Call to action: AMA needs to dump FIM sectioning NOW!

PTshox
Edited Date/Time 7/6/2018 8:02pm
Just read that news clip about Tickle getting rejected for a lifting of the provisional suspension. This FIM/WADA suspension and handling of such situations is just flat stupid.

This is a call out to AMA racing and Davy Coombs. It is time to step up and dump the FIM sectioning of any US based series. We don’t need them. They are hurting our sport with their over the top suspensions and BS processes.

Take control of the US series and bring all decisions on it back home to the USA. Follow what the stick and ball sports in the US do.. their drug programs and sentences.

Act today. Not in 1 year, 2 years, or even 3 months. Get on a con call with the folks running AMA racing and get this done. DUMP THE FIM. Today.

|
DA498
6/21/2018 12:53pm
I agree
tek14
6/21/2018 12:54pm
Whats the problem if you dont take doping?

The Shop

crusher773
6/21/2018 12:56pm
DC doesn't have anything to do with it. Outdoors uses USADA which from the sound of it is way better. AMA and feld need to dump FIM though.
kb228
6/21/2018 1:00pm
He failed the test. End of story. Where the FIM fails is on communication with broc. Not that he should he allowed to fail drug tests after he agreed to not fail them. Stupid thread
milliebays
6/21/2018 1:01pm
I'm in.

This is impossible to accomplish in reality, but would be willing to boycott anything and everything FELD Stupidcross.
4rings
6/21/2018 1:19pm
milliebays wrote:
I'm in.

This is impossible to accomplish in reality, but would be willing to boycott anything and everything FELD Stupidcross.
+1, I've lost interest in sx. Would rather see more american motocross than the circus. Feld is milking the sport dry($) while contributing to injuries and the pussification of pro riders.

I remember the good old days watching Erin Bates on SpeedTV. Actually interviewing riders in the pits, holding a discussion- gaining insight- how bout that. Plus the tracks were better. Good times. And I'm only in my twenties... fk.
PTshox
6/21/2018 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2018 1:21pm
milliebays wrote:
I'm in.

4rings wrote:
+1, I've lost interest in sx. Would rather see more american motocross than the circus. Feld is milking the sport dry($) while contributing to injuries and...
+1, I've lost interest in sx. Would rather see more american motocross than the circus. Feld is milking the sport dry($) while contributing to injuries and the pussification of pro riders.

I remember the good old days watching Erin Bates on SpeedTV. Actually interviewing riders in the pits, holding a discussion- gaining insight- how bout that. Plus the tracks were better. Good times. And I'm only in my twenties... fk.
Good points... Change is needed.
The riders have the power if they band together. No show without them.
JB 19
6/21/2018 1:23pm
Why can't Tickle race the outdoor nationals? I know it would disqualify him from racing FIM Supercross, but as far as I knew the nationals are not affiliated with the FIM......which should mean that if Broc doesn't mind writing off his Supercross career forever he can race anything that isn't FIM.
tcallahan707
6/21/2018 1:48pm
tek14 wrote:
The problem is the penalty doesn't fit the crime. WADA has built their penalties around the Olympic cycle. On top of that, they have been completely horseshit with communication in a timely manner. Zoom out and ask yourself if this is good for the sport. No one likes someone who (knowingly or not) cheats but these bans are not right.

I'd love to know how it takes so long to test sample B. Even if there is a legitimate reason, they should have the penalty ready to be announced as soon as sample B fails. And I think most of us would agree that anything beyond 12-18 months is completely insane.
tcallahan707
6/21/2018 1:49pm
JB 19 wrote:
Why can't Tickle race the outdoor nationals? I know it would disqualify him from racing FIM Supercross, but as far as I knew the nationals are...
Why can't Tickle race the outdoor nationals? I know it would disqualify him from racing FIM Supercross, but as far as I knew the nationals are not affiliated with the FIM......which should mean that if Broc doesn't mind writing off his Supercross career forever he can race anything that isn't FIM.
I believe it's along the lines of USADA recognizing WADA decisions. He is allowed to race in Canada, but somehow that delays the start of his sentence with WADA. Again, insane.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/21/2018 1:58pm
JB 19 wrote:
Why can't Tickle race the outdoor nationals? I know it would disqualify him from racing FIM Supercross, but as far as I knew the nationals are...
I believe it's along the lines of USADA recognizing WADA decisions. He is allowed to race in Canada, but somehow that delays the start of his...
I believe it's along the lines of USADA recognizing WADA decisions. He is allowed to race in Canada, but somehow that delays the start of his sentence with WADA. Again, insane.
USADA, like all national doping agencies, recognize any penalty passed down by WADA. Also, if a national doping agency penalizes a athlete, other national agencies and WADA recognize this decision and enforce it.
FuzzyLogic
6/21/2018 2:10pm
By not racing down here he is already effectively serving whatever penalty will be handed down (even if it isn't for the next 12 months or more) The real crime is in the fact that Tickle cant go up and race the Canadian series, which has no affiliation with USADA or WADA, without "being punished" by these sanctioning bodies. These agencies should have no concern what he wants to do to make a living outside of the series that they rule over.
VET176
6/21/2018 2:12pm
tek14 wrote:
Because in today's world it's always someone else's fault.
Johnny Depp
6/21/2018 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2018 2:15pm
Since nothing is going to change, I want all Moto D Nat's riders on last years top 10 teams tested daily for the month before the event. Laughing Especially any multi time defending champion teams whose country hosts the bicycle races where no one has ever been cleanWoohoo
kkawboy14
6/21/2018 2:18pm
Since nothing is going to change, I want all Moto D Nat's riders on last years top 10 teams tested daily for the month before the...
Since nothing is going to change, I want all Moto D Nat's riders on last years top 10 teams tested daily for the month before the event. Laughing Especially any multi time defending champion teams whose country hosts the bicycle races where no one has ever been cleanWoohoo
They don’t really care or they would do that. All they care about is having the appearance of caring!
rmoto003
6/21/2018 2:24pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Tickle is a cheater.....they caught him.....
lol. A cheater. Right. Now can you name me the "drug" he got busted for? Or any of the supposed benefits? Or how much you would need to take to get those benefits? Or how much Tickle had in his system?

If he got caught blood doping, I get it. If he got caught taking HGH, I get it. If he got caught with testoterone, I get it. But he got caught with dihexa-what-the-fuck-ever. The whole thing is stupid.
kkawboy14
6/21/2018 2:26pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
rmoto003 wrote:
lol. A cheater. Right. Now can you name me the "drug" he got busted for? Or any of the supposed benefits? Or how much you would...
lol. A cheater. Right. Now can you name me the "drug" he got busted for? Or any of the supposed benefits? Or how much you would need to take to get those benefits? Or how much Tickle had in his system?

If he got caught blood doping, I get it. If he got caught taking HGH, I get it. If he got caught with testoterone, I get it. But he got caught with dihexa-what-the-fuck-ever. The whole thing is stupid.
So he got suspended for eating Fruit-Loops?
SPODEBOY
6/21/2018 2:45pm

To answer all the cheater comments.

Yes, he and the other may very well be cheating. But the system in place to oversee and enforce the violations is broken so bad it is THE worst thing for the sport right now. If they cheat then YES then need to get disciplined. There needs to be a strong deterrent to not cheat.

But a removal for 4 years, absolutely no communication for many many months, the threat of an even stronger penalty if the racer tries to go race non FIM events is a complete joke.

Our sport NEEDS the athletes (Yes, even Broc Tickle Berluti) .So far each athlete caught has basically lost their careers. It baffles me to see the powers that be claim to want what's best for the sport yet continue to allow this to take place.

So the debate is not the cheating. It's what happens after that that needs serious change right now.
6/21/2018 2:50pm
tek14 wrote:
VET176 wrote:
Because in today's world it's always someone else's fault.
Bingo, and we have a winner!
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
6/21/2018 2:51pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
rmoto003 wrote:
lol. A cheater. Right. Now can you name me the "drug" he got busted for? Or any of the supposed benefits? Or how much you would...

"If he got caught blood doping, I get it. If he got caught taking HGH, I get it. If he got caught with testoterone, I get it. But he got caught with dihexa-what-the-fuck-ever. The whole thing is stupid."

So how much doping is too much? How much HGH is too much? What if the doc scripted the HGH? When my son was younger the docs wanted to give him HGH. We declined and at about 18 years old he grew like a weed. What if he were racing? Would that have been legal? Doc's script and all.
Testosterone? Everyone has different levels. So you get a script from a doc because you're below average? Would that be legal?
If that's your profession, your whole life, you might want to know what's going to get you dinged.
But that's just me,
kkawboy14
6/21/2018 2:53pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
To answer all the cheater comments. Yes, he and the other may very well be cheating. But the system in place to oversee and enforce the...

To answer all the cheater comments.

Yes, he and the other may very well be cheating. But the system in place to oversee and enforce the violations is broken so bad it is THE worst thing for the sport right now. If they cheat then YES then need to get disciplined. There needs to be a strong deterrent to not cheat.

But a removal for 4 years, absolutely no communication for many many months, the threat of an even stronger penalty if the racer tries to go race non FIM events is a complete joke.

Our sport NEEDS the athletes (Yes, even Broc Tickle Berluti) .So far each athlete caught has basically lost their careers. It baffles me to see the powers that be claim to want what's best for the sport yet continue to allow this to take place.

So the debate is not the cheating. It's what happens after that that needs serious change right now.
If I ran moto I would scrap all of it and increase the rider payouts the amount it was costing me to do the drug testing.

They don’t don’t do it in the 250s, which is really where it should be done anyway, when a kid is developing. There is a reason Pro Circiut was surprised about IV being wrong. Again, they only do it to have the appearance of doing it!
PTshox
6/21/2018 2:54pm
Lots of good points.

Conclusion is.....DUMP the FIM and their testing program today. Not tomorrow DC. Do it today.

Any further delay is simply political BS... The FIM hurts US racing. Cut them out of any involvement and let them screw up someone the GP series. Not ours here in the USA!
MR. X
6/21/2018 2:56pm
HE CHEATED !!! Fuck off already
PTshox
6/21/2018 3:06pm
MR. X wrote:
HE CHEATED !!! Fuck off already
So you were there with Broc? What exactly did he take and why?
Please share your first hand experience.
6/21/2018 3:10pm
PTshox wrote:
So you were there with Broc? What exactly did he take and why?
Please share your first hand experience.
He took 5-methylhexan-2-amine for a performance gain........I thought this was fairly common knowledge at this point?
Deja New
6/21/2018 3:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2018 3:14pm
FIM sectioning?
Yeah they split everything from PED users to opinions SillyWoohoo all sectioned up properly....
Maybe we could sanction their actions of sectioning Smile

Post a reply to: Call to action: AMA needs to dump FIM sectioning NOW!

The Latest