Can Gajser do it ?

kiwifan
3/4/2019 3:49pm
Motofinne wrote:
He is still crashing. The one in the qualifying race could've ended his season and it wont be the last big one for him.
That right there. Gajser's issue has always been race craft, not speed, and he's famous for crashing out of the lead. That high-sider Saturday was a...
That right there. Gajser's issue has always been race craft, not speed, and he's famous for crashing out of the lead. That high-sider Saturday was a career microcosm (and I agree — it could have wrecked his season).
The level they all ride at yes there is a high risk of crashing, and getting injured (e.g. Febrve, Herlings, etc)
3/5/2019 1:37am
By the way Cairoli also had a big save after the finish line in moto 2. Crash can happen to anyone.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
3/5/2019 7:32am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2019 7:33am
Park Boys wrote:
On Harpack tracks, yes. Gajser was looking like his pre injury 2017 self. Gajser was looking frisky and using a lot of track and at times...
On Harpack tracks, yes. Gajser was looking like his pre injury 2017 self. Gajser was looking frisky and using a lot of track and at times was scrubing off of jumps much quicker than everyone else. The GPs seem to be getting softer every year and losing the rock hard tracks where Gajser, Febvre and DeSalle excell.

DeSalle outside of 2011 has never been a big threat just the closest to AC and Paulin is way off of AC in a champinship. Always has been.
RG1 wrote:
2015 he was a genuine threat. He had the points lead when he got injured
True, but 2015 was also the first of Toni’s “lost” seasons to injuries which all started with team Italy forfeiting an easy 1-1 at 2014 MxDN if AC is on a 350. Instead they put the man on a 250 and maybe he still wins but he crashes out in the whoops and blows his knee out. That started which I thought was going to be the slow long painful downfall of his career. He proved everyone wrong in 2017 and on. The reason I bring that up is 2015 AC was far from his peak. When he is on the level he is on now, DeSalle is not a a title threat. AC is a smart title racer he is not gonna try and win every race like a Herlings so DeSalle May get some wins depending on when Herlings gets back. But as far as being a title threat to a “healthy” AC? He never has been IMO. Like a Windham to RC.

The Shop

Big E
3/6/2019 7:42am
One race in and the championship is called. This has to be a new record.
Alucard
3/6/2019 10:55am
Only if Cairoli hurts himself and goes in a slump... Currently only Herlings can beat a healthy Cairoli, no one else in my opinion...

And even on hard-packed tracks Cairoli has been dominant in recent years, so i don't see Gajser having an advantage there either...

Cairoli is also focused on gaining lots of points now to have a cushion in case Herlings comes back sooner than expected and he's able to win races from the go, so 222 is probably going to try to win all the motos he can...

Post a reply to: Can Gajser do it ?

The Latest