Camping at Loretta's

Braaaphole
We go to the ranch every year, but have never brought our camper. I plan to bring it this year and stay there.
My plan is to arrive at the ranch Saturday morning. Am I going to have to park way in the back, or is there still a chance of me getting in the bigger camping area behind the track? I don't know that I'll be able to get there any sooner and I know I won't be on the creek. I just don't want to go all the way to the back of the property if I don't have to.
|
Jack_Wagon
4/29/2022 8:55am
People are there weeks before the event to get the spots behind the track on the river. Most people drive up and drop their campers a week or two in advance just to get anywhere near the track. Lot 3 is your best chance, but I doubt you get in there by Saturday. You're probably going to be in the back.
motodad312
4/29/2022 1:12pm
We went two years ago. Got there Saturday morning. We were put way in the back by the post office. Loved it! I guess I'm just old but I would not want to be put in the area behind the track. Way too much going on in that area all hours of the day. There were quite a few people in the back with us but we weren't crowded or on top of each other. Was just a very short walk to the river to float and have a beverage. I would actually seek to park back there again. Just get a golf cart and/or have a pit bike. You'll be good.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1417th
4/29/2022 1:33pm
They had a big Covid rebound last year..and if Im not mistaken, they ran out of camping even way out by the dam. Also after the flooding there may be less area available...who knows? I would definitely check with the ranch themselves.
Braaaphole
4/29/2022 6:35pm
NITRODOG wrote:
They had a big Covid rebound last year..and if Im not mistaken, they ran out of camping even way out by the dam. Also after the...
They had a big Covid rebound last year..and if Im not mistaken, they ran out of camping even way out by the dam. Also after the flooding there may be less area available...who knows? I would definitely check with the ranch themselves.
They did run out of spots, it was slammed out there. In all the years I've been going, I'd never seen it like that before.
It was a combination of covid rebound and the 40th year of Loretta's.
They opened up areas to camp that hadn't been used before, there were 2 more campgrounds down the road well past the house.

The Shop

4/29/2022 10:17pm
Last year you needed to be there Wednesday or Thursday before to get a spot by the creek on the backside. By Friday you were in the field by the bridge, if you got there Saturday you were out past Loretta's house 2 miles from the track.
lumpy790
4/30/2022 5:56am
I used to roll in on Thursday morning and pay LL's for the extra couple days to camp before the regular week of camping started on Saturday but that always got me a nice spot down along the creek in the trees for shade.

BTW when looking for a spot think about elevation as there are some low sports where when it rains and it will you will be camping in water.
Hi Side
5/2/2022 11:03am
I guess I'm one of the very few that doesn't want to be by the creek. It's by far the busiest place on the ranch with a multitude of golf carts, SS and pit bikes constantly on the move. God forbid that it rains heavily which it inevitably will for at least one day. That area is the lowest spot on the ranch and the water will stand there for days. Stagecoach Hill is the best spot on the ranch in my opinion.
Braaaphole
5/2/2022 12:18pm
Hi Side wrote:
I guess I'm one of the very few that doesn't want to be by the creek. It's by far the busiest place on the ranch with...
I guess I'm one of the very few that doesn't want to be by the creek. It's by far the busiest place on the ranch with a multitude of golf carts, SS and pit bikes constantly on the move. God forbid that it rains heavily which it inevitably will for at least one day. That area is the lowest spot on the ranch and the water will stand there for days. Stagecoach Hill is the best spot on the ranch in my opinion.
I agree with you, there's far too much traffic through there to park on the creek unless you can do like the Deegans and get behind another rig to block it all out.
I'd like to get up on stagecoach and in the shade, but I'm sure it will be full by the time I arrive. Plus with a 40' 5th wheel, there's very limited somewhat level spots up there I could get into. I'm not too crazy about blocking up my trailer like some do to get level. I've seen some very sketchy setups on the side of that hill.
Hi Side
5/2/2022 1:40pm
Braaaphole wrote:
I agree with you, there's far too much traffic through there to park on the creek unless you can do like the Deegans and get behind...
I agree with you, there's far too much traffic through there to park on the creek unless you can do like the Deegans and get behind another rig to block it all out.
I'd like to get up on stagecoach and in the shade, but I'm sure it will be full by the time I arrive. Plus with a 40' 5th wheel, there's very limited somewhat level spots up there I could get into. I'm not too crazy about blocking up my trailer like some do to get level. I've seen some very sketchy setups on the side of that hill.
Agreed! We have a 44' Heartland Cyclone toy hauler and I wouldn't even try it on Stagecoach Hill. We'll be in a field for the week but that's okay. The $35 fee for water and a pump is pretty cheap
btroxler
5/2/2022 1:47pm
3 years ago I carried my camper and we ended up in Lot 4, but in my opinion it was the best spot. Right by the bridge and the creek, easy access in and out.

They did shut off camping last year on Monday I believe.

It is a blast, if I hadn't sold my camper I would be there camping every year. We still go but have to stay in a hotel in Dickson.
Braaaphole
5/2/2022 2:51pm
Hi Side wrote:
Agreed! We have a 44' Heartland Cyclone toy hauler and I wouldn't even try it on Stagecoach Hill. We'll be in a field for the week...
Agreed! We have a 44' Heartland Cyclone toy hauler and I wouldn't even try it on Stagecoach Hill. We'll be in a field for the week but that's okay. The $35 fee for water and a pump is pretty cheap
How does that work? I've seen people with the stickers on their campers for it. Do they just come by and dump the tanks and fill with water? Or do you have to schedule it and meet them at the camper?
Hi Side
5/2/2022 5:32pm
Braaaphole wrote:
How does that work? I've seen people with the stickers on their campers for it. Do they just come by and dump the tanks and fill...
How does that work? I've seen people with the stickers on their campers for it. Do they just come by and dump the tanks and fill with water? Or do you have to schedule it and meet them at the camper?
They just come by the best I remember.
6/28/2022 7:48pm
Reviving this one to ask a few related questions. First time going to the ranch this year. We have a 44’ Fifth wheel and I’m thinking, based on the input above, amount of racers, and pictures I’ve seen that it will be a tight squeeze or won’t be able to fit at all. I can’t get there until Saturday morning. I’m planning for that and right now booked a campground about 30 minutes away and figured on driving the truck in for registration on Sunday, practice on Monday and whenever the motos are scheduled.

Questions are:
1. Should I just “send it” and roll into the ranch on Saturday hoping there is room to park and cancel my outside campground reservation?
2. If I do stay off site, is there going to be room for me to park and pit on practice and remote days? I assume there are for people that travel light in vans and stuff and stay offsite in hotels right? Or do people not stay off site?
3. Last random question, does everyone in my group need to pay an entry fee to be onsite other than the mechanic and rider? Specifically, the wife and other kids that aren’t racing?

Just seems like there is a ton of info out there about the racing, but really nothing at all about the logistics for the week, especially considering it’s only 3, twenty minute motos per class over the course of 5 days and for a majority of the time, it is basically downtime airing for the next moto.

Thanks for any input!
lumpy790
6/28/2022 8:05pm
Reviving this one to ask a few related questions. First time going to the ranch this year. We have a 44’ Fifth wheel and I’m thinking...
Reviving this one to ask a few related questions. First time going to the ranch this year. We have a 44’ Fifth wheel and I’m thinking, based on the input above, amount of racers, and pictures I’ve seen that it will be a tight squeeze or won’t be able to fit at all. I can’t get there until Saturday morning. I’m planning for that and right now booked a campground about 30 minutes away and figured on driving the truck in for registration on Sunday, practice on Monday and whenever the motos are scheduled.

Questions are:
1. Should I just “send it” and roll into the ranch on Saturday hoping there is room to park and cancel my outside campground reservation?
2. If I do stay off site, is there going to be room for me to park and pit on practice and remote days? I assume there are for people that travel light in vans and stuff and stay offsite in hotels right? Or do people not stay off site?
3. Last random question, does everyone in my group need to pay an entry fee to be onsite other than the mechanic and rider? Specifically, the wife and other kids that aren’t racing?

Just seems like there is a ton of info out there about the racing, but really nothing at all about the logistics for the week, especially considering it’s only 3, twenty minute motos per class over the course of 5 days and for a majority of the time, it is basically downtime airing for the next moto.

Thanks for any input!
Arriving that late you have about a .1 % chance you will get a spot.

Getting in with your truck is also going to be difficult since you can not get a pit access pass sticker for the truck without a camping spot. Probably have to park in daily parking.

Do you have friends that will be camping that you can base out of and leave the stuff there?
6/28/2022 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2022 8:25pm
Thanks lumpy790. Part of the racing registration is a $450 facility permit. I assumed that was my pit pass sticker. Might need to call MX Sports tomorrow and ask to confirm what that $450 is for.

Unfortunately don’t have anyone else there that we can rely on to base out of when racing.
Braaaphole
6/28/2022 9:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2022 9:03pm
Reviving this one to ask a few related questions. First time going to the ranch this year. We have a 44’ Fifth wheel and I’m thinking...

Questions are:

Thanks for any input!
Get there Saturday morning and you will be able to get a camping spot. Last year was the biggest year they have ever had and they didn't fill up until late Sunday. It's also the only time I'm aware of that they completely filled up and cut off camping. We will be arriving Saturday morning as well. Due to the cost of fuel and everything else, there's no way it gets as packed as it was last year.
If you stay offsite, you can get there Sunday and pay for a parking pass for the week. There is space for you to squeeze in and park for the day. A lot of people stay offsite and leave a pit area setup for the week. The best spot for that is probably up on stagecoach hill where you can't get a camper in very well.

They charge by the vehicle. If you pack 30 people in your van, it's the same price as if you come alone.
JMR1976
6/28/2022 9:17pm
You can go to the ranch in a pick up truck. It’s almost funny people worrying about if they can get a 40ft trailer parking spot. If I had money blowing out my ass I would probably to the same! Good luck!
Braaaphole
6/28/2022 9:44pm
JMR1976 wrote:
You can go to the ranch in a pick up truck. It’s almost funny people worrying about if they can get a 40ft trailer parking spot...
You can go to the ranch in a pick up truck. It’s almost funny people worrying about if they can get a 40ft trailer parking spot. If I had money blowing out my ass I would probably to the same! Good luck!
We are there for over a week, why wouldn't we bring a camper if we have one? It's going to be a long week sleeping in the bed of a truck.
MXVet261
Fantasy
4078th
6/29/2022 7:42am
Questions are:
--------------------

As others have stated, they filled last year. However, with gas so expensive I have to think it will be a little less packed this time. If coming in Saturday though you will probably be way in the back 40 overflow lots. Keep in mind you will need a pit vehicle, it's way too huge to be walking everywhere.

--------------------

Yes tons of people stay offsite. Most of the "fast" guys really don't stay at the ranch honestly other than kids. There is usually plenty of room on the front sides of StageCoach Hill for a truck since its wooded and not conducive to jamming giant campers into. You could get into there somewhere without issue but it wouldn't be level.

--------------------

You are correct, your $450 facility fee gives you the sticker for your truck windshield and you are all set to enter the ranch with however many people you can put in there. There is no "per person" gate fee. The only other fee you would have is if you brought in a second car and needed to get the extra car pass.

Have fun and enjoy! What class are you in?
mikejones202
Fantasy
3189th
6/29/2022 8:15am
I went last year as a spectator and got there Friday evening around 4:30. We were parked in the second lot past Loretta's house. We were grateful to have a pit vehicle due to how far it was from the track. I would imagine as everyone else is saying that there most likely wont be as many people this year due to fuel prices.

With that being said, do whatever you can to actually park at the ranch. There are so many different activities going on not to mention the racing to watch. We spent the one day completely in the creek and had a blast. If we weren't getting married in September and could swing the extra money this year, we would definitely go back as spectators. Best of luck to you and enjoy it! At the end of the day, the results don't matter, just have fun and take it all in!
6/29/2022 9:37am
MXVet261 wrote:
Questions are: -------------------- 1. Should I just “send it” and roll into the ranch on Saturday hoping there is room to park and cancel my outside...
Questions are:
--------------------

As others have stated, they filled last year. However, with gas so expensive I have to think it will be a little less packed this time. If coming in Saturday though you will probably be way in the back 40 overflow lots. Keep in mind you will need a pit vehicle, it's way too huge to be walking everywhere.

--------------------

Yes tons of people stay offsite. Most of the "fast" guys really don't stay at the ranch honestly other than kids. There is usually plenty of room on the front sides of StageCoach Hill for a truck since its wooded and not conducive to jamming giant campers into. You could get into there somewhere without issue but it wouldn't be level.

--------------------

You are correct, your $450 facility fee gives you the sticker for your truck windshield and you are all set to enter the ranch with however many people you can put in there. There is no "per person" gate fee. The only other fee you would have is if you brought in a second car and needed to get the extra car pass.

Have fun and enjoy! What class are you in?
The boy made it in 250c, pretty excited to say the least.
motodad312
6/29/2022 10:26am
We went 2 years ago. I also rolled in on Saturday morning with an Outlaw (roughly 38-39 footer). There were people arriving throughout the day on Saturday (ie, many came after us). They put us in the back by the post office (way back). I loved the spot. For the people that came in later, they had them down the road down past her house (which is way way back). Point being, if they showed up. they found a spot for them, no matter the size of the rig. Hopefully you rented a golf cart or have some sort of pit vehicle. it's the only way to get around that place anyway. If so, you're good no matter where they park you.

Post a reply to: Camping at Loretta's

The Latest