Can Barcia stay focused and go

JHForman
1/18/2021 1:39am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2021 1:40am
Roczen is looking phenomenal. Barcia? Give us a break. When he gets a bad start he does not have the discipline to pass clean. He starts...
Roczen is looking phenomenal. Barcia? Give us a break. When he gets a bad start he does not have the discipline to pass clean. He starts slamming people...and about one time in five that ends up costing him. It is just math. The "riskiness" of Barcia's approach kills him over the course of a season. To win a championship, you have to have a mindset that Barcia has not demonstrated.
Roczen looks phenomenal but the dude that handled him not so much? Just stop
Did you read what I said? Barcia looked phenomenal too. But....me writing him off is because of his long term approach. When Barcia does not get...
Did you read what I said? Barcia looked phenomenal too. But....me writing him off is because of his long term approach.

When Barcia does not get a start, and has to pass people, he resorts to block passes and contact...and over the course of a season...that costs you. It is just the law of probabilities. How many times have we seen championship contenders buried deep in the field work their way to a podium without ever using a block pass and getting into someone. Tons of times. Because real contenders know you can not take that risk. It WILL catch up with you. How many times have you seen Barcia do that? NEVER.

It is not about speed, it is about the long view. Barcia has never shown he can take that view. As soon as I see Barcia get a P13 start...and ride up to a P2 finish, without using a single block pass...THEN he will be a contender.

I guess youre forgetting about his 18th place start to 4th place finish at tampa 2020?
teamddr
1/18/2021 5:34am
He was better than Webb when both on a Yamaha, now heโ€™s gone Austrian definitely โ€œYESโ€
motomike137
1/18/2021 10:05am
Justin has persevered through some tough times and here he is looking every bit the guy we always thought he could be once again. He is now with an organization that has all the components for him to break out and challenge for this title. Just look at what Webb did. Justin may not win this thing but I think he is going to be much more consistent and a factor all season.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Can Barcia stay focused and go

The Latest