Can Anderson win Daytona?

mx 219
Fantasy
974th
Edited Date/Time 3/1/2022 6:32am
Any thoughts on Anderson winning Daytona?

Sure, Eli is the favorite, but right now Anderson seems to be riding better than Eli. Had he not attempted that pass in the first race Saturday Anderson would have won and they would be tied on points with Anderson having the momentum...if Anderson does find a way to win Daytona I think he will win the title...unless he gets into Malcolm again LOL (because of potential payback during the series).
|
2/28/2022 7:55am
mx 219 wrote:
Any thoughts on Anderson winning Daytona? Sure, Eli is the favorite, but right now Anderson seems to be riding better than Eli. Had he not attempted...

Sure, Eli is the favorite, but right now Anderson seems to be riding better than Eli. Had he not attempted that pass in the first race Saturday Anderson would have won and they would be tied on points with Anderson having the momentum...if Anderson does find a way to win Daytona I think he will win the title...unless he gets into Malcolm again LOL (because of potential payback during the series).
I just can't see anyone beating Eli at a daytona/atl type race. Dude can let it hang out and that is what he is best at. I also think DF will be really good at the two speedway rounds. Just needs a DECENT start.
2/28/2022 7:59am
Kenny came close in 2020. If 2022 Anderson is in the same position that Kenny was back then, I can't see him giving up the win. The only way Anderson wins is if he gets a great start and Eli struggles to get through the pack after a bad start... but Eli has proven this year that bad starts don't slow him down like they used to. Smart money is on Eli to win Daytona.
2/28/2022 8:05am
Anderson is the only guy that can run Eli’s pace this year, but beating Eli at Daytona is going to require some luck.

The Shop

tomlopez
2/28/2022 8:09am
He certainly can, but I don't think it's as likely as Tomac winning again. And I'm not so sure about Ando being the better rider this year. Over the last several rounds, they seem to almost match each other in pace. Their battles essentially come down to the start, racecraft, and who's pushing harder. But Tomac hasn't been noticeably slower than Anderson since round 3
kb228
2/28/2022 8:23am
The combination of him not winning any outdoor races and tomac being an animal at daytona leads me to believe anderson wont win. But look at braytons luck…
MikeJones
2/28/2022 8:35am
mx 219 wrote:
Any thoughts on Anderson winning Daytona? Sure, Eli is the favorite, but right now Anderson seems to be riding better than Eli. Had he not attempted...

I just can't see anyone beating Eli at a daytona/atl type race. Dude can let it hang out and that is what he is best at...
I just can't see anyone beating Eli at a daytona/atl type race. Dude can let it hang out and that is what he is best at. I also think DF will be really good at the two speedway rounds. Just needs a DECENT start.
I was going to type the same thing, but Anderson's been letting it hang out even more than Eli these past few races it seems. Might not be enough to walk away with Daytona, but if they're both up front at the start, we're in for a hell of a battle Saturday night.
Zachintosh
2/28/2022 8:43am
We all know Eli is extremely sensitive to bike setup, and he doesn’t have a Daytona baseline setup on the Yamaha. So, I don’t think an Eli runaway is a slam dunk just yet.
TeamGreen
2/28/2022 8:48am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2022 9:26am
It's no secret that I'm in Jason's corner; but, I don't EVEN have the ability to write off...Eli...Cooper...Chase...and a few others...like Malcolm.

I know better than to forget how many of these guys have shown up at Daytona and shredded the competition.

About "Who's Fastest": Jason has shown the ability to pass and get a bit of a lead on the competition this year; but, again...discounting Eli's ability or thinking of the times when Eli has said,"Screw it!" and hung it ALL out there...?

If Jason stays in the head-space that he's in...that level of satisfaction that he seems to have...? Well, we'll see.

Here's something that's undeniable: watching the two of them joke and laugh about racing the living shit outta each other during the Arlington Press Conference was a validation that they're -BOTH- loving what they're doing...and that IS the "new thing" we're all talking about, here.

I am loving this.
toroP
2/28/2022 8:57am
I’ll answer with a question. Can Brayton win Daytona?
TeamGreen
2/28/2022 9:06am
toroP wrote:
I’ll answer with a question. Can Brayton win Daytona?
BOOM! Grinning

In a truly perfect world...

"7 Deuce Deuce Wins Daytona!" Woohoo
mxtech1
2/28/2022 9:24am
That's tough...

Even during Tomac's "bad" years, he has won Daytona.
How do you bet against him this year on a better bike, better starts, and increased vigor?

Unless he wrecks, Daytona is Tomac's race to lose.
Dialed Moto
2/28/2022 9:32am
I do not see Anderson beating Eli at Daytona. I also just have a feeling that because Anderson keeps finding trouble, there is a chance that he could potentially ruin this thing for himself at some point. He has been so fun to watch however, and his style is so rad. Hope he can stay consistent but I just have a feeling one of these incidents he gets into is gonna ruin this thing.
Joey_Bridges
2/28/2022 9:48am
TeamGreen wrote:
It's no secret that I'm in Jason's corner; but, I don't EVEN have the ability to write off...Eli...Cooper...Chase...and a few others...like Malcolm. I know better than...
It's no secret that I'm in Jason's corner; but, I don't EVEN have the ability to write off...Eli...Cooper...Chase...and a few others...like Malcolm.

I know better than to forget how many of these guys have shown up at Daytona and shredded the competition.

About "Who's Fastest": Jason has shown the ability to pass and get a bit of a lead on the competition this year; but, again...discounting Eli's ability or thinking of the times when Eli has said,"Screw it!" and hung it ALL out there...?

If Jason stays in the head-space that he's in...that level of satisfaction that he seems to have...? Well, we'll see.

Here's something that's undeniable: watching the two of them joke and laugh about racing the living shit outta each other during the Arlington Press Conference was a validation that they're -BOTH- loving what they're doing...and that IS the "new thing" we're all talking about, here.

I am loving this.
One thing I've noticed about Jason this year.
He's racing guys just the way they race, or have raced, him.

His clean, hard, close racing with Eli this year, and his incidents with stewart this season show that.
The two run ins with Kenny were not intentional.
Fans of the sport can see this.
Fanboys... not so much.

He can indeed win Daytona.
If it's as close of a battle as they've been having, I'm okay with whoever comes out on top.
Let's hope they give us a Daytona to remember.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
2/28/2022 10:00am
Broseph wrote:
[URL=/gif/eli-tomac-wheelies-through-whoops-at-daytona-2015-o9XjND][IMG]https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-28-2022/o9XjND.gif[/IMG][/URL]
He lost Daytona that year, so while its cool he did that wheelie it's not like he was handing to everyone in the process.
TeamGreen
2/28/2022 10:06am
TeamGreen wrote:
It's no secret that I'm in Jason's corner; but, I don't EVEN have the ability to write off...Eli...Cooper...Chase...and a few others...like Malcolm. I know better than...

I am loving this.
One thing I've noticed about Jason this year. He's racing guys just the way they race, or have raced, him. His clean, hard, close racing with...

His clean, hard, close racing with Eli this year, and his incidents with stewart this season show that.
Fanboys... not so much.

If it's as close of a battle as they've been having, I'm okay with whoever comes out on top.
Oh, well...shit.

We're gonna have to crack a coupl'a beers open and shot some good'ol fashioned shit.

Manny
davistld01
2/28/2022 10:56am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2022 10:57am
TeamGreen wrote:

I am loving this.
One thing I've noticed about Jason this year. He's racing guys just the way they race, or have raced, him. His clean, hard, close racing with...

Fanboys... not so much.

Like most here, I say yes Jason can...but if Eli is feeling it...I don't think he will.

And, although I agree with what you said...I believe Anderson races that way with only the people that he knows won't take it back to him. You don't see him bumping Barcia. Shit...Justin would lose the race just to knock him down, and he knows it. He knows Roczen won't take him out. But, I was surprised that he ran Mookie that close...because Mookie would damn sure (at least in years past) gotten back with him if he could catch him after an "incident".

I don't believe he'd race Eli like that.
tprice07
2/28/2022 10:59am
Only Brayton can beat Eli at Dayota, I'm here for Braytona 2.0.
jambalaya
2/28/2022 11:01am
How about this. I give him the second best chance of winning it. Maybe third. Ferrandis could be good
Joey_Bridges
2/28/2022 11:23am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2022 11:24am
Motoman35 wrote:
Marchbanks
Well that just about wraps this thread up.
🤔
TogaSet
Fantasy
3894th
2/28/2022 3:59pm
I wouldn’t bet against Tomac. But Andersen can ride outdoor style tracks when he has his mojo going like this year. He beat everyone a moto at MXDN at a Euro track he doesn’t ride.
Tank_Slapper
2/28/2022 4:10pm
Best chance besides Tomac, just read he's 6f_2in 165lbs, didn't think he was that tall.
Shaned9326
2/28/2022 4:42pm
One thing for sure is we will have a highly motivated Tomac to win and be the Daytona King and have the most wins!! Passing RC at that track would be epic!! Let the best man win!! Sexton and Ferrandis might have something to say as well!!
07stuntin6r
2/28/2022 5:23pm
I think Eli can win it still. Anderson is fast also, but he is pushing it harder than Eli making passes knocking himself out at times. Elis smart he knew he didn't need a 1st in that last race to win the overall...tried to make a pass then rode efficiently to make it to the end. Ferrandis? nah hes all over the place took Eli out and last race ran into another rider.
Shaned9326
2/28/2022 5:29pm
I think Eli can win it still. Anderson is fast also, but he is pushing it harder than Eli making passes knocking himself out at times...
I think Eli can win it still. Anderson is fast also, but he is pushing it harder than Eli making passes knocking himself out at times. Elis smart he knew he didn't need a 1st in that last race to win the overall...tried to make a pass then rode efficiently to make it to the end. Ferrandis? nah hes all over the place took Eli out and last race ran into another rider.
Outdoor style track with long lap times and Ya saw how Ferrandis rode last summer!! Ya never know
H4L
2/28/2022 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2022 5:58pm
No. My money is on ET3.
Ozy
2/28/2022 6:14pm
Did El Hombre use Eli's old setting as a baseline when he first jumped on the KX, or AC9's? Jason hasn't had much time to test outdoor settings

Eli has Ferrandis outdoor settings from last year as a baseline for an outdoor type track and that has to be an advantage

Post a reply to: Can Anderson win Daytona?

The Latest