|
Jt$
1/2/2020 7:18am
Team deal. Prado will be same
1down5up
1/2/2020 7:53am
MxKing809 wrote:
What were they before? Answer?
haha,was going to ask the same.odd that it wasnt as obvious though.some gear is just so busy that its maker gets hidden.
1down5up
1/2/2020 7:55am
MxKing809 wrote:
What were they before? Answer?
1down5up wrote:
haha,was going to ask the same.odd that it wasnt as obvious though.some gear is just so busy that its maker gets hidden.

The Shop

1/2/2020 8:49am
Cairoli has been with a lot of gear brands over the years. What surprises me is how Alpinestars haven't managed to pick him up for a gear and boot deal at least. I mean they are one of the biggest motorsports brands and they are also Italian, you'd think they would pay good money for Cairoli.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
1/2/2020 8:58am
Cairoli has been with a lot of gear brands over the years. What surprises me is how Alpinestars haven't managed to pick him up for a...
Cairoli has been with a lot of gear brands over the years. What surprises me is how Alpinestars haven't managed to pick him up for a gear and boot deal at least. I mean they are one of the biggest motorsports brands and they are also Italian, you'd think they would pay good money for Cairoli.
Fun fact is that astars gear is all over Bullit since the birth of the universe.
Mr. Afterbar
1/2/2020 9:08am
Cairoli has been with a lot of gear brands over the years. What surprises me is how Alpinestars haven't managed to pick him up for a...
Sidi is Italian too.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/2/2020 9:21am
It's not like he hasn't been supported by Italian companies.

AXO = Italian
Pro Grip = Italian
Sidi = Italian
Airoh = Italian
Neox/HZ = Italian
Lamborghini = Italian
Motofinne
1/2/2020 9:45am
You know what would be cool as hell? Custom made Dainese gear for Cairoli. A bit like the Nike boot deal that JS7 and Dungey had that wasn't available for the consumer.
Tumic
1/2/2020 9:55am
As long as you are on a ktm factory team nobody cares about your gear. We all know that every year your race gear will look the same. blue/white/orange/red/yellow ktm/red bull crap. Same with the graphics, cant tell if its a 2010 bike or a 2020 design cuz the have been the same for ages.

Herlings have been sporting some nice gear combos this fall but as soon as it’s race time its back to the same booring look that ktm seems to love..
Cortami79
1/2/2020 10:26am
Tumic wrote:
As long as you are on a ktm factory team nobody cares about your gear. We all know that every year your race gear will look...
As long as you are on a ktm factory team nobody cares about your gear. We all know that every year your race gear will look the same. blue/white/orange/red/yellow ktm/red bull crap. Same with the graphics, cant tell if its a 2010 bike or a 2020 design cuz the have been the same for ages.

Herlings have been sporting some nice gear combos this fall but as soon as it’s race time its back to the same booring look that ktm seems to love..
Yeah. At least in the US it makes it interesting what the riders are wearing every weekend. I’ve heard some stories that if you ride for a factory team, your gear should be at least be the colour of the brand you are representing. Not sure about that though.
1/2/2020 10:33am
Tumic wrote:
As long as you are on a ktm factory team nobody cares about your gear. We all know that every year your race gear will look...

Man you’re so right about Herlings’ gear looking the same, he’s worn the same stuff the whole time he’s rode in the MXGP class. He wore some sweet looking stuff in his MX2 days.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
1/2/2020 10:40am
Tumic wrote:

Cortami79 wrote:
Yeah. At least in the US it makes it interesting what the riders are wearing every weekend. I’ve heard some stories that if you ride for...
Yeah. At least in the US it makes it interesting what the riders are wearing every weekend. I’ve heard some stories that if you ride for a factory team, your gear should be at least be the colour of the brand you are representing. Not sure about that though.
The rumor was Reed go fined 5 figures for every race he didn’t wear blue while on Factory Yamaha.

Anyone know more of those deets?
ayearinmx
1/2/2020 11:06am
Cortami79 wrote:
Yeah. At least in the US it makes it interesting what the riders are wearing every weekend. I’ve heard some stories that if you ride for...
There isn't such an agreement with HRC, as you've seen with Fox / Gajser combos last few years
Tumic
1/2/2020 11:52am
Tumic wrote:

Cortami79 wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
The rumor was Reed go fined 5 figures for every race he didn’t wear blue while on Factory Yamaha.

Anyone know more of those deets?
It has come up a couple of times that he had two races in one season that he could run another gear color. But in some races he just put up the money and ran the white/red combo and in daytona one year i think they ran the whole yellow deal.

But i cant speak for how much $ the fine was.
1/2/2020 12:16pm
Sidi is Italian too.
But isn't Alpinestars a much bigger company than Sidi? I would have thought they would splash out the cash to get Cairoli with them.
Mr. Afterbar
1/2/2020 2:57pm
I’d imagine they are larger than Sidi. Can’t speak to why they haven’t signed him. Maybe the combination of gear and boots is more than they want to spend or maybe Carioli is just a loyal guy.
Cortami79
1/2/2020 3:50pm
Cortami79 wrote:
ayearinmx wrote:
There isn't such an agreement with HRC, as you've seen with Fox / Gajser combos last few years
Oh yeah thats true haha. Maybe it is a deal KTM has with their sponsors or something. I’ve noticed Kawasaki and Yamaha have their gears in the colour of the bike most of the times. I’m not sure about what I stated in my post earlier, but I do remember having a MX clinic from Coldenhoff a few years back when he rode for Suzuki, and when I asked he said that he had to ride at least 1 moto in Rockstar team gear and colour combo. Not sure about the year afterwards because he went into MXGP class and could ride in some red combo’s as well. I think it is time for A1Woohoo
Vince_192
1/2/2020 3:52pm
I’d imagine they are larger than Sidi. Can’t speak to why they haven’t signed him. Maybe the combination of gear and boots is more than they...
I’d imagine they are larger than Sidi. Can’t speak to why they haven’t signed him. Maybe the combination of gear and boots is more than they want to spend or maybe Carioli is just a loyal guy.
He is very loyal to Sidi. I believe since the 80cc class. He only run Gaerne back in his first GP days (2002/2003) when he was riding for Martin/Tiscali Honda, but that was a team deal.
1/2/2020 3:55pm
ayearinmx wrote:
FOX seems to be the only one who understands the market
Brent
1/2/2020 4:26pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
It's not like he hasn't been supported by Italian companies. AXO = Italian Pro Grip = Italian Sidi = Italian Airoh = Italian Neox/HZ = Italian...
It's not like he hasn't been supported by Italian companies.

AXO = Italian
Pro Grip = Italian
Sidi = Italian
Airoh = Italian
Neox/HZ = Italian
Lamborghini = Italian
Wife= Not Italian

(nothing to do with Thor, I just wanted to point out what riding a dirt bike very fast can get you) Tongue

Post a reply to: Cairoli to Thor

The Latest