Cairoli on his injury and RV retire

Edited Date/Time 7/14/2015 8:31am
|
PastranaWho
7/11/2015 5:33am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2015 1:34pm
RV went out like a chump. I agree with AC he should've raced Glen Helen, he has the clearance from the doctors, why not race it . He gets to say goodbye and who knows he might just win the thing and go out on top.
RY4N37
7/11/2015 6:00am
Sounds like RV may have lost a little bit of respect within the paddock. Not that he cares of course

The Shop

machine
7/11/2015 6:20am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2015 6:23am
As a big RV fan, I wish this could have gone better myself. Its like your girlfriend breaking up with you with a text message.

But. ..it's his call and his life, we don't pay his bills. ..
Zracer
7/11/2015 6:35am
Did anybody really expect any more from an RV announcement than for somebody else to write a press release for him?
DonM
7/11/2015 6:38am
RY4N37 wrote:
Sounds like RV may have lost a little bit of respect within the paddock. Not that he cares of course
Now how did you get that out of that interview??
RY4N37
7/11/2015 7:01am
DonM wrote:
First of all its not just from that interview. Both Cairoli and JMB have now said they didn't think it was great how he went out. JMB said he didn't like it how no one knew anything for nearly 3 months then he just comes out and retires. And they both mentioned that they thought that RV seemed to think that it would be easier than it was. There's still a level of respect there certainly, but maybe not as much as there was at the start of the season
jeffro503
7/11/2015 7:25am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2015 7:27am
OK , I think some of you guys really enjoy rubbing salt in the wound here. First off , over all the years I have been following this sport , many , many , have cut a season short due to injury only not to come back that very same season. RC did it , Stewart's done it , KW did it , Milsapps did it ( of course I think Davi may of had a broken finger nail , but still ) and the list goes on and on. Normally those guys would take a little break , regroup and then start preparing for the next up coming season ( MX or SX )

BTW I haven't seen anything where it said he was released to start riding again , where did you guys see this?

With that being said , I know RV said that he wouldn't of been even close to to 100% if he tried to hit the last few rounds , and being that this is the last season he'll ever race , what's the incentive? Go out and train , ride and get ready to race 1 - 2 races right before you retire. Why bother?

Some of you guys have been in a bunch of these threads saying the exact same thing over and over. Taking jabs at him , calling him names and quite frankly being an asshole. We get it , you disagree how RV went out and we have all read the past 50 comments in all those threads that you feel that way.

How much does it bug me , or affect my personal life? None. In fact I'm sipping on a nice hot cup of joe and loading up my ol' trusty RM250 up to go shred the gnar all day. 75 and cloudy and the track will be like heaven today. I wonder if I'll let RV's retirement bother me today while I'm riding , like it's been bothering you guys all week?

Pretty sure the answer is no. Braaapp! Peace out Bro's.
akillerwombat
7/11/2015 7:48am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2015 7:52am
Hasn't he said from day one that he would only do ONE SEASON of GP's before retiring?

I can't speak for the man but breaking a bone in essentially a bonus season would probably have me opting to call it. Why risk further (or permanent) injury for a few more races when you're that close to retirement? Not to mention all the work it would take to get back to a competitive level after the crash.

I'd take it as a sign to get out while I can still walk away on my own two feet.
Tumblin
7/11/2015 7:52am
Nobody ride GH like RV, well at least until ET..Lol, but seriously that track will cripple you at those speeds. As he said, there wouldn't be time for him to get back to the peak shape he needs to race at that level he expects from himself. If any of you arm chair racers actually competed you've probably been on the ragged edge without the goods to pull that shit off and even then if you hadn't been hurt as much as RV or already met your own goals, I suppose I understand why you are still so fucking clueless.
Hut
7/11/2015 8:06am
Effin' foreigners SMH
DonM
7/11/2015 8:15am
DonM wrote:
RY4N37 wrote:
First of all its not just from that interview. Both Cairoli and JMB have now said they didn't think it was great how he went out...
First of all its not just from that interview. Both Cairoli and JMB have now said they didn't think it was great how he went out. JMB said he didn't like it how no one knew anything for nearly 3 months then he just comes out and retires. And they both mentioned that they thought that RV seemed to think that it would be easier than it was. There's still a level of respect there certainly, but maybe not as much as there was at the start of the season
JMB's opinion means absolutely zero...go listen to the Mathes podcast with Dave Arnold..if you want to hear about how he threw in the towel on his last season. And you also can't leave out that Tony also said that RV was a great champion and one of the best ever and had nothing but respect for him...but that doesn't help your agenda so why would you include that.
RV's stay in the GP's didn't go as he or anyone planned, he really didn't want to be there but was because of a contract that he couldn't get out of..it was a compromise by all parties involved...
I'm sorry you're butthurt over how he left, but he's gone and has had a great career and he doesn't give two shits how you or anyone else feels about it...
gharmon
7/11/2015 8:30am
I was as big an rv fan as anyone. But one of you asked why get ready for one or two races to end your career? Well, as I see it your country could really use you this year for sure. But hey its his life and I've had a tailbone injury. Fucking shit hurts, bad!!!
RY4N37
7/11/2015 9:00am
DonM wrote:
JMB's opinion means absolutely zero...go listen to the Mathes podcast with Dave Arnold..if you want to hear about how he threw in the towel on his...
JMB's opinion means absolutely zero...go listen to the Mathes podcast with Dave Arnold..if you want to hear about how he threw in the towel on his last season. And you also can't leave out that Tony also said that RV was a great champion and one of the best ever and had nothing but respect for him...but that doesn't help your agenda so why would you include that.
RV's stay in the GP's didn't go as he or anyone planned, he really didn't want to be there but was because of a contract that he couldn't get out of..it was a compromise by all parties involved...
I'm sorry you're butthurt over how he left, but he's gone and has had a great career and he doesn't give two shits how you or anyone else feels about it...
Possibly the greatest all round motorcycle racer of all time opinion means absolutely zero? Okay then. As far I'm concerned there's no one more qualified to give an opinion on anything to do with motorcycling than him. He may not have had his heart in it 100% in his final year, but he put the effort in to finish it off. Frankly it doesn't matter how much his opinion matters, he seems to have lost some respect for RV, and that was my point

You asked me what made me think anyone in the paddock had lost respect for him, so I told you what specifically made me think that. Hence the omission of Cairoli saying he was a great champion. I did say there is certainly still a level of respect there, which there is, but if you listen to how Cairoli spoke of him before the season compared to now, there's a difference.

As I've said before, he could've gotten out of his contract if he absolutely wanted to, no one forced him to race, he had a choice. I'm not butthurt over how he went out, because I've never been a fan of his, you don't need to remind me that he doesn't give a shit about anyone, I think that's become perfectly clear over this year and years previous.
Superdave19
7/11/2015 9:00am
How he 'went out' vs what he's accomplished are two very different things.

He was @ the end of a story book career, wanted to see the world, and won a GP within the first few rounds- Only a handful of Americans have done that.

I completely get the fact that you're only as good as your last race, but that only matters if your still racing-

He's done, did it his way.. Got no problem with that.
Forty
7/11/2015 9:02am
jeffro503 wrote:
OK , I think some of you guys really enjoy rubbing salt in the wound here. First off , over all the years I have been...
OK , I think some of you guys really enjoy rubbing salt in the wound here. First off , over all the years I have been following this sport , many , many , have cut a season short due to injury only not to come back that very same season. RC did it , Stewart's done it , KW did it , Milsapps did it ( of course I think Davi may of had a broken finger nail , but still ) and the list goes on and on. Normally those guys would take a little break , regroup and then start preparing for the next up coming season ( MX or SX )

BTW I haven't seen anything where it said he was released to start riding again , where did you guys see this?

With that being said , I know RV said that he wouldn't of been even close to to 100% if he tried to hit the last few rounds , and being that this is the last season he'll ever race , what's the incentive? Go out and train , ride and get ready to race 1 - 2 races right before you retire. Why bother?

Some of you guys have been in a bunch of these threads saying the exact same thing over and over. Taking jabs at him , calling him names and quite frankly being an asshole. We get it , you disagree how RV went out and we have all read the past 50 comments in all those threads that you feel that way.

How much does it bug me , or affect my personal life? None. In fact I'm sipping on a nice hot cup of joe and loading up my ol' trusty RM250 up to go shred the gnar all day. 75 and cloudy and the track will be like heaven today. I wonder if I'll let RV's retirement bother me today while I'm riding , like it's been bothering you guys all week?

Pretty sure the answer is no. Braaapp! Peace out Bro's.
Whatever,
Outsider
7/11/2015 9:08am
DonM wrote:
RY4N37 wrote:
First of all its not just from that interview. Both Cairoli and JMB have now said they didn't think it was great how he went out...
Jeezus Christ, you're on here everyday saying the same thing... seriously why is this such a huge deal in your life?

How does Cairoli or JMB know what Ryan's back feels like? He's been cleared to train, not to ride was my understanding, none the less, if he's not able to get to form, what would be so great about him riding around in pain in 10th at GH? Is that a better way to retire?

The hate this guy gets might even trump James Stewart if that's possible... I apologize for anything I've ever said about James...

Holy shit guys
RY4N37
7/11/2015 9:21am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2015 9:22am
Outsider wrote:
Jeezus Christ, you're on here everyday saying the same thing... seriously why is this such a huge deal in your life? How does Cairoli or JMB...
Jeezus Christ, you're on here everyday saying the same thing... seriously why is this such a huge deal in your life?

How does Cairoli or JMB know what Ryan's back feels like? He's been cleared to train, not to ride was my understanding, none the less, if he's not able to get to form, what would be so great about him riding around in pain in 10th at GH? Is that a better way to retire?

The hate this guy gets might even trump James Stewart if that's possible... I apologize for anything I've ever said about James...

Holy shit guys
It's not a huge deal in my life at all, it's just a topic of discussion. As far as I was aware that's what forums are for, discussions.

I don't hate the guy, I'm not a fan of him, but I don't hate anyone. I think he could have gone about all of this in a more professional way though
7/11/2015 9:27am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2015 9:32am
better dont post opinions from other world known riders anymore , look at the JMB and this one .... its all taken out of context and everybody just throwing in their personal opinions as being the only thing that matters ....

all i see is Tony having respect for RV and his career, yet he expected to see RV retire in another way ... Smile
nothing wrong with that , i think only RV knows the real story and all we do here is guessing what if ...

weird thing is that the topic from Herlings about RV is dying as quick as it came ...
DonM
7/11/2015 9:39am
RY4N37 wrote:
Possibly the greatest all round motorcycle racer of all time opinion means absolutely zero? Okay then. As far I'm concerned there's no one more qualified to...
Possibly the greatest all round motorcycle racer of all time opinion means absolutely zero? Okay then. As far I'm concerned there's no one more qualified to give an opinion on anything to do with motorcycling than him. He may not have had his heart in it 100% in his final year, but he put the effort in to finish it off. Frankly it doesn't matter how much his opinion matters, he seems to have lost some respect for RV, and that was my point

You asked me what made me think anyone in the paddock had lost respect for him, so I told you what specifically made me think that. Hence the omission of Cairoli saying he was a great champion. I did say there is certainly still a level of respect there, which there is, but if you listen to how Cairoli spoke of him before the season compared to now, there's a difference.

As I've said before, he could've gotten out of his contract if he absolutely wanted to, no one forced him to race, he had a choice. I'm not butthurt over how he went out, because I've never been a fan of his, you don't need to remind me that he doesn't give a shit about anyone, I think that's become perfectly clear over this year and years previous.
Yes zero...same as yours same as mine...JMB's was lame in the way he said it ,he has zero knowledge of the extent of RV's injuries or how he thinks so his opinion means nothing...it was just classless...
But you are a pro of twisting things that people say to support what you feel...you sure you're not a journalist??

RV quit on his terms period...if you don't like the way he did it...tough shit...nobody cares.
Hut
7/11/2015 9:42am
DonM wrote:
Yes zero...same as yours same as mine...JMB's was lame in the way he said it ,he has zero knowledge of the extent of RV's injuries or...
Yes zero...same as yours same as mine...JMB's was lame in the way he said it ,he has zero knowledge of the extent of RV's injuries or how he thinks so his opinion means nothing...it was just classless...
But you are a pro of twisting things that people say to support what you feel...you sure you're not a journalist??

RV quit on his terms period...if you don't like the way he did it...tough shit...nobody cares.
Yep
RY4N37
7/11/2015 9:48am
DonM wrote:
Yes zero...same as yours same as mine...JMB's was lame in the way he said it ,he has zero knowledge of the extent of RV's injuries or...

If you think about it though, RV did anything but quit on his own terms
steve_97060
7/11/2015 9:54am
good lord, some of you guys really need to get over it. I realize some of you brits seem to have a serious inferiority complex about the GPs versus the Nationals but damn, you can be a non stop whiney bunch..

whatever happened to that stiff upper lip, did that become a pouty lip?
DonM
7/11/2015 9:54am
DonM wrote:

RY4N37 wrote:
He quit...tough shit if you don't like the fact that he did or how he did it...Hows that?? Man just give it up...
ATKpilot99
7/11/2015 9:55am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2015 9:56am
RY4N37 wrote:
Point is you think about it waaaay too much.
RY4N37
7/11/2015 10:10am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Point is you think about it waaaay too much.
I just like talking about motocross. That's pretty much it
RacerX8
7/11/2015 10:15am
I'm a RV2 fan and wish him the best in the future but this ending chapter feels like it could be in his buddy Casey Stoner's book...
7/11/2015 10:18am
good lord, some of you guys really need to get over it. I realize some of you brits seem to have a serious inferiority complex about...
good lord, some of you guys really need to get over it. I realize some of you brits seem to have a serious inferiority complex about the GPs versus the Nationals but damn, you can be a non stop whiney bunch..

whatever happened to that stiff upper lip, did that become a pouty lip?
Anymore more american riders you want us to put into retirement?

Post a reply to: Cairoli on his injury and RV retire

The Latest