Can Cooper repeat?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/25/2019 4:04 PM

Personally I just don't think so. I think it's time for Eli or Ken to step up this year. What do you think?

Can Cooper repeat?

View Results

|

12/25/2019 4:15 PM

I think Cooper can do it.

I don't think Eli or Ken will win the 2020 SX title.

|

12/25/2019 4:22 PM

Can he? Absolutely
Will he? I don’t think so this year

|

12/25/2019 4:22 PM

The difference between 'can' and 'will' is quite the stretch.

|

12/25/2019 4:40 PM

Can? Yes.

Will? No.

I think Kenny is almost back to good health, if not to the height of his powers, Eli, and I have a sneaky feeling AC is going to throw a major wrench into the works in this Championship, whether he wins it or not is anyone's guess... but he will be a factor.

|

12/25/2019 4:51 PM

I hope ac wins just to surprise everyone. ....

|

12/25/2019 4:53 PM

My money is on Eli. Hoping it all comes together for him this year.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

12/25/2019 6:48 PM

My money is either with Eli or Anderson taking the title, with Webb really close to it. I don't see Ken being a factor in the second half of the series.

|

12/25/2019 7:41 PM

Anderson FTW. Screenshot it.

|

12/25/2019 7:46 PM

be tough to beat orange or white nowadays. they have 5 guys in the top 10, that can win or block.

|

12/25/2019 7:48 PM

FerCzD wrote:

My money is either with Eli or Anderson taking the title, with Webb really close to it. I don't see Ken being a factor in the second half of the series.

Anderson got very lucky... His championship was this generation's Emig '97 championship, let's be honest.

|

12/25/2019 8:31 PM

Of course he can. As we all know, if you can win one championship, you can win again. A more appropriate question would be, do you think he will repeat. I don't think so...but I thought Eli would win the last 3 years in a row sooo...

|

12/25/2019 10:01 PM

Same thing every year, Tomac is the fastest, if he stays consistent this year he will win.
I gotta feeling it will all come together for him and he will get the championship. Coop should be in the top 3.

|

12/25/2019 11:24 PM

Absolutely he could. He won by starting up front damn near every round and making very few mistakes. The other top guys took half the series to get going for various reasons. I also think, and it's opinion, that there were a whole lot of hard to pass follow the leader type tracks and very few tracks with whoops that weren't shitty jumpers. A lot of factors played into it that easily could again.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

12/26/2019 1:50 AM

I think AC is going to be better than we expect- just enough to put pressure on Eli and ruin his head.

He'll also be brash & energetic and may make some moves which Eli won't appreciate, such as Tough passes, 'not letting him through' etc etc..
Leaving Kenny or Coop to take home the championship. Expect a team Kawi team mate fall-out.

|

12/26/2019 1:53 AM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

I think AC is going to be better than we expect- just enough to put pressure on Eli and ruin his head.

He'll also be brash & energetic and may make some moves which Eli won't appreciate, such as Tough passes, 'not letting him through' etc etc..
Leaving Kenny or Coop to take home the championship. Expect a team Kawi team mate fall-out.

'MXB2' will jump on my comment to mock my opinion in 3...2....1....

|

12/26/2019 2:25 AM

Ofcourse he can.

He got great starts last year, if he can keep that up for another 17 rounds he will be pretty close

|

12/26/2019 3:54 AM

Can he? Of course.

With tomac roczen osborne and ac its a very tall order.

|

12/26/2019 4:09 AM

Absolutely can, his Championship last year wasn’t a fluke, he straight up beat the field race after race. If I were making bets, my money would be on Webb

|

12/26/2019 5:01 AM

Of course he can, his entire career he has done what people said he couldn't. From winning on the under powered 150 to title after title...

He is now on the biggest stage in our sport, so of course the competition goes to the max but he has just as good a shot as any... How many championships has his team won?

I think we are on course for an epic year of SX, Webb, Tomac, Roczen, Anderson, all have a great shot at it IMO....

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/

12/26/2019 5:03 AM

According to the results a majority of vital members dont understand the implications of "can" in the poll.

|

12/26/2019 5:36 AM

Webb and Osborne are very similar in that they are both so damn gritty they ride BETTER under extreme pressure. That, to me, will make it hard for someone like Eli (who most certainly doesn't), AC (who hasn't, so far) or even Kenny (who also hasn't, so far), to not make that telltale crucial mistake as the series matures, the nerves get raw, and the pressure rises to a boil. My heart is with Ken, man-oh-man I hope he wins it, but if I were a betting man, I'd put equal money on the twin grit-meisters: Osborne and Webb.

|

12/26/2019 5:40 AM

Can he? Yes...

Will he? No...

I like Eli's chances this year and I think Osborne is going to surprise. A lot like Cooper did last year, Zach is going to start near the front each week and score points.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

12/26/2019 7:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2019 7:25 AM

VetMX.com wrote:

Anderson FTW. Screenshot it.

Forgot I had that actually. I'll always root for Anderson. But, I'm hoping Eli finally seals the deal this year.

Not sure what you want to screenshot. You can root for more than one guy, dummy.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

12/26/2019 7:51 AM

Yes he can!

|

12/26/2019 8:05 AM

He can, but I sure as fuck hope not.

|

12/26/2019 8:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2019 8:13 AM

Yes he will

The path for anyone else winning: Sweep first 3 rounds, minimum 2/3 and also win personal battles on track with him. If Tomac sweeps 3 and Cooper is on podium I’ll still take him over Tomac. What this comes down to is outsmarting him, which nobody else did for 17 races. His racecraft was head and shoulders above everyone. Give him any bit of confidence in first 3 it’s over.

Tomac gonna Tomac.

Adam is going to make it interesting.

He has everyone else covered on enough tracks over the year to win the title.

Anyone finds betting lines post them up, a long with your address and name to me in a DM because you're probably on a different continent.

|

12/26/2019 8:17 AM

This is the year that determines if Webb is legit at the highest level or not.

He has a LOT of prove. Outdoor season was not great, and being a mental rider, it is super easy for someone to get under that skin of his and instantly ruin any confidence he has built up.

That and... he laid up the first couple years in the 450 class, he may just slacker it up this year now that the bank account is getting full...

He talks like he is the man, but rarely is......

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

12/26/2019 8:38 AM

kb228 wrote:

Can he? Of course.

With tomac roczen osborne and ac its a very tall order.

Decoster said on DMXS that he doesn't think Osborne can win the championship.

|

12/26/2019 9:20 AM

Cooper can do it, for sure. the real question is "will he or won't he?" I have a feeling this year will be more about whether Eli continues to self-destruct or not. If the #3 can ride a consistent season, he's the champ.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.