California OHV fund money grab

yzrider53
7/13/2016 5:28pm
Our beautiful but f'd up state is trying to merge the self sufficient OHV program with the money deficient state parks system, which is not good...Anyways, just doing my part.

Here's a link where any Californian can send an email and voice their thoughts...Please read it...
http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0420e790043106a43c127c0a8&id=e8e1d5…

Edit..Sorry if this has already been posted
|
Jmicmoto13
7/13/2016 5:35pm
yzrider53 wrote:
Our beautiful but f'd up state is trying to merge the self sufficient OHV program with the money deficient state parks system, which is not good...Anyways...
Our beautiful but f'd up state is trying to merge the self sufficient OHV program with the money deficient state parks system, which is not good...Anyways, just doing my part.

Here's a link where any Californian can send an email and voice their thoughts...Please read it...
http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0420e790043106a43c127c0a8&id=e8e1d5…

Edit..Sorry if this has already been posted
Will do. Thank you for posting this. I think people need to be more proactive concerning things we care about.
KirkChandler
7/13/2016 5:48pm
Email sent. More money grabbing from the scum in Sacramento.
endurox
7/13/2016 6:11pm
People's republic of Cali will do what they want. Got out of that worthless state a decade ago. My insurance went down 62% and now can ride my plated 2 stroke on 11800 miles of trails in my state.
7/13/2016 6:24pm
I left in 1990 and there is not enough money in the world to make me live there again. But the weather is really nice...

The Shop

Hallzilla
7/13/2016 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 6:35pm
endurox wrote:
People's republic of Cali will do what they want. Got out of that worthless state a decade ago. My insurance went down 62% and now can...
People's republic of Cali will do what they want. Got out of that worthless state a decade ago. My insurance went down 62% and now can ride my plated 2 stroke on 11800 miles of trails in my state.
Props for keeping it Douchey.

Do you know why your state stopped having beauty pageants ?

Cause no one wanted to be Miss I DA HO.

Ha
motogrady
7/13/2016 7:28pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 7:29pm
Effin just the way they do business.
Government that is.

Here in Morgantown they tried for years to get a permanent tax levy for anyone who worked or lived in the City Limits.
3 dollars a week, every week of the year, to help with the roads in the City.
Well, they finally got it passed last Fall.
Funny, in the fine print of the law, any monies received by The City deemed over and above what they need to keep the roads in good shape would be diverted to the City Police, Fire Department, or any organization deemed worthy
by the head of the Roads Dept.

2 months ago, before any road was improved with those funds that were just coming in, the Police Chief was on the radio, discussing what he was going to do with his Departments share.

Before any road was improved, before the money was even in the bank, they already are spending it on whatever they want.

It ain't just Kal I for ni a, it's just Government, and it's everywhere.

Remember the series on HBO, Deadwood?

There was a whorechaser, a murderer, a conniving company man that ended up hanging himself.
A few days before he did himself in, he uttered a great line.
Something along the line of I have been a sinner, and done many a terrible thing, and expect no quarter when I meet my maker. But, in my defense, I have never been a Government Worker.
7/13/2016 8:17pm
Happened before in the 1980's, it would surprise me if assclown Brown (1975-1983) wasn't the governor at the time.
Ted722
7/13/2016 9:45pm
But Moonbeam's 2016-17 budget said they were going to take care of the OHV program:

The Governor’s 2016-17 proposed Budget includes a repayment of $112 million from the Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Trust Fund, and a one-time transfer of $31 million of fuel tax revenues currently in the OHV Trust Fund to the State Parks and Recreation Fund in order to maintain service levels across the State Parks system.
JM485
7/13/2016 9:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 9:55pm
I'm so sick of these clowns doing whatever they damn well please and giving us the shaft. I made it clear in my email that anyone involved in this won't even be on my radar come election time, hopefully they get the message.

Moto810
7/13/2016 10:54pm
At this point it does not matter if they merge or not. What you may not know is that for years the state of CA has been taking the OHV money and funds from the OHV parks directly. I once read an interview from the head of the OHV and he said it very directly. It is a similar situation as the gov borrowing money from the Social Security Fund yet they never pay it back.
Cancerman
7/13/2016 11:21pm
I am originally from Southern Cal. I moved in the early 90's out of Cali. I've been riding since the 60's. Back then, when they started the Green sticker program, they were transferring funds right from the start. The green sticker / ORV program was the saving grace for many years, never repaid, to my knowledge. Don't get me started about California politics.
kkawboy14
7/14/2016 7:09am
Trump will sell a bunch of public land to generate cash, then you guys will be able to ride everywhere
Tpog496
7/14/2016 7:13am
endurox wrote:
People's republic of Cali will do what they want. Got out of that worthless state a decade ago. My insurance went down 62% and now can...
Hallzilla wrote:
Props for keeping it Douchey. Do you know why your state stopped having beauty pageants ? Cause no one wanted to be Miss I DA HO...
Props for keeping it Douchey.

Do you know why your state stopped having beauty pageants ?

Cause no one wanted to be Miss I DA HO.

Ha
Haven't heard that one since middle school.
7/14/2016 10:11am
In Northern Virginia a few years back, county leaders said they needed money so they just drew up a new tax district and started collecting from auto repairs.
The public said don't do it, as did the lawyers. They did it anyway.
When it finally went to court the court said "Um, no...you can't just create your own tax district. You don't have authority."
They were supposed to go back and refund everybody but I don't know how that went.
7/14/2016 11:30am
The government if California is such a corrupt collection of criminals and human garbage. That state should be swimming in excess funds, but corruption, the effects of illegal immigration and the resulting crime, and hair-brained "public service" money theft has destroyed the state, probably irreparably. I won't get political by pointing fingers at the political ideology that has ruined that state, but you can probably put two and two together (unless you're using common-core math) lol.
Ted722
7/14/2016 11:36am
The government if California is such a corrupt collection of criminals and human garbage. That state should be swimming in excess funds, but corruption, the effects...
The government if California is such a corrupt collection of criminals and human garbage. That state should be swimming in excess funds, but corruption, the effects of illegal immigration and the resulting crime, and hair-brained "public service" money theft has destroyed the state, probably irreparably. I won't get political by pointing fingers at the political ideology that has ruined that state, but you can probably put two and two together (unless you're using common-core math) lol.
Hey, but we've got a balanced budget...so at least we got that going for us:

Although its 2014-15 budget was balanced, California’s state government ended the fiscal year $175.1 billion in the red, thanks largely to state retirement obligations that had to be included in its balance sheet for the first time.
Gravel
7/14/2016 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/14/2016 12:38pm
I say let them take it. The more involved the state becomes, the worse it gets for trail access. The bulk of OHV money is spent on closing trails and buying bikes and RVs for cops to use for enforcement.

This is a repeat of the fund robbery in the 90s, when that got "fixed" and the money went to OHV projects the riding in my area went all to hell...

It's the same as if the state took boat registration money and used it to drain all the lakes...
Ted722
7/14/2016 12:42pm
Gravel wrote:
I say let them take it. The more involved the state becomes, the worse it gets for trail access. The bulk of OHV money is spent...
I say let them take it. The more involved the state becomes, the worse it gets for trail access. The bulk of OHV money is spent on closing trails and buying bikes and RVs for cops to use for enforcement.

This is a repeat of the fund robbery in the 90s, when that got "fixed" and the money went to OHV projects the riding in my area went all to hell...

It's the same as if the state took boat registration money and used it to drain all the lakes...
Taking the boat to Lake Tahoe next week...don't get me started.
7/14/2016 1:05pm
The government if California is such a corrupt collection of criminals and human garbage. That state should be swimming in excess funds, but corruption, the effects...
Look for Gavin Newsome and the San Francisco syndicate to continue the status quo.

California has around $300 billion in unfunded public employee pension debt up from about $70 billion ten years ago.

A few months ago Brown stain announced his balanced budget, the largest ever. And shortly afterwards a couple different plans to raise money for road repair was pitched. Before the new budget is implemented it is now something like $1 Billion short. In the most recent quarterly carbon auction only 12% of expected credits were sold and only 5% of expected revenue was raised, I believe $250 million short for the quarter.I don't think there was a news conference for that.
Meanwhile Los Angeles County is looking to Sacramento for legislation to allow county imposed income tax. Do you think LA County Board of Supes would be interested in a flat tax equal for all. They are already pursuing a " millionaire's" tax in the name of raising money for the homeless.
Moto810
7/14/2016 2:30pm
Look for Gavin Newsome and the San Francisco syndicate to continue the status quo. California has around $300 billion in unfunded public employee pension debt up...
Look for Gavin Newsome and the San Francisco syndicate to continue the status quo.

California has around $300 billion in unfunded public employee pension debt up from about $70 billion ten years ago.

A few months ago Brown stain announced his balanced budget, the largest ever. And shortly afterwards a couple different plans to raise money for road repair was pitched. Before the new budget is implemented it is now something like $1 Billion short. In the most recent quarterly carbon auction only 12% of expected credits were sold and only 5% of expected revenue was raised, I believe $250 million short for the quarter.I don't think there was a news conference for that.
Meanwhile Los Angeles County is looking to Sacramento for legislation to allow county imposed income tax. Do you think LA County Board of Supes would be interested in a flat tax equal for all. They are already pursuing a " millionaire's" tax in the name of raising money for the homeless.
Good to see someone is keeping up with things! LA does want a tax on the rich! We all know most average people don't mind voting for a tax as long as someone else has to pay it! However when you vote for a tax on other people sooner or later those other people will leave! What will CA look like then?
7/14/2016 2:40pm
Ted722 wrote:
Hey, but we've got a balanced budget...so at least we got that going for us: Although its 2014-15 budget was balanced, California’s state government ended the...

Although its 2014-15 budget was balanced, California’s state government ended the fiscal year $175.1 billion in the red, thanks largely to state retirement obligations that had to be included in its balance sheet for the first time.
If a business compiled financial reports omitting unfunded liabilities it would be considered fraud.

Sacramento politicians had to be forced to include this information. As an official separate line item this debt will be easier to track, as long as accounting stays uniform, as it follows the substantial and unsustainable annual increases.

Currently $4,000+ debt for every single person in California for unfunded pension liability's. Doing the math by taxpayer or family it is much higher. Billions more owed on bonds.

Governor Brown continues to push the train. It is possible a Governor Newsome would end the madness but billions will be wasted until and after the project ends. High speed rail "commission" members get a lot of money, massive amount of litigation that taxpayers fund on both ends and eventually politically connected construction company's will get settlements for lost revenue as contracts are delayed and cancelled. Senator Feinstein's husband is involved in a group that has been awarded a nearly $1 billion dollar contract, they will profit even if no work is done.
7/14/2016 3:21pm
Ted722 wrote:
Hey, but we've got a balanced budget...so at least we got that going for us: Although its 2014-15 budget was balanced, California’s state government ended the...

If a business compiled financial reports omitting unfunded liabilities it would be considered fraud. Sacramento politicians had to be forced to include this information. As an...
If a business compiled financial reports omitting unfunded liabilities it would be considered fraud.

Sacramento politicians had to be forced to include this information. As an official separate line item this debt will be easier to track, as long as accounting stays uniform, as it follows the substantial and unsustainable annual increases.

Currently $4,000+ debt for every single person in California for unfunded pension liability's. Doing the math by taxpayer or family it is much higher. Billions more owed on bonds.

Governor Brown continues to push the train. It is possible a Governor Newsome would end the madness but billions will be wasted until and after the project ends. High speed rail "commission" members get a lot of money, massive amount of litigation that taxpayers fund on both ends and eventually politically connected construction company's will get settlements for lost revenue as contracts are delayed and cancelled. Senator Feinstein's husband is involved in a group that has been awarded a nearly $1 billion dollar contract, they will profit even if no work is done.
Ha, if you think that is bad, in NYC at LaGuardia airport, they just built 2 new parking garages. Well, before they started the construction, they knew that one would need to be torn down for the terminal renovation program in the next couple years. They went ahead and built the fucker anyway because they had already signed the contracts. It will never once open for use, just will sit there empty for a year.I imagine the mafia loves shit like that so they can just rape the supplies.
yzrider53
7/15/2016 6:31am
Exactly...It's too bad that more people in Ca don't understand this.
With all the voter "bribing" and the (approaching) 2 generations of indoctrinated voters, it just might be too late...

Post a reply to: California OHV fund money grab

The Latest

The Latest