Call to action: AMA needs to dump FIM sectioning NOW!

Paul333
6/23/2018 8:07am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2018 8:09am
Robgvx wrote:
The AMA is the US affiliate of the FIM. Why would the AMA choose to break it’s ties with the world governing body just because some...
The AMA is the US affiliate of the FIM. Why would the AMA choose to break it’s ties with the world governing body just because some random Supercross guy failed a drug test? A drug test that was part of a testing programme that to my understanding was implemented upon the request of, amongst others, manufacturers, teams and riders?

So, that would never happen. But, assuming it did, and the AMA went off on its own to run races, as you suggest, those races wouldn’t be FIM-backed and would not, in the case of SX, carry the title of world championship. ‘So what?’, you might say. Well, firstly when the AMA leaves the FIM’s fold, the FIM would I imagine seek out a replacement for the departed AMA - a new US federation or promoter to run their FIM-backed races instead of the AMA mutineers. Someone like, say, Youthstream. So, I think you’d have your ‘rebel’ AMA series, and you’d have a second FIM-backed race series, still with drug testing, but now run by YS. Then, believe me, drug testing would be the least of your worries.

And, of those two competing race series’, the OEM’s will always follow the FIM races. Why? Because the FIM is the world governing body of motorcycling. The OEM’s make motorcycles. They work with the FIM across all areas of motorcycling, and contest world championships held under the FIM’s umbrella in all other forms of motorcycle racing. Why would they side with a non-FIM sanctioned rebel AMA race series that’s competing head-to-head against the official FIM world championships just because one Supercross guy got caught with PEDs in his urine?

That’s my understanding. FTE might correct me... Smile

Since when is the AMA an affiliate of the FIM? I know the FIM acts like it but that’s just not true.

As to the topic of the thread, I agree completely that the FIM needs to be completely removed from U.S. MX/SX.
RG1
6/23/2018 8:17am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2018 8:32am
Robgvx wrote:
The AMA is the US affiliate of the FIM. Why would the AMA choose to break it’s ties with the world governing body just because some...
The AMA is the US affiliate of the FIM. Why would the AMA choose to break it’s ties with the world governing body just because some random Supercross guy failed a drug test? A drug test that was part of a testing programme that to my understanding was implemented upon the request of, amongst others, manufacturers, teams and riders?

So, that would never happen. But, assuming it did, and the AMA went off on its own to run races, as you suggest, those races wouldn’t be FIM-backed and would not, in the case of SX, carry the title of world championship. ‘So what?’, you might say. Well, firstly when the AMA leaves the FIM’s fold, the FIM would I imagine seek out a replacement for the departed AMA - a new US federation or promoter to run their FIM-backed races instead of the AMA mutineers. Someone like, say, Youthstream. So, I think you’d have your ‘rebel’ AMA series, and you’d have a second FIM-backed race series, still with drug testing, but now run by YS. Then, believe me, drug testing would be the least of your worries.

And, of those two competing race series’, the OEM’s will always follow the FIM races. Why? Because the FIM is the world governing body of motorcycling. The OEM’s make motorcycles. They work with the FIM across all areas of motorcycling, and contest world championships held under the FIM’s umbrella in all other forms of motorcycle racing. Why would they side with a non-FIM sanctioned rebel AMA race series that’s competing head-to-head against the official FIM world championships just because one Supercross guy got caught with PEDs in his urine?

Paul333 wrote:
Since when is the AMA an affiliate of the FIM? I know the FIM acts like it but that’s just not true. As to the topic...
Since when is the AMA an affiliate of the FIM? I know the FIM acts like it but that’s just not true.

As to the topic of the thread, I agree completely that the FIM needs to be completely removed from U.S. MX/SX.
What is the AMA if it's not an affiliate of the FIM? It's an affiliate of the FIM just like the domestic federation of every other nation.
It's no different to the national federations of every nation currently playing in the world cup being an affiliate of FIFA. The FIM are the FIFA of our sport. Hence why you can't have a world championship without them
AK74
6/23/2018 8:30am
Paul333 wrote:
Since when is the AMA an affiliate of the FIM? I know the FIM acts like it but that’s just not true. As to the topic...

RG1
6/23/2018 8:30am
Robgvx wrote:

Paul333 wrote:

Here, direct from the FIM website

The Shop

Paul333
6/23/2018 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2018 4:28pm
I guess I don't see "Affiliate" as being under the FIM. Does the FIM tell the AMA what to do? No

I understand they have more to do with Supercross thanks to Feld. But for everything else they are not involved.

As you can read below the AMA's "Affiliation" with the FIM is really nothing more than organizing U.S. particpation at team FIM events or FIM events held in the U.S.

"As the U.S. affiliate, the AMA has many responsibilities with respect to the FIM, including:

Participating in the governing structure of the FIM.

Assembling U.S. teams that compete in team-based world championship events, such as the Motocross of Nations, Speedway World Cup and the International Six Days Enduro. Racing for their country, these riders compete against the world's best in their discipline.

Organizing and coordinating World Championship rounds and events that take place in the United States, such as U.S. rounds of the MotoGP World Championship Series.

Along with the Canadian Motorcycle Association, the AMA makes up FIM North America, the continental union affiliate of the FIM. FIM North America sanctions continental championship events and recognizes North American champions.

The AMA also licenses American riders to compete in international events and series. Riders who wish to compete on the world stage or in events that are sanctioned by other FIM national federations must be properly licensed by their home country's federations."

ns503
6/23/2018 5:28pm
Paul333 wrote:
I guess I don't see "Affiliate" as being under the FIM. Does the FIM tell the AMA what to do? No I understand they have more...
I guess I don't see "Affiliate" as being under the FIM. Does the FIM tell the AMA what to do? No

I understand they have more to do with Supercross thanks to Feld. But for everything else they are not involved.

As you can read below the AMA's "Affiliation" with the FIM is really nothing more than organizing U.S. particpation at team FIM events or FIM events held in the U.S.

"As the U.S. affiliate, the AMA has many responsibilities with respect to the FIM, including:

Participating in the governing structure of the FIM.

Assembling U.S. teams that compete in team-based world championship events, such as the Motocross of Nations, Speedway World Cup and the International Six Days Enduro. Racing for their country, these riders compete against the world's best in their discipline.

Organizing and coordinating World Championship rounds and events that take place in the United States, such as U.S. rounds of the MotoGP World Championship Series.

Along with the Canadian Motorcycle Association, the AMA makes up FIM North America, the continental union affiliate of the FIM. FIM North America sanctions continental championship events and recognizes North American champions.

The AMA also licenses American riders to compete in international events and series. Riders who wish to compete on the world stage or in events that are sanctioned by other FIM national federations must be properly licensed by their home country's federations."

They're still an affiliate no matter how much you play with words.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/23/2018 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2018 6:24pm
burn1986 wrote:
It’s a loosing battle. DC and the AMA just don’t care. Tickle’s done and he doesn’t know it. James 2.0
lostboy819 wrote:
DC has nothing to do with it but I agree the AMA is a bunch of clowns, always have been.
Edited
6/28/2018 11:50am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2018 11:53am
Does anyone here know anything about pre-mix, PEDs and snowmobiles??

Free Dirty!
slipdog
6/28/2018 11:56am
Does anyone here know anything about pre-mix, PEDs and snowmobiles??

Free Dirty!
Careful, you may be treading on thin ice here pal. If there is anyone that does he would probably be a big "Fan" of Justin Brayton
Mit12
6/30/2018 12:49am
It is a shame that we live in a world that thinks everything is someone else’s fault, blaming the system not the person. Three riders in the last 5 years got busted for having a banned substance in their system. This my friends is not an epidemic the system is not broke. Penalties should be made more reasonable but bottom line is don’t cheat and you will be ok.
Motofinne
6/30/2018 12:53am
Mit12 wrote:
It is a shame that we live in a world that thinks everything is someone else’s fault, blaming the system not the person. Three riders in...
It is a shame that we live in a world that thinks everything is someone else’s fault, blaming the system not the person. Three riders in the last 5 years got busted for having a banned substance in their system. This my friends is not an epidemic the system is not broke. Penalties should be made more reasonable but bottom line is don’t cheat and you will be ok.
This.
slipdog
6/30/2018 7:21am
slipdog wrote:
Hi PremixJunkie!
...and Good-Bye PremixJunkie!
PTshox
7/6/2018 7:10pm

Even more proof how insane moto's drug police is compared to other sports...

Jenrry Mejia Reinstated by MLB After Lifetime Ban for PEDs
KYLE NEWPORT
JULY 6, 2018

More than two years after Jenrry Mejia received a lifetime ban from Major League Baseball for repeatedly failing drug tests, the right-hander has been reinstated.

Commissioner Rob Manfred's decision was announced on Friday, via MLB.com:

"Under the terms of our collectively bargained Joint Drug Program, a permanently suspended player like Mr. Mejia has the right to apply to me for discretionary reinstatement after serving a minimum of two years. Upon receiving Mr. Mejia's application for reinstatement last year, I invited him to New York to meet with me. During our meeting, Mr. Mejia expressed regret for poor choices he made in the past and assured me that, if reinstated, he would adhere to the terms of the Program going forward. In light of Mr. Mejia's contrition, his commitment to comply with the Program in the future, and the fact that he will have already spent almost four consecutive years suspended without pay, I have decided to grant Mr. Mejia a final chance to resume his professional career."
dimetime
7/6/2018 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2018 8:02pm
Jesus Christ, you're still going on about this? Does Broc pay your rent and utilities or something?

For fucks sake, he cheated. Stop with the infantile logic and ramblings.

The apathy about cheating around this place is staggering. Get a grip. Sheesh.

Posters actually postulating that Broc was "set up" or didn't knowingly take it or it wouldn't do anything anyway or or or or..............

That shit didn't work when you were four and it sure as hell ain't flying now.

All PED cheaters should he banned for life. Period. Absolutely nothing shittier or more gutless than trying to rig the system. Why do you think they still tslk anout the Black Sox a hundred years later?

Post a reply to: Call to action: AMA needs to dump FIM sectioning NOW!

The Latest