PM

Where can I watch full replays?

|

7/9/2018 5:13 PM

debun wrote:

Where can I watch full replays?

You can’t. That’s why we do these things.
With the TV contract, they aren’t allowed to archive the live stream.
Unless, of course, someone copied it and posted it somewhere.

|

7/10/2018 12:26 PM

In my opinion Jetwerx/MRC needs to get their shit together.

They claim they want to grow the sport but they go ahead and move the races to Saturday. They need to go back to Sunday's for the pro's and have the women and amateurs go back to Saturday's.

Why? Canada doesn't have the population of the US and a lot of people work on Saturday's including people in the industry. Saturday is easily the busiest day of the week for dealerships/salesmans. Having the pro's race on Saturday makes it impossible to attend the races.

They want live TV but having the women race the same day as the pro's makes for a really long day. Move them back to amateur day and the day just became a lot shorter and the women can then be the main focus of amateur day. Just like the previous years.

They need a better streaming platform than the one they currently use. Livestream.com is what they should really be using. It's full HD, very affordable, chat feature on the side for fans to interact, on screen live results, etc. The races air on the same day as the US Nationals which a lot more people follow including Canadians. Not having them archived is a big problem. Why? because it's hard to follow the Canadian series when the US series is going on at the same time and like I previously mentioned a lot of people are at work. Having the races go back to Sunday would allow more people to attend the events and follow the series. As it is now you can't watch the races until the edited half hour show airs on TV. Most people watching the livestream on the internet are hardcore fans of the sport so a half hour show is not all that appealing compared to a 4 hour archived stream of the entire motos. Not to mention the edited show airs weeks later. By then everyone knows the results. Having the stream archived would allow the ones that can't attend the races to watch them later in the evening after work or Sunday morning.

Last year and in the previous years the races were archived not long after the races aired yet this year that can't be done? Not only that but after the edited races aired on television they were uploaded to the CMRC YouTube channel for all to watch.

They need to bring back Travers and Koster for the announcing. Announcing is not an easy job and it's easy to see the current guys don't have much if any experience. Being monotone/no enthusiasm doesn't get people amped up for the racing. The Uhh, Umm, you know, etc. every few words is not only hard on the ears but doesn't look/sound very professional.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for what they are trying to accomplish but the whole package seems very rushed and not well polished.

Anyway, that's just my opinion and I know a lot of other's that share the same one.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/11/2018 10:15 PM

A quick trip to the MRC website will tell you everything you need to know about how smooth their takeover has been.

|

7/12/2018 8:10 AM

They want live TV but having the women race the same day as the pro's makes for a really long day. Move them back to amateur day and the day just became a lot shorter and the women can then be the main focus of amateur day. Just like the previous years.

How is the Women taking up Live stream time for a total of 20 minutes during the intermission make the day shorter? Their first moto is in the morning before they start filming/livestreaming.

If they would go back on Sunday I would understand but rigth now the amateur day on Sunday is just non existing at many rounds, barely 4-5 riders in some of the classes and zero industry people or spectator.
|

7/12/2018 8:46 AM

Bermworm wrote:

A quick trip to the MRC website will tell you everything you need to know about how smooth their takeover has been.

Yup, they could at least keep it current, doesnt seem like anyone paying attention to it...

|