Cairoli & Herlings @ Southwick

Feldspar
Edited Date/Time 3/31/2012 7:17am
Just listed to the Cairoli podcast with Matthes. He asked him about running some Nationals at some point. Looking at both the GP and AMA schedule, Southwick is on Aug. 11th which is a weekend off for the GPs. The GP on Aug 19th is in Great Britain so that would be an easier travel from MA.

Both Cairoli and Herlings should have the opportunity to come over for this race. They are both great sand riders so this track makes the most sense for both of them.
|
jndmx
3/30/2012 10:53am
That would be great to see them ride The Wick.

Did they say that they are actually planning on it?
Feldspar
3/30/2012 1:27pm
No he didn't say. I just think it looks more doable this year they way the schedules are.
Titan1
3/30/2012 1:29pm
That'd be sweet...I'm a huge AC fan. It'd be great to see him race here.

The Shop

R-acer
3/30/2012 1:31pm
They'd get their asses whooped so bad, they would never want to come backLaughing
500guy
3/30/2012 1:35pm
Cairoli is the James Stewart of Europe, he throws that carrot out there every year and people gobble it up.
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
3/30/2012 1:42pm
We hear something like this every year.
Would be cool though.
Feldspar
3/30/2012 1:44pm
500guy wrote:
Cairoli is the James Stewart of Europe, he throws that carrot out there every year and people gobble it up.
Pretty good comparison but on a much smaller scale. Cairoli flirts with the idea of lining up for one National and doesn't. At least he runs the entire GP series. Stewart flirts with running the Nationals and decides to sit home all summer instead. Of course Stewart did the same thing with e Monster Cup.
Jefro98
3/30/2012 1:44pm
Don't count on one or both of them being at Southwich if they are in the hunt for the championship.
There is still 4 more GP's to go after Southwick. No way MX1 or MX2 class championships are decided by then already.
3/30/2012 1:58pm
Jefro98 wrote:
Don't count on one or both of them being at Southwich if they are in the hunt for the championship. There is still 4 more GP's...
Don't count on one or both of them being at Southwich if they are in the hunt for the championship.
There is still 4 more GP's to go after Southwick. No way MX1 or MX2 class championships are decided by then already.
Excellent point
PressPassP
3/30/2012 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2012 2:28pm
I think Tony has his work cut out this year way more this year than in previous years with Desalle and now Pourcel,and Frossard has had his rookie big bike year out of the way and looks extremely quick,I do think it'd be his decision though,whereas if Herlings was winning the championship or not,KTM may well still have the say so

It'd take some doing,Desalle did it but it wasn't without it's problems,pity Stewart couldn't do a GP or 2 if he's not doing the Nationals,I'm sure the Factory team would acommodate him right? Laughing
3/30/2012 2:28pm
Jefro98 wrote:
Don't count on one or both of them being at Southwich if they are in the hunt for the championship. There is still 4 more GP's...
Yep, very good point. Would love to see it but it probably won't happen. I remember Herlings really wanting to do it last year to.

On a slightly different note - I'm probably alone in this but if I had to bet against the odds on something, I think Cairoli will go for a full time AMA Nationals deal at some point. Whenever I hear him talk about it in interviews I always get the impression it's sort of in the back of his mind. Obviously SX is a non starter.
jamma10
3/30/2012 2:39pm
PressPassP wrote:
I think Tony has his work cut out this year way more this year than in previous years with Desalle and now Pourcel,and Frossard has had...
I think Tony has his work cut out this year way more this year than in previous years with Desalle and now Pourcel,and Frossard has had his rookie big bike year out of the way and looks extremely quick,I do think it'd be his decision though,whereas if Herlings was winning the championship or not,KTM may well still have the say so

It'd take some doing,Desalle did it but it wasn't without it's problems,pity Stewart couldn't do a GP or 2 if he's not doing the Nationals,I'm sure the Factory team would acommodate him right? Laughing
Yeah I agree, this will be Cairoli's toughest season yet. Usually I would pencil him in for the title before the first race, but not this year. Its completely up for grabs which makes it great for us!
grimey
3/30/2012 3:51pm
Won't happen, stamped and sent.
3/30/2012 5:41pm
Jefro98 wrote:
I agree with this for sure,,

It would be great if Cairoli or Herlings would come over for one race, but there main concern is the GP title.
SMITH201
3/30/2012 7:54pm
AC has a solid chance at a top 5 overall. Herlings would probably walk the dog on everyone in the 250s.
RDP
3/30/2012 8:00pm
SMITH201 wrote:
AC has a solid chance at a top 5 overall. Herlings would probably walk the dog on everyone in the 250s.
Don't know about herlings doing that
MtnBoy
3/30/2012 8:05pm
SMITH201 wrote:
RDP wrote:
He's considered by almost everyone to be the best sand rider in the world, I think he'd put it to our boys at the Wick
dboivin
3/30/2012 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2012 8:12pm
AC has nothing to prove, and a lot to lose IMO. best wait til he actually wants to run a full national series. he could raise/lower his stock by doing bad or good at southwick and its just one race....why risk it when he knows he one of the biggest draws of GP.
dboivin
3/30/2012 8:11pm
SMITH201 wrote:
RDP wrote:
idunno if you been under a rock for last few years but herlings is by far one of the best sand riders i've seen...i'd also bet if he got out front early and had clear track he would gap everyone pretty good.
stillwelding
3/30/2012 8:50pm
Feldspar wrote:
Just listed to the Cairoli podcast with Matthes. He asked him about running some Nationals at some point. Looking at both the GP and AMA schedule...
Just listed to the Cairoli podcast with Matthes. He asked him about running some Nationals at some point. Looking at both the GP and AMA schedule, Southwick is on Aug. 11th which is a weekend off for the GPs. The GP on Aug 19th is in Great Britain so that would be an easier travel from MA.

Both Cairoli and Herlings should have the opportunity to come over for this race. They are both great sand riders so this track makes the most sense for both of them.
I think Cairoli is a great GP rider, but if he comes to Southwick on that 350, Villipoto will kick his Ass from here til Christmas.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
3/30/2012 8:57pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2012 8:58pm
As he mentioned in that podcast, he does think the 450 is more suited to the US. So I wouldn't be surprised if he ran a 450 if he did go to the US.
3/30/2012 9:08pm
Feldspar wrote:
Just listed to the Cairoli podcast with Matthes. He asked him about running some Nationals at some point. Looking at both the GP and AMA schedule...

I think Cairoli is a great GP rider, but if he comes to Southwick on that 350, Villipoto will kick his Ass from here til Christmas.
So it doesn't matter how he stacks up against the other guy's?

Maybe we will see RV in mid season over at a GP then and read about his chances on a Euro message board?

Don't get me wrong, I think Dungey and Barcia are the only two right now that can take a crack at him (RV) on a US track....but outside of the three hour timezezone and having to get back for the series you are paid to ride and on a track he's never been too with different fuel and jetting and motors and the wife left at home and the daddy and the media not tweeting and different fans wanting a piece of you.........not so sure that RV can just show up over there and get it done.

So this silliness about talking bad on Cairoli say's more about your posting than the multi time World Champion
stillwelding
3/30/2012 9:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2012 9:29pm
Feldspar wrote:

So it doesn't matter how he stacks up against the other guy's? Maybe we will see RV in mid season over at a GP then and...

Maybe we will see RV in mid season over at a GP then and read about his chances on a Euro message board?

Don't get me wrong, I think Dungey and Barcia are the only two right now that can take a crack at him (RV) on a US track....but outside of the three hour timezezone and having to get back for the series you are paid to ride and on a track he's never been too with different fuel and jetting and motors and the wife left at home and the daddy and the media not tweeting and different fans wanting a piece of you.........not so sure that RV can just show up over there and get it done.

So this silliness about talking bad on Cairoli say's more about your posting than the multi time World Champion
Ok. But I've been to more GP's in my life than you've had hot dinner's, so I'll stand by my opinion. And I'm not really an RV fan. I'm m not a fan of any rider really, I like the machines. I'm. really commenting on the use of a 350 at Southwick. So you can blow it out yer Ass about my post. Ha Ha Laughing You interrupted my reading Racerhead.
1-forty-8
3/31/2012 12:03am
Just wait till Lommel at the end of the year. If Herlings is fit and healthy it's gonna be Budds Creek 07 all over again. Shame he won't have 2 riders to back him up though... JS7 should apply for a Dutch passport seeing as he's already been penciled out the US Team!
3/31/2012 1:55am
So it doesn't matter how he stacks up against the other guy's? Maybe we will see RV in mid season over at a GP then and...

Ok. But I've been to more GP's in my life than you've had hot dinner's, so I'll stand by my opinion. And I'm not really an...
Ok. But I've been to more GP's in my life than you've had hot dinner's, so I'll stand by my opinion. And I'm not really an RV fan. I'm m not a fan of any rider really, I like the machines. I'm. really commenting on the use of a 350 at Southwick. So you can blow it out yer Ass about my post. Ha Ha Laughing You interrupted my reading Racerhead.
I'm pretty sure if he rides the 350 at Lommel then he wouldn't change it for Southwick,

As knowitallover explains,it's a lot of upheaval,its one thing for the MXdN when things are over but in the middle of the series is another,a lot of sacrifice and a lot to lose if they're in the title hunt,I wouldn't entirely count it out as its been done before a few times,shame it didn't happen the other way at Glen Helen the last couple of years for fans to see,RV says he'd like to come over for a GP but even if he has his title wrapped up I don't see it yet,even if its in the same country as the MXdN because that means a huge amount
Fearo
3/31/2012 2:26am
SMITH201 wrote:
A 5-time world champ has 'a chance' at a top 5 in America?

Post a reply to: Cairoli & Herlings @ Southwick

The Latest