Cairoli/Febvre incident- Cairoli GoPro footage

RG1
Edited Date/Time 5/31/2016 1:07pm
Check it out here:

As you can see, Cairoli can't see Febvre at all coming into the turn, when he see's him, he checks up, then he sees a gap to get through the inside so he acclerates again. As he does Febvre puts his arm back, onto the bank on the inside and Cairoli cannot avoid hitting it. Pure racing incident in my opinion, and Febvre should take time to watch this footage before he gets pissy with Cairoli
|
RG1
5/29/2016 1:03am
The original link didn't work, hopefully this will be better!

Cairoli GoPro
Question
5/29/2016 1:41am

The first camera angle is indeed different, with the gopro it shows it is a very bad racing incident, impossible to anticipate that Febvre would put his arm here again.

Hopefully nothing is broken so he can salvage big points today !
Robgvx
5/29/2016 2:07am
If my worst enemy crashed in front of me I wouldn't intentionally ride into them.

That's because I might crash too

The Shop

mmcmx
5/29/2016 2:14am
Why does he "gas" it in the inside like you say instead of riding cautiously to the inside?
RG1
5/29/2016 2:23am
mmcmx wrote:
Why does he "gas" it in the inside like you say instead of riding cautiously to the inside?
2 reasons. First of all, Febvre is lying across the rut that Cairoli is riding in. Therefore Cairoli has to climb out of the rut, which requires blipping the throttle to lift the front end. Secondly, inside that rut is a big bank, which Cairoli had to ride over, so therefore he has to accelerate
HenryA
5/29/2016 2:30am
Ehum you can clearly see that Paulin has his foot in the rut that Cairoli is aiming at? Why would he attemp to take that line even if Paulin is standing right there?
RG1
5/29/2016 2:36am
HenryA wrote:
Ehum you can clearly see that Paulin has his foot in the rut that Cairoli is aiming at? Why would he attemp to take that line...
Ehum you can clearly see that Paulin has his foot in the rut that Cairoli is aiming at? Why would he attemp to take that line even if Paulin is standing right there?
Look how late you can see where Paulin's leg is! As soon as he sees it he turns away from it. Have you ever ridden a bike? My god
5/29/2016 2:47am
Looks like cairoli found some extra traction to me. The fact Febvre is getting pissy about it says more about his mental state than the incident
HenryA
5/29/2016 2:49am
HenryA wrote:
Ehum you can clearly see that Paulin has his foot in the rut that Cairoli is aiming at? Why would he attemp to take that line...
RG1 wrote:
Look how late you can see where Paulin's leg is! As soon as he sees it he turns away from it. Have you ever ridden a...
Look how late you can see where Paulin's leg is! As soon as he sees it he turns away from it. Have you ever ridden a bike? My god
Yeah, it's impossible to see Paulin in is fluorescent gear.
agn5009
5/29/2016 2:54am
Looks like cairoli found some extra traction to me. The fact Febvre is getting pissy about it says more about his mental state than the incident
Febvre has had words with multiple different riders the last few weeks, hasn't he?
RG1
5/29/2016 3:06am
HenryA wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Look how late you can see where Paulin's leg is! As soon as he sees it he turns away from it. Have you ever ridden a...
HenryA wrote:
He can see him, no question. But seeing him and seeing where his feet are are 2 very different things.
Chugger
5/29/2016 3:19am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2016 3:19am
That's the trouble with 4 strokes, you just can't throw them around like the lightweight smokers......
C-Rock
5/29/2016 3:41am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2016 5:30am
Cairoli just cares about not losing positions and doesn't give a f*** to run over a downed rider, that's all that can be seen.
And you see it very clearly.
"He cannot avoid hitting him", lmfao.
Real dirty.

Dry
RG1
5/29/2016 3:48am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2016 3:49am
C-Rock wrote:
Cairoli just cares about not losing positions and doesn't give a f*** to run over a downed rider, that's all that can be seen. And you...
Cairoli just cares about not losing positions and doesn't give a f*** to run over a downed rider, that's all that can be seen.
Real dirty.

Dry
Please enlighten us as to how he could've miraculously avoided him when Febvre puts his arm straight into Cairoli's path?

Edit: I've just seen that you are French. Say no more
Bearuno
5/29/2016 3:49am
RG1 wrote:
HenryA wrote:
RG1 wrote:
He can see him, no question. But seeing him and seeing where his feet are are 2 very different things.
So, it appears Paulin now has the right to have a whinge now, to???????????? It didn't effect him in any way.

RG1 - you are right - it's a valid question whether some of these people looking to claim victim-hood for RB ride bikes, or, have ever ridden in a remotely competitive fashion.

Cairoli's pinning it, in a World Championship Moto, and comes hurtling into a corner, to find three riders playing 'twister' . He did a hell of a job not just slamming into them. He goes hard inside, not slamming into Paulin,, and is already going up onto a severe camber inner bank, as RB puts out his arm. The helmet cam shows clearly that he did not just 'tractor' over RB, but some seem to still think that's the case..

But it appears some people expect Cairoli to stop completely, and wait whilst the other riders get untangled. "After you, No, after you" ever and anon. The way some people are carrying on, you'd think that Cairoli had been way outside, spotted an 'opportunity for destruction'. and had deliberately dived straight over to the inside, to purposely run over Febvre. Seriously, some seem to want to create mountains out of molehills.

It's the sort of 'scandal' that I expect to come from the SX fanboys, not MXGP followers.
Andy86
5/29/2016 3:49am
Chugger wrote:
That's the trouble with 4 strokes, you just can't throw them around like the lightweight smokers......
HAHA well said 4 strokes are like tampon's only pussies need em lmao
wreckitrandy
5/29/2016 4:03am
If Cairoli had intentionally been trying to run over someone, why didn't he bother to do some real damage? The opportunity was certainly there. You guys crying over that just like a good cry. Carry on.
Chugger
5/29/2016 4:06am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2016 4:06am
C-Rock wrote:
Cairoli just cares about not losing positions and doesn't give a f*** to run over a downed rider, that's all that can be seen. And you...
Real dirty.

Dry
RG1 wrote:
Please enlighten us as to how he could've miraculously avoided him when Febvre puts his arm straight into Cairoli's path? Edit: I've just seen that you...
Please enlighten us as to how he could've miraculously avoided him when Febvre puts his arm straight into Cairoli's path?

Isn't 'not so' Great Britain more poverty stricken, uneducated and backwards than the Frenchies?
Rowlands
5/29/2016 4:06am
Any word on Febvre is he going to ride today ?

I can see why Febvre is pissed as Cairoli didn't exactly slow down for Febvre BUT the speed that it would have happend at it is very hard to act that quickly and avoid a collision. I know for sure I have rode over serval people/ bikes unintentionally but I may have seemed to them as I did it on purpose. I just hope Febvre is not to badly hurt and can beat Cairoli and that Dam 258
5/29/2016 4:10am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2016 4:17am
RG1 wrote:
Please enlighten us as to how he could've miraculously avoided him when Febvre puts his arm straight into Cairoli's path? Edit: I've just seen that you...

again ... he could have used his brakes instead of hitting the gas ....

Paulin his foot is in the rut, and 1 meter further, Febvre is arm is in the rut.

He's in a position with riders on the ground in front of him. Why he's not braking?
oldrider
5/29/2016 4:13am
Bearuno wrote:
So, it appears Paulin now has the right to have a whinge now, to???????????? It didn't effect him in any way. RG1 - you are right...
So, it appears Paulin now has the right to have a whinge now, to???????????? It didn't effect him in any way.

RG1 - you are right - it's a valid question whether some of these people looking to claim victim-hood for RB ride bikes, or, have ever ridden in a remotely competitive fashion.

Cairoli's pinning it, in a World Championship Moto, and comes hurtling into a corner, to find three riders playing 'twister' . He did a hell of a job not just slamming into them. He goes hard inside, not slamming into Paulin,, and is already going up onto a severe camber inner bank, as RB puts out his arm. The helmet cam shows clearly that he did not just 'tractor' over RB, but some seem to still think that's the case..

But it appears some people expect Cairoli to stop completely, and wait whilst the other riders get untangled. "After you, No, after you" ever and anon. The way some people are carrying on, you'd think that Cairoli had been way outside, spotted an 'opportunity for destruction'. and had deliberately dived straight over to the inside, to purposely run over Febvre. Seriously, some seem to want to create mountains out of molehills.

It's the sort of 'scandal' that I expect to come from the SX fanboys, not MXGP followers.
+ 1
RG1
5/29/2016 4:13am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2016 4:14am
C-Rock wrote:
Real dirty.

Dry
RG1 wrote:

Chugger wrote:
Isn't 'not so' Great Britain more poverty stricken, uneducated and backwards than the Frenchies?
Last time I checked, no. Anyway, my point wasn't an attack on the French as a nation, but merely stating that because the guy is French he is bound to think heavily in Febvre's favour
Chugger
5/29/2016 4:22am
RG1 wrote:

Chugger wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Last time I checked, no. Anyway, my point wasn't an attack on the French as a nation, but merely stating that because the guy is French...
Last time I checked, no. Anyway, my point wasn't an attack on the French as a nation, but merely stating that because the guy is French he is bound to think heavily in Febvre's favour
I got that bro, just trolling the net while the fire team out extinguish the wives cooking.
Crush
5/29/2016 4:38am
To be fair, at the moment he gassed it, there was a path through... then Febvre stuck his arm out/rolled over.

Bad deal.
machine
5/29/2016 4:41am
Crush wrote:
To be fair, at the moment he gassed it, there was a path through... then Febvre stuck his arm out/rolled over.

Bad deal.
Agreed
mmcmx
5/29/2016 5:02am
Crush wrote:

Bad deal.
machine wrote:
Agreed
You shouldn't gas it inches away from downed riders ever, period.
Crush
5/29/2016 5:10am
mmcmx wrote:
You shouldn't gas it inches away from downed riders ever, period.
Ok.

Well, that might be your view, but it certainly is held or upheld by the vast majority of riders around the world. The amount of times i've seen that sort of incident in races or personally it's not even worth arguing.
vschaik141
5/29/2016 5:15am
Cairoli didn't have the luxury of warching that vid 20 times before makin a discision

Post a reply to: Cairoli/Febvre incident- Cairoli GoPro footage

The Latest