Call for Decency

dkg
10/20/2011 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 5:06pm
To often any number of posts go on the personal attack of Rider's wifes, girlfriends and family. These posts always seem to sink to the gutter or below. Frankly, I'd like to make a call for deceny and agreement that such posts be deleted or removed as seen fit by the moderators. The behavior of those associated with the sport should be fair game, on the other hand, disparging comments about individuals having nothing to do with the sport other than their association with a Rider should be off limits. These individuals have no way of defending themselves, nor have they chosen to be the matter of public scrutiny. You can just imagine the response such an individual would get if they chose to come on the board and defend themselves. Frankly these types of comments reflect just as negatively on the poster as they do on the person being commented about.

So, if you agree, let me know; those that disagree flame on, I have my asbestos underwear close at hand.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
10/20/2011 1:35pm
There's always been a line there. Some of the noobs haven't figured it out.

Time to take out some of the trash.
peelout
10/20/2011 1:36pm
GuyB wrote:

i'm ready for the responsibility GuyBro, give me admin access and i'll kick some punks to the curb
10/20/2011 1:41pm
I agree it is painful to read some of the bashing posts. As far as what happens when riders come on here to defend themselves, it seems to me many members do an about face and kiss their ass. Jeff Alessi went from getting basically shit on (see Grant incident) to being admired for putting himself out there by posting.

The Shop

wawazat
10/20/2011 2:47pm
GuyB wrote:

peelout wrote:
i'm ready for the responsibility GuyBro, give me admin access and i'll kick some punks to the curb
If he gives you admim access and I still can't get BV access, I'm gonna be hella pissed.. Evil
bish153
10/20/2011 2:50pm
Just a quick question, what if (and this is total hypothetical) a riders wife speaks out publicly against another rider or any one associated with the sport in a negative way? ( via twitter or any public social network) Is she then subject to these behaviors?
downandup
10/20/2011 3:15pm
When a girl hooks up with a rider, she knows she is going public. She is choosing that, and knows what she is getting into.

A family member, on the other hand, did not choose that. A family member (other than wife) should be out of bounds.

Sorry, I am probably in the minority here, but that's my opinion.

I . personsally, won't trash a racer's wife, unless she's doing something really pathetic.
BobbyM
10/20/2011 3:20pm
I agree it is painful to read some of the bashing posts. As far as what happens when riders come on here to defend themselves, it...
I agree it is painful to read some of the bashing posts. As far as what happens when riders come on here to defend themselves, it seems to me many members do an about face and kiss their ass. Jeff Alessi went from getting basically shit on (see Grant incident) to being admired for putting himself out there by posting.
woman shouldn't have to do that here.
10/20/2011 3:35pm
Ever heard of freedom of speech? People talk sh*t about everyone whether it is the president, celebrities, athletes, or people as plain as you and me. Get over it. It's life. This is a message board. Whoop-d-do.
EastFlorida
10/20/2011 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2011 3:39pm
^^ Freedom of speech does not apply on a privately owned internet forum. GuyB is the decision maker on what stays and goes. Sometimes I agree with him, and sometimes I don't. If I don't like it , I must move on...
10/20/2011 3:46pm
^^ Freedom of speech does not apply on a privately owned internet forum. GuyB is the decision maker on what stays and goes. Sometimes I agree...
^^ Freedom of speech does not apply on a privately owned internet forum. GuyB is the decision maker on what stays and goes. Sometimes I agree with him, and sometimes I don't. If I don't like it , I must move on...
Obviously I know that. It's the principle.
pilotdude
10/20/2011 3:49pm
^^ Freedom of speech does not apply on a privately owned internet forum. GuyB is the decision maker on what stays and goes. Sometimes I agree...
Obviously I know that. It's the principle.
Personally I like the principle of private property rights. It gives the owners the power to get rid of scumbags who need to be gotten rid of.
10/20/2011 3:51pm
I think this post will change the Internet forever.
flarider
10/20/2011 3:54pm
bish153 wrote:
Just a quick question, what if (and this is total hypothetical) a riders wife speaks out publicly against another rider or any one associated with the...
Just a quick question, what if (and this is total hypothetical) a riders wife speaks out publicly against another rider or any one associated with the sport in a negative way? ( via twitter or any public social network) Is she then subject to these behaviors?
A legitimate question.
If the GF/Spouse is going to go public on FaceTwitterBook, then don't they by default become an eligible conversational target, especially if they say something stupid or mean-spirited?
machine
10/20/2011 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2011 3:57pm
No doubt, people will think twice before posting from now on........Grinning

Especially with peely running the show.
cloverdale
10/20/2011 4:02pm
First, I call Indy home and have a chance to meet some of the Indy racers during the year (a number of the guys have homes in the Zionsville area...and yes I have a bias because I have talked to them and know they are human). Last Sunday we had probably the worst Indy car wreck in the history of the sport (a no brainer). Some one beat me to the board and stated we need to pray for the 15 drivers involved in the 225 mile/hr crash...sure enough he was bad mouthed because the racers (guys who risk their life just like MX racers) had 4 wheels instead of two wheels. I understand most of the people on this board are hear simply because they enjoy controversy...I accept this reality. HOWEVER, I will take a stand and state that asking for a prayer should be off limits - can we all least agree on this?
stangkag
10/20/2011 4:11pm
cloverdale wrote:
First, I call Indy home and have a chance to meet some of the Indy racers during the year (a number of the guys have homes...
First, I call Indy home and have a chance to meet some of the Indy racers during the year (a number of the guys have homes in the Zionsville area...and yes I have a bias because I have talked to them and know they are human). Last Sunday we had probably the worst Indy car wreck in the history of the sport (a no brainer). Some one beat me to the board and stated we need to pray for the 15 drivers involved in the 225 mile/hr crash...sure enough he was bad mouthed because the racers (guys who risk their life just like MX racers) had 4 wheels instead of two wheels. I understand most of the people on this board are hear simply because they enjoy controversy...I accept this reality. HOWEVER, I will take a stand and state that asking for a prayer should be off limits - can we all least agree on this?
There are those special people who feel the need to bash ANY and EVERY post, no matter the subject so good luck!
peelout
10/20/2011 4:14pm
machine wrote:

only a matter of time, bro.

watch your back
Premixed
10/20/2011 4:14pm
cloverdale wrote:
First, I call Indy home and have a chance to meet some of the Indy racers during the year (a number of the guys have homes...
i dont understand why anyone would want to talk about someone's wife as if it were an interesting topic.

i can think of 100 better things to talk about:

100. $9.99 20 packs of miller lite (limit 2 per purchase)
99. boxers or briefs
98. anything from On Any Sunday
97. strawberry scented two stroke pre mix (it exists)

ask yourself, what would Charlton Heston do? would Charlton sit on the internet and cackle and gossip about women? no.

so, in short, its not "decency" that is needed, its being a f*cking man.
machine
10/20/2011 4:15pm
machine wrote:

peelout wrote:

watch your back
Great, i'm already on the shit list.
Outsider
10/20/2011 4:35pm
peelout wrote:

watch your back
No doubt... anybody with the name Peelout had gotta be a certified badass... prolly kick the shit outta Chuck Norris too.
dkg
10/20/2011 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2011 5:40pm
bish153 wrote:
Just a quick question, what if (and this is total hypothetical) a riders wife speaks out publicly against another rider or any one associated with the...
Personal opinion is that postings related to that hypothetical comment are fair game. I was addressing the random character assassinations that seem all too frequent. And yes I think prayer requests should be covered too. Just my 2 cents.
stackman17
10/20/2011 6:39pm
I amazed at how good topics go south so quickly. It only takes on or two negative posts and then it is pile on time. I personally attempt to avoid posting negatively toward anyone. I may disagree, but I do not feel inclined to add the insult at the end. I am a big boy and if someone posts negatively toward me, I ignore it and do not fuel to the fire.
fader418
10/20/2011 6:47pm
dkg wrote:
To often any number of posts go on the personal attack of Rider's wifes, girlfriends and family. These posts always seem to sink to the gutter...
To often any number of posts go on the personal attack of Rider's wifes, girlfriends and family. These posts always seem to sink to the gutter or below. Frankly, I'd like to make a call for deceny and agreement that such posts be deleted or removed as seen fit by the moderators. The behavior of those associated with the sport should be fair game, on the other hand, disparging comments about individuals having nothing to do with the sport other than their association with a Rider should be off limits. These individuals have no way of defending themselves, nor have they chosen to be the matter of public scrutiny. You can just imagine the response such an individual would get if they chose to come on the board and defend themselves. Frankly these types of comments reflect just as negatively on the poster as they do on the person being commented about.

So, if you agree, let me know; those that disagree flame on, I have my asbestos underwear close at hand.
I agree....and I wish I could wake up tomorrow and it would be January 7th 2012!
stackman17
10/20/2011 6:58pm
Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy some of the member cat fighting, you especially. I simply choose not to participate. Call me a lurker.
Coyote
10/20/2011 7:02pm
bish153 wrote:
dkg wrote:
Personal opinion is that postings related to that hypothetical comment are fair game. I was addressing the random character assassinations that seem all too frequent. And...
Personal opinion is that postings related to that hypothetical comment are fair game. I was addressing the random character assassinations that seem all too frequent. And yes I think prayer requests should be covered too. Just my 2 cents.
at first I thought this was a spoof for protecting Bob because there is going to be some Alessi bashing this year for sure, it's already started.lmao. No he didn't flip off RD but pointed a finger at him, wtf?? Bob is still sleeping with Alessi and can't wait for the fire to start this year as far as your intent with column goes, great, let Guy boot as he sees fit.
stangkag
10/20/2011 7:49pm
peelout wrote:

watch your back
Outsider wrote:
No doubt... anybody with the name Peelout had gotta be a certified badass... prolly kick the shit outta Chuck Norris too.
Like a Honey Badger!!!
smeg
10/20/2011 8:08pm
cloverdale wrote:
"HOWEVER, I will take a stand and state that asking for a prayer should be off limits - can we all least agree on this? "

That would be a resounding NO. I am a "devout" atheist. I think the concept of a god and the whole religion thing is quite absurd really. I say this not to inflame anyone but to make the point that although I think it's silly plenty of people find solace in believing. If someone want others to "help" by praying so be it. I don't have to pray but I can, at the very least respect the fact that some people find comfort(?) in their beliefs.

Post a reply to: Call for Decency

The Latest