Can this be true? Langston with J-Law

YZKEN250
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:30pm
Grant Langston was at the Yamaha test track today putting in some SX for the first time in a while. The big surprise was that he was on JLaw's old race bike, and apparently he may be a part owner of JLaw Racing and will race for the team as well. These are still un-confirmed rumors and may be half-truths, but we like to stir the pot, and will get you the full story when we know more.

We want to know what you think, would this be a good idea for Langston?

For

now, here's proof that he was at least riding Lawrences bike:

motocross.com
|
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
11/11/2009 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:54pm
I thought GL & Hammy started a team together?
Goon
11/11/2009 5:34pm
He was probably just borrowing the bike; he's been doing that.
Goon
11/11/2009 5:35pm
I haven't talked to Jason about anything like that lately.
Research1
11/11/2009 5:40pm
Langston was at Perris yesterday (tuesday) doing moto's on an RMZ450. Ryan Newton was there also riding laps on what looked like one of JLaws old bikes.

The Shop

Sliim280
11/11/2009 6:27pm
I read on matthes's twitter yesterday that he was testing with factory honda
TerryK
11/11/2009 6:30pm
Anything's possible next year.
wownd out
11/11/2009 6:34pm
I saw him too i was at the Yamaha track today and im like WTF J-Law got out? then i see the big #8 im like cool it's Langston, by the time i got to my car for the video camera he had pulled off, i'm going there friday i'll try to get some video then.
lukaitis9
11/11/2009 6:39pm
Didn't Lawrence help out Hamblin a couple of years ago?
swizcore
11/11/2009 6:40pm
He was actually at my house yesterday testing my new Toro Zero-turn mower.
Sonny
11/11/2009 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:54pm
Don't you just love M otocross . com . This Chris Worden dork, gets snapshot with Langston on J-Laws bike. Instead of going over to the trailer in the pits and inquiring about GL's status, he uploads this awesome picture he took and writes Rumor Mill, Langston and J-Law Business Partners?

Question for any Moto media person. Would it not be more credible to get the scoop than to blast a possible rumor??
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/11/2009 7:14pm
I'd heard that he also rode Jason's bike at Lapaglia's place.
11/11/2009 8:40pm
Sonny wrote:
Don't you just love M otocross . com . This Chris Worden dork, gets snapshot with Langston on J-Laws bike. Instead of going over to the...
Don't you just love M otocross . com . This Chris Worden dork, gets snapshot with Langston on J-Laws bike. Instead of going over to the trailer in the pits and inquiring about GL's status, he uploads this awesome picture he took and writes Rumor Mill, Langston and J-Law Business Partners?

Question for any Moto media person. Would it not be more credible to get the scoop than to blast a possible rumor??
What's even a little bit funnier are people who have no idea what they are talking about. Were you there today? Do you know what actually transpired? And god forbid there were any kind of rumors on internet boards, because we know that never happens. And do you honestly think I would let Chris Worden put my logo on one of his photos! Sometimes I don't even want to do it to my own! It's Silly Season Sonny, just relax and have fun with it.
11/11/2009 9:01pm
Sonny wrote:
Don't you just love M otocross . com . This Chris Worden dork, gets snapshot with Langston on J-Laws bike. Instead of going over to the...

What's even a little bit funnier are people who have no idea what they are talking about. Were you there today? Do you know what actually...
What's even a little bit funnier are people who have no idea what they are talking about. Were you there today? Do you know what actually transpired? And god forbid there were any kind of rumors on internet boards, because we know that never happens. And do you honestly think I would let Chris Worden put my logo on one of his photos! Sometimes I don't even want to do it to my own! It's Silly Season Sonny, just relax and have fun with it.
Nice photo of GL on the 338 BTW BrownDog Wink

Hope to see ya at Barona Sat...
11/11/2009 9:01pm
Sonny wrote:

Come on, calling me a dork? That's all you've got?
Sonny
11/11/2009 9:02pm
Sorry, only got to the main page and saw THAT photo. Your logo isn't shown on the photo there. Hey I said it was a great photo. Now, go back tomorrow and find out whats going on.
Sonny
11/11/2009 9:12pm
Sonny wrote:

Dude, this could have been a great story. But whose to know if it's true or if Yamaha had a J-Law bike in hock and GL was suspension testing. Yeah it's all rumor until someone asks. You've got the best URL in the business, no shit.
Not for nothing, GuyB would have gotten audio of an interview and come back with a nice slideshow to go with it.

Dork is a polite word in this forum. Stick around, you'll see it gets better.
roguemx
11/11/2009 9:13pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2009 9:46pm
Considering who normally rides that bike and the set-up he runs, Langston looks like a beast on J-Laws bike.
Sonny
11/11/2009 9:14pm
Sonny, you obviously are in 'the know.' You better fill us in!
No, I'm not in the know and none of us are. BECAUSE M OTOCROSS . COM dropped the ball and never got the story.
11/11/2009 9:33pm
Sonny, I wasn't at the track today. I'm going off of the information I've been given. It was either that or run nothing.

You're right, GuyB probably would have done something big, but I'm not GuyB. He's got a lot more years under his journalistic belt than I do and certainly does great work.
JM21
Fantasy
4006th
11/11/2009 9:48pm
Sonny wrote:

STFU noob....sorry couldn't resist. Carry on.
motocross377
11/11/2009 9:54pm
We packed up this morning and headed out to Corona to see who was out at the test tracks. We met up with a lot of the Star Yamaha guys and there was a surprise rider there. Who, you ask? No other than Jason Lawrence! Ok, OK we are kidding, but Grant Langston was out there putting in a few laps on J-Law's bike. In talking to Langston we discovered he will be riding on J-Law’s team this year. Today was one of the first days for GL back on the SX track; his first time out he looked to be a little rusty, but in his second session he went out and hit all of the triples and whoop sections. We are not 100% sure on what Langston’s roll will be with J-Law Racing; however, we did confirm his plan is to race the 2010 Supercross season! Keep your eyes open for more information on Cool G's return.

thats off panicrev
mccread
11/12/2009 4:15am
GL would have been a good fit for factory suzuki... where does that leave Hamblin?
Kinetic1
11/12/2009 4:31am
I'd hate to see Hammy spend another year on the couch. Somebody somewhere must have something for him. He's too good not to be able to find a ride of some sort.
Highsider
11/12/2009 6:22am Edited Date/Time 11/12/2009 7:17am
EDIT: Just got me thinking, I love Chris Worden's work...especially the hot women shots!
Keep up the good work and welcome to Vital.Smile
PD441
11/12/2009 7:13am
Highsider wrote:
EDIT: Just got me thinking, I love Chris Worden's work...especially the hot women shots!Keep up the good work and welcome to Vital.
EDIT: Just got me thinking, I love Chris Worden's work...especially the hot women shots!
Let's give credit where credit is due, Jim. Chris is cool but the shots are all Brown Dog Wilson's.Wink
Highsider
11/12/2009 7:23am
Highsider wrote:
EDIT: Just got me thinking, I love Chris Worden's work...especially the hot women shots!Keep up the good work and welcome to Vital.
PD441 wrote:
Let's give credit where credit is due, Jim. Chris is cool but the shots are all Brown Dog Wilson's.Wink
I should have labeled my post as "OFF TOPIC", because it was just my mind drifting toward the sexy, gorgeous photos Chris takes of his lady friends.

I tried to rewrite it somewhat.

Have a great day, Paul.
DrSweden
11/12/2009 7:26am
Based on Langston’s persona, I get the impression that he would have a good influence on J-Law? Clock is ticking and I wish someone could straighten up J-Law before age kills his career as well...
Alpine91290
11/12/2009 6:41pm
they have some identical sponsors, and jason did help out hambone so i could see the partnership being a possibility
BobbyM
11/12/2009 6:44pm
Sliim280 wrote:
I read on matthes's twitter yesterday that he was testing with factory honda
i saw langston riding a zundapp at the bultaco factory track...wtf is goin on here?

Post a reply to: Can this be true? Langston with J-Law

The Latest