Can Stewart Stop Crashing?

Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
2/5/2012 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2012 1:03pm
I used to like it when he crashed just for the fact that it made the races unpredictable and exciting or others a chance to win BUT enough is enough! He needs to string together races without crashing.

He has crashed in 4 out of 5 races.

What's the deal?
|
josh8811
2/5/2012 7:43pm
Are you new to this sport?
Smitch
2/5/2012 7:54pm
True. 3/5.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
2/5/2012 8:01pm
josh8811 wrote:
Are you new to this sport?
Not new dude, just saying that he needs to start putting a night together without unloading.

His past track record is not good. The other riders are banking on him crashing and losing a lot of points and now they have caught him in speed too.

The Shop

dirtnapper
2/5/2012 8:52pm
News flash.

None of 'em can "stop crashing"
Some crash WAAAAAY less than others.

KDub and Dungey for example......................
peelout
2/5/2012 9:16pm
bout as likely as Obama not fucking up 'Merica
ky_savage
Fantasy
581st
2/5/2012 10:06pm
peelout wrote:
Merica has been F'd up long before Obama came to office.
peelout
2/5/2012 10:07pm
peelout wrote:
ky_savage wrote:
Merica has been F'd up long before Obama came to office.
i don't dispute that
2/5/2012 10:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2012 10:18pm
News flash.

dirtnapper wrote:

Some win waaaay less than others too.

Not sure what side you wanna play but i'm a fan of all three.....message board haters johnny come latelies from the mathes media nation, Not so much.

Fucking dirtnapper, sounds like crashing is glamorized but what the fuck would i know.
2/5/2012 11:11pm
News flash.

dirtnapper wrote:

yea, i guess james could just cruise around too and not crash.

instead he likes to win....................................
gt80rider
2/6/2012 12:26am

so you are saying crashing and going fast enough to win go hand in hand??

amazing how fast people forget about MC..... 1-2 seconds faster than anyone else on the track AND rarely crashed....
Motodude
2/6/2012 12:58am
I dunno, RV looks to be on the edge more now days. Keep an eye on him wadding up too.
2/6/2012 1:22am
News flash.

dirtnapper wrote:

dungeys won as many races as james this year so far! and is infront of him in the championship...
2/6/2012 5:43am

gt80rider wrote:
so you are saying crashing and going fast enough to win go hand in hand?? amazing how fast people forget about MC..... 1-2 seconds faster than...

amazing how fast people forget about MC..... 1-2 seconds faster than anyone else on the track AND rarely crashed....
lol. when your 8 you dont really care about MC's lap times. all you know is hes winning! Wink
2/6/2012 5:45am
dirtnapper wrote:

dungeys won as many races as james this year so far! and is infront of him in the championship...
im talking about in general. seems like he would rather go that extra notch for the win, if need be.
and i feel liike kdub holds back because he would rather take 4th instead of going on that edge to get 3rd.
but your right. touche
RudyRayMo
2/6/2012 6:14am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2012 6:15am
peelout wrote:
i don't dispute that
GotDam Bush
Mr. G
2/6/2012 6:15am
Two guys have always made me nervous watching them race, namely James and RC. Back when MC was the King he would ride fast for two laps and then put it on cruise control. James and RC always seemed to keep pushing it, maybe in an effort to keep on getting faster and faster regardless of position? RC did seem to "grow" out of his crashing ways as time passed but remember when he was a rookie? He crashed a lot.
Now with James one can find themselves on the edge of their seat for the duration. It is both exciting, tiring and scary. Maybe that is the price for trying things out of the norm? Hard to say I never made it to that level........
SlowMoFo
2/6/2012 7:11am
News flash.

dirtnapper wrote:

Yeah, but I bet they are not pushing as hard as the others, hell, KW has said it that he rides conservately nowdays!
slowvet
2/6/2012 7:52am
dirtnapper wrote:

KDub has two speeds, if you don't like this one you damn sure aren't going to like the other one.
RaceFace
2/6/2012 8:08am

gt80rider wrote:
so you are saying crashing and going fast enough to win go hand in hand?? amazing how fast people forget about MC..... 1-2 seconds faster than...

Yeah, no, you're right. You don't have to crash to win, but your speed has to be at a point where you can win while riding in your comfort zone. Some guys ride over their head to get the extra speed to be able to win, while others have to ride over their head to try to go top 10 speed. Some guys (MC, RJ, Ward, Bailey) were not known as "crashers" yet won many times. RC was a crasher early on because he was riding over his head in SX. Outdoors he had a lot of close calls but rarely went down in spectacular bike flipping crashes. If James needs to ride over his head to try to win then he will continue to crash. RV was faster Saturday without any risky wheel-tap moves or other high risk lines. I don't recall James crashing at all in his 24-0 outdoor season, although he might have had a tip over or two. He didn't have to hang it out to smoke everyone that year. When RJ was on top of his game he said for most of each race he was going at 95% which means crashing will be wayyy down.
bangmyhead
2/6/2012 8:22am
Motodude wrote:
I dunno, RV looks to be on the edge more now days. Keep an eye on him wadding up too.
hahaha
2/6/2012 8:48am
IMO to run in the top 3 or 4 in a supercross main, where there wasn't some pileup at the start that gives one rider a huge lead, they have to run very close to the edge. If you look at this weekends race, there were a few sections on that track where the top guys were very sketchy each lap. At that level, a bit of wheel spin or a slightly wrong weight shift and they are in trouble. It seems to me some people are under-estimating what it takes to run that kinda speed on these tracks this year.
pilotdude
2/6/2012 9:09am
News flash.

dirtnapper wrote:

Windham looked like he was in trail riding mode behind Milsaps.
jtomasik
2/6/2012 9:21am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2012 9:21am
I dunno, but I hope he does. That last one that broke his rib (at least that's what he said might've happened) hurt me. I'm really worried he's getting multiple concussions, and that's good for no one. Here's to hoping James keeps it upright (as with all the other racers).
RACERX69
2/6/2012 9:22am
gt80rider wrote:

What's truly amazing about MC is that he never missed a SX Main the entire time he raced 250cc SX. He always lined up. Guess that's why he has 7 SX titles and 72 wins. The guy was an incredible talent.
karnivool
2/6/2012 9:32am
News flash.

dirtnapper wrote:

and look where they finish most nights...

crashing is the risk you take, stewart rides a line others are unwilling to ride...

rv is willing to and believe it or not he has crashed 2 out of 5 mains
js 3 out of 5...

rv has a fairly significant crashing history as well...
karnivool
2/6/2012 9:39am
gt80rider wrote:

RACERX69 wrote:
What's truly amazing about MC is that he never missed a SX Main the entire time he raced 250cc SX. He always lined up. Guess that's...
What's truly amazing about MC is that he never missed a SX Main the entire time he raced 250cc SX. He always lined up. Guess that's why he has 7 SX titles and 72 wins. The guy was an incredible talent.
uh, the sport was very different back then...the playing field is a lot more level as some of the advantages have been taken away. The training, mental preparation, youth programs, and bike development have leveled it out.

The kids showign up on the scene are prepared to go faster than they were before.

McGrath benefited from being involved in the sport when they still hung out more than they prepared...
bangmyhead
2/6/2012 12:56pm
jtomasik wrote:
I dunno, but I hope he does. That last one that broke his rib (at least that's what he said might've happened) hurt me. I'm really...
I dunno, but I hope he does. That last one that broke his rib (at least that's what he said might've happened) hurt me. I'm really worried he's getting multiple concussions, and that's good for no one. Here's to hoping James keeps it upright (as with all the other racers).
Much agreed, i hope all the guys stay safe

Sitting on the couch broken is no fun

Post a reply to: Can Stewart Stop Crashing?

The Latest