Cairoli, Herlings, Roczen, Desalle...

Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 1:24am
Who is actually the best european rider ?

There's some guys who are really good: Cairoli, Roczen, Herlings, Desalle, Nagl, Paulin...

But who is the best of the best ?

If I have to put a top 5, I 'll say

1 Cairoli
2 Roczen (really close call between those 2 for first)
3 Herlings
4 Desalle
5 Paulin
|
Phillips467
4/2/2015 11:14am
i'd agree with you on that list and the order. Although some could make a case for Musquin's name being chucked into the discussion...
ATKpilot99
4/2/2015 11:18am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2015 11:20am
Nagl is looking pretty good lately. Sorry . just noticed you mentioned him.
RY4N37
4/2/2015 11:33am
I think I probably argue with the order you put them in. Cairoli has to be number 1 for how many titles he has.

It's my personal opinion that when Herlings is 100% he is faster than pretty much everyone else on the planet. But he needs to move onto a 450 or a 350 to prove it
Jefro98
4/2/2015 11:35am
I would place Herlings second and Roczen third but that's probably because I'm biased being Dutch.Cool

The Shop

4/2/2015 11:37am
i'd agree with you on that list and the order. Although some could make a case for Musquin's name being chucked into the discussion...
Forget about Marvin...
Yes Musquin (and Pourcel) could be up there. Both really fast and technical. But as a french, in our Country, Paulin is considered as the best rider even if the 2 above are close to him I think. That is why I can't take them above GP21 on my list even if I would like too. I mean, I can't really see them winning an MXDN going 1-1 for example...
4/2/2015 11:41am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Nagl is looking pretty good lately. Sorry . just noticed you mentioned him.
I was really thinking about putting Nagl. But even if he's better than Paulin the beginning of this season, for me GP is just a little bit more talented. Just an opinion though. And 5th was the most difficult to give, because there's Paulin, Nagl, Strijbos, Van Horebeek, Musquin, Pourcel, Febvre etc...
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/2/2015 11:43am
The best of what?
If you mean the GP circuit then rank roczen a little lower below herlings at least.
IIf you think both series combined then roczen first and add musquin to your top5 I guess.
Tough call, I think we haven't seen the best of Paulin this season, I expected him to outperform desalle to be honest.
IWreckALot
4/2/2015 11:58am
RY4N37 wrote:
I think I probably argue with the order you put them in. Cairoli has to be number 1 for how many titles he has. It's my...
I think I probably argue with the order you put them in. Cairoli has to be number 1 for how many titles he has.

It's my personal opinion that when Herlings is 100% he is faster than pretty much everyone else on the planet. But he needs to move onto a 450 or a 350 to prove it
But he needs to move onto a 450 or a 350 to prove it

Fuckin A. . . Truer words have never been spoken.
struth
4/2/2015 12:04pm
Caroli
Rock Zen
Desalle
Herlings
Nagal
Rowlands
4/2/2015 12:17pm
Cairoli
Roczen
Herlings
Desalle
Nagl

For me paulin isn't performing at his best ATM, but I hope that changes
4/2/2015 12:32pm
If Pourcel still had a ride and put in the same work like he did in 2009, he would be very high in that list.

hvaughn88
4/2/2015 12:34pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
If Pourcel still had a ride and put in the same work like he did in 2009, he would be very high in that list.

crazy to think that was 6 years ago
4/2/2015 12:34pm
crusty_xx wrote:
The best of what? If you mean the GP circuit then rank roczen a little lower below herlings at least. IIf you think both series combined...
The best of what?
If you mean the GP circuit then rank roczen a little lower below herlings at least.
IIf you think both series combined then roczen first and add musquin to your top5 I guess.
Tough call, I think we haven't seen the best of Paulin this season, I expected him to outperform desalle to be honest.
Agree. If you add supercross, it changes everything.
c130
4/2/2015 1:17pm
Who is actually the best european rider ? There's some guys who are really good: Cairoli, Roczen, Herlings, Desalle, Nagl, Paulin... But who is the best...
Who is actually the best european rider ?

There's some guys who are really good: Cairoli, Roczen, Herlings, Desalle, Nagl, Paulin...

But who is the best of the best ?

If I have to put a top 5, I 'll say

1 Cairoli
2 Roczen (really close call between those 2 for first)
3 Herlings
4 Desalle
5 Paulin
I agree with your prediction but I think once Herlings goes 450 and stays injury free he would climb that ladder as will be the man to beat!
TDeath21
4/2/2015 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2015 1:24pm
It's not fair to compare GP riders and AMA riders. Here's why:

MX is the only thing they both ride, so that's really the only comparison we can make. That's not fair to the AMA riders, since they spend half of the year (actually a little more) training for SX, and a little under half the year training for MX. GP riders are training for MX year round. This gives them an unfair advantage if we only compare MX. The other side to the coin is that SX has to be taken into account, since it's half the racing the AMA guys do. A dominant SX guy who is top 5 in MX should be considered a top rider. That's not fair to GP riders though, since they never even train for SX. It's an epic paradox that has no conclusion. That's why I will never rank riders of GP and AMA together.

That being said, here's my current list.

AMA:

1. Roczen
2. Musquin
3. Are there other Europeans in the AMA series I'm missing? My brain isn't working today.

GP:

1. Cairoli
2. Desalle
3. Nagl
4. Paulin
5. Herlings
RY4N37
4/2/2015 2:02pm
RY4N37 wrote:
I think I probably argue with the order you put them in. Cairoli has to be number 1 for how many titles he has. It's my...

IWreckALot wrote:

Worth pointing out though that Herlings is nearly a full year younger than J Martin. The only reason people are on his case to move up is because he is so much better than everyone else, which isn't realy his fault. I just want him to move up to answer his critics and show how good he really is
HenryA
4/2/2015 3:29pm
RY4N37 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:

RY4N37 wrote:
Worth pointing out though that Herlings is nearly a full year younger than J Martin. The only reason people are on his case to move up...
Worth pointing out though that Herlings is nearly a full year younger than J Martin. The only reason people are on his case to move up is because he is so much better than everyone else, which isn't realy his fault. I just want him to move up to answer his critics and show how good he really is
...worth pointing out is that Roczen (who is 5 months older than Herlings) is also born in 1994 and is the current 450mx champ.
RY4N37
4/2/2015 3:57pm
IWreckALot wrote:

RY4N37 wrote:
Worth pointing out though that Herlings is nearly a full year younger than J Martin. The only reason people are on his case to move up...
HenryA wrote:
...worth pointing out is that Roczen (who is 5 months older than Herlings) is also born in 1994 and is the current 450mx champ.
It's true, but Roczen has virtually one full season over Herlings in terms of experience. I'm not saying Herlings shouldn't move up, just that he doesn't deserve the flack he gets for not doing so yet. Especially seeing how it's not fully his decision
PressPassP
4/2/2015 4:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2015 4:18pm
Herlings
Cairoli
Nagl
Roczen
Desalle
Paulin
Van Horbeek
Strijbos
Febvre
Ferrandis
Musquin
de Dyker
Tixier

Herlings shades it for me after seeing him in person and has raced a 350 on numerous occasions,including beating Strijbos,de Dycker,Bobby etc by a minute in Nationals quite a while ago (and I'm a big AC fan)
Bruce372
4/2/2015 5:51pm
How the hell can Herlings be above Roczen??

Herlings has one 250 world title

Roczen has one 250 world title, plus a supercross250 title and a 450 AMA title.
RY4N37
4/2/2015 6:37pm
Bruce372 wrote:
How the hell can Herlings be above Roczen?? Herlings has one 250 world title Roczen has one 250 world title, plus a supercross250 title and a...
How the hell can Herlings be above Roczen??

Herlings has one 250 world title

Roczen has one 250 world title, plus a supercross250 title and a 450 AMA title.
Herlings has 2 world titles
struth
4/2/2015 6:49pm
PressPassP wrote:
Herlings Cairoli Nagl Roczen Desalle Paulin Van Horbeek Strijbos Febvre Ferrandis Musquin de Dyker Tixier Herlings shades it for me after seeing him in person and...
Herlings
Cairoli
Nagl
Roczen
Desalle
Paulin
Van Horbeek
Strijbos
Febvre
Ferrandis
Musquin
de Dyker
Tixier

Herlings shades it for me after seeing him in person and has raced a 350 on numerous occasions,including beating Strijbos,de Dycker,Bobby etc by a minute in Nationals quite a while ago (and I'm a big AC fan)
Herlings, maybe if it was deep sand tracks only.
Justride251
Fantasy
172nd
4/2/2015 7:14pm
TDeath21 and Bruce372 are 100% on point. I couldn't agree with you more.
dice78
4/2/2015 8:19pm
This shit is really easy KR94 is #1 he kick ass on both sides..and I think he won the 450 Title in his first year killing #5 #41 #22 #3 #7
Flip109
4/2/2015 9:14pm
dice78 wrote:
This shit is really easy KR94 is #1 he kick ass on both sides..and I think he won the 450 Title in his first year killing...
This shit is really easy KR94 is #1 he kick ass on both sides..and I think he won the 450 Title in his first year killing #5 #41 #22 #3 #7
Mmmmm yes
Ninurta
4/2/2015 9:31pm
TDeath21 wrote:
It's not fair to compare GP riders and AMA riders. Here's why: MX is the only thing they both ride, so that's really the only comparison...
It's not fair to compare GP riders and AMA riders. Here's why:

MX is the only thing they both ride, so that's really the only comparison we can make. That's not fair to the AMA riders, since they spend half of the year (actually a little more) training for SX, and a little under half the year training for MX. GP riders are training for MX year round. This gives them an unfair advantage if we only compare MX. The other side to the coin is that SX has to be taken into account, since it's half the racing the AMA guys do. A dominant SX guy who is top 5 in MX should be considered a top rider. That's not fair to GP riders though, since they never even train for SX. It's an epic paradox that has no conclusion. That's why I will never rank riders of GP and AMA together.

That being said, here's my current list.

AMA:

1. Roczen
2. Musquin
3. Are there other Europeans in the AMA series I'm missing? My brain isn't working today.

GP:

1. Cairoli
2. Desalle
3. Nagl
4. Paulin
5. Herlings
Wilson is European... Noren also.
That's not much if we can't name more Dry
Aryen
4/2/2015 11:13pm
PressPassP wrote:
Herlings Cairoli Nagl Roczen Desalle Paulin Van Horbeek Strijbos Febvre Ferrandis Musquin de Dyker Tixier Herlings shades it for me after seeing him in person and...
Herlings
Cairoli
Nagl
Roczen
Desalle
Paulin
Van Horbeek
Strijbos
Febvre
Ferrandis
Musquin
de Dyker
Tixier

I've also seen Herlings being beat by Strijbos in nationals although I'm not sure if he was on a big bike or not.

Still:

Cairoli
Herlings
Roczen
Paulin
Desalle

Post a reply to: Cairoli, Herlings, Roczen, Desalle...

The Latest