Can we keep sx sections indoors and not out?

5/19/2018 4:25am
I actually kinda miss Kenworthys. SX guys would do well there. Huffman for example. Only need one or two like that though. I'll throw my hat...
I actually kinda miss Kenworthys. SX guys would do well there. Huffman for example. Only need one or two like that though. I'll throw my hat in with the rut nazis. I'm sick of them in the corners. I say this every couple years, but go watch Reynard come from wayyyyyy back to DESTROY THE GOAT at Unadilla back before the ruts and other changes came into play. 1998 or 1999 125 class second moto. Watch how innovative he is in the corners. We might never see that style of racing again if we're stickin with rippin. 4ts won't allow it either, but that's another kettle of rotten fish.
Yeah I miss kenworthys too. It was nice only having to drive an hour to watch the pros race lol. Now it’s 3hrs to RedBud & 3hrs to Ironman
jemcee
5/19/2018 4:40am
I actually kinda miss Kenworthys. SX guys would do well there. Huffman for example. Only need one or two like that though. I'll throw my hat...
I actually kinda miss Kenworthys. SX guys would do well there. Huffman for example. Only need one or two like that though. I'll throw my hat in with the rut nazis. I'm sick of them in the corners. I say this every couple years, but go watch Reynard come from wayyyyyy back to DESTROY THE GOAT at Unadilla back before the ruts and other changes came into play. 1998 or 1999 125 class second moto. Watch how innovative he is in the corners. We might never see that style of racing again if we're stickin with rippin. 4ts won't allow it either, but that's another kettle of rotten fish.
I liked it too cause it was different and like you say different riders would go good there.. Variety is the spice of life haha
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
5/19/2018 6:12am
racerx317 wrote:
What?! Even our local tracks dig it deep and it creates a ton of lines everywhere. I think the slot car stuff comes more from track...
What?! Even our local tracks dig it deep and it creates a ton of lines everywhere. I think the slot car stuff comes more from track layout/design or maybe more novice riders that play follow the leader. Even our local races create a minimum of 10-15 lines in most turns. Most Nationals have a ton of lines as well. Deeper the better... slows down the racing, creates more lines and makes the track rough and gnarly.
I'd like to make up an entirely new line if I felt like it. Ruts make that tough. That's what slot car means. There might be...
I'd like to make up an entirely new line if I felt like it. Ruts make that tough. That's what slot car means. There might be multiple rutted lines....but those lines are basically it for the rest of the day. Watch Reynard destroy the goat and tell me ruts are the ticket.
racerx317 wrote:
I understand the relation to slot cars but just don’t agree with it because you can cross over ruts unless they’re in a deep clay mud...
I understand the relation to slot cars but just don’t agree with it because you can cross over ruts unless they’re in a deep clay mud 3 foot deep trench scenario. However deep prep makes the tracks much more rough as well... shallow tracks are typically just slick and have square edge holes. Much more dangerous and not as much skill required to ride them fast. Less separation between skill levels of riders, imo as well.
There might be 10-15 "lines" but you have to stay in that line the entire way around the corner. Watch the couple races they thought there might be rain, believe last years hangtown was one. They didn't rip it as deep and sure enough, riders had more options in the corners.
Fourth_Floor
5/19/2018 7:04am
Flip109 wrote:
Please all you jump Nazis go watch flat track. Every track is man made. If you wanna see guys tackle completely natural terrain maybe your thing...
Please all you jump Nazis go watch flat track. Every track is man made. If you wanna see guys tackle completely natural terrain maybe your thing is actually GNCC racing. Ever think about that?? The bike is man made, the gear is man made, the tracks are man made by man made machinery. Fuck the riders are man made (LOL). Wtf is with everyone’s urge to see “natural” tracks.
100%

Since bikes and suspension has gotten better, the biggest spectator draw on the track has always been at least one big jump. I have never ridden at a legit motocross track that hasn't had at least one big ass jump to separate the men from the boys. It's a big part of the appeal of the sport. These are top of the food chain riders that I very highly doubt get intimidated by any tracks they ride on. Viewing these tracks at your skill level vs. how Eli Tomac views the track is inherently different, I promise you that.

The Shop

mx317
5/19/2018 7:29am
yak651 wrote:
There might be 10-15 "lines" but you have to stay in that line the entire way around the corner. Watch the couple races they thought there...
There might be 10-15 "lines" but you have to stay in that line the entire way around the corner. Watch the couple races they thought there might be rain, believe last years hangtown was one. They didn't rip it as deep and sure enough, riders had more options in the corners.
and those tracks not ripped so deep produced much better racing.

As far as big jumps on the track, having one big signature jump is fine for the pros to jump. Even if amateurs race the same track, they could just give an option to double instead of doing the triple. The Bomber triple at Muddy Creek is a great example of this in my opinion. It needs to be set up with something in front of it that requires skill (whoops, corner, etc.) so that a C rider couldn't even get the speed to try.
5/19/2018 7:45am
jemcee wrote:
This is a prime example of US track prep.. I say that cause I don't know about you but I couldn't definitively tell you what track...
This is a prime example of US track prep.. I say that cause I don't know about you but I couldn't definitively tell you what track this is, could be any of them.. It's not deep clay and ya not 'crossing over' any of these ruts

And dunno if I agree about 'not as much skill required' takes a different set of skills definitely but not less.. Not saying that none of the tracks should be prepped like that just that not all the tracks should be prepped like that
I love racing tracks like this. Ruts everywhere. So many passing opportunities. I don't understand what all the complaining is about. You ride bikes through dirt, it forms ruts. Better than a chopped out speedway.
5/19/2018 7:48am
Yeah I miss kenworthys too. It was nice only having to drive an hour to watch the pros race lol. Now it’s 3hrs to RedBud &...
Yeah I miss kenworthys too. It was nice only having to drive an hour to watch the pros race lol. Now it’s 3hrs to RedBud & 3hrs to Ironman
Still 2 hours closer than any national to me and there is one to the West, South, and East. Kenworthy's was awesome. I'm the kind of guy that never wants the tracks to change because of the history behind them, though.
bvm111
5/19/2018 8:08am
Ruts are lame not any fun and dangerous in my opinion! However, I grew up racing in AZ and everything was rock hard blue groove so I never developed those skills 30 years ago. Admittedly this hurts my riding to this day as my rutty turning technique is non existent and makes me go begginer speed!
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/19/2018 8:37am
They took out the huge fly 150 jump or whatever it was and people are still complaining??
racerx317
5/19/2018 1:04pm
jemcee wrote:
This is a prime example of US track prep.. I say that cause I don't know about you but I couldn't definitively tell you what track...
This is a prime example of US track prep.. I say that cause I don't know about you but I couldn't definitively tell you what track this is, could be any of them.. It's not deep clay and ya not 'crossing over' any of these ruts

And dunno if I agree about 'not as much skill required' takes a different set of skills definitely but not less.. Not saying that none of the tracks should be prepped like that just that not all the tracks should be prepped like that
Listen to Jeremy Martin in his interview about light prep after he set fastest qualifying times today...
https://instagram.com/p/Bi9-lMqF-Lt/
logan_140
5/19/2018 8:57pm
jemcee wrote:

racerx317 wrote:
Listen to Jeremy Martin in his interview about light prep after he set fastest qualifying times today...
https://instagram.com/p/Bi9-lMqF-Lt/
Track prep was great today imo.
philG
5/20/2018 4:39am
it was .. great racing. Nice and technical.
Fourth_Floor
5/20/2018 5:48am
This was just added to Glen Helen [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/18/262825/s1200_E2F15A0E_A70D_458A_94C1_AF4DCF0C256B.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/18/262826/s1200_BDF2A243_1AA6_4939_8A6C_961582E4B322.jpg[/img]
This was just added to Glen Helen
logan_140 wrote:
What is the point of this?! So some C rider goes out there trying to send it and ends up with 2 broke legs? I️ just...
What is the point of this?! So some C rider goes out there trying to send it and ends up with 2 broke legs? I️ just don’t get it man...
Holy shit!! Ok, that's a bit much. Are they seriously going to keep that for next weekend? Someone is going to massively wad up on that.
Samuel
5/20/2018 6:55am
I thought the track was great. Those were nothing like supercross whoops. I think it's awesome, I've ridden a couple tracks that had big rolling whoops, and they're way fun. Also thought the track prep was better then it has been. I was getting tired of the rut-ocross that we've had in the past. Hope they keep ripping the tracks shallow. Looks like they're starting to catch on to the mxgp's style of prep.
SwingHard
5/20/2018 7:09am
Flip109 wrote:
Please all you jump Nazis go watch flat track. Every track is man made. If you wanna see guys tackle completely natural terrain maybe your thing...
Please all you jump Nazis go watch flat track. Every track is man made. If you wanna see guys tackle completely natural terrain maybe your thing is actually GNCC racing. Ever think about that?? The bike is man made, the gear is man made, the tracks are man made by man made machinery. Fuck the riders are man made (LOL). Wtf is with everyone’s urge to see “natural” tracks.
100% Since bikes and suspension has gotten better, the biggest spectator draw on the track has always been at least one big jump. I have never...
100%

Since bikes and suspension has gotten better, the biggest spectator draw on the track has always been at least one big jump. I have never ridden at a legit motocross track that hasn't had at least one big ass jump to separate the men from the boys. It's a big part of the appeal of the sport. These are top of the food chain riders that I very highly doubt get intimidated by any tracks they ride on. Viewing these tracks at your skill level vs. how Eli Tomac views the track is inherently different, I promise you that.
Go watch Hangtowns post race press conference and listen to what Eli,Musquin,and Barcia have to say about your Man jumps. If your definition of a legit motocross track is defined by the size of the jumps, your right,you haven't ridden a legit motocross track.
Fourth_Floor
5/20/2018 7:20am
Flip109 wrote:
100% Since bikes and suspension has gotten better, the biggest spectator draw on the track has always been at least one big jump. I have never...
100%

SwingHard wrote:
Go watch Hangtowns post race press conference and listen to what Eli,Musquin,and Barcia have to say about your Man jumps. If your definition of a legit...
Go watch Hangtowns post race press conference and listen to what Eli,Musquin,and Barcia have to say about your Man jumps. If your definition of a legit motocross track is defined by the size of the jumps, your right,you haven't ridden a legit motocross track.
I listened to it. I'm all for a big jump or two on the track but what they put in at Glen Helen is way overboard.
drt410
5/20/2018 11:18am
Im not seeing it. Yesterday alone had uphill step ups, step downs, off cambers, uphill rollers, huge sweepers, massive table tops. These tracks are nothing like supercross in any way. You dont see true rythm lanes either you see a few jumps in a row. This is way over exaggerated here. Yea theres jumps, mx has jumps too, but its nothing like sx. These are the big boys racing they hit big boy jumps. Someone said that all tracks have these massive jumps...check out Southwick.

Post a reply to: Can we keep sx sections indoors and not out?

The Latest