California Lockdown - Law Enforcement Orders?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/20/2020 9:23 AM

Are there any CA Law Enforcement Officers who can comment on what enforcement orders they are under?

It has been published that violation of the shelter in place order will be a misdemeanor offense, but they also said no enforcement orders. I can not go to the gym. I can not run any more (ankles). So, I want to load up the KX and go ride...the best exercise I know. By myself.

Should those of us who want to go ride worry about getting hassled?

|

3/20/2020 9:25 AM

Don't crash and injure yourself...

|

3/20/2020 9:26 AM

Let's see...in previous cases like this...oh, wait. There aren't any.

Beats me. All I know is that traffic was really light while I was driving into the office today.

Mostly I came in to check with the crew that's here, pick up a few things that I'll need/can use at home, and head back that direction.

|

3/20/2020 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2020 9:35 AM

newmann wrote:

Don't crash and injure yourself...

That I know. It is going to be really bad in 2-3 weeks. The whole reason for the lock down is not the impact of fatalities, it is the danger of a systemic failure in our hospital systems like they have in Italy, due to the 5% of cases that end up requiring critical care.

|

3/20/2020 9:39 AM

I think C.Worthy answered my question on another thread. I am going riding....

|

3/20/2020 9:41 AM

Idk. But traffic was very light on the Ortega highway this morning at 6am which is rare. Road is a parking lot on week days if you’re not on it before 5am. Our shop is still open and not closing till someone comes and shuts us down. But the trucks did stop delivering lumber today so who knows how long we’ll be open. Haven’t seen any law enforcement enforcing anything yet.

|

3/20/2020 9:44 AM

So far even the governor says he "hopes people will self-enforce." It's not Martial law yet, so I'm going to ride MTB and go outside alone as much as I want until someone tells me not to.
(Then we'll see...)

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/20/2020 10:04 AM

Well nothing I am doing is against the intent of the isolation order, as I will go alone. If I do ride with others, we will drive separately.

|

3/20/2020 10:35 AM

StartedTooLate wrote:

Well nothing I am doing is against the intent of the isolation order, as I will go alone. If I do ride with others, we will drive separately.

And they Will Know if you have a buddy in the back seat! Photo

|

3/20/2020 10:40 AM

SwingHard wrote:

And they Will Know if you have a buddy in the back seat! Photo

That is awesome!!

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

3/20/2020 10:49 AM

I heard something about them allowing a little outdoor exercise. I would suggest not riding at 110% though. Maybe back it down a bit to limit your risk of injury.

|

3/20/2020 10:51 AM

This weekend is looking perfect to get some riding in too, can’t wait!

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

3/20/2020 10:57 AM

Hollister Hills State park is open. No camping, and 6 feet distance.Going tomorrow.

|

3/20/2020 11:17 AM

I’m just going to wear my work shirt everywhere. I shouldn’t get questioned lol

|

3/20/2020 11:40 AM

Newsom specifically said it's not a law enforcement order which my cop neighbor confirmed. If you keep to yourself, it's okay to go riding. Newsom said it's a "social pressure" order, which means it would be really, really cool if you obeyed, I guess.

|

3/20/2020 11:51 AM

Moto Norcal wrote:

Newsom specifically said it's not a law enforcement order which my cop neighbor confirmed. If you keep to yourself, it's okay to go riding. Newsom said it's a "social pressure" order, which means it would be really, really cool if you obeyed, I guess.

For now.

|

3/20/2020 11:51 AM

Go for a hike/walk. Go ride your bike. Go for a walk on the beach, go camping somewhere, just don't congregate with people other than the one(s) you are stuck at home with.

|

3/20/2020 12:02 PM

Again. No one is on lockdown in CA. All non essential business are closed (have to work from home if applicable). No large events. You can still go/do whatever you want. Walk to the park, hike, mountain bike, go camping, go to the stores that are open, order take out, etc. no one is confined to their home.

|

3/20/2020 1:06 PM

Went to work this morning in industrial park. Everyone is working. Just picked up deli sandwich, they are working. Just drove by Home Depot, Best Buy, ect...everything looks normal to me. I am happy about that!

|

3/20/2020 1:39 PM

It’s a difficult time with difficult decisions but I wish more people would think of others first and obey the order. I went to lock down my materials and send guys home that may have not seen the order and honestly it looked like any day the previous few weeks. Donut shops open, drive thrus open, an upholstery shop was open etc. Like most I can’t really afford to go a long time without income but I also don’t to be a contributor if our country becomes similar to Italy.

|

3/20/2020 1:41 PM

TPforsale wrote:

It’s a difficult time with difficult decisions but I wish more people would think of others first and obey the order. I went to lock down my materials and send guys home that may have not seen the order and honestly it looked like any day the previous few weeks. Donut shops open, drive thrus open, an upholstery shop was open etc. Like most I can’t really afford to go a long time without income but I also don’t to be a contributor if our country becomes similar to Italy.

Photo
|

3/20/2020 1:42 PM

Hoping to ride this weekend, either track or trails but we will see.

Newsome said the models suggest 56% of Californians will get the virus in the next 8 weeks. If the fatality rate is just 1% that's quarter million dead people!!!

|

3/20/2020 1:44 PM

Facts about the actual real live emergency actions being taken in Los Angeles- this will clear up any confusion, speculation https://www.facebook.com/MayorOfLA/videos/1529086940601508/

|

3/20/2020 1:56 PM

ByronFRiday wrote:

Facts about the actual real live emergency actions being taken in Los Angeles- this will clear up any confusion, speculation https://www.facebook.com/MayorOfLA/videos/1529086940601508/

'sup, Byron?

|

3/20/2020 2:47 PM

We that are in the military and yes even the national guard continually plan, that’s what we do... doesn’t mean it’s going to happen but it’s nice to have a plan sitting at the 80-85% completion so we aren’t caught with our pants down. We are also very limited in what we can do legally, both constitutionally and by legal precedent established through the court. Please don’t watch too many movies and overthink what we can do. If NG are called to state active duty it is usually in support rolls to local law enforcement, search and rescue, Fire department, distribution of supplies to citizens... think Hurricane Katrina not the movie Out Break!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

3/20/2020 3:06 PM

I'll be riding once the track dries up a bit.
I truly feel for you city dwellers you are so much more fucked than you even know.
Just hope the wind doesn't start or you CA folks will be out of power as well good ole PG&E keeping everyone safe.

|

3/20/2020 3:06 PM

Seriously right now that seems like a bad idea. The last thing I would want is to crash and end up in the era right now

|

3/20/2020 3:16 PM

GuyB wrote:

'sup, Byron?

Working Plan B baby!!!!

#FearNot

|

3/20/2020 3:16 PM

ByronFRiday wrote:

Team dg byron?..if so...hello

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

3/20/2020 3:18 PM

Go ride nobody gonna shoot you.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly