Can Jason do it ?

1/14/2018 12:50am
In my eyes, this is THE question after this night of racing.

Tomac's out, Musquin's out. The path to this title is open for Jason. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of racing left, I know that. But Jason has the advantage right now, so the big question is, can he keep it on his side ?

What he needs to do now is get away. Gain as many points as possible before Roczen can go 20 min + 1 lap full speed (if he can do that again btw) and before Marvin and / or Eli makes a big come back.

Will he be mentally strong enough to hold that new color on his front plate ?

We'll get the answer soon enough.
|
andyman
1/14/2018 12:59am
I just hope it stays like this and goes to Vegas. Happy to see Kenny there, but also happy that he is not 100% yet. Makes better racing.
struth
1/14/2018 1:04am
andyman wrote:
I just hope it stays like this and goes to Vegas. Happy to see Kenny there, but also happy that he is not 100% yet. Makes...
I just hope it stays like this and goes to Vegas. Happy to see Kenny there, but also happy that he is not 100% yet. Makes better racing.
Who knows if Kenny will be ever 100%
Wide open ,barcia,,Kenny ,Anderson,all still have good shot....
motox11
1/14/2018 1:10am
It's going to come down to who has the "best" worst night. I think that's been very clear so far. I think Barcia can bring it home if he brings this podium threat and good starts to every round. No doubt Anderson has the outright speed. Lastly, Roczen is very safe and conservative than ever before so I expect him to finish every round in a decent spot. This could be exciting. COULD be.
1/14/2018 1:16am
I'm an Eli fan all day and like Anderson a lot, but he needs to get as many points as possible while Kenny is working back into shape. I was one of the people who thought Kenny would never be right again, but a close second tonight after a 4th a week ago, it will be scary how he looks halfway through the series.

The Shop

PJRAUS
1/14/2018 1:34am
Just looking at how it all stacks up...Anderson is my pick, he's riding great and he might be all set to play it out like Dungey did, speed, consistent podiums, cut the crashing by settling for that second place if the win is too much risk...
That approach sure worked for Dungey....just a very smart rider as well as fast..
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
1/14/2018 1:58am
I'm an Eli fan all day and like Anderson a lot, but he needs to get as many points as possible while Kenny is working back...
I'm an Eli fan all day and like Anderson a lot, but he needs to get as many points as possible while Kenny is working back into shape. I was one of the people who thought Kenny would never be right again, but a close second tonight after a 4th a week ago, it will be scary how he looks halfway through the series.
I dont think is a question of shape for Kenny. His arm will never be the same again so Roczen will never be the same as before his crash.

He is smart, he will agree to finish 4/3 sometimes and get the tittle with a "Dungey" Style. Minimizing risks that's the key. It would be the right call in my opinion.
Lucifa.
1/14/2018 2:09am
Tonight was Kenny at 80% best. He backed that sucker down when Anderson blew past him. End game.
kongols
1/14/2018 2:17am
He can, but we`ll see, will he.
Crush
1/14/2018 2:41am
He definitely can. I think he will.
daemon616
1/14/2018 2:50am
I picked Moooose can but damn it's anyone's title at this point. What a crazy season already
ledger
1/14/2018 4:21am
Anderson seems to have matured quite a bit, and appears calm. Looks like the new Husky is working well for his style. He can win this championship, but then again, Roczen could too if he can keep his momentum up.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
1/14/2018 4:29am
Musquin is out? He had one dnf but he will probably line up next week right? I wouldn't count him out yet

OFWGKTA
1/14/2018 4:32am
motox11 wrote:
It's going to come down to who has the "best" worst night. I think that's been very clear so far. I think Barcia can bring it...
It's going to come down to who has the "best" worst night. I think that's been very clear so far. I think Barcia can bring it home if he brings this podium threat and good starts to every round. No doubt Anderson has the outright speed. Lastly, Roczen is very safe and conservative than ever before so I expect him to finish every round in a decent spot. This could be exciting. COULD be.
Fully agree, without dungey in the field the consistancy is gone. So it will come to the guy who has the "best" worst night. We know with facts that Jason and Kenny can crash hard any time and miss race too. So we will see but i do think Roczen has learned from his injury and will be more consistent this season
ATKpilot99
1/14/2018 4:50am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2018 5:21am
Lucifa. wrote:
Tonight was Kenny at 80% best. He backed that sucker down when Anderson blew past him. End game.
80% of where he was before his injury yes. As has already been said he may never get back to where he was . I think he will get some wins but the days of him laying 30 seconds on the field may be over. Time will tell. I'm interested to see how he'll look outdoors . Longer tougher races but not the same timing and precision . He may be ready to dominate again there. To answer the op's question for sure Jason has the speed the question is can he eliminate the problems and mistakes that have always been there for him. I'm going to be optimistic and say yes. I hope so at least.
davistld01
1/14/2018 6:56am
Just as Ryan Dungey was almost mentally undone by having to perpetually play second-fiddle to RV2 for so long, I imagine Jason Anderson has felt the same being able to win the odd overall, but never being able to put a championship season together. I’m a Musquin fan, but I’d really love to see this be Jason’s year. He’s worked hard, he deserves it.
BobbyM
1/14/2018 7:00am
In my eyes, this is THE question after this night of racing. Tomac's out, Musquin's out. The path to this title is open for Jason. Don't...

Tomac's out, Musquin's out. The path to this title is open for Jason. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of racing left, I know that. But Jason has the advantage right now, so the big question is, can he keep it on his side ?

What he needs to do now is get away. Gain as many points as possible before Roczen can go 20 min + 1 lap full speed (if he can do that again btw) and before Marvin and / or Eli makes a big come back.

Yes he WILL do it. Regardless of these injuries he was gonna do it anyways.
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
1/14/2018 7:01am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
80% of where he was before his injury yes. As has already been said he may never get back to where he was . I think...
80% of where he was before his injury yes. As has already been said he may never get back to where he was . I think he will get some wins but the days of him laying 30 seconds on the field may be over. Time will tell. I'm interested to see how he'll look outdoors . Longer tougher races but not the same timing and precision . He may be ready to dominate again there. To answer the op's question for sure Jason has the speed the question is can he eliminate the problems and mistakes that have always been there for him. I'm going to be optimistic and say yes. I hope so at least.
Same.
1/14/2018 7:15am
Jason certainly can from here but history shows for him that he will have one or 2 crashes that might cost him, I don't wish that on no body.

Roczen is gaining speed and confidence so he needs to minimize mistakes, not saying Roczen is exempt from mistakes he's far more calculated which will keep him upright.
71Fish
1/14/2018 7:19am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2018 7:20am
Will there be an "*" by his name like the RV2 fanboys put next to RD5's championships?
BobKerr
1/14/2018 7:20am
Anderson can absolutely win this title! I think he is going to do.
rhargrave431
1/14/2018 7:33am
I think all of them are realizing that consistency wins titles. If the race isn't there, don't force the issue. Kenny was on top of the works for two races last year, and it all came crashing down when he was racing to the front. I think he was in 4th?? Settling for 4th that night, may of won him a title. That said, Barcia has proven to be a momentum rider, he rips off a win, he could easily back it up. Anderson has been fastest through 2, let's just see who has the best bad race.
Ted722
1/14/2018 7:39am
Amazing. 45 minutes of racing (last 2 mains) ago to now. Anything and everything is still possible. Sport's a fickle mistress sometimes and the fat lady singer is still on the toilet. Can Jason do it? Heck ya, but believe what Ken and Justin are doing too. The Big 3 redefined.
toroP
1/14/2018 7:45am
In my eyes, this is THE question after this night of racing. Tomac's out, Musquin's out. The path to this title is open for Jason. Don't...

Can Jason do it?

It’s not about potential. Before A1, not many(if any) said Tomac CAN’T when the title. After A1, same with MM. 2017 when KR crashed out, does that mean he didn’t have the potential?

All the speculation goes out the window when reports come in about a practice injury or something.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
1/14/2018 7:46am
Lucifa. wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
80% of where he was before his injury yes. As has already been said he may never get back to where he was . I think...
To be fair Kenny rode a lot more controlled than Barcia and Anderson. He didn't risk everything, Anderson was jumping stuff that Kenny didn't.
Last week he didn't wheelie over the small double where Wilson crashed. You could see it in his heat race, every time Musquin caught him.

He probably learned from the last years and is taking it a little more easy. I'm pretty sure he can go considerably faster if he goes all in (could he have beat Anderson last night? I don't know)
slipdog
1/14/2018 8:25am
Good thing Ando dumped that trainer that was holding him back.
1/14/2018 9:06am
Let’s be honest, none of us trust that Ando can keep it together. But we all agree he’s got the best shot he’ll ever have.

Barcia is no different. None of us really trust h can keep it together the whole year right? But he is riding fantastic. He rode thru what looked like some setup issues last night to a fantastic finish.

Roczen... what you’re seeing is what you’re gonna get. This is who he is now. The question really is, how long can he handle being 75% of his former self. Heck, he coupd limp this to a title if Barcia & Ando falter.

Moose & Eli... I expect them to come back and win races. Lots of them. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is a 5 way battle going into Vegas.

(Bubba has to be kicking himself right now).
1/14/2018 9:21am
Let’s be honest, none of us trust that Ando can keep it together. But we all agree he’s got the best shot he’ll ever have. Barcia...
Let’s be honest, none of us trust that Ando can keep it together. But we all agree he’s got the best shot he’ll ever have.

Barcia is no different. None of us really trust h can keep it together the whole year right? But he is riding fantastic. He rode thru what looked like some setup issues last night to a fantastic finish.

Roczen... what you’re seeing is what you’re gonna get. This is who he is now. The question really is, how long can he handle being 75% of his former self. Heck, he coupd limp this to a title if Barcia & Ando falter.

Moose & Eli... I expect them to come back and win races. Lots of them. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is a 5 way battle going into Vegas.

lol Roczen what you see what you get? he has improved from last week in terms of speed.

I agree with the rest.
mmcmx
Let’s be honest, none of us trust that Ando can keep it together. But we all agree he’s got the best shot he’ll ever have. Barcia...

Man, I hope you are not right about Kenny. I hope he gets back to 100% by 2019, but for this year, yeah, he needs to go for the consistency.
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
If the "big name" guys stay inconsistent can WP34 5th place his way into a title ? Blink
Mit12
1/14/2018 9:22am
I have been saying it since Dungey retired, this championship is going to be wide open. Roczen, Anderson, Tomac, Marvin and Barcia are all not known for consistency in SX.

Post a reply to: Can Jason do it ?

The Latest