Cairoli vs. Herlings

Sodipop
8/27/2017 1:08pm
This thread is informational for a lot of members who don't seem to really follow the GPs

Herlings broke his hand shortly before the season.

During the first four rounds, Herlings scored 59 points and Cairoli scored 136. A gap of 77 points right off the bat.

Since then the points are Cairoli 495 to Herlings 471. This includes the last GP in which Herlings was running second and looking good to probably win the moto and his chain de-railed.

Herlings probably still suffering from affects of the injury through Valkenswaard where he scored a 3-3 finish. He had previously never lost a moto there.

They have been the two best guys all season and Cairoli generally starts quite a bit better than Herlings. I'd say that Cairoli has stayed healthy and used his championship racecraft to be in the position he is now. I would also say that Herlings is probably the faster of the two more times than not with all things being equal.
|
8/27/2017 1:15pm
Cairoli is smart and experienced and knows how to win a bigboy class title and he looks amazing this season
Dont think a healthy Herlings would have won it in his rookie year as he had more problems as just his injury
Cairoli is the best this season and gets another title , Herlings had a good rookie season and ends up second most likely

Looking forward to next season already in which i think Herlings wins his first 450 title ..
8/27/2017 1:18pm
The only hole in your little analysis is the fact that Gajser was leading the championship up until his huge crash in Latvia Wink
8/27/2017 1:26pm
Cairoli 631 points to Herlings 530 ?
Laughing yeah at the end of the day thats the difference

The Shop

8/27/2017 1:30pm
I believe Cairoli knows exactly how to pressure riders into mistakes and when he has a big enough lead he backs it down to management pace, he also knows when he has to unleash.
This year we have seen exactly that, I think Tony is just as fast as anyone on his day and in the second half of the season Herlings looks faster but Tony doesn't need to race him , just manage his points lead , hopefully next year we will see a healthy , comfortable Herlings, Cairoli, Gasjer and the rest ,we will be in for a real treat.
ATKpilot99
8/27/2017 1:36pm
What ? No I hadn't heard that...
Sodipop
8/27/2017 1:40pm
My point is that I don't think the theory that Cairoli would have even been ahead of Herlings if he raced this paced weekend holds much water.
ATKpilot99
8/27/2017 1:45pm
Herlings was seen walking on water shortly after the event....True story.
8/27/2017 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2017 2:09pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I missed the press conference, didn't he say thats how he got across the atlantic? Or did he keep it quiet around Aldons boys
ATKpilot99
8/27/2017 2:33pm
Herlings only won the motos by 8 and 2.6 seconds respectively. Cairoli would have yarded this field by 30+ seconds.
ATKpilot99
8/27/2017 2:34pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I missed the press conference, didn't he say thats how he got across the atlantic? Or did he keep it quiet around Aldons boys
Smile
F.B
8/27/2017 2:39pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Pfff... Cairoli turns water into Marsala after every title to celebrate with his fans.
line-up
8/27/2017 2:44pm
Sodipop wrote:
This thread is informational for a lot of members who don't seem to really follow the GPs Herlings broke his hand shortly before the season. During...
This thread is informational for a lot of members who don't seem to really follow the GPs

Herlings broke his hand shortly before the season.

During the first four rounds, Herlings scored 59 points and Cairoli scored 136. A gap of 77 points right off the bat.

Since then the points are Cairoli 495 to Herlings 471. This includes the last GP in which Herlings was running second and looking good to probably win the moto and his chain de-railed.

Herlings probably still suffering from affects of the injury through Valkenswaard where he scored a 3-3 finish. He had previously never lost a moto there.

They have been the two best guys all season and Cairoli generally starts quite a bit better than Herlings. I'd say that Cairoli has stayed healthy and used his championship racecraft to be in the position he is now. I would also say that Herlings is probably the faster of the two more times than not with all things being equal.
It doesn't work that way. You don't know what strategy Cairoli would have implemented if Herlings had started the season injury free, you just have no idea.
Points standings are the outcome not only of speed or injuries and luck but (especially in Carioli's case) of strategy.
The guy has not even been practicing that much recently just to minimize the risk of getting injured. He rode awful in Sweden and he will probably not be any more spectacular at the USGP, but he will win his 9th title of champion of the world.
He's always looking at the big picture.
St Ann More
8/27/2017 2:46pm
Next up for Sodi, a thread on why Pourcel lost the Canadian title.
8/27/2017 3:07pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Herlings only won the motos by 8 and 2.6 seconds respectively. Cairoli would have yarded this field by 30+ seconds.
LaughingLaughingLaughing easy
Barrzy256
8/27/2017 3:16pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
The only hole in your little analysis is the fact that Gajser was leading the championship up until his huge crash in Latvia Wink
THIS! Cairoli is the fckin man in my eyes, he's super smart and looks at the championship.
Can you even imagine the battles between Gajser/Herlings if both had started 100%?! I don't think cairoli would have gotten involved every time, more often than not just sat back, watched, and picked off the wins when either or both of them went down
wreckitrandy
8/27/2017 3:23pm
I don't know about the rest of you guys but, I'm so thankful that I can come here and get educated on all things motocross by members with clearly superior knowledge.
Sodipop
8/27/2017 4:00pm
Next up for Sodi, a thread on why Pourcel lost the Canadian title.
That one's easy. He cares more about not getting hurt than winning at this point in his career. Also.... that bush league impound situation.
vschaik141
8/27/2017 5:25pm
I don't know about the rest of you guys but, I'm so thankful that I can come here and get educated on all things motocross by...
I don't know about the rest of you guys but, I'm so thankful that I can come here and get educated on all things motocross by members with clearly superior knowledge.
LaughingLaughingLaughing

Post a reply to: Cairoli vs. Herlings

The Latest