Cairoli Vs Herlings, are we in for "Carmichael Vs Stewart 2005-2007" Show?

Turbojez
Edited Date/Time 3/22/2018 7:07am
I think it is shaping up to be one of the greatest MXGP seasons in a long time. A bit like outdoor national fights between Ricky and Bubba back in 2005-2007.
Same scenario: Two guys, that are head and shoulders above the rest, just going for it. Both incredible riders,
SX just got boooring! Wink
|
B DUB 333
3/21/2018 5:30am
That's what I thought we did have, until Herlings caught and passed Tony from ten seconds plus behind him with only half a race a left. Both motos, at valkeensward.... that shouldn't happen if they were close- I do think we're in for some great racing, but to me Herrlings is quite a bit faster, if he gets a start he's going to gap everyone by a mile. Including Tony - what we have is the next great guy. Please some American team, give the kid big bucks, I want to watch that kid every weekend at the nationals...
mxb2
3/21/2018 5:34am
B DUB 333 wrote:
That's what I thought we did have, until Herlings caught and passed Tony from ten seconds plus behind him with only half a race a left...
That's what I thought we did have, until Herlings caught and passed Tony from ten seconds plus behind him with only half a race a left. Both motos, at valkeensward.... that shouldn't happen if they were close- I do think we're in for some great racing, but to me Herrlings is quite a bit faster, if he gets a start he's going to gap everyone by a mile. Including Tony - what we have is the next great guy. Please some American team, give the kid big bucks, I want to watch that kid every weekend at the nationals...
Why would herlings leave europe,. He has it made there. Come to the usa for what, he doesnt race sx. American teams arent gonna spend big $$ on a outdoor only guy.
Turbojez
3/21/2018 5:36am
B DUB 333 wrote:
That's what I thought we did have, until Herlings caught and passed Tony from ten seconds plus behind him with only half a race a left...
Considering Herlings is unbeatable in the sand, there shouldn't be that big of a gap on different tracks, if any gap at all!
brycepdh
3/21/2018 5:50am
I would say we are. There's a lot of similarities between the two eras. For example, Carmichael and Cairoli are both proven 450 riders with many championships and at the top of their game while Stewart and Herlings are proven 250 riders fresh in the 450 class trying to dethrone the reigning champ. I'm so damn excited for the rest of the series and may the best rider win! Motocross like this is what we need and none of that boring showbiz supercross

The Shop

sende
Fantasy
4429th
3/21/2018 9:37am
Looks like it yes. I'm excited for sure.
philG
3/21/2018 9:39am
Cairoli made the decision to try and run and hide in both races... Herlings had to move all over the track to make passes and get through.. his lines were better , and as a result when he got to AC he was on the faster lines... expect to see AC be a bit more patient from here on out. Follow and learn and then turn the screw.
3/21/2018 9:50am
I think and hope so yes! Whether right or wrong, both really need to stay healthy!!
Potts
3/21/2018 10:28am
philG wrote:
Cairoli made the decision to try and run and hide in both races... Herlings had to move all over the track to make passes and get...
Cairoli made the decision to try and run and hide in both races... Herlings had to move all over the track to make passes and get through.. his lines were better , and as a result when he got to AC he was on the faster lines... expect to see AC be a bit more patient from here on out. Follow and learn and then turn the screw.
It is going to be very interesting to see if Tony can retaliate on the harder packed tracks but right now Herlings seems to have him covered. If you take Herlings out of the mix Tony is riding better than ever!!
onefiveight
3/21/2018 10:31am
Either way I’m more impressed by the tracks and riding than I am with this same old cookie cutter sx stuff. Thats motocross.
3/21/2018 10:42am
B DUB 333 wrote:
Herlings won’t get away with giving Cairoli 10 seconds at the begining of the races when the series moves to more hard pack tracks. Herlings is way faster on sand, but it will even up. If both stay healthy we should be in for one heck of a season.
3/21/2018 10:46am
If they both stay healthy, we surely are.
TDeath21
3/21/2018 10:50am
It’s not looking like it. Carmichael had Stewart covered. What we are seeing now would be the equivalent of Stewart dominating the first two races against Carmichael in 06.
jeffro503
3/21/2018 10:54am
B DUB 333 wrote:
That is a sand track though....where Herlings basically rules in the sand.

I still have Tony pegged for the championship. But I don't know , maybe Jeffrey can keep it up all season long. I just see Tony as being more durable all the way till the end.

There will be certain tracks where each of them , will have the other one's number. And some where they'll be evenly matched. Valkensward Was more in favor for Jeffrey......but it won't be like that in a lot of rounds I think.

Does make for some epic racing though!
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/21/2018 10:59am
TDeath21 wrote:
It’s not looking like it. Carmichael had Stewart covered. What we are seeing now would be the equivalent of Stewart dominating the first two races against...
It’s not looking like it. Carmichael had Stewart covered. What we are seeing now would be the equivalent of Stewart dominating the first two races against Carmichael in 06.
Which he kidna was doing until he hit the deck hard at high point and then southwick.Wasn't the same the rest of the year after that. He wasn't dominating but was winning early. Pushed to hard like usual though.
B DUB 333
3/21/2018 11:00am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 11:04am
I know about herlings and sand, but Tony was no slouch in the sand either, and after watching him (herlings) decimate our boys last year I think you guys are wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but the way it's looking herlings is currently the fmop . I also agree that Tony is riding at a very high level, if Jeffery gets hurt, it's tonys, and vice versa. But if they both stay healthy, I think herlings by 30+ points-
drt410
3/21/2018 11:02am
How can you guys count tony out so fast lol. Herlings has yet to beat him in a championship. Tony is fast and experienced and he always thus far finds a way to be at the top of the box at the end of the year. Also everyone knows herlings is untouchable in sand. Well see how it goes from here on out but I promise you tony isnt rolling over and handing this to anybody. Should be a knock down drag out battle so long as they both stay healthy and until herlings gets it done my money is still on tony. He just always finds a way to win it at the end of the year and herlings is also more injury prone. Not saying this cant finally be jeffs year but until he does it my moneys still on tony because he just alllllways gets it done. Eventually though we know the torch will be passed to herlings and it could be that time, time will tell. Gonna make for a great season that which we may not have seen since js-rc.
TDeath21
3/21/2018 11:06am
TDeath21 wrote:
It’s not looking like it. Carmichael had Stewart covered. What we are seeing now would be the equivalent of Stewart dominating the first two races against...
Park Boys wrote:
Which he kidna was doing until he hit the deck hard at high point and then southwick.Wasn't the same the rest of the year after that...
Which he kidna was doing until he hit the deck hard at high point and then southwick.Wasn't the same the rest of the year after that. He wasn't dominating but was winning early. Pushed to hard like usual though.
He won the one race where Carmichael fell in the first turn and lost his goggles. That’s it. The series was over at round 2. Everyone knew he couldn’t dig out of a 50 point hole. Then the bike malfunction in Southwick sealed that championship. Still though, Stewart would only defeat Carmichael at his worst track when he crashed twice. Washougal. Then again at Glen Helen in Carmichael’s only non mechanical DNF ever in MX. Then of course 07 saw five good battles with Carmichael winning every single one. Even coming from pretty far back a few times.

So far, it sure seems like Herlings has Cairoli covered. It’s one thing to win. It’s another to come from way back and win when Cairoli has gotten the holeshot. Maybe when we get to some non sand tracks Cairoli will up his game. Or maybe Cairoli is playing the long game and counting on Herlings not keeping up this pace. We will see.
themrtoad
3/21/2018 11:14am
Herlings is the faster of the two, but my money is on Cairoli. I think he is hard to beat over a season. Herlings biggest enemy is himself/bad luck
FroDiddy
3/21/2018 11:24am
It sure seems like it. Valkenswaard is a great track.

I was impressed with how Tony was able to match Herlings' speed after he was passed, before the big mistake.
3/21/2018 11:26am
As said above, game is more even on hard pack tracks. Also, cairoli is very consistent with his starts, herlings not that much. I'm rooting for herlings though. Great season has just started!
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
3/21/2018 11:26am
Lol no Herlings will dominate with 20 sec gap on the finish line. If not, it will crash or bad start.
kongols
3/21/2018 11:33am
FroDiddy wrote:
It sure seems like it. Valkenswaard is a great track. I was impressed with how Tony was able to match Herlings' speed after he was passed...
It sure seems like it. Valkenswaard is a great track.

I was impressed with how Tony was able to match Herlings' speed after he was passed, before the big mistake.
He did not match his speed. He was doing the same. Herlings went nuts the last laps.

B DUB 333
3/21/2018 11:33am
Btw- anyone who hasn't watched the race, do it, it's epic. Herlings was so far back it was impossible for him to get the w. But. He did. He's the fmop right now hands down. Factory teams in the US need to throw millions at the kid, instant #1 plates, especially after his podium interview last year. He says what's on his mind. Love the little smart ass.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/21/2018 11:56am
Will raw speed and bravado win out over talent and experience? It did not in the Carmichael/Stewart era, so I'd say the odds are better for fans of SuperTony. Still, Herlings is indeed an impressive rider. He's going to need some luck and try to not get injured.
Uncle Tony
3/21/2018 12:01pm
It's gonna be a good season, just hope herlings stays healthy, he crashes a lot more than Tony
TXDirt
3/21/2018 12:10pm
Both are incredible riders. Imagine if Roczen didn't come over to the U.S. Heck even Marvin for that matter. You would have a group of 4 super bad dudes in the same series.
Fonzarelli
3/21/2018 12:15pm
Falcon wrote:
Will raw speed and bravado win out over talent and experience? It did not in the Carmichael/Stewart era, so I'd say the odds are better for...
Will raw speed and bravado win out over talent and experience? It did not in the Carmichael/Stewart era, so I'd say the odds are better for fans of SuperTony. Still, Herlings is indeed an impressive rider. He's going to need some luck and try to not get injured.
Does Herlings have raw speed over Cairoli? Maybe.

Did Stewart have raw speed over Carmichael? Nope.
BroFoSho
3/21/2018 12:16pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
Btw- anyone who hasn't watched the race, do it, it's epic. Herlings was so far back it was impossible for him to get the w. But...
Btw- anyone who hasn't watched the race, do it, it's epic. Herlings was so far back it was impossible for him to get the w. But. He did. He's the fmop right now hands down. Factory teams in the US need to throw millions at the kid, instant #1 plates, especially after his podium interview last year. He says what's on his mind. Love the little smart ass.
Outdoor titles.

He doesn't have any SX experience though. On a track like St. Louis with big techy SX sections, he'd be put a lap down by Tomac.
hyler199
3/21/2018 12:23pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
Turbojez wrote:
Considering Herlings is unbeatable in the sand, there shouldn't be that big of a gap on different tracks, if any gap at all!
I dont know Fonzarelli.... Id say Stewart had a higher cieling in the speed department than RC4

I think Herlings will beat Cairoli 7/10 times.... but with Cairoli being the holeshot master he is. I see him Ryan Dungeying with the points this season. Herlings might have a few bad races.

Either way Cairoli was +30 on 3rd place so other than Herlings he still has everyone else covered it seems like

Post a reply to: Cairoli Vs Herlings, are we in for "Carmichael Vs Stewart 2005-2007" Show?

The Latest