Cairoli - Strength training video

DC 424
5/6/2020 4:03am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2020 1:25pm
https://www.mxlarge.com/news/cairoli-and-working-out
If you ever wanted evidence that being big, strong, powerful and athletic had NOTHING to do with being fast on a motocross bike - check this out. Don’t get me wrong, Cairoli is an all time great and must be a very good endurance athlete, but wowsers, those push ups 😂
|
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
5/6/2020 4:31am
Sure glad I'm not as weak as this guy

5/6/2020 5:00am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2020 5:01am
Looks like he was just doing everything quite slow for the video. Don't think you can really judge his strength based on that.
Sluggo77
5/6/2020 6:09am
What's wrong with the modified push ups? He is working his core. Maybe he should be benching a house like a linebacker...
MZ193
5/6/2020 6:25am
He is pretty small, i've seen him in real life and he looks like a normal guy who goes to the weights gym once or twice a week. Nothing special... he is just talented and has a good respiratory system.

The Shop

LumpDog841
5/6/2020 6:32am
Wait what's wrong with those pushups? I mean AC222 can sprint WFO for 30+2, while I'm passing out after 5 laps. So I'm definitely not going to judge a world class athlete.
Bearuno
5/6/2020 6:43am
Tonus standing on the soccer sized ball juggling tennis balls looked a bit tricky in another video out there.

Rest assured, that AC video is just a bit of 'fluff'. I'd say the 'old man' could grind most mid 20s Pro racers into the ground.
Ray_MXS
5/6/2020 6:59am
Yeah AC222 has always been known for his lack of stamina.

Oh wait......
agn5009
5/6/2020 7:47am
If you dont think AC is extremely strong and extremely fit I got an oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you cheap.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
5/6/2020 9:57am
Actually circuit training with those work outs back to back for say 20+ min would be a excellent strength and endurance workout.
mx1313
5/6/2020 10:07am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2020 10:09am
Seems like a good, low impact workout routine. Can't argue with Cairolli's resume that's for sure.If that type of a workout routine is a bit too laid back for any of you, there is this guy nicknamed Ryno. Give him a try. He's been known to have a bit more aggressive training techniques for those so inclined..lol.
RCMXracing
5/6/2020 10:34am
Those movements involve dynamic stretching, something we could all use. I keep hearing how important it is for Moto.

Anyone in here go from a non-stretcher to doing a lot of it, yoga whatnot, and can make positive claims about performance on the bike?
crowe176
5/6/2020 10:55am
AC222 is a bad mofo. Love watching that guy shred a GP track more than anyone.
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2798th
5/6/2020 11:12am
RCMXracing wrote:
Those movements involve dynamic stretching, something we could all use. I keep hearing how important it is for Moto. Anyone in here go from a non-stretcher...
Those movements involve dynamic stretching, something we could all use. I keep hearing how important it is for Moto.

Anyone in here go from a non-stretcher to doing a lot of it, yoga whatnot, and can make positive claims about performance on the bike?
I started dating a yoga teacher (nice) in 2015 and obviously got pretty into yoga at that point. I think it has made a huge difference. I wouldn't say yoga could replace basic gym/mtb workouts, but it's a great addition. Also, those hot yoga classes are no joke. I have never sweat more or had my legs shake more.
Louie112
5/6/2020 11:31am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2020 11:33am
RCMXracing wrote:
Those movements involve dynamic stretching, something we could all use. I keep hearing how important it is for Moto. Anyone in here go from a non-stretcher...

Yoga is tough! People that say it's easy or for girls have probably never tried it! The strength I've seen from some of the smallest people that practice yoga consistently is insane.

It has a very positive effect on performance on the bike as well. Much of yoga is focused on lower body and core strength/stability which is huge in our sport. Also, we always talk about safety equipment and all the things we can do for injury prevention. I think flexibility is very overlooked in that discussion. I was a competitive gymnast as a kid and I've had some wild ragdoll crashes, but no significant injuries. I would have to say a lot of that is due to flexibility. Yoga will greatly improve your flexibility and I would recommend it as cross-training for pretty much any sport.
gt80rider
5/6/2020 11:40am
LumpDog841 wrote:
Wait what's wrong with those pushups? I mean AC222 can sprint WFO for 30+2, while I'm passing out after 5 laps. So I'm definitely not going...
Wait what's wrong with those pushups? I mean AC222 can sprint WFO for 30+2, while I'm passing out after 5 laps. So I'm definitely not going to judge a world class athlete.
it looks like he is having a problem doing them... you would think it would look much easier to him....

that whole vid is cringe.......
gt80rider
5/6/2020 11:41am
RCMXracing wrote:

Louie112 wrote:
Yoga is tough! People that say it's easy or for girls have probably never tried it! The strength I've seen from some of the smallest people...
Yoga is tough! People that say it's easy or for girls have probably never tried it! The strength I've seen from some of the smallest people that practice yoga consistently is insane.

It has a very positive effect on performance on the bike as well. Much of yoga is focused on lower body and core strength/stability which is huge in our sport. Also, we always talk about safety equipment and all the things we can do for injury prevention. I think flexibility is very overlooked in that discussion. I was a competitive gymnast as a kid and I've had some wild ragdoll crashes, but no significant injuries. I would have to say a lot of that is due to flexibility. Yoga will greatly improve your flexibility and I would recommend it as cross-training for pretty much any sport.
Yoga got a bad rap for a long time... but it is the shit, honed for over a thousand years.... and it is fantastic for your mind as well....
5/6/2020 12:23pm
I would personally stay away from that horrible push up modification because the strain its putting on the shoulders but everything seems fine besides that.
5/6/2020 12:45pm
Louie112 wrote:
Yoga is tough! People that say it's easy or for girls have probably never tried it! The strength I've seen from some of the smallest people...

Money
5/6/2020 12:53pm

Louie112
5/6/2020 1:45pm
Louie112 wrote:

This looks and sounds like a dude that has never done yoga and probably never will haha. Sounds like his mind is already made up. There are extremes to everything, doing yoga a couple times a week is not going to be enough to make you "hypermobile". I think added flexibility and stability could benefit nearly every motocross rider that doesn't have some sort of injury that would cause an issue. Even then, there is a modification to nearly every movement to account for that. Just because you do a little yoga doesn't mean your shoulder is randomly going to dislocate when you crash because your joints are too loose...

5/6/2020 8:18pm
Money wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/06/425660/s1200_C541D1F1_6521_4F0D_BF48_61641290FB79.jpg[/img]

I think theres something to be said about his stature, I think hes probably the perfect size for the big bike. 6ft 175lbs according to the red bull team website. I mean look what Benny Bloss was able to do in the outdoors his rookie season when RMATV stuck him on the 450. He was frequently running around the top 5 and hes a beast of a man.
DC 424
5/7/2020 2:03am
DC 424 wrote:
https://www.mxlarge.com/news/cairoli-and-working-out If you ever wanted evidence that being big, strong, powerful and athletic had NOTHING to do with being fast on a motocross bike - check...
https://www.mxlarge.com/news/cairoli-and-working-out
If you ever wanted evidence that being big, strong, powerful and athletic had NOTHING to do with being fast on a motocross bike - check this out. Don’t get me wrong, Cairoli is an all time great and must be a very good endurance athlete, but wowsers, those push ups 😂
I think you missed my point. He is an extremely good endurance athlete and all time Motocross legend. However in this video his core collapses and he struggles with push ups. I’m a fitness trainer so I found it funny/strange. He is 5’ 7” and lean. That doesn’t make him strong. No offence but I think this post was meant for fitness professionals. My fault.
DC 424
5/7/2020 2:05am
Sluggo77 wrote:
What's wrong with the modified push ups? He is working his core. Maybe he should be benching a house like a linebacker...
I think you missed my point. He is an extremely good endurance athlete and all time Motocross legend. However in this video his core collapses and he struggles with push ups. I’m a fitness trainer so I found it funny/strange. He is 5’ 7” and lean. That doesn’t make him strong. No offence but I think this post was meant for fitness professionals. My fault.
DC 424
5/7/2020 2:06am
MZ193 wrote:
He is pretty small, i've seen him in real life and he looks like a normal guy who goes to the weights gym once or twice...
He is pretty small, i've seen him in real life and he looks like a normal guy who goes to the weights gym once or twice a week. Nothing special... he is just talented and has a good respiratory system.
Thanks for getting my point. He is an extremely good endurance athlete and all time Motocross legend. However in this video his core collapses and he struggles with push ups. I’m a fitness trainer so I found it funny/strange. He is 5’ 7” and lean. That doesn’t make him strong.
DC 424
5/7/2020 2:08am
agn5009 wrote:
If you dont think AC is extremely strong and extremely fit I got an oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you cheap.
I think you missed my point. He is an extremely good endurance athlete and all time Motocross legend. However in this video his core collapses and he struggles with push ups. I’m a fitness trainer so I found it funny/strange. He is 5’ 7” and lean. That doesn’t make him strong. No offence but I think this post was meant for fitness professionals. My fault. I’m from Australia. You keep Kansas 😂
DC 424
5/7/2020 2:10am
LumpDog841 wrote:
Wait what's wrong with those pushups? I mean AC222 can sprint WFO for 30+2, while I'm passing out after 5 laps. So I'm definitely not going...
gt80rider wrote:
it looks like he is having a problem doing them... you would think it would look much easier to him....

that whole vid is cringe.......
Thanks for understanding my point. He is an extremely good endurance athlete and all time Motocross legend. However in this video his core collapses and he struggles with push ups. I’m a fitness trainer so I found it funny/strange. He is 5’ 7” and lean. That doesn’t make him strong.
He is just fast on a bike 😂
DC 424
5/7/2020 2:12am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Yeah AC222 has always been known for his lack of stamina.

Oh wait......
I think you miss read my post. He is an extremely good endurance athlete and all time Motocross legend. However in this video his core collapses and he struggles with push ups. I’m a fitness trainer so I found it funny/strange. He is 5’ 7” and lean. That doesn’t make him strong. No offence but I think this post was meant for fitness professionals. My fault. i probably shouldn’t have posted here. 🤦‍♂️
DC 424
5/7/2020 2:14am
crusty_xx wrote:
Sure glad I'm not as weak as this guy [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/06/425616/s1200_s1200_IMG_2285.jpg[/img]
Sure glad I'm not as weak as this guy

I think you missed my point. He is an extremely good endurance athlete and all time Motocross legend. However in this video his core collapses and he struggles with push ups. I’m a fitness trainer so I found it funny/strange. He is 5’ 7” and lean. That doesn’t make him strong. No offence but I think this post was meant for fitness professionals. My fault. 🤦
DC 424
5/7/2020 2:15am
Looks like he was just doing everything quite slow for the video. Don't think you can really judge his strength based on that.

Post a reply to: Cairoli - Strength training video

The Latest