Can this be true? Langston with J-Law

Related:
Create New Tag

11/11/2009 5:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 6:54 PM

Grant Langston was at the Yamaha test track today putting in some SX for the first time in a while. The big surprise was that he was on JLaw's old race bike, and apparently he may be a part owner of JLaw Racing and will race for the team as well. These are still un-confirmed rumors and may be half-truths, but we like to stir the pot, and will get you the full story when we know more.

We want to know what you think, would this be a good idea for Langston?

For

now, here's proof that he was at least riding Lawrences bike:

motocross.com

|

11/11/2009 5:29 PM

I thought GL & Hammy started a team together?

|

11/11/2009 5:34 PM

He was probably just borrowing the bike; he's been doing that.

|

Subconsciously, I think I am the smartest person in the world.

Special Thanks To: American Honda, Red Bull, Nike 6.0, and AM-PM.

11/11/2009 5:35 PM

I haven't talked to Jason about anything like that lately.

|

Subconsciously, I think I am the smartest person in the world.

Special Thanks To: American Honda, Red Bull, Nike 6.0, and AM-PM.

11/11/2009 5:40 PM

Langston was at Perris yesterday (tuesday) doing moto's on an RMZ450. Ryan Newton was there also riding laps on what looked like one of JLaws old bikes.

|

11/11/2009 6:27 PM

I read on matthes's twitter yesterday that he was testing with factory honda

|

11/11/2009 6:30 PM

Anything's possible next year.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Scottish. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Scotsman!

11/11/2009 6:34 PM

I saw him too i was at the Yamaha track today and im like WTF J-Law got out? then i see the big #8 im like cool it's Langston, by the time i got to my car for the video camera he had pulled off, i'm going there friday i'll try to get some video then.

|

Proud American

11/11/2009 6:39 PM

Didn't Lawrence help out Hamblin a couple of years ago?

|

Check out my projects - Lukaitis Photo - NJ Motocross - The Moto Pages The Privateer's Story

For help with motorsports marketing, media, and management visit ScottLukaitis.com

11/11/2009 6:40 PM

He was actually at my house yesterday testing my new Toro Zero-turn mower.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

11/11/2009 7:10 PM

Don't you just love M otocross . com . This Chris Worden dork, gets snapshot with Langston on J-Laws bike. Instead of going over to the trailer in the pits and inquiring about GL's status, he uploads this awesome picture he took and writes Rumor Mill, Langston and J-Law Business Partners?

Question for any Moto media person. Would it not be more credible to get the scoop than to blast a possible rumor??

|

11/11/2009 7:14 PM

I'd heard that he also rode Jason's bike at Lapaglia's place.

|

11/11/2009 8:40 PM

Sonny wrote:

Don't you just love M otocross . com . This Chris Worden dork, gets snapshot with Langston on J-Laws bike. Instead of going ...more

What's even a little bit funnier are people who have no idea what they are talking about. Were you there today? Do you know what actually transpired? And god forbid there were any kind of rumors on internet boards, because we know that never happens. And do you honestly think I would let Chris Worden put my logo on one of his photos! Sometimes I don't even want to do it to my own! It's Silly Season Sonny, just relax and have fun with it.

|

11/11/2009 9:01 PM

Sonny wrote:

Don't you just love M otocross . com . This Chris Worden dork, gets snapshot with Langston on J-Laws bike. Instead of going ...more

BrownDogWilson wrote:

What's even a little bit funnier are people who have no idea what they are talking about. Were you there today? Do you know ...more

Nice photo of GL on the 338 BTW BrownDog wink

Hope to see ya at Barona Sat...

|

11/11/2009 9:01 PM

Sonny wrote:

Come on, calling me a dork? That's all you've got?

|

11/11/2009 9:02 PM

Sorry, only got to the main page and saw THAT photo. Your logo isn't shown on the photo there. Hey I said it was a great photo. Now, go back tomorrow and find out whats going on.

|

11/11/2009 9:05 PM

Sonny, you obviously are in 'the know.' You better fill us in!

|

11/11/2009 9:12 PM

Sonny wrote:

Chris Worden wrote:

Dude, this could have been a great story. But whose to know if it's true or if Yamaha had a J-Law bike in hock and GL was suspension testing. Yeah it's all rumor until someone asks. You've got the best URL in the business, no shit.
Not for nothing, GuyB would have gotten audio of an interview and come back with a nice slideshow to go with it.

Dork is a polite word in this forum. Stick around, you'll see it gets better.

|

11/11/2009 9:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2009 9:46 PM

Considering who normally rides that bike and the set-up he runs, Langston looks like a beast on J-Laws bike.

|

11/11/2009 9:14 PM

Chris Worden wrote:

Sonny, you obviously are in 'the know.' You better fill us in!

No, I'm not in the know and none of us are. BECAUSE M OTOCROSS . COM dropped the ball and never got the story.

|

11/11/2009 9:33 PM

Sonny, I wasn't at the track today. I'm going off of the information I've been given. It was either that or run nothing.

You're right, GuyB probably would have done something big, but I'm not GuyB. He's got a lot more years under his journalistic belt than I do and certainly does great work.

|

11/11/2009 9:48 PM

Sonny wrote:

Chris Worden wrote:

STFU noob....sorry couldn't resist. Carry on.

|

11/11/2009 9:54 PM

We packed up this morning and headed out to Corona to see who was out at the test tracks. We met up with a lot of the Star Yamaha guys and there was a surprise rider there. Who, you ask? No other than Jason Lawrence! Ok, OK we are kidding, but Grant Langston was out there putting in a few laps on J-Law's bike. In talking to Langston we discovered he will be riding on J-Law’s team this year. Today was one of the first days for GL back on the SX track; his first time out he looked to be a little rusty, but in his second session he went out and hit all of the triples and whoop sections. We are not 100% sure on what Langston’s roll will be with J-Law Racing; however, we did confirm his plan is to race the 2010 Supercross season! Keep your eyes open for more information on Cool G's return.

thats off panicrev

|

if your reading this you probably think you know everything.

11/12/2009 4:15 AM

GL would have been a good fit for factory suzuki... where does that leave Hamblin?

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

11/12/2009 4:31 AM

I'd hate to see Hammy spend another year on the couch. Somebody somewhere must have something for him. He's too good not to be able to find a ride of some sort.

|

Are we gonna ride or are we gonna mess around all day?

11/12/2009 6:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2009 7:17 AM

EDIT: Just got me thinking, I love Chris Worden's work...especially the hot women shots!
Keep up the good work and welcome to Vital.Smile

|

I don't trust any "Joined Date" later than 2012

11/12/2009 7:13 AM

Highsider wrote:

EDIT: Just got me thinking, I love Chris Worden's work...especially the hot women shots!
Keep up the good work and welcome to ...more

Let's give credit where credit is due, Jim. Chris is cool but the shots are all Brown Dog Wilson's.wink

|

The PD441 of Motodrive

11/12/2009 7:23 AM

Highsider wrote:

Keep up the good work and welcome to ...more

PD441 wrote:

Let's give credit where credit is due, Jim. Chris is cool but the shots are all Brown Dog Wilson's.wink

I should have labeled my post as "OFF TOPIC", because it was just my mind drifting toward the sexy, gorgeous photos Chris takes of his lady friends.

I tried to rewrite it somewhat.

Have a great day, Paul.

|

I don't trust any "Joined Date" later than 2012

11/12/2009 7:26 AM

Based on Langston’s persona, I get the impression that he would have a good influence on J-Law? Clock is ticking and I wish someone could straighten up J-Law before age kills his career as well...

|

11/12/2009 7:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2009 8:06 AM

Sonny wrote:

Chris Worden wrote:

I hate to tell you this, but "dork" is probably all he's got. First, he's from NJ which speaks for itself, and secondly, the average IQ on this board maxes out at about 3. smile smile

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan