Cal City???

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:39am
Anyone in California ride at Cal City(not the mx track) but the deser? I heard it was a great place to ride at...Please let me know how it is because im gettin bored of hittin the same jumps and trails every week.
|
Mike Bierman
2/28/2008 7:33am
Raced GPs in Cal City, (Desert racing association) back in the 80s...not much elevation change in Cal City.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
2/28/2008 1:19pm
California City is nice, but just 30 minutes up the highway is better. Further up is better then that. If you are going for the weekend why not just ride some of the best trails in California? I would start at Randsburg and ride from there. North, South, East and West is awesome riding. Kennedy Meadows I'm told is nice.
Big Lenny
2/28/2008 5:37pm
Anyone in California ride at Cal City(not the mx track) but the deser? I heard it was a great place to ride at...Please let me know...
Anyone in California ride at Cal City(not the mx track) but the deser? I heard it was a great place to ride at...Please let me know how it is because im gettin bored of hittin the same jumps and trails every week.
Rode there once in the summer, full gear, Oh boy, but had a good time...
race
3/4/2008 10:39am
Anyone in California ride at Cal City(not the mx track) but the deser? I heard it was a great place to ride at...Please let me know...
Big Lenny wrote:
Rode there once in the summer, full gear, Oh boy, but had a good time...
Cal City was supposed to be the city of the future with an international airport back in the late 50s/early 60s. They did a bunch of residential grading and put in a lot of cement pads but that's about as far as it went. A lot of buyers and investors lost hteir shirts ... or still own worthless chunks of desert. You can still see some of the concrete pads there.

Not much there for bikes but I know some guys take their rally cars there to go drifting on the dirt roads.

Much better stuff up the highway where you get some elevation changes. Find out how to get to the Bean Canyon stuff past Willow Springs raceway and you can try riding the old Hannah ( Bob ) practice tracks.

If you can put in 5 hard laps on the big track you're in decent shape!!

Post a reply to: Cal City???

The Latest