California Red sticker program ending

oldblood
9/2/2018 1:45pm
oldblood wrote:
The lefts end game is to not have any dirt bikes riding in forest lands, or anywhere, or for people to live outside of urban areas...
The lefts end game is to not have any dirt bikes riding in forest lands, or anywhere, or for people to live outside of urban areas.
Dirt bikes of any kind don't fit anywhere in their long term vision.
It's just a step by step process of control. Give the voters their weed and citizenship, get reelected, and continue toward the goal.
Originally part of the green sticker money was for opening new riding areas, but instead they reduced them and hired a bunch of park employees and administrators.
oldblood
9/2/2018 9:55pm
So you guys are just going to accept this.
I mean no fight, or resistance whatsoever?
oldblood
9/2/2018 9:58pm
Whatever happened to the land of the free, and home of the brave?
Wintyfresh
6/29/2021 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2021 1:51pm
Looks like it has started.

The Shop

MontesaMan
6/29/2021 2:13pm
DaveJ wrote:
One more thing... I'm really surprised that there wasn't a class action law suit against California. Not sure how they can legally collect registration fees on...
One more thing...

I'm really surprised that there wasn't a class action law suit against California.

Not sure how they can legally collect registration fees on a vehicle and then tell you that you can't ride it.

By comparison, when you have a track-only car, you don't pay registration on it. Even when used in a government owner park.

Seems like every red sticker bike owner should get a refund for each month, on each bike, over the many years, we were not allowed to ride those bikes.
dmoore611
6/29/2021 2:55pm
If reading correctly, in 2025 a bike is either green sticker eligible or it isn’t. Making it closed course only (tracks). This will finalize their original...
If reading correctly, in 2025 a bike is either green sticker eligible or it isn’t. Making it closed course only (tracks). This will finalize their original goal in 1997 of eliminating new 2 strokes from California public lands. It just took them 28 years to accomplish.

Here’s 1 issue, technically to transport an off highway vehicle in California, in your truck/van/etc. it must have a green/red sticker.

I discussed this with the rangers at Hangtown. They reiterated what you wrote regarding transportation. Which I thought was BS, albeit true BS. I asked them why they allow a National at the park and don’t require those bikes to be stickered. Their answer was the trailer it was hauled in was registered. So you can still transport an illegal bike in an enclosed, legally registered trailer. Fucking idiots!
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/29/2021 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2021 4:12pm
^The real reason is that there must be probable cause to arrest someone and force him to open his trailer. Too much work and too much potential for downside for them to try that on a race rig's fully enclosed, locked trailer. It's still technically illegal to transport a non-registered vehicle anywhere on a California public road.

Now, for a working-class stiff like you and me, transporting a bike in the back of a truck? Yeah, they'll pop you.

I was driving my friend's bike in the back of my truck once. He had let the registration expire. When I pulled through an inspection station, the resident CHP at that location cited me for transporting an expired vehicle. I am not making this shit up.

Nowadays, I just ride places where they don't usually have rangers. I don't bother to put my red stickers on the bikes at all, and I've never been hassled in the places I go. A lot of it has to do with how I ride when I'm near camps or people, and also how fast (slow) I drive my clean, little truck when I'm hauling the bikes. Also, I never go near that inspection station anymore. Grinning
GabeM
6/29/2021 4:39pm
Falcon wrote:
^The real reason is that there must be probable cause to arrest someone and force him to open his trailer. Too much work and too much...
^The real reason is that there must be probable cause to arrest someone and force him to open his trailer. Too much work and too much potential for downside for them to try that on a race rig's fully enclosed, locked trailer. It's still technically illegal to transport a non-registered vehicle anywhere on a California public road.

Now, for a working-class stiff like you and me, transporting a bike in the back of a truck? Yeah, they'll pop you.

I was driving my friend's bike in the back of my truck once. He had let the registration expire. When I pulled through an inspection station, the resident CHP at that location cited me for transporting an expired vehicle. I am not making this shit up.

Nowadays, I just ride places where they don't usually have rangers. I don't bother to put my red stickers on the bikes at all, and I've never been hassled in the places I go. A lot of it has to do with how I ride when I'm near camps or people, and also how fast (slow) I drive my clean, little truck when I'm hauling the bikes. Also, I never go near that inspection station anymore. Grinning
Wow, and they wonder
sandhills
6/29/2021 9:30pm
CVC38088 covers the issuance of transportation permits for race bikes that cannot be registered.

It was previously only supposed to be applicable to factory bikes without VINs etc. but we may be in a limbo period now until sb227 passes where anyone who buys a 2022 noncompliant bike can receive a transportation permit since those bikes cannot currently be registered.

If sb227 passes as written today the situation will be hilariously worse, registration will be mandatory for transportation AND it will have extra fees AND it will allow no public land access. Truly the worst of all worlds. I think more changes will come though, that scenario would only breed noncompliance and nonpayment and the CHP won't like that idea.
Yeti831
6/30/2021 12:24am
Sweet Christ, fuck everything about that place. So glad I left.

The sad part is there are people here who aren’t shy about supporting the cocksuckers responsible for all this.

To you, when it’s something that affects you that you truly care about… remember why nobody defended you and watched you suffer your loss. Because you deserve it the most.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/30/2021 9:13am
From a political climate stance, I hate this state. I'm only staying so I can reap the rewards of the ridiculous property value appreciation. I'm going to retire, sell and move someday.
byke
6/30/2021 9:19am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2021 9:20am
Some friends left CA to go to AZ because they said they care about rights, but they're silent as a mouse at the checkpoints looking for mexicans. And they're silent about it because they like it. There's no philosophical consistency anymore, just certain dumb things some dumb people like and then there's other dumb things other dumb people like. To be happy, you just have to move somewhere that the local dumb matches your dumb, but don't kid yourself, none of it is actually good.
Titan1
6/30/2021 9:33am
Falcon wrote:
From a political climate stance, I hate this state. I'm only staying so I can reap the rewards of the ridiculous property value appreciation. I'm going...
From a political climate stance, I hate this state. I'm only staying so I can reap the rewards of the ridiculous property value appreciation. I'm going to retire, sell and move someday.
If the population keeps declining how much more property appreciation can you realize? Demand for housing won't be there...

And if you haven't already, when you move, don't vote for the same kind of people that are driving CA into the ground....
kingmcgrath
Fantasy
2nd
6/30/2021 9:46am
I'm moving to southern California later this year, expecting to spend ~2 years there. I have a KLX 250S - should I just not even bother trying to bring it with me? Will I be able to get it plated there? It is not necessarily stock...
endurox
6/30/2021 10:05am
The Alta would have avoided this issue. More people will register their bikes in Montana and avoid sales tax. Just a small fee for the paperwork.
DaveJ
6/30/2021 10:08am
A lot of people are having great success with this.

https://www.dirtlegal.com/

I have a new, fully plated CRF450RX in my shop at the moment.

byke
6/30/2021 10:12am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2021 10:13am
I'm moving to southern California later this year, expecting to spend ~2 years there. I have a KLX 250S - should I just not even bother...
I'm moving to southern California later this year, expecting to spend ~2 years there. I have a KLX 250S - should I just not even bother trying to bring it with me? Will I be able to get it plated there? It is not necessarily stock...
They won't check equipment at the DMV, but they will want to see an emissions label and make sure the frame/engine numbers match up to the title. Been a while since I've imported into CA, but the general rule is that it needs to have an emissions label and more than 7500 miles, but I *think* that if it's CARB approved, then the 7500 mile rule doesn't apply. Check your emissions label to see if it meets CA emissions.

I'd bring it, even if I had to buy an ODO with 7500+ miles and swap it out. Freeways down there can be terrible and the ability to split would be worth its weight in gold.

It looks like at least an '06 was g2g...

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/default/files/classic//msprog/onroad/cert/…
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
6/30/2021 11:16am
Falcon wrote:
From a political climate stance, I hate this state. I'm only staying so I can reap the rewards of the ridiculous property value appreciation. I'm going...
Titan1 wrote:
If the population keeps declining how much more property appreciation can you realize? Demand for housing won't be there... And if you haven't already, when you...
If the population keeps declining how much more property appreciation can you realize? Demand for housing won't be there...

And if you haven't already, when you move, don't vote for the same kind of people that are driving CA into the ground....
I wouldn't count on a sustained population decline in California. 2020 was a weird year. COVID caused deaths (that decreased population) and prevented people from moving there from other countries. And as far as real estate prices go, even if the population stays somewhat flat over the next decade, there is still not enough real estate inventory. So there is little reason to expect prices to fall any time soon.
Wintyfresh
6/30/2021 11:47am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2021 11:55am
DaveJ wrote:
A lot of people are having great success with this.

https://www.dirtlegal.com/

I have a new, fully plated CRF450RX in my shop at the moment.

Um, is this just getting a South Dakota plate? Cuz there's no need to spend $299 on that, the Title Application, Tax Verification Form, and Offroad Affidavit are all online and they make the process super easy (they'll even call or email you for payment). The newest off-road affidavit is also no longer required to be notarized. If anyone needs help feel free to message me.

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/30/2021 11:57am
Falcon wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
If the population keeps declining how much more property appreciation can you realize? Demand for housing won't be there... And if you haven't already, when you...

RichieW13 wrote:
I wouldn't count on a sustained population decline in California. 2020 was a weird year. COVID caused deaths (that decreased population) and prevented people from moving...
I wouldn't count on a sustained population decline in California. 2020 was a weird year. COVID caused deaths (that decreased population) and prevented people from moving there from other countries. And as far as real estate prices go, even if the population stays somewhat flat over the next decade, there is still not enough real estate inventory. So there is little reason to expect prices to fall any time soon.
Yeah, this is what I was thinking. There will be hiccups and drops, of course, but the long range trend in CA is always upward. It goes from "Ridiculously High," to "Beyond Ridiculous."

And I've never voted for anyone currently in office in CA, BTW. Nor anyone like them.

Post a reply to: California Red sticker program ending

The Latest