Calling out Rocky Mountain

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2018 10:31 PM

Don't want to derail the other thread.

Disclaimer: I was a huge RMATV supporter growing up in Utah, racing desert, moto and supermoto. I've spent some coin there over the years.

Ordered some parts last week that were supposed to arrive Thursday 7/12. When I got home from work, wife said nothing arrived from RMATV. I checked tracking and it said delivered so I called OnTrac. The customer service rep told me that the driver misdelivered and will redeliver the next day. I called mid-day to check and they said it would be redelivered by 18:30. Of course, it wasn't delivered. Got ahold of RMATV, explained the situation and then have had back and forth emails where they say they're investigating with OnTrac and it would take two business days. That was up Monday 7/16. The result of their investigation was this:

Photo

So I shared the tracking page and summarized (again) my interactions with OnTrac:

Photo

Photo

Asked Tuesday and again Wednesday for an update or call and received neither. Bottom line is that the customer shouldn't be in the middle of the dispute between the shipper and the supplier. In my line of work I have had this exact scenario happen and the returning customer's business and loyalty is worth far more than this single order. Hell, I used RM Cash on this order. I was initially upset with OnTrac (and no question, they suck) but that shifted when RMATV put me in the middle of the issue instead of showing that they value me as a customer. This is a basic customer service issue and given several opportunities to make it right they did not.

Sounds like I'm not the only one who's had issues with RMATV and OnTrac. If RMATV is reading this then take notice that this is affecting your business negatively.

|

7/18/2018 10:34 PM

I won’t ever order from them.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

7/19/2018 4:48 AM

Rmatv has been excellent for me with everything for many years. They run a large operation and sometimes things happen. You’re correct they could learn from an unusual ordering problem like you’ve experienced. Here is the other side of that coin, thousands of orders handled with excellent service and fast shipping. People rarely post props to a company when things go well, if they did we’d have this thread up to page 40 before we found another unfortunate shipping problem.

|

7/19/2018 5:04 AM

You might be the one out of 100,000 that they get customer service wrong. RM is literally an amazing company with customer service. If it was problem after problem then id consider posting about it on a forum.

Honestly if the shipping company fesses up and says they misdelivered it, then they need to correct it. RM doesnt want to sent out free stuff without confirming it was misdelivered. Its a process and they likely didnt call you because they dont have an update since the last time they contacted you and wont call until they know something.

|

7/19/2018 5:25 AM

Wow, definitely a dis-connect. OnTrac assured RMATV they'd re-route my order mid-shipment as I had the wrong ship to address. That didn't happen and the following ensued, but with a good ending. https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Rocky-Mountain-MC-Customer-Service-Kudos,1342450

Have you asked to speak to a manager at RM? At the very least, talk to Bobby (Barbara...referenced in my thread). She seemed to get it/understand customer service.

|

7/19/2018 5:27 AM

Never heard of OnTrac. Rocky Mountain and ebay are my go to sites. My local bike shops don't care or stock anything. They can get it in a week. When they do it's full retail.
Anyhow sounds like OnTrac should go away. UPS and Fed Ex deliver my orders just fine.

|

7/19/2018 5:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2018 7:10 PM

My wife recently ordered some equestrian products from a supplier she has bought from for years with great delivery service.

Big issues with a recent order. When she called the company they said they recently started using OnTrac and that they have had problems with them.

That said, the company rapidly fixed the issue.

|

The older I get...the less I can remember about how much faster I was....

7/19/2018 5:32 AM

100% of my 3 orders , they delivered to the wrong address. It took 2 weeks to get my parts each time ( northern Washington). I finally had to just put a hold on stuff and go drive to the depot and pick it up.

|

7/19/2018 6:30 AM

On Trac is a disaster. I have been ordering from RMATV for years and the last few months have been frustrating. I guess I'll go back to ordering from Motosport. Its a shame that RMATV went with On Trac, probably to save a little on shipping costs and now it's tarnishing what was a good reputation. I have seen this issue pop up on several different forums and it's frustrating to see...

|

7/19/2018 6:33 AM

Never heard of on track. Who are they and what shipping company do they use to make the actual delivery? UPS? FedEx? USPS?

|

7/19/2018 6:34 AM

kb228 wrote:

You might be the one out of 100,000 that they get customer service wrong. RM is literally an amazing company with customer ...more

How would you know if there is problem after problem if no one decides to post until they are aware there is problem after problem? The OP posted this because he stumbled across another person who had the same issue with OnTrac.

"Asked Tuesday and again Wednesday for an update or call and received neither." He gave RM an opportunity to make things right and they dropped the ball. Private feedback is always the way to go, but I have no issues with escalating things to a more public setting if the feedback isn't received.

|

7/19/2018 6:41 AM

So the shipping company delivers to the wrong address, yet its RM's fault..?

If RM investigates the shipping carrier its likely the carrier will have to foot the bill for a second order. Sometimes shit happens. In the millions and millions of shipped packages each year sometimes A few are wrong.

|

2018 CRF250R

7/19/2018 6:47 AM

This should be a anti OnTrac thread. The problem seems to be that he driver says that it was delivered but it wasn't (according to you and your video). If it were any other circumstance, I am sure that RMMC would have already sent you a new order. I have never had an issue with RMMC but have with OnTrac. IMO, they suck and should not be used. Even their tracking sucks.

|

7/19/2018 6:50 AM

On Trac must be a west coast company. I just checked their site and they don't service my area. Sounds like a good thing for me. I will continue to use RM, they have been great for me for many years.

|

7/19/2018 6:51 AM

kb228 wrote:

You might be the one out of 100,000 that they get customer service wrong. RM is literally an amazing company with customer ...more

tcallahan707 wrote:

How would you know if there is problem after problem if no one decides to post until they are aware there is problem after ...more

Hes making it sound like its rms fault for the shipping companies messup.

|

7/19/2018 7:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2018 7:07 AM

kb228 wrote:

tcallahan707 wrote:

How would you know if there is problem after problem if no one decides to post until they are aware there is problem after ...more

kb228 wrote:

He very clearly stated that he feels like he shouldn't be the one handling the shipping company's mistake. He's had to sit on the phone with them repeatedly. RM should take ownership of the situation. They hired the shipper.

|

7/19/2018 7:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2018 1:27 PM

#1 I'm not sure what you expect RM to do much differently? They aren't the shipping company and they didn't ship your stuff to the wrong place. They need to confirm that you did not receive the shipment before they just re-ship you the order. If there's a shipping issue, It kind of does become partially your problem. If the shipping company is telling them it was definitely delivered, they have to at least consider that information. Its uncommon for a shipping co. to say something is delivered when it wasn't.

#2. If you need important parts for a race bike that's going to mexico, you should order your parts a little earlier. I deal w/ shipping @ my job every day. UPS, FedEx etc. (freight & Ground) lose shipments all the time. Shit happens. Plan for it. Don't blast the company you order from for something that they didn't do. They handled that the way they should have. You just didn't have enough time in your schedule to allow the problem to be completely resolved. These things take time.

Edit: *DISCLAIMER: I have never ordered from RM & am not a fanboy*

|

7/19/2018 7:08 AM

Rocky Mountain is one of the best companies I've EVER dealt with. They go out of their way to take care of their customers AND THEY ARE ALWAYS LESS EXPENSIVE THAN ANY OTHER RETAILER. Truly amazing company. I'm 58 and have been buying from them for better than 20 years. I've spent lots of money with them and don't even bother shopping elsewhere as they can't be beat.

I've never heard on OnTrac and get my RM deliveries in Tulsa, OK via FedEx. Seems like OnTrac is the problem, not RM. I would imagine if RM went with OnTrac for savings they'll quickly discontinue the relationship if the service being provided is hurting RM's earned and well deserved excellent customer satisfaction reputation.

|

7/19/2018 7:09 AM

I’ve had trouble with OnTrac regardless of who I order from FWIW. Not just moto stuff

|

7/19/2018 7:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2018 7:17 AM

I'v had many issues with Ontrac in the past. When Rocky Mountain started using them to ship I was really bummed. I called RM customer service to tell them OnTrac was a terrible company to work with and if there was any way to avoid them. Customer service said no problem we'll put a note on your account only to use Fed-Ex.

Every company (moto/nonmoto) that uses OnTrac I'v called and asked to have it shipped another way but only Rocky Mountain was able to provide awesome customer support and accommodate me. +1 for RM. They have earned a very loyal customer.

|

7/19/2018 7:20 AM

kb228 wrote:

tcallahan707 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

Who hired the shipping company?
In business, you must take responsibility for your subcontractors and suppliers, including their screw-ups.

I purchase a lot of parts from Rocky Mountain and they are almost always perfect in customer service.
Their only weak link in the chain seems to be the On-Track shipping company they use.

OP, you should call them and explain that you paid for parts that you have not received and politely tell them that they need to make good on the purchase, or issue you a full refund. Those are the only two acceptable options in this scenario.

I have had an identical scenario (package lost by On-Track). I did check with the neighbors, then told RM customer service that I expected a replacement shipment. It took maybe a total of two or three phone conversations with RM and they agreed to re-ship (after checking with the carrier). They sent out the replacement within 24 hours.

|

7/19/2018 7:36 AM

OnTrac is the worst, most useless mother fucking company of all time.

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

7/19/2018 7:41 AM

racer187x wrote:

Disclaimer: I was a huge RMATV supporter growing up in Utah, racing desert, moto and ...more

Just curious: what was your goal in starting the thread? Shaming RMC? Attempt to hurt RMC's reputation amongst dirt bikers on Vital? Publicly pressuring them to do....something?

I agree that this sucks, and OnTrac appears to have screwed up, but it rubs me the wrong way when the first knee jerk response to stuff like this is to go online and put them on blast.

What exactly are a bunch of Vitards going to do to fix your issue? Which leads me back to my original question...whistling

|

7/19/2018 7:43 AM

Another vote for OnTrac being a disaster.

|

Business link - www.bc-inspect.com

7/19/2018 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2018 8:06 AM

I'm sure the goal of starting the thread is to get resolution to the problem (duh), since it doesn't appear to be getting anywhere currently.

As a retail customer, terms should be FOB destination. He bought from RMATV, paid them, and did not receive the product. This is RMATV's responsibility to correct. They should back charge the shipper and replace the customers items shipped via another carrier.

OnTrac sucks, everyone agrees, SAD!

For the record I love RMATV.

|

7/19/2018 8:24 AM

When you order something from RM , do you have another shipping option , instead of using OnTrac?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

7/19/2018 8:25 AM

racer187x wrote:

Disclaimer: I was a huge RMATV supporter growing up in Utah, racing desert, moto and ...more

Natester551v wrote:

Just curious: what was your goal in starting the thread? Shaming RMC? Attempt to hurt RMC's reputation amongst dirt bikers on ...more

Surely you are aware of the power social media has on companies. Thousands of complaints have went unresolved, yet when they company was put on the spot for all to see, they realized that it is better to make things right from the first hiccup rather than push blame on to someone else.

|

7/19/2018 8:31 AM

RM can do no wrong according to some of the vitards.

RM chose to use Ontrac so they should take responsibility for when things go wrong. I'm guessing they use Ontrac because they're cheaper.

|

7/19/2018 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2018 8:34 AM

Amazon uses OnTrac too and I've gone round and round with them as well. It is absolutely Rocky Mountain's fault for using them. It's no different than keeping on a shitty employees that does terrible work and shows up when they feel like it. I've talked to Rocky Mountain at least a couple dozen times. They seem have it down a little better now, but I went through the "note on your account" game too. First they added the note, then the note disappeared, then they put it back, then they didn't see it, the they said you can't add notes to accounts, then they added the note, then they didn't see it, on and on. Back in the day I used to be a serious fanboi and tell everyone about Rocky Mountain. Not no mo.

For those who don't know what OnTrac is, they're shipping company without being a shipping company. They subcontract random clowns that drive around in their personal vehicle and there's absolutely zero standards of service. You may get a good one and they're on time and down the street before you can even get to the door, or you may get a bad one that steals your package, or makes up fake reasons not to deliver, or sometimes the package just sits in the warehouse for days before they decide to move it. You have no choice but to change the way you order. Can you find it on eBay? Can you get it from Motosport? Or, are you willing to wait 1-2 weeks and put in the time chasing it down and making phone calls?

The purpose for complaining out loud should be pretty obvious. Nothing gets fixed is you just mope and keep everything to yourself. Nothing would ever get fixed if nobody talked about things that go wrong.

|

7/19/2018 8:35 AM

What a stupid post.

|