Can Barcia stay focused and go

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2021 9:17 AM

Undefeated? 👍😁

|

1/17/2021 9:25 AM

Yes

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

1/17/2021 9:28 AM

No. Finish top three overall ? No again

|

1/17/2021 9:28 AM

I think Barcia's thing with the first round is that these last three years he's gotten great starts and the tracks have been relatively simple. Usually, week-in and week-out he can't produce like that every time. Roczen was the fastest man last night, but Barcia was better than everyone else. It'll be interesting to see if he can sustain that speed.

|

1/17/2021 9:29 AM

Depends on which strain you send him.

|

1/17/2021 9:32 AM

Well he is the only one in the 450 class that has a shot at it. cool

|

Ed Johnson

1/17/2021 10:06 AM

No, but I think he is going to have a great year.

|

1/17/2021 10:20 AM

I just wanna see what the gg looks like with red number plates.

|





1/17/2021 11:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2021 11:11 AM

He just needs to keep viewing the folks over at Racer X and their picks. LOL...talk about egg on their faces!! Most of them didn't even LIST Barcia in their picks. Yeah...thats in picks in lists of 22!!

https://racerxonline.com/2021/01/16/the-list-our-main-event-picks



|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in the 80's.

1/17/2021 11:22 AM

Seeing him steadier than usual sure would make things interesting.

|

1/17/2021 11:25 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

He just needs to keep viewing the folks over at Racer X and their picks. LOL...talk about egg on their faces!! Most of them didn't even LIST Barcia in their picks. Yeah...thats in picks in lists of 22!!

https://racerxonline.com/2021/01/16/the-list-our-main-event-picks



Cause Barca is an unknown who came out of nowhere to win .

|

1/17/2021 11:32 AM

Red plate is gonna look sweet on the GasGas cool

|

1/17/2021 11:33 AM

He looks smooth and in control for Barcia that is. Noticed a couple of moments through the main especially when Ken was behind them where the chassis of the suspension did something he wasn't expecting but even so overall for a first race on that bike look better than most of his rides the last 4 or 5 years.

|

1/17/2021 11:33 AM

I begged, I pleaded but the Glass Ball is adamant and will answer the Vitards question in two months time...

Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/17/2021 11:51 AM

MyBobbym wrote:

Undefeated? 👍😁

I musta missed something...where did your name and logo come from? What happened to that peg legged cumchuggler?

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

1/17/2021 12:32 PM

The beautiful thing is they race again in a few short days and no one can really make a ton of changes without taking a guess at it. Justin knows his stuff is working really well and can take that piece of confidence into round 2. I can't wait!

|

1/17/2021 12:39 PM

This may be his best, and last, shot at a national championship..... hope he takes advantage of it... but mostly I expect him to go back to his normal 7-12th place finishes the rest of the season...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

1/17/2021 12:40 PM

Jardo wrote:

I just wanna see what the gg looks like with red number plates.

The bike looks great already, red plate with redbull logos wow

|

1/17/2021 12:42 PM

While we know the question is a joke, I think it's fair to say that we just might have a more competitive Barcia this year.

I think EVERYONE will have a few 7-12 finishes this year.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

1/17/2021 12:56 PM

He's won races and of course the opener before but imo that was the best he's ever looked, certainly a match for his previous best.

How that will translate across the series, different tracks etc, of course no one can really know at the moment, and obviously other guys are going to factor in - certainly he and Roczen were the guys that really looked to mean business last night though (Marvin and Zach too but for different reasons). I think there was something in Justin last night that hasn't really been there in some time and I'm instinctively leaning toward him going the whole way this time - not as eventual champion imo (though he might), but certainly as a continual points threat to the latter half of the series, if not the last rd.

|

1/17/2021 1:20 PM

MyBobbym wrote:

Undefeated? 👍😁

Nope

|

1/17/2021 2:26 PM

MyBobbym wrote:

Undefeated? 👍😁

plowboy wrote:

I musta missed something...where did your name and logo come from? What happened to that peg legged cumchuggler?

I'm still the peg leg cumchuggling mouthbreather

|

1/17/2021 2:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2021 2:40 PM

ZOBITO wrote:

Seeing him steadier than usual sure would make things interesting.

That's what I thought too. He rode like a completely different Bam Bam. His riding style looked like energy saving mode. l couldn't tell if he was bouncing off the rev limiter as much. He seemed to gel with a completely different bike pretty well.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

1/17/2021 3:07 PM

Loads of great nights , few ok night s and a few terrible night s . The only rider i can see have a couple of terrible nights and win the championship is tomac and even then it wont happen ever time

|

1/17/2021 4:05 PM

Roczen is looking phenomenal. Barcia? Give us a break. When he gets a bad start he does not have the discipline to pass clean. He starts slamming people...and about one time in five that ends up costing him. It is just math. The "riskiness" of Barcia's approach kills him over the course of a season. To win a championship, you have to have a mindset that Barcia has not demonstrated.

|

1/17/2021 7:15 PM

NOPE

Hi Bobb

|

1/17/2021 7:27 PM

StartedTooLate wrote:

Roczen is looking phenomenal. Barcia? Give us a break. When he gets a bad start he does not have the discipline to pass clean. He starts slamming people...and about one time in five that ends up costing him. It is just math. The "riskiness" of Barcia's approach kills him over the course of a season. To win a championship, you have to have a mindset that Barcia has not demonstrated.

Roczen looks phenomenal but the dude that handled him not so much? Just stop

|

1/17/2021 10:36 PM

StartedTooLate wrote:

Roczen is looking phenomenal. Barcia? Give us a break. When he gets a bad start he does not have the discipline to pass clean. He starts slamming people...and about one time in five that ends up costing him. It is just math. The "riskiness" of Barcia's approach kills him over the course of a season. To win a championship, you have to have a mindset that Barcia has not demonstrated.

Chris_Buehler wrote:

Roczen looks phenomenal but the dude that handled him not so much? Just stop

Did you read what I said? Barcia looked phenomenal too. But....me writing him off is because of his long term approach.

When Barcia does not get a start, and has to pass people, he resorts to block passes and contact...and over the course of a season...that costs you. It is just the law of probabilities. How many times have we seen championship contenders buried deep in the field work their way to a podium without ever using a block pass and getting into someone. Tons of times. Because real contenders know you can not take that risk. It WILL catch up with you. How many times have you seen Barcia do that? NEVER.

It is not about speed, it is about the long view. Barcia has never shown he can take that view. As soon as I see Barcia get a P13 start...and ride up to a P2 finish, without using a single block pass...THEN he will be a contender.

|

1/17/2021 11:02 PM

StartedTooLate wrote:

Did you read what I said? Barcia looked phenomenal too. But....me writing him off is because of his long term approach.

When Barcia does not get a start, and has to pass people, he resorts to block passes and contact...and over the course of a season...that costs you. It is just the law of probabilities. How many times have we seen championship contenders buried deep in the field work their way to a podium without ever using a block pass and getting into someone. Tons of times. Because real contenders know you can not take that risk. It WILL catch up with you. How many times have you seen Barcia do that? NEVER.

It is not about speed, it is about the long view. Barcia has never shown he can take that view. As soon as I see Barcia get a P13 start...and ride up to a P2 finish, without using a single block pass...THEN he will be a contender.

No block passes? What is this slot car racing? If you are talking no contact passes I can go along with that for the most part as long as no one resorts to take out moves.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

1/17/2021 11:37 PM

He tied McGrath,s record of 3 consecutive opening round wins, on a new ride. So he gets mentioned with The King of SX, as the only rider to do so.

|