Can someone interview Cole Seely today and ask him how the '17 CRF450 rides?!

Anonymous (not verified)
Seriously. I'd love to hear his opinion.
|
jj welks
8/11/2016 7:07am
If you wanna know how it feels with AA kit and nothing actually stock lol...
kkawboy14
8/11/2016 7:08am
He said "it's really fast, until it slams you down to the ground".....
bayodome
Fantasy
4282nd
8/11/2016 7:58am
Great idea. I've always found that the most honest commentary on bike performance comes from those employed by the brand in question.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/11/2016 8:01am
Anonymous wrote:
I'll give you an idea "It's amazing, and I don't even want to ride my current factory bike anymore. Honda did just that good of a job for the bike I rode for a photoshoot on a blown out Glen Helen. Clearly though, I would've won Glen Helen had I been on this new miracle machine..."

Sarcasm over.. Sorry, had to tease a little...

The Shop

Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
8/11/2016 8:03am
Anonymous wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I'll give you an idea "It's amazing, and I don't even want to ride my current factory bike anymore. Honda did just that good of a...
I'll give you an idea "It's amazing, and I don't even want to ride my current factory bike anymore. Honda did just that good of a job for the bike I rode for a photoshoot on a blown out Glen Helen. Clearly though, I would've won Glen Helen had I been on this new miracle machine..."

LMFAO, BRILLIANT! Thanks for that great start to my morning, ML
mx621
8/11/2016 8:08am
kevin windham said the same thing about the stock 2000 cr250.. said it was beter then his factory 1999 bike
51xc
8/11/2016 8:42am
the guy probably hasn't ridden a stock bike in 10 years or so.
mxb2
8/11/2016 9:08am
He is a Honda employee, what else would he say.
8/11/2016 10:18am
True, but Seeley would have a better opinion on the changes that most anyone, he been on Honda forever and he has already ridden it.

I like Keefer, ML and Stapelton, but their opinion wouldn't carry the same value.

Effective moto journalism could hopefully get some honest feedback. Maybe not. In most other sports, journalist are able to get honest answers, why is moto so scared all of the time? Michael broke the 17 CRF early, you don't think he's capable of getting a factory rider to tell us what he like better about the brands new baby?
8/11/2016 10:32am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2016 10:49am
mxb2 wrote:
"I heard the Japanese first-run units were eating valves like crazy. I sure hope they got that locked in, I think maybe the mapping was just too lean. There were also about 35,000 units that are slated for delivery with improperly sourced waterpump impeller o-ring. Yeah, those are going to go to shit. They might recall it if greater than 5,000 early production units see catostrophic bottom end failure, or just ignore it. I mean, it'll leak right into the crankcase, but we are confident our early adopter customers will follow every technical service bulletin. Besides, they will get that worked out by the time the December models are rolling off the line.

And, oh man, you should hear what they're telling me about the new Ridgeline. What a clusterfuck! Here, let me find my notes..."
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/11/2016 10:39am
MANNERS226 wrote:
True, but Seeley would have a better opinion on the changes that most anyone, he been on Honda forever and he has already ridden it. I...
True, but Seeley would have a better opinion on the changes that most anyone, he been on Honda forever and he has already ridden it.

I like Keefer, ML and Stapelton, but their opinion wouldn't carry the same value.

Effective moto journalism could hopefully get some honest feedback. Maybe not. In most other sports, journalist are able to get honest answers, why is moto so scared all of the time? Michael broke the 17 CRF early, you don't think he's capable of getting a factory rider to tell us what he like better about the brands new baby?
I could easily get them to say what they like better, but getting them to admit what they still aren't satisfied with or maybe what was better about their last bike is a whole different can of worms. That's where myself or say Keefer comes in. We'll give you the negatives, Cole Seely can't and won't.
mxb2
8/11/2016 10:40am
MANNERS226 wrote:
True, but Seeley would have a better opinion on the changes that most anyone, he been on Honda forever and he has already ridden it. I...

ML512 wrote:
I could easily get them to say what they like better, but getting them to admit what they still aren't satisfied with or maybe what was...
I could easily get them to say what they like better, but getting them to admit what they still aren't satisfied with or maybe what was better about their last bike is a whole different can of worms. That's where myself or say Keefer comes in. We'll give you the negatives, Cole Seely can't and won't.
X2,
motomx88
8/11/2016 10:55am
http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/watch-cole-seely-ride-the-2017-crf450-at-glen-helen

I have no idea what he thinks about the bike, but he makes that bike look better than it already does. Honda knows how to build excitement around their brand. It's looking good for them going into 2017. I've never been a Honda fan but im a fan of the riders.
motomx88
8/11/2016 10:58am
mxb2 wrote:
"I heard the Japanese first-run units were eating valves like crazy. I sure hope they got that locked in, I think maybe the mapping was just...
"I heard the Japanese first-run units were eating valves like crazy. I sure hope they got that locked in, I think maybe the mapping was just too lean. There were also about 35,000 units that are slated for delivery with improperly sourced waterpump impeller o-ring. Yeah, those are going to go to shit. They might recall it if greater than 5,000 early production units see catostrophic bottom end failure, or just ignore it. I mean, it'll leak right into the crankcase, but we are confident our early adopter customers will follow every technical service bulletin. Besides, they will get that worked out by the time the December models are rolling off the line.

And, oh man, you should hear what they're telling me about the new Ridgeline. What a clusterfuck! Here, let me find my notes..."
I saw a commercial for the Ridgeline last night. Not a good looking "truck" at all.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/11/2016 11:00am
motomx88 wrote:
[url=http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/watch-cole-seely-ride-the-2017-crf450-at-glen-helen]http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/watch-cole-seely-ride-the-2017-crf450-at-glen-helen[/url] I have no idea what he thinks about the bike, but he makes that bike look better than it already does. Honda knows how to...
http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/watch-cole-seely-ride-the-2017-crf450-at-glen-helen

I have no idea what he thinks about the bike, but he makes that bike look better than it already does. Honda knows how to build excitement around their brand. It's looking good for them going into 2017. I've never been a Honda fan but im a fan of the riders.
That video is on our homepage as well... Just saying..
motomx88
8/11/2016 11:08am
motomx88 wrote:
[url=http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/watch-cole-seely-ride-the-2017-crf450-at-glen-helen]http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/watch-cole-seely-ride-the-2017-crf450-at-glen-helen[/url] I have no idea what he thinks about the bike, but he makes that bike look better than it already does. Honda knows how to...

ML512 wrote:
Haha. Thanks. Just thought a Seely post should have a little Seely.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
8/11/2016 11:09am
ML512 wrote:
I could easily get them to say what they like better, but getting them to admit what they still aren't satisfied with or maybe what was...
I bet we could get Roczen to admit what he doesn't like about the Suzuki... just sayin' Grinning
kkawboy14
8/11/2016 11:12am
Anonymous wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I'll give you an idea "It's amazing, and I don't even want to ride my current factory bike anymore. Honda did just that good of a...

Good job! Smile
8/11/2016 11:54am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2016 11:54am
motomx88 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Vital has the best coverage on this 2017 release by far today.
8/11/2016 12:06pm
ML512 wrote:
mxrose3 wrote:
I bet we could get Roczen to admit what he doesn't like about the Suzuki... just sayin' Grinning
^^^ This. He isn't wrong....
kiwifan
8/11/2016 12:31pm
MANNERS226 wrote:
Vital has the best coverage on this 2017 release by far today.
They have had the best info all year on it....and Manny Smile
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
8/11/2016 12:40pm
mx621 wrote:
kevin windham said the same thing about the stock 2000 cr250.. said it was beter then his factory 1999 bike
That is believable. Stock to stock the 99 is/was a complete shit sandwich.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/11/2016 12:41pm
MANNERS226 wrote:
Not quite, because Roczen was saying he was forced onto those forks, which isn't true... He's raced with spring and could have continued on them, but he picked KYB's PSF1 fork...
8/11/2016 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2016 1:07pm
mx621 wrote:
mx510 wrote:
Not stock to stock. Stock to factory. It's bullshit regardless of the year or bike.

Most all riders can't use stock to full potential. Windham is a different story: a factory bike to tailored to his spec will crush anything else, short of another amazing rider.
kiwifan
8/11/2016 2:03pm
mx621 wrote:
mx510 wrote:
Not stock to stock. Stock to factory. It's bullshit regardless of the year or bike. Most all riders can't use stock to full potential. Windham is...
Not stock to stock. Stock to factory. It's bullshit regardless of the year or bike.

Most all riders can't use stock to full potential. Windham is a different story: a factory bike to tailored to his spec will crush anything else, short of another amazing rider.
x2
8/11/2016 2:51pm
MANNERS226 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Not quite, because Roczen was saying he was forced onto those forks, which isn't true... He's raced with spring and could have continued on them, but...
Not quite, because Roczen was saying he was forced onto those forks, which isn't true... He's raced with spring and could have continued on them, but he picked KYB's PSF1 fork...
You think he will choose to run KYB again next year, even with Honda putting spring Showa on the 17 stock bike?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/11/2016 2:59pm
MANNERS226 wrote:
You think he will choose to run KYB again next year, even with Honda putting spring Showa on the 17 stock bike?
No clue... Ultimately, it'll come down to testing. I do know that Cole, Trey, and Justin currently love working with Johnny from KYB... We'll see how Ken works into it.
Beast666
8/11/2016 3:03pm
"This new CRF is the real deal I cannot wait till I get in the line at the monster cup with it."

Translation.....

This bike is a total roach. I better call up my agent and see if I can get out of my contract.
Adam43
8/11/2016 3:24pm
MANNERS226 wrote:

Total nonsense. Seely doesn't ride stock bikes, or other brands to compare, and is contractually obligated to tell you it's awesome.

Post a reply to: Can someone interview Cole Seely today and ask him how the '17 CRF450 rides?!

The Latest