Can you ID these Smith goggles?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2020 7:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2020 7:50 PM

I've got an old pair of Smith goggles in great shape that I'd like to find lenses for. No contact information for Smith on their website. I've looked everywhere I can think of and I think I'm SOL. Oh, well.

Anyone know this model?

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

2015 Kawasaki KX 250F
2015 GasGas TXT Racing 125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125
2018 KTM 150 XC-W

7/8/2020 9:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2020 9:27 PM

Looks like same old SMX lens to me.

|

@ Teamflanneloutdoors
Instagram
Youtube

7/8/2020 10:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2020 10:13 PM

|

2015 Kawasaki KX 250F
2015 GasGas TXT Racing 125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125
2018 KTM 150 XC-W

7/8/2020 10:52 PM

Lucky bastard 😜

|

7/10/2020 7:39 AM

I think these companies do that on purpose, I have a a really nice pair of fox goggles that was only used a few times and they got stepped on and kinked the lens. There is not one thing on the goggles that tell you what model they are , just a fox head.

|

7/10/2020 11:46 AM

I know smith used to mold in the model number on the bottom of the frame but it's been a million years since I've used them so I don't know if they did that up to the end.

|

7/10/2020 3:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2020 3:23 PM

Spooner wrote:

I know smith used to mold in the model number on the bottom of the frame but it's been a million years since I've used them so I don't know if they did that up to the end.

I'm looking and I an't seein' nuthin. I see "Made in the USA" over on one side of the eye which I assume makes these collector's items since everything is Made in China now, and over on the other side "Smith Sport Optics".

Oh, wait....

over in the right nose piece....

> PU <

These are the "In Between Pee-YEW!!!!!" model. So, they don't quite suck but they're not as good as they could be, I guess.


|

2015 Kawasaki KX 250F
2015 GasGas TXT Racing 125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125
2018 KTM 150 XC-W

7/10/2020 6:15 PM

Spooner wrote:

I know smith used to mold in the model number on the bottom of the frame but it's been a million years since I've used them so I don't know if they did that up to the end.

HighPlainsSquid wrote:

I'm looking and I an't seein' nuthin. I see "Made in the USA" over on one side of the eye which I assume makes these collector's items since everything is Made in China now, and over on the other side "Smith Sport Optics".

Oh, wait....

over in the right nose piece....

> PU <

These are the "In Between Pee-YEW!!!!!" model. So, they don't quite suck but they're not as good as they could be, I guess.


The >PU< mark just means it's made out of Polyurethane

|

7/10/2020 8:31 PM

Jbulz wrote:

The >PU< mark just means it's made out of Polyurethane

I like my story better.

|

2015 Kawasaki KX 250F
2015 GasGas TXT Racing 125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125
2018 KTM 150 XC-W