Can someone explain why Jarek Balkovic was DQ'd?

activeMX
3/8/2013 9:43am
Looks to me like the kid was going for a line that didn't have much of a rut or berm and pushed the front tire a little causing him to stand up a bit and go further outside.

He was going into that turn hot but I don't think it was with the intent to T-bone the other kid.

Looks like part of racing to me.
IceMan446
3/8/2013 10:14am
I guess rubbing ISNT racing.

Good luck in the pro class.
Motoxdoc
3/8/2013 10:37am
It would be interesting to see who is in the minority here......I'm going with that was a bullshit DQ. Let JB be scored!
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
3/8/2013 10:41am
jtomasik wrote:
I'd fine him for having shitty aim that makes him look like he was goon riding. Intentional take outs in the B class? Really? Wow. From...
I'd fine him for having shitty aim that makes him look like he was goon riding.

Intentional take outs in the B class? Really? Wow. From the looks of it, they should be concentrating on practicing their riding skills and not worry about taking that next position.
Concentrat on practicing their riding skills?? Those kids were hauling the mail, I doubt many on here come close to riding that pace.

The Shop

slipdog
3/8/2013 10:49am
Motoxdoc wrote:
It would be interesting to see who is in the minority here......I'm going with that was a bullshit DQ. Let JB be scored!
I'm with you, he may have a history of being dirty, but that time he went for the middle rut too hot and pushed over it, knifed his front wheel, dabbed his foot and shot straight off the track.

But what do I know...
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
3/8/2013 10:52am
Uhhh... I don't usually bother reading Youtube comments, but this one close to the top caught my eye. Where do kids these days come up with this stuff? I think he's watched one too many Saw movies.

" ryan shepford 18 hours ago

Your a fucking idiot. Balkovic didnt even touch him. The only riding you ever do is in your back yard with your peice of shit 110. Your sister brother mother dad and the rest of your family should be raped with a pair of rethal bars and should have their face grided in with a sander. I will leave you alive but only as a quadriplegic to live out your miserable life as a black pathetic faggot.
"
Motoxdoc
3/8/2013 11:06am
shiftmx_22 wrote:
Uhhh... I don't usually bother reading Youtube comments, but this one close to the top caught my eye. Where do kids these days come up with...
Uhhh... I don't usually bother reading Youtube comments, but this one close to the top caught my eye. Where do kids these days come up with this stuff? I think he's watched one too many Saw movies.

Your a fucking idiot. Balkovic didnt even touch him. The only riding you ever do is in your back yard with your peice of shit 110. Your sister brother mother dad and the rest of your family should be raped with a pair of rethal bars and should have their face grided in with a sander. I will leave you alive but only as a quadriplegic to live out your miserable life as a black pathetic faggot.
"
Ryan Shepford SHOULD BE DQ'ed FROM LIFE!
therealjonon
3/8/2013 11:08am
shiftmx_22 wrote:
Uhhh... I don't usually bother reading Youtube comments, but this one close to the top caught my eye. Where do kids these days come up with...

"
jesus, thats brutal!
3/8/2013 11:55am
Just think about this, IF he would have stuck it in that rut and made the corner it would have been 100% clean.
JCollins762
3/8/2013 12:58pm
We'll never be able to tell for sure, but it definitely looks like the kid had his panties in a wad and was going for the kill.

and regardless of his intent, of course he is going to attempt to play it off as an accident since he got DQ'd for it, and that he miserably failed.
flarider
3/8/2013 1:04pm
The kid overcooked it, period.

The best things about these threads is you figure out quickly those who've actually raced and those who haven't
3/8/2013 1:35pm
flarider wrote:

The best things about these threads is you figure out quickly those who've actually raced and those who haven't
X2
TerryK
3/8/2013 2:03pm
flarider wrote:

x100
Mxer15920
5/4/2013 4:36pm
Heard the kid is quite the doucebag and pissed Colleen off. He screwed with her riders and she pulled strings with the race ref to teach him a lesson. All the kids in the video were mtf boys. Ama later reversed the dq but Colleen has her finger on him.
5/4/2013 5:32pm
I thought it was agressive but if he was able to negotiate the turn it would have been a good pass......I do believe it was doable.....not just a blatant takeout....Dave
5/4/2013 6:19pm
Turn: the suz is really slower, the honda attacks the track, loses control, almost make it like a pro but goes straight. It could have been a great agressive pass.

Intention: from the video, can be considered as racing incident based on a pass attempt if explained as above, or can be dirty.

Issue: I think he got DQ after his explanation Wink
5/4/2013 6:36pm
It's pretty clear after watching the clip and listening to the interview with Balkovic at the end that his sole intention was to take out the...
It's pretty clear after watching the clip and listening to the interview with Balkovic at the end that his sole intention was to take out the suzuki guy. Just imagine what would have happened if the suzuki guy hadnt braked. It would have looked something like this...

I cringe every time I see this video, simply brutal..
I cringe every time I see this video, simply brutal..
No comparison.

One is a racing incident on a slow turn, whereas the other video is among the worst crash in MX (I thought this one was fatal). And in the big crash, I cannot believe it is intentional too, I think it is more a throttle issue / panic / total loss of control. (Coming from a jump then a straight lane, he is not seeing the other racing lane)
lumpy790
5/5/2013 8:24am
check out how early he set this up.....changed his direction coming down the hill and never let off.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/5/2013 10:31am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2013 10:37am
DQ'd for that?

Wow. They didn't even hit.

Sick

I remember MANY amateur racing moments like this growing up. Most ended up in a tangle on the ground. Big amateur races usually end up being 4 laps long, 10 minute sprints and this stuff happens. I see nothing wrong with what happened. He came in hot, and messed the turn up, never hit the kid and the kid fell over.

Didn't know you could be DQ'q for a mistake and scaring someone.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/5/2013 10:47am
Madmax31 wrote:
The intent was there. Good for DQing his a$$.
you can be Dq'd for intent?

Learn something new on Vital everyday!
TerryK
5/5/2013 11:10am
Mxer15920 wrote:
Heard the kid is quite the doucebag and pissed Colleen off. He screwed with her riders and she pulled strings with the race ref to teach...
Heard the kid is quite the doucebag and pissed Colleen off. He screwed with her riders and she pulled strings with the race ref to teach him a lesson. All the kids in the video were mtf boys. Ama later reversed the dq but Colleen has her finger on him.
And you know this as fact? Strong words for something that you can't back up.
gyd58
5/5/2013 2:14pm
The AMA has officially overturned the DQ and I can’t imagine the video not being the primary evidence they considered. If this kid is as bad as some make him out to be why would the AMA select him for the second year in a row to represent the United States in Jr Motocross World Championship? The following is a quote from the AMA letter to the selected riders:

"Congratulations, you have been selected by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) to represent the United States at the 2013 “Jr Motocross World Championship” also referred to as the “Jr Motocross of Nations” to be held in the Czech Republic. You are one of a selected group of young riders presented with this opportunity because you have earned it both on and off the track."
Jakes Dad
5/5/2013 4:52pm
I guess we'll see soon enough if the crafty frenchman has changed his ways or not. He's been down here for the past few months training there at CP377.

Post a reply to: Can someone explain why Jarek Balkovic was DQ'd?

The Latest