California Lockdown - Law Enforcement Orders?

WFO
3/21/2020 7:12pm
Social distancing. Go off-road riding,....specifically in Texas. I think we're OK unless we gather for drinks at the bar.
Or, your house could flood and you could stay home and put in all new floors and sheetrock and base moulding and,...and,...and,...
Tuna
keinz
3/22/2020 8:47am
Laughing We had this celebrity online concert campaign going on in the beginning of the week. It was embarrassing. Never heard about them ever since

The Shop

WFO
3/22/2020 9:28am
Anyone making this political is a loser. The virus doesn't pick sides. My buddies are still riding here in Texas and enjoying that part of life.
Kawi15
3/22/2020 10:02am
The measures they are taking are ineffective at best. It would be good to just shut the major news networks off and go live your life. Wear gloves when handling anything public, like a gas pump. Disinfect your grocery cart with wipes. Stay away from people if you are old, or immune system is compromised. If you are young and healthy you probably wont even know that you have it if you somehow contracted it. Stay clean, wear a mask if you must but live. Go do life.
gt80rider
3/22/2020 10:09am
I don't think u would have to force someone to save their own life.... but having older people shelter in place, while providing support to them (delivery of food and meds), would work a hell of a lot better than completely destroying our economy...
EngIceDave
3/22/2020 10:10am
Gloves do not replace hand washing

Unless you are changing gloves every time you touch something, it's a waste

If you're still touching your face with the gloves on, it's the same as no gloves
keinz
3/22/2020 10:12am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2020 10:15am
Kawi15 wrote:
The measures they are taking are ineffective at best. It would be good to just shut the major news networks off and go live your life...
The measures they are taking are ineffective at best. It would be good to just shut the major news networks off and go live your life. Wear gloves when handling anything public, like a gas pump. Disinfect your grocery cart with wipes. Stay away from people if you are old, or immune system is compromised. If you are young and healthy you probably wont even know that you have it if you somehow contracted it. Stay clean, wear a mask if you must but live. Go do life.
Get known with your wife and kids. It can turn out, that they are rather wonderful people.
Or vice versaWink
Tuna
3/22/2020 10:14am
Kawi15 wrote:
The measures they are taking are ineffective at best. It would be good to just shut the major news networks off and go live your life...
My company is pretty much sold out of sanitizer wipes and gloves. Masks are being reserved for healthcare, I get your vibe but it really is not that simple. I have 2 very healthy friends of mine in Spain that have it. I can assure you that they knew they had it. I’d rather feel a little pain now than a wall of pain later because we took action too late.
acr798
3/22/2020 1:49pm
Be great to get out and ride while you can- just don’t wad up..! Not a great time to sit in an emergency room. Some stats— We have over 15k confirmed cases here in NY (showing symptoms warranting testing). 9000 of those cases are between the ages of 18-49. Of those 9k, 1000 are hospitalized. It’s not just effecting the elderly... be safe
Zachintosh
3/22/2020 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2020 2:41pm
Full lockdown coming to CA in the next few days. So, if you want to ride, do it now.
RCF
3/22/2020 2:47pm
acr798 wrote:
Be great to get out and ride while you can- just don’t wad up..! Not a great time to sit in an emergency room. Some stats—...
Be great to get out and ride while you can- just don’t wad up..! Not a great time to sit in an emergency room. Some stats— We have over 15k confirmed cases here in NY (showing symptoms warranting testing). 9000 of those cases are between the ages of 18-49. Of those 9k, 1000 are hospitalized. It’s not just effecting the elderly... be safe
My kid went to Broome to ride today, I couldn't believe there even allowed to be open. He asked me if I wanted to go up with him I said I'll pass.
3/22/2020 3:42pm
EngIceDave wrote:
Gloves do not replace hand washing Unless you are changing gloves every time you touch something, it's a waste If you're still touching your face with...
Gloves do not replace hand washing

Unless you are changing gloves every time you touch something, it's a waste

If you're still touching your face with the gloves on, it's the same as no gloves
The focus on hand washing is possibly counter productive. All the data coming is suggests that respiration is the source of 90% + of infections. People was their hands 3 x an hour but think nothing of walking right by someone while shopping or walking down the street.

The hand washing thing gives people a sense they they are doing something and I feel it results in them being less conscious of their personal air space. Imagine a 12’ diameter sphere around you. Anytime someone else is in that sphere you chances of infection just went way up
Mr. G
3/22/2020 5:08pm
The rules are on the CA website. Me being in construction and under an impossible completion date am currently camping on a construction site so I can work day and night. Sure wish I was 25.
NorcalVet
3/22/2020 7:11pm
I’m at one of those authorized places to be open and it’s been off the hook crazy / looney / to say the least. I’ve never seen customers like this before and extremely panic buying. I’ve worked after earthquakes/ local fires. Our availability changes by the hour and our dsd vendors / our warehouses are doing the best they can to adapt. Cutting down sku’s to focus on quantity.

Here’s what we received a few days ago if needed, I cropped some of it off that shows detailed employer info.

endurox
3/22/2020 7:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2020 7:17pm
I use to live in LA county. During the 93 riots there was 7 pm curfew. Maybe time for a curfew again.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
3/23/2020 1:18am
It's so quiet in los Angeles right now I just heard my neighbors mouse fart. #QuaratineLife #Quarantine
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
3/23/2020 9:09am
I was at Club Moto in Livermore CA yesterday morning riding. There was a decent turnout and everyone was parked 6 feet from each other And abiding by the rules. Apparently at some point after I left the track was told by local officials that they had to close immediately. If anyone was there later in the afternoon maybe they can shed some light on what occurred.

Conversely, I drove by Carnegie OHV yesterday afternoon and it was packed! There were so many people there it looked like the parking lot at an outdoor national.

Post a reply to: California Lockdown - Law Enforcement Orders?

The Latest