Can someone tell me about Fasthouse?

tobz
Edited Date/Time 3/9/2019 8:49am
I'm looking at a new set of gear since my old set of oneal stuff has ripped through both knees from my knee guards.

Not a fan of the messiness that seems to be rife in designs lately, and fasthouse seem to make clean looking gear.

I like the L1 gear, like this

But I can't find anything about them through google. What on earth is Fasthouse? Is it made by another reputable gear company and rebranded?

Can anyone vouch for the wear and tear of the pants? They're priced at the same level as the reputable stuff so you'd want to hope so.

Thanks in advance!
|
tempura
5/10/2017 9:09pm
I've had trouble with knee wear on Fly and Seven pants. They didn't last long at all.
I think these Answer Alpha has some of the best pants for knee wear at the moment, but you may not like the designs...

5/10/2017 9:24pm
I believe they originally were part of Troy Lee but have since moved onto it's own. Other than that all I know is Darryn Durham runs their gear.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
5/10/2017 9:29pm
Core moto group that sells gear that is popular with the SoCal vet crowd.

The Shop

gnarwhip
5/10/2017 9:38pm
Does anyone know if the two stroke race is going down at Glen Helen? Also is Collier racing that or both like two years ago?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
5/10/2017 9:48pm
tobz wrote:
I'm looking at a new set of gear since my old set of oneal stuff has ripped through both knees from my knee guards. Not a...
I'm looking at a new set of gear since my old set of oneal stuff has ripped through both knees from my knee guards.

Not a fan of the messiness that seems to be rife in designs lately, and fasthouse seem to make clean looking gear.

I like the L1 gear, like this

But I can't find anything about them through google. What on earth is Fasthouse? Is it made by another reputable gear company and rebranded?

Can anyone vouch for the wear and tear of the pants? They're priced at the same level as the reputable stuff so you'd want to hope so.

Thanks in advance!
I've been wearing the pants and jerseys for over a year now. Everything is holding up well. They have a stretch pant and a classic more durable pant. I like the speed/style pant more because of the stretch.

Lots of info on their site:
http://thefasthouse.com
nolookpass
5/10/2017 10:46pm
I'm 6'4, 225 and I wear pretty much nothing but FH. Just seems to fit a bit better for taller, bigger guys. I've had my issues with other kits just wasting away or not holding up. FH has held up well; multiple get-offs and washes, etc.

I have both an L1 ($55) and their other type of more expensive jersey ($65) and the only difference is the more expensive one has the lettering more bonded into the jersey vs what just seemed pressed on by a hot iron. I don't know how to explain that, I'm not in the jersey-making business, but if you don't care THAT much about how it feels in your hand, go with the cheaper jersey and "speed style" pant as they have a ton more stretch to them. If you wear knee braces, you'll want that stretch.

This will help you: https://store.thefasthouse.com/pages/gear-sizing-chart

They fit true to size, but I always size up in both pant and jersey bc I workout and have big shoulders/quads.

As much as I know about them, they have some collabs with "Brand X" which is a motorcycle stunt company. I know the guys from the Viewing rock it (met both Darryn and Tyler at Pala before, super cool dudes). I don't work at FH, just giving you info, which could help you make a better decision. I hate trying to buy gear and not have it fit, then going through the process of returning it, etc.
49weasel
5/11/2017 3:20am
It's gear made by douche bags for douche bags...
Motofinne
5/11/2017 3:38am
I have always been a fan of the way Fasthouse jerseys look like! Clean and unique.

But i have to say that i can't agree with your comment that the modern designs are "messy". I feel like we are heading to cleaner designs every year, almost every gear brand has one or two lines of gear that are "clean" with only a few colors and straight lines.

5/11/2017 4:14am
49weasel wrote:
Bummer about your girl leaving you for a rider wearing Fast House gear.
Mx Wildcat
5/11/2017 4:46am
I just got a set of Fasthouse gear. I like it a lot, but only have one ride on it. It fit well, it's light, and breathes good. Getting a set of gear to fit on me isn't always easy. I'm 5'5'' and weightlift so gear is usually snug in the shoulder, chest, back, legs, and glute areas, but the Fasthouse stuff was comfortable. I really like the style because it's more of a retro look and has a cleaner look. Most gear today is just a bit too busy for me. Get a set, you won't be disappointed. CarlinoJoeVideo, I have that exact set and I love that colorway. Looks good with my YZ too.
Mr. Info
5/11/2017 5:15am
Gnarwhip the answer is yes. 250 up race before the 1st National moto.
tobz
5/11/2017 5:16am
Motofinne wrote:
I have always been a fan of the way Fasthouse jerseys look like! Clean and unique. But i have to say that i can't agree with...
I have always been a fan of the way Fasthouse jerseys look like! Clean and unique.

But i have to say that i can't agree with your comment that the modern designs are "messy". I feel like we are heading to cleaner designs every year, almost every gear brand has one or two lines of gear that are "clean" with only a few colors and straight lines.

Your right, Its not as bad. It is getting better than the splatter stage designers went thru 5-10 year ago. But still no where near the golden era of no fear /Thor in 01-03
doghouse
5/11/2017 5:44am
I have had good luck with their gear. I like the look, holds up well.
280driver
5/11/2017 5:45am
I have several Fasthouse jerseys. The quality is top notch.
5/11/2017 5:54am
I think the company is somehow related to the stunt and film group that promotes day in the dirt. Surely someone eventually will chime in that knows the story better than me.

They were a cool group. They helped me stash my bike this past year at DITD when I got a room in a shady hotel.

They clean house at Day in the Dirt though. It's about $40 for a t shirt and they sell them all weekend.
Mini Elsinore
5/11/2017 6:08am
VitalMX paid FH a visit some months back.
Maybe ML or GuyB will do a piece on them.
Cool bunch with quality stuff.
p0wn
5/11/2017 7:01am
The jersey I have was made in America so I presume the rest of their stuff is. That's pretty cool considering they might be the only gear manufacturer that doesn't make their stuff in China. Otherwise the jersey fits well and is going strong a year in.
JayBraap19
5/11/2017 7:09am
I dig fasthouse. My local shop started carrying them in store, and since I don't ride at the moment, I bought a hat. I like their mission statement.
MelonFan123
5/11/2017 9:09am
I think the company is somehow related to the stunt and film group that promotes day in the dirt. Surely someone eventually will chime in that...
I think the company is somehow related to the stunt and film group that promotes day in the dirt. Surely someone eventually will chime in that knows the story better than me.

They were a cool group. They helped me stash my bike this past year at DITD when I got a room in a shady hotel.

They clean house at Day in the Dirt though. It's about $40 for a t shirt and they sell them all weekend.
Fasthouse was started by Kenny Alexander a longtime Hollywood stunt man and stunt coordinator, as well as the man behind the Day in the Dirt GP. They were originally affiliated with TLD as Troy has long been a supporter of the stunt community. About 2 years ago FH went "all in" and separated from TLD, and started doing their own distribution and manufacturing of clothes and moto gear.

They have a cool vibe and definitely a unique approach compared to other moto brands out there.
RandyS
5/11/2017 9:46am
I think the company is somehow related to the stunt and film group that promotes day in the dirt. Surely someone eventually will chime in that...

Fasthouse was started by Kenny Alexander a longtime Hollywood stunt man and stunt coordinator, as well as the man behind the Day in the Dirt GP...
Fasthouse was started by Kenny Alexander a longtime Hollywood stunt man and stunt coordinator, as well as the man behind the Day in the Dirt GP. They were originally affiliated with TLD as Troy has long been a supporter of the stunt community. About 2 years ago FH went "all in" and separated from TLD, and started doing their own distribution and manufacturing of clothes and moto gear.

They have a cool vibe and definitely a unique approach compared to other moto brands out there.
Kenny was also a pretty fast mini rider in the early 70 and is the son of Ernie Alexander who promoted MX races before founding the NBA, the first BMX sanctioning body. Roots run pretty deep there.
BobPA
5/11/2017 9:55am
Fasthouse is cool stuff

Seems to be the set up for all the J-Law wannabes around here
MattyVicious
Fantasy
398th
5/11/2017 9:58am
BobPA wrote:
Fasthouse is cool stuff

Seems to be the set up for all the J-Law wannabes around here
How do you figure?
gnarwhip
5/11/2017 10:02am
Mr. Info wrote:
Gnarwhip the answer is yes. 250 up race before the 1st National moto.
Nice thanks
Flip109
5/11/2017 10:06am
Call me a douche bag j-law wanna be I guess. I don't have any yet but it's on my list! CoolTongue
kkawboy14
5/11/2017 10:08am
49weasel wrote:
Bummer about your girl leaving you for a rider wearing Fast House gear.
Dude, that's funny right there!

Post a reply to: Can someone tell me about Fasthouse?

The Latest