Can Barcia do it?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2018 9:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2018 9:02 PM

So with the shit show that was San Diego, I guess the only hope for a title fight comes down to Anderson vs. Barcia. Does Barcia have what it take to make up 28 points to Anderson, or are we about to see a run away? Really hope it's not the latter..

|

2/11/2018 9:06 PM

Barcia ain’t scared.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/11/2018 9:10 PM

He's next in line if Anderson goes down. And then if Barcia went down we'll have Bagget, Seely, Musquin, or Peick. It's anyone's championship in the top 8 right now.

|

2/11/2018 9:13 PM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

He's next in line if Anderson goes down. And then if Barcia went down we'll have Bagget, Seely, Musquin, or Peick. It's anyone's championship in the top 8 right now.

But is that likely? Anderson is consistently killing it right now.

|

2/11/2018 9:14 PM

I'm sure at least 2 guys in the top 5 will be injured at some point this season. Could be any 1 or 2 guys, everyone saying the 'chip is over is dumb.

|

2/11/2018 9:24 PM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

He's next in line if Anderson goes down. And then if Barcia went down we'll have Bagget, Seely, Musquin, or Peick. It's anyone's championship in the top 8 right now.

Premixed112 wrote:

But is that likely? Anderson is consistently killing it right now.

With what's going on lately it seems very likely something like this could happen. There's been carnage everywhere. If Anderson doesn't go down then he'll obviously earn a well deserved championship.

I love Anderson's wild style. He always appears to be hauling ass and riding completely at the limit, which is why I'm a little nervous to see if he can stay upright all year. There's a lot of golf left ladies..many more shanks, 5-putts, and water balls on the way.

|

2/11/2018 9:28 PM

Just needs to consistently start better then Anderson to have a shot...

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

2/11/2018 9:29 PM

I have a feeling Jason has spent a lot of time studying the Dungey handbook over the past couple seasons and it his turn to manage a title. I am pretty confident he will be our 2018 SX champ.

If only that Frenchman could go on a tear and catch up......wink

|

2/11/2018 9:54 PM

There's really no way Anderson doesn't do something stupid between now and Vegas. it should stay pretty interesting.


Photo

|

2/11/2018 9:57 PM

Imo a run away.

|

2/11/2018 9:57 PM

Anderson has come close to crashing at a few rounds this year. So far he has managed to stay upright but one dnf and Barcia is back in it.

|

2/12/2018 4:09 AM

Too tough to predict but I'd love to see it come all the way down to the last round. But really unless Anderson gets injured or has one or two bad races with a dnf or something, I don't see Barcia being able to close the gap. Barcia has shown he has the speed to hang with these guys but I don't think he quite has the speed to actually be reeling in Anderson and making a pass, or take the lead from the start and holding it all the way through to the end. I think Anderson is just a bit faster at this point in time.

|

2/12/2018 7:03 AM

Anderson is riding really well, but there’s a lot of races left. I just don’t see him running away with this. He is riding really aggressively, but I can see that coming back to haunt him. Look at Oakland, that last whoop section with both feet off the pegs, he was lucky not to lose it there. I think this points race will tighten up

|

2/12/2018 7:04 AM

Yes he can but not by beating Anderson straight up. He has to have help from Anderson through crashes on mechanical issues.

|

2/12/2018 7:05 AM

I see Barcia punting Anderson over a berm in either Arlington or Tampa

|

2/12/2018 7:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2018 7:09 AM

Premixed112 wrote:

So with the shit show that was San Diego, I guess the only hope for a title fight comes down to Anderson vs. Barcia. Does Barcia have what it take to make up 28 points to Anderson, or are we about to see a run away? Really hope it's not the latter..

Nope... he can't keep his mind right.

JA is having a very hard time doing that as well.

|

2/12/2018 7:11 AM

milliebays wrote:

There's really no way Anderson doesn't do something stupid between now and Vegas. it should stay pretty interesting.


Photo

They way I heard it he already has in practice at San Diego..

|

2/12/2018 7:16 AM

Daytona will be interesting.

|

2/12/2018 7:29 AM

milliebays wrote:

There's really no way Anderson doesn't do something stupid between now and Vegas. it should stay pretty interesting.


Photo

life_of_jaze wrote:

They way I heard it he already has in practice at San Diego..

These things have a way of working themselves out on the track. Ando’s gaining a lot of riders with issues to be settled, though. Someone is going to serve Anderson some payback sooner or later And that will tighten the points.

|

2/12/2018 7:31 AM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

He's next in line if Anderson goes down. And then if Barcia went down we'll have Bagget, Seely, Musquin, or Peick. It's anyone's championship in the top 8 right now.

Premixed112 wrote:

But is that likely? Anderson is consistently killing it right now.

Right now* this is the first time he’s ever done this in the 450 class. I just see him having a bad race or two

|

2/12/2018 7:44 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Yes he can but not by beating Anderson straight up. He has to have help from Anderson through crashes on mechanical issues.

Maybe he can help Anderson a little devil

|

2/12/2018 7:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2018 7:47 AM

With that lead already on Barcia & co, the best for Anderson would be to start his championship mode. He can afford to stay calm and lose a few points some nights, a la Dungey, as overall I think he can keep the same points gap over a few races. If he tries to dominate, the championship is then more open as that will results in bad nights too, with more injury probabilities, resulting potentially in more point swings. Also, with such a point lead on Roczen, Musquin and Tomac, I think he should take it easy and see if his lead decreases after 3 or 4 races.

|

2/12/2018 7:47 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Yes he can but not by beating Anderson straight up. He has to have help from Anderson through crashes on mechanical issues.

crusty_xx wrote:

Maybe he can help Anderson a little devil

I would love to see that happen, that would spice thing up a bit!

|

2/12/2018 7:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2018 7:51 AM

Its SX and that means its just one mistake from changing everything. That being said can we now appreciate what RD did for years.

|

2/12/2018 12:20 PM

If Barcia goes into bam bam mode, he just might.

|

2/12/2018 12:50 PM

Anderson will have 1-2 bad races this season still. It's still wide open

|

2/12/2018 12:52 PM

305FC250 wrote:

Too tough to predict but I'd love to see it come all the way down to the last round. But really unless Anderson gets injured or has one or two bad races with a dnf or something, I don't see Barcia being able to close the gap. Barcia has shown he has the speed to hang with these guys but I don't think he quite has the speed to actually be reeling in Anderson and making a pass, or take the lead from the start and holding it all the way through to the end. I think Anderson is just a bit faster at this point in time.

This man nailed it.

|

2/12/2018 1:36 PM

Imagine if we get to Vegas with these two within a couple of points of each other and getting out in front.

Would be a fucking blood bath.

|

2/12/2018 1:48 PM

milliebays wrote:

There's really no way Anderson doesn't do something stupid between now and Vegas. it should stay pretty interesting.


Photo

I have to agree with this. He's the only contender why hasn't had a setback this year, it it seems more like a matter of "when" than "if."

|

2/12/2018 6:32 PM

dont forget, anderson did have a pretty decent crash already, and we have a lot of races left. hoping anderson doesnt roll off a few more wins and back everyone off into podium hunters.

|