California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

Holigan
Edited Date/Time 12/28/2021 8:59pm
Yahoo link

It won't be much longer before bikes are included if the current regime stays in control of CA.
|
sandhills
10/11/2021 7:49am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2021 7:54am
At least like decent shower heads we can still just go to Oregon and buy them.

The drastic action has already arrived for dirt bikes and it's still playing out. Sale is not banned but they're not registerable for riding on public lands. For those in Texas who might not be familiar with what those words mean, public land is sort of like a park but way bigger (huge) that we can camp, fish, or ride dirt bikes on. Like imagine a private ranch but instead of being trespassing you're allowed to go on it.
Jardo
Fantasy
2080th
10/11/2021 7:59am
Thank you Newsom for going after the major issues California feces, I mean faces. Small Engines are obviously the biggest source of pollution. Lets stop wasting our time and resources with forest management and focus on whats really hurting our environment. Also, we need to follow the lead of more progressive places, like China.SillySillySilly
DGE.532
10/11/2021 8:05am
sandhills wrote:
At least like decent shower heads we can still just go to Oregon and buy them. The drastic action has already arrived for dirt bikes and...
At least like decent shower heads we can still just go to Oregon and buy them.

The drastic action has already arrived for dirt bikes and it's still playing out. Sale is not banned but they're not registerable for riding on public lands. For those in Texas who might not be familiar with what those words mean, public land is sort of like a park but way bigger (huge) that we can camp, fish, or ride dirt bikes on. Like imagine a private ranch but instead of being trespassing you're allowed to go on it.
Exactly, for you poor California boys who think you got it so terrible and think these red states are some shining bastion of freedom, reference the post from the guy lookin for somewhere to ride in Texas. I've lived in the Midwest most of my 51 years, and it SUCKS for anywhere to go riding since before Saddleback shut down. Get a clue
Johnny Ringo
10/11/2021 8:09am
Soon we’ll be relegated to mowing our virtual lawn and riding our virtual bikes from our couches

The Shop

Motoxdoc
10/11/2021 8:14am
Some states live in the past, don’t give a shit about the environment or making progress; They disenfranchise, alienate and oppress certain demographics with percussion. Then you have California.
Motoxdoc
10/11/2021 8:16am
Some states live in the past, don’t give a shit about the environment or making progress; They disenfranchise, alienate and oppress certain demographics with percussion. Then you have California.
kb228
10/11/2021 8:22am
Banning lawn mowers in 1 state does so much to offset the impact that asia is having on our planet.

Good job california.
dkurtd
10/11/2021 8:30am
I thought all the grass died from the drought and all the trees burned in the fires, so no need for a lawnmower or chainsaw.

On a serious note, how long before they start a disposal fee tax on batteries you buy at your local store? I see you walking into Lowes and wanting a replacement battery for your electric lawnmower and the taxes on the battery will be more than the battery itself. How else will the state collect revenue to environmentally dispose of them. Plus, they will need a way to recoup some of the lost gas tax money.
TR72Moto
10/11/2021 8:38am
Oh don't worry about our lost gas tax revenue, Newsom already has that handled with his proposed mileage tax. He wants to tax us for the miles we drive, fun times in Cali
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
10/11/2021 8:43am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2021 6:27pm
Having lived California for nearly my entire life, and escaping the lunacy that is the government there, how does anyone look at Newsom and think, “Wow, he is absolutely killing it for the people of California. The quality of life has improved so much with him pulling the strings.”?
JM485
10/11/2021 8:47am
Motoxdoc wrote:
Some states live in the past, don’t give a shit about the environment or making progress; They disenfranchise, alienate and oppress certain demographics with percussion. Then...
Can you please, please find me a report that puts the pollution of small gas lawn equipment in context with the pollution of cars, factories, forest fires, and other sources that California faces? Or maybe one that explains how our already taxed grid will be able to handle the increased load from charging all of these electric powered devices?

I get it, we all want to reduce emissions, but just blindly putting sweeping policies out that are completely outside the realm of feasibility for political leverage isn’t helping anyone or making progress. You know who this is going to hurt? The poor, minorities, and small businesses. You know who isn’t going to give a shit? The rich and “privileged”.
SonofThor32
10/11/2021 8:49am
JJO741 wrote:
Having lived California for nearly my entire life, and escaping the lunacy that is the government there, how does anyone look at Newsom and think, “Wow...
Having lived California for nearly my entire life, and escaping the lunacy that is the government there, how does anyone look at Newsom and think, “Wow, he is absolutely killing it for the people of California. The quality of life has improved so much with him pulling the strings.”?
Misery loves company. This is not a CA thing, it is a west coast thing.
sandhills
10/11/2021 9:00am
A lot of people are confusing this for a global emission measure, like related to global warming or global pollution.

This is an air quality measure to do with ground level ROG that causes ground level ozone which impacts air quality locally. China's pollution is not what causes ground level ozone in California, fuel vapors from gas cans, small engine evaporative emissions, and small engine exhaust does.

Don't get me wrong, I don't support the measure, but don't get it twisted like you think the logic is flawed when you don't even understand the logic in the first place.
10/11/2021 9:29am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2021 9:29am
JJO741 wrote:
Having lived California for nearly my entire life, and escaping the lunacy that is the government there, how does anyone look at Newsom and think, “Wow...
California has a 13% capital gains tax. You have to either be incredibly stupid, incredibly guilt-ridden or just a plain old moron to subject yourself to that kind of taxation; taxation that is now going to pay for women's menstrual pads.

What I want to know is who is going to pay for menstrual pads for transgender folks?
TeamGreen
10/11/2021 9:45am
Jardo wrote:
Thank you Newsom for going after the major issues California feces, I mean faces. Small Engines are obviously the biggest source of pollution. Lets stop wasting...
Thank you Newsom for going after the major issues California feces, I mean faces. Small Engines are obviously the biggest source of pollution. Lets stop wasting our time and resources with forest management and focus on whats really hurting our environment. Also, we need to follow the lead of more progressive places, like China.SillySillySilly
That's funny...and sad...because of the fact that our home state IS that ridiculous.
10/11/2021 9:46am
On 9-9 I left Compton east of Barstow there was 80 mph winds hail and heavy rain. How will they do storm cleanup with trees down everywhere when there is no electricity for the chain saws. The men battle with large gas powered chainsaws to get the job done. Since 1953 the ss badger a coal burning ship has run from manitowoc Wi. To Ludington Mi. A car, semi ferry ship. They tried to shut it down we voted to keep it in service. It’s one of the coolest ways to travel in America. What a difference in states.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
10/11/2021 9:48am
Motoxdoc wrote:
Some states live in the past, don’t give a shit about the environment or making progress; They disenfranchise, alienate and oppress certain demographics with percussion. Then...
JM485 wrote:
Can you please, please find me a report that puts the pollution of small gas lawn equipment in context with the pollution of cars, factories, forest...
Can you please, please find me a report that puts the pollution of small gas lawn equipment in context with the pollution of cars, factories, forest fires, and other sources that California faces? Or maybe one that explains how our already taxed grid will be able to handle the increased load from charging all of these electric powered devices?

I get it, we all want to reduce emissions, but just blindly putting sweeping policies out that are completely outside the realm of feasibility for political leverage isn’t helping anyone or making progress. You know who this is going to hurt? The poor, minorities, and small businesses. You know who isn’t going to give a shit? The rich and “privileged”.

mxracer828
10/11/2021 9:51am
I left California 2 months ago and moved to arizona. Best thing I ever did for my wife and kids. Kids are in school full time,no masks,and no one even mentions the word covid here. Everyone just does there thing and people actually acknowledge each other. I feel bad for all you parents that have kids there and newsom is making all kids get vaxxed which is bullshit especially when his kids are not! Enjoy cali people.
Zycki11
10/11/2021 9:54am
Motoxdoc wrote:
Do you honestly think that is a wise choice? Keep farming all of those batteries which takes more fossil fuel and makes a massive difference when they are mined. Followed by the actual disposal of them. Per usual, ass backwards thinking by politicians. People look about 1 inch down the road and think it’s a good change. California continues to alienate themselves with this type of crap.
RalphS
10/11/2021 10:07am
Yeah commiefornia does it again, even Elon Musk left. You fellas really need to man up. I agree with plenty of the critics but to just blast CA only shows your own limitations and fears. In CA they must now a thing or two don't ya think ? I mean it's not Mississippi or South Dakota we're talking about.
TXDirt
10/11/2021 10:15am
It only took 18 months of PPE gear related to Covid (masks, gloves, hand sanitizer bottles, etc etc) to eclipse that last 25 years of plastic bag recycling and plastic straw recycling.

Paper straws….pppffftttt
Titan1
10/11/2021 10:33am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2021 1:43pm
I honestly have no idea how Californian's didn't recall that dude...good grief california is a royal disaster!

The line of U-hauls and businesses leaving that state ought to be enough evidence that things arent going the right direction.
Titan1
10/11/2021 10:37am
Oh...and if anyone that leaves CA and plans to come to Utah...just know Utah is a better place to live BECAUSE of how our politicians run the state...so PLEASE...don't move here, and keep voting for the type of morons that ruined CA...IF you can't change how you vote, please keep driving to CO...
philG
10/11/2021 11:19am
Who votes for these fucking idiots.

Does this mean they will have to use battery operated machines to clean up the shit off the streets?

Fair play to those leaving , but just like here in the UK, what you dont need is people trying to turn it into the same shithole you just left.

10/11/2021 11:43am
Motoxdoc wrote:
Lib Turd comment of the day! Is this Matthes burner account?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/11/2021 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2021 12:17pm
Titan1 wrote:
I honestly have no idea how Californian's didn't recall that dude...good grief california is a royal disaster! The line of U-hauls and businesses leaving that state...
I honestly have no idea how Californian's didn't recall that dude...good grief california is a royal disaster!

The line of U-hauls and businesses leaving that state ought to be enough evidence that things arent going the right direction.
We don’t understand it either. For every 10 people I know, 8-9 voted yes on recall.

I actually just took the time to add up everyone that voted for another candidate to compare it to yes/no votes. Something is off….

Edit: if you voted in person on the machine, the other candidates didn’t pop up unless you voted yes for recall.
10/11/2021 12:18pm
Titan1 wrote:
Oh...and if anyone that leaves CA and plans to come to Utah...just know Utah is a better place to live BECAUSE of how our politicians run...
Oh...and if anyone that leaves CA and plans to come to Utah...just know Utah is a better place to live BECAUSE of how our politicians run the state...so PLEASE...don't move here, and keep voting for the type of morons that ruined CA...IF you can't change how you vote, please keep driving to CO...
Exactly !!!! So Much Truth Here
SCC
10/11/2021 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2021 12:50pm
Just get the Astro turf fake grass and fake palm trees. Best move I made. Got rid of all my lawn care equipment. House has never looked better and I never lift a finger for upkeep.
Zycki11
10/11/2021 12:59pm
Ah, my favourite, the monthly 'california is a shit hole' thread.
Because it is

Post a reply to: California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

The Latest