Calling out Rocky Mountain

byke
7/19/2018 6:52pm
shredder22 wrote:
So the shipping company messes up yet its Rocky Mountains Fault?? That's not how things work. Just like with USPS, FEDEX, or UPS. If the shipping...
So the shipping company messes up yet its Rocky Mountains Fault?? That's not how things work. Just like with USPS, FEDEX, or UPS. If the shipping company delivers to the wrong location then the shipping company would be responsible for the problem.
You should read the thread. Everyone knows you lose one out of a hundred with USPS/FedEx/UPS, that's fine. OnTrac is not even close to being in that same category. Rocky Mountain knows this and chooses to use them anyway. That decision is on them. Tons of good analogies in here. You're a general contractor and continue to use the cheapest shitty pool guy and keep having pool problems, that's on you. You have a shitty employee that's rude to customers, but you refuse to fire him, that's on you. On and on and on and on, but nobody seems to understand the responsibility that comes with the extension of business relationships. If you can't appreciate how the quality of people you surround yourself with affects you, please don't start your own business.
JB 19
7/19/2018 7:00pm
I've generally had really good luck with them. I have sometimes received parts the next day from the Kentucky warehouse. The one time I was in a time crunch I ordered brake rotors in March 10 days before I was leaving for Florida to finish building a set of wheels. I figured 5 days tops since they did have to come from Utah. I never checked tracking. After 6 days I checked and they had been in Columbus Ohio for 2 days. Rocky Mountain couldn't explain what the problem was and I got them the evening before leaving.

That's the only problem I ever had and it was at a time that it was actually important.
bf884
7/19/2018 7:38pm
bf884 wrote:
To the guys giving OP a hard time about his post: Obviously OnTrack sucks, yes. RM is responsible for who they hire. So what you guys...
To the guys giving OP a hard time about his post:

Obviously OnTrack sucks, yes. RM is responsible for who they hire.

So what you guys are essentially saying is, you hire a general contractor to build you a home. Keep in mind you bought a product and service from your contractor. Then the contractor hires a sub contractor to provide a product and service on your new home. Well then the sub contractor screws up on a project causing costly damage. You approach the general contractor about the problem and he tells you to take it up with the sub contractor because it not his problem. Is this okay with you guys?
rikhek wrote:
Good analogy, however, I still question what the OP was hoping to accomplish by posting to a bunch of Vitards?
Well I would guess posting to the largest motocross forum would have some influence. If the majority of the people on here are stating the same thing regarding ONTrack, then maybe RM would consider doing away with them. Going back to my analogy, would you leave a comment or review on Angie’s list or with the BBB in that case? Basically the same concept here. I don’t know. I’m sure RM will take care of it though.
JWRM
7/19/2018 8:07pm
Never had a problem with RM, but I've lost 2 items through OnTrac before. One, a fairly expensive guitar that (luckily) showed up weeks later. Not sure how those idiots are still in business.

The Shop

racer187x
7/19/2018 9:15pm
"As for your question, posting in a place where others have expressed the same issue CAN lead to RM making a change. If everyones' shipping issues stay individual, then no one on here knows it's a bigger issue. It at least gives other fellow dirt bikers a heads up to avoid similar hassles, even if RM does nothing about it."

^^This. I was sure I had a one-off, then saw issues in the Shout Out to Rocky Mountain thread and saw a theme.

UPDATE:

I sent this email last night:

"Good evening,

I’m disputing the charge with my credit card company and will supply the necessary backup for it as I never received the package.

I’ve given detailed information regarding this incident through several emails and feel that my business is not valued in this instance. In my line of work, I have had this exact scenario happen (different product) and rather than leave a long time customer in the middle of a dispute with a shipping company, I have taken care of them by sending a duplicate order out on the company’s dime to ensure they are taken care of. Behind the scenes I fought with the shipping company to hold them accountable for their mistake. This is not a common occurrence so when a customer does have an issue it is an easy calculation to err on their side versus making them wait for resolution between us and the shipping company. Returning customers are worth far more in lifetime revenue than an occasional duplicate order. If it is a common issue with a shipping company I would switch to another as they are the end representation of our company to the customer, many times the last contact the customer has with the company and their transaction.

It is disappointing that RMATV customer service reps either were not able to pick up on the cues (and me directly telling them that a replacement order would be appreciated) or were not empowered to make the call to take care of the customer. I even asked in a couple of emails for a phone call to discuss the situation with a live person and never got a call.

In my line of work I appreciate honest feedback from my customers so we can improve our processes and continue to be the best company in our industry. I hope this feedback can be used to better yours.

Sincerely,

[racer187x]"

I got a call on the way in to work this morning from Wendy in shipping at RMATV. She wanted to verify my shipping address. She wasn't aware of the customer service stuff, hadn't seen the back and forth emails with RMATV. I explained that I had sent an email and started a dispute with my credit card company last night. I wanted to make sure she didn't send a duplicate order because of that. Wendy was SUPER kind and apologetic. She listened to my story from last Thursday to this Thursday which concluded with no contact from RMATV Tuesday or Wednesday despite requests for a call. Wendy told me that OnTrac's driver stated to RMATV that he personally redelivered the box and handed it to me on 7/13 at 14:02 (that was the email where I responded with a screenshot of the tracking info and subsequent email. Then radio silence from RMATV). She apologized profusely and explained that there has been an uptick in customers not receiving their orders. Their policy previously was to send a duplicate order and hash it out with OnTrac afterwards but that a combination of dishonest customers claiming they didn't receive the items and OnTrac genuinely losing shipments has led to a big loss of money for RMATV. The inferred result is that the policy changed to not ship duplicate orders out before the shipping side is settled.

I explained that in my job that is the opposite reaction that I would take. I would (and have) switched shipping carriers before due to frequency of misdelivered or lost items. Taking care of our customers is absolutely #1 and if that means losing out on a few bucks then so be it but the repeat, loyal customer is king. This is why rewards programs exist, it is proven that the majority of revenue comes from repeat business (not a constant flow of new customers). After about ten minutes of our discussion and Wendy genuinely trying to earn back the business we thought of a way that they could earn it back. I asked her if the parts were all still available and she said yes. She offered to send them overnight with signature required delivery so I can receive everything tomorrow. I think this is an acceptable solution. I called my CC company and stopped the dispute.

Last thing we talked about was making sure that upper management at RMATV takes notice of this serious issue that is impacting a lot of people. As part of the service recovery I asked if our conversation can be sent to them and effort made to rectify for other customers. We worked out a way for me to send all of my video from my front yard to her and she compiled the whole issue to send upwards. To me, that was the goal. As I stated in my initial post, I like RMATV. I just don't appreciate bad customer service. I can't afford to give crappy customer service in my job and there is no way I will tolerate it when I'm on the other end. I would much rather spend my money where my business is valued. Especially since I'm spending money on fun stuff that I'm passionate about. Why put up with bad service when there are alternatives?

My last email to Wendy was this:

"You have done what several other people could not do which is be empowered to make a difference. You have single handedly turned this situation around and I can't thank you enough for your efforts. As discussed on the phone, I know exactly what you're going through due to my line of work. I know the fight with the various shipping companies and the need to have backup for any claims (probably why I have a camera at home Smile . Working at my job over the years I have a strong ethic towards customer service and push myself and my staff to take care of our customers. Us paying out for the odd package that gets misdelivered or reported lost by the customer is easy to spend the money to replace when viewed against the overall revenue that a returning, loyal customer brings. And its how I would want to be treated if it happened to me! I'll share this story with my team as an example of empowerment and the effect it has on a customer."

I asked her to send that upwards as well. She still is the only person to call me from RMATV and it was by accident this morning. I will likely not shop with them again until there are improvements with shipment or even just acknowledgement from their management that their policy is having a negative impact on their customers.

Thanks for those who understand. Sorry for such a long post but bitching about it on the internet without trying to make a change for the better is terrible. I hope that RMATV sees this thread and takes stock for those who have had or are experiencing the same thing I'm going through.
racer187x
7/19/2018 9:20pm
bradmx421 wrote:
Damn..... OnTrac sucks. On a side note though, i am your LOCAL DEALER and i try to always hook up the homies on Vital MX........ email...
Damn..... OnTrac sucks. On a side note though, i am your LOCAL DEALER and i try to always hook up the homies on Vital MX........ email me sometime if you need anything, i'm right here in Palm Springs or visit my websites. I only ship using USPS
Don't worry, I bought a ramp from you a couple weeks ago and would've bought a stand too if you had one that didn't have KTM all over it Wink Will keep dropping in for odds and ends.

I don't own a Yamaha and my KTM is a 1997 360 MXC that is mothballed. I moved here in January from Houston, still getting to know the area. I've been to your shop, Chaparral and Malcolm Smith Motorsports in the last few weeks. I dropped my forks off at Race Tech for my '85 CR500 last week. I love being back in the mecca of our sport.

dkg
7/19/2018 10:06pm
racer187x;

Read your discussion above. Only thought I have is that it looks like RM did take care of the problem and gave a satisfactory explanation as to how things had gotten to the point they did (shipping issues and theft). Shit happens in this world and no company is 100% perfect 100% of the time,but, ultimately the company demonstrated integrity and efforts at doing the right thing. With that said, I wonder why you are questioning doing business with RM going forward.
racer187x
7/19/2018 10:19pm
dkg wrote:
racer187x; Read your discussion above. Only thought I have is that it looks like RM did take care of the problem and gave a satisfactory explanation...
racer187x;

Read your discussion above. Only thought I have is that it looks like RM did take care of the problem and gave a satisfactory explanation as to how things had gotten to the point they did (shipping issues and theft). Shit happens in this world and no company is 100% perfect 100% of the time,but, ultimately the company demonstrated integrity and efforts at doing the right thing. With that said, I wonder why you are questioning doing business with RM going forward.
I acknowledge Wendy’s efforts to turn this sale around. Wendy demonstrated integrity and empowerment to fix the immediate problem.

The overall issue remains, as evidenced by several others who have contributed to this thread. What good is it for me to “get mine” if RMATV doesn’t address the problem on the wider scale? What was the point of all this if I, or anyone else, orders from them again and has this exact same thing happen? Like I mentioned, everyone wins if RMATV acknowledges the OnTrac issue and takes steps to resolve it. Otherwise it’s business as usual. I have no problem shutting up and taking my money elsewhere. I happen to like RMATV and want to see them succeed.
Texas Built
7/19/2018 11:02pm
Delivery company screws up and you blame RMMC. You sound like a millennial.
TeamGreen
7/20/2018 4:58am
So the shipping company delivers to the wrong address, yet its RM's fault..? If RM investigates the shipping carrier its likely the carrier will have to...
So the shipping company delivers to the wrong address, yet its RM's fault..?

If RM investigates the shipping carrier its likely the carrier will have to foot the bill for a second order. Sometimes shit happens. In the millions and millions of shipped packages each year sometimes A few are wrong.
Who picked the shipping company and why?

I’ve had really good luck with Rocky Mountain; but, this one IS actually on them when the shipping company...that they chose...Screws things up AND there’s a “commitment” to a certain delivery date...that’s wasn’t met.
tcallahan707
7/20/2018 5:06am
You sound like a Texan. Read the thread moran.
tcallahan707
7/20/2018 5:10am
racer187x wrote:
"As for your question, posting in a place where others have expressed the same issue CAN lead to RM making a change. If everyones' shipping issues...
"As for your question, posting in a place where others have expressed the same issue CAN lead to RM making a change. If everyones' shipping issues stay individual, then no one on here knows it's a bigger issue. It at least gives other fellow dirt bikers a heads up to avoid similar hassles, even if RM does nothing about it."

^^This. I was sure I had a one-off, then saw issues in the Shout Out to Rocky Mountain thread and saw a theme.

UPDATE:

I sent this email last night:

"Good evening,

I’m disputing the charge with my credit card company and will supply the necessary backup for it as I never received the package.

I’ve given detailed information regarding this incident through several emails and feel that my business is not valued in this instance. In my line of work, I have had this exact scenario happen (different product) and rather than leave a long time customer in the middle of a dispute with a shipping company, I have taken care of them by sending a duplicate order out on the company’s dime to ensure they are taken care of. Behind the scenes I fought with the shipping company to hold them accountable for their mistake. This is not a common occurrence so when a customer does have an issue it is an easy calculation to err on their side versus making them wait for resolution between us and the shipping company. Returning customers are worth far more in lifetime revenue than an occasional duplicate order. If it is a common issue with a shipping company I would switch to another as they are the end representation of our company to the customer, many times the last contact the customer has with the company and their transaction.

It is disappointing that RMATV customer service reps either were not able to pick up on the cues (and me directly telling them that a replacement order would be appreciated) or were not empowered to make the call to take care of the customer. I even asked in a couple of emails for a phone call to discuss the situation with a live person and never got a call.

In my line of work I appreciate honest feedback from my customers so we can improve our processes and continue to be the best company in our industry. I hope this feedback can be used to better yours.

Sincerely,

[racer187x]"

I got a call on the way in to work this morning from Wendy in shipping at RMATV. She wanted to verify my shipping address. She wasn't aware of the customer service stuff, hadn't seen the back and forth emails with RMATV. I explained that I had sent an email and started a dispute with my credit card company last night. I wanted to make sure she didn't send a duplicate order because of that. Wendy was SUPER kind and apologetic. She listened to my story from last Thursday to this Thursday which concluded with no contact from RMATV Tuesday or Wednesday despite requests for a call. Wendy told me that OnTrac's driver stated to RMATV that he personally redelivered the box and handed it to me on 7/13 at 14:02 (that was the email where I responded with a screenshot of the tracking info and subsequent email. Then radio silence from RMATV). She apologized profusely and explained that there has been an uptick in customers not receiving their orders. Their policy previously was to send a duplicate order and hash it out with OnTrac afterwards but that a combination of dishonest customers claiming they didn't receive the items and OnTrac genuinely losing shipments has led to a big loss of money for RMATV. The inferred result is that the policy changed to not ship duplicate orders out before the shipping side is settled.

I explained that in my job that is the opposite reaction that I would take. I would (and have) switched shipping carriers before due to frequency of misdelivered or lost items. Taking care of our customers is absolutely #1 and if that means losing out on a few bucks then so be it but the repeat, loyal customer is king. This is why rewards programs exist, it is proven that the majority of revenue comes from repeat business (not a constant flow of new customers). After about ten minutes of our discussion and Wendy genuinely trying to earn back the business we thought of a way that they could earn it back. I asked her if the parts were all still available and she said yes. She offered to send them overnight with signature required delivery so I can receive everything tomorrow. I think this is an acceptable solution. I called my CC company and stopped the dispute.

Last thing we talked about was making sure that upper management at RMATV takes notice of this serious issue that is impacting a lot of people. As part of the service recovery I asked if our conversation can be sent to them and effort made to rectify for other customers. We worked out a way for me to send all of my video from my front yard to her and she compiled the whole issue to send upwards. To me, that was the goal. As I stated in my initial post, I like RMATV. I just don't appreciate bad customer service. I can't afford to give crappy customer service in my job and there is no way I will tolerate it when I'm on the other end. I would much rather spend my money where my business is valued. Especially since I'm spending money on fun stuff that I'm passionate about. Why put up with bad service when there are alternatives?

My last email to Wendy was this:

"You have done what several other people could not do which is be empowered to make a difference. You have single handedly turned this situation around and I can't thank you enough for your efforts. As discussed on the phone, I know exactly what you're going through due to my line of work. I know the fight with the various shipping companies and the need to have backup for any claims (probably why I have a camera at home Smile . Working at my job over the years I have a strong ethic towards customer service and push myself and my staff to take care of our customers. Us paying out for the odd package that gets misdelivered or reported lost by the customer is easy to spend the money to replace when viewed against the overall revenue that a returning, loyal customer brings. And its how I would want to be treated if it happened to me! I'll share this story with my team as an example of empowerment and the effect it has on a customer."

I asked her to send that upwards as well. She still is the only person to call me from RMATV and it was by accident this morning. I will likely not shop with them again until there are improvements with shipment or even just acknowledgement from their management that their policy is having a negative impact on their customers.

Thanks for those who understand. Sorry for such a long post but bitching about it on the internet without trying to make a change for the better is terrible. I hope that RMATV sees this thread and takes stock for those who have had or are experiencing the same thing I'm going through.
I appreciate your approach to this entire situation. I respect your ability to want to find a solution and also give credit where credit is due (go Wendy). I also respect your decision to shop elsewhere if the bigger issue isn't fixed. It's refreshing to come across a centered, logical, and respectful human on the interweb. Thanks for taking the time to try and make our industry a little bit better.
motox331
7/20/2018 9:24am
RMATVMC may be a good company but they are at fault for choosing a poor delivery service. Is the delivery service at fault? Of course! If the company values the customer's experience they should invest in a shipping company that is reliable. If this happened to you I guarantee you wouldn't just accept it and reorder your parts with the thought of " Oh Well, Ill just order from these guys again, it wasn't their fault I didn't get my package."
7/20/2018 9:44am
This might be on Rock Mountain for using OnTrac. OnTrac is complete shit. Many companies use them now ( Best Buy ) and they are garbage. However, this thread was premature in my opinion as the issue was resolved. Could you blow your head up any larger about your line of work and how you do things in numerous conversations. Geez.
Cbrit95
Fantasy
3022nd
7/20/2018 9:55am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2018 9:56am
motox331 wrote:
RMATVMC may be a good company but they are at fault for choosing a poor delivery service. Is the delivery service at fault? Of course! If...
RMATVMC may be a good company but they are at fault for choosing a poor delivery service. Is the delivery service at fault? Of course! If the company values the customer's experience they should invest in a shipping company that is reliable. If this happened to you I guarantee you wouldn't just accept it and reorder your parts with the thought of " Oh Well, Ill just order from these guys again, it wasn't their fault I didn't get my package."
Dude it was literally 5 business days, you just have little to no patients for the company to make it right. No one is going to no questions asked turn around and send more stuff to you. They took time to investigate what occurred and took care of the issue. They didn't ever tell you to stuff it and re-order i guarantee it
Premix
7/20/2018 10:16am
For the TL:DR crowd. Cliff notes of this thread:

kkawboy14
7/20/2018 10:19am
So now online retailers are not carrying the stuff we order? On time distribution only works when it’s on time to the retailer
ob
7/20/2018 11:53am
I hate OnTrac
motox331
7/20/2018 1:35pm
motox331 wrote:
RMATVMC may be a good company but they are at fault for choosing a poor delivery service. Is the delivery service at fault? Of course! If...
Cbrit95 wrote:
Dude it was literally 5 business days, you just have little to no patients for the company to make it right. No one is going to...
Dude it was literally 5 business days, you just have little to no patients for the company to make it right. No one is going to no questions asked turn around and send more stuff to you. They took time to investigate what occurred and took care of the issue. They didn't ever tell you to stuff it and re-order i guarantee it
I don't have patients because I'm not a doctor. Patience though I do have. Look I love Rocky Mountain all I was saying is the OP was justified in feeling upset at them for giving him a little bit of a run around. Did they eventually get him hooked up? Yes, so good on them. However that situation the OP was put in should happen less than 95% of the time. It appears that more and more people are having problems with their shipping company that they chose. That is on them. Its a little immature to say hes a whiny millennial when he was justified on being upset.
Cbrit95
Fantasy
3022nd
7/20/2018 1:56pm
motox331 wrote:
Cbrit95 wrote:
Dude it was literally 5 business days, you just have little to no patients for the company to make it right. No one is going to...
motox331 wrote:
I don't have patients because I'm not a doctor. Patience though I do have. Look I love Rocky Mountain all I was saying is the OP...
I don't have patients because I'm not a doctor. Patience though I do have. Look I love Rocky Mountain all I was saying is the OP was justified in feeling upset at them for giving him a little bit of a run around. Did they eventually get him hooked up? Yes, so good on them. However that situation the OP was put in should happen less than 95% of the time. It appears that more and more people are having problems with their shipping company that they chose. That is on them. Its a little immature to say hes a whiny millennial when he was justified on being upset.
Yes he may have been justified on being upset, but to bash a company over an error they are trying to correct is not. I'll say it again it was a 5 business day ordeal and they got him taken care of. At the end of the day he was ordering parts for his bike which is a hobby and I've never heard of someone having a hobby emergency in dire need of their parts. Learn how to relax and understand that there isn't always an instant solution right then and there.
byke
7/20/2018 2:16pm
I just recently discovered that some folks think information they don't like is fake. Clearly some folks don't use dictionaries much these days and I wonder if we're having the same problem here? Because stating a problem isn't the same as bashing, so please point out which words are bashing Rocky Mountain.
motox331
7/20/2018 2:33pm
Cbrit95 wrote:
motox331 wrote:
I don't have patients because I'm not a doctor. Patience though I do have. Look I love Rocky Mountain all I was saying is the OP...
Cbrit95 wrote:
Yes he may have been justified on being upset, but to bash a company over an error they are trying to correct is not. I'll say...
Yes he may have been justified on being upset, but to bash a company over an error they are trying to correct is not. I'll say it again it was a 5 business day ordeal and they got him taken care of. At the end of the day he was ordering parts for his bike which is a hobby and I've never heard of someone having a hobby emergency in dire need of their parts. Learn how to relax and understand that there isn't always an instant solution right then and there.
Bro I'm just defending the OP saying he has a right to be upset. I don't know why you are singling me out like I wrote the original post.
shredder22
7/20/2018 3:34pm
shredder22 wrote:
So the shipping company messes up yet its Rocky Mountains Fault?? That's not how things work. Just like with USPS, FEDEX, or UPS. If the shipping...
So the shipping company messes up yet its Rocky Mountains Fault?? That's not how things work. Just like with USPS, FEDEX, or UPS. If the shipping company delivers to the wrong location then the shipping company would be responsible for the problem.
byke wrote:
You should read the thread. Everyone knows you lose one out of a hundred with USPS/FedEx/UPS, that's fine. OnTrac is not even close to being in...
You should read the thread. Everyone knows you lose one out of a hundred with USPS/FedEx/UPS, that's fine. OnTrac is not even close to being in that same category. Rocky Mountain knows this and chooses to use them anyway. That decision is on them. Tons of good analogies in here. You're a general contractor and continue to use the cheapest shitty pool guy and keep having pool problems, that's on you. You have a shitty employee that's rude to customers, but you refuse to fire him, that's on you. On and on and on and on, but nobody seems to understand the responsibility that comes with the extension of business relationships. If you can't appreciate how the quality of people you surround yourself with affects you, please don't start your own business.
Read the whole thread but thanks for the recommendation to read it lol. ANd thank you for the advice on not starting my own business. I wasnt planning on it. I would highly advise you not to start your own business either. It sounds like you plan on refunding or shipping replacement parts out at no cost every time a customer claims their package didnt show up. Yes I've read that on trac sucks from quite a few posters in this thread but it still doesn't change the fact that it's the shipping companies fault. I don't know what's going on these last couple days but vital is full of crybaby posts and whiners even more so than normal. When did men that ride motocross get so sensitive??

Post a reply to: Calling out Rocky Mountain

The Latest