Cade Clason's comments to Matthes RE: Chad Reed

I agree what Chad did was wrong, but really Cade Clason?

Cade Clason: "I don't know man. Chads done it two weeks in a row. Like when he, when he held up Marvin in I think it was Detroit. I was like okay that's annoying, but whatever. Like at least he's not holding up the important people that are battling for championships. And then, this weekend it was like, blatantly like he was in the way and like he looked back a couple times and saw Dungey and I was like, Dude you're in like last. Come on. Like, get out of the way."

Steve Matthes: "Right, but he was pissed at Dunge, so..."

Cade Clason: "I don't care if he's pissed or not, that's stupid. Like, just 'cause you sucked all year doesn't mean you gotta ruin some, somebody else, ya know?"

Steve Matthes: "Okay but he was mad at Dunge already, so....I'm just trying to tell you what his mindset was. I respect your opinion - absolutely."

I understand this is taken somewhat out of context and is just bench racing, but with all due respect to Cade, that's some pretty strong language from someone who didn't even make the main.
|
peelout
4/7/2017 3:17pm
dude said "Like" ten times in the first statement alone. anything he say's after the first "like" can not be taken seriously.
early
Fantasy
2212th
4/7/2017 3:19pm
I listened to the show and i dont think the language was all that strong.

The Shop

BroFoSho
4/7/2017 3:33pm
If you don't include fill-in riders, Chad was the LAST place factory bike in St. Louis. So yeah.... he kinda sucked it up hardcore
newmann
4/7/2017 3:37pm
Did Don ever get paid.....?
Dude, what's your problem, dude? Oh, like that was like the wrong reference like to your question. Like, sorry, dude.
4/7/2017 3:42pm
He's young and doesn't understand how older people with money think.

Maybe he is the type of dude to send Asterisk 10,000 on a 5K fine, in case he gets another chance.
davistld01
4/7/2017 3:48pm
Chad Reed fans love to say that Chad always speaks his mind no matter what...and that he holds nothing back.

Sounds like Cade Clason did the same.

zehn
4/7/2017 3:53pm
Best part was Matthes backhandedly defending Reed as always.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
4/7/2017 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2017 3:55pm
Big talk from a guy who's made like 4 mains
It's 4 more mains than you and I will ever make.
Bob693
4/7/2017 3:59pm
zehn wrote:
As if being pissed at Dungey is justification.
kiwifan
4/7/2017 4:07pm
It does matter how good a racer Cade is, his comments are spot on and probably echo what other riders think too (top 3 riders or non-qualifiers). I cant see one rider supporting what Chad did, however please post links to those that do if I am wrong.
stewie94
4/7/2017 4:10pm
Laughing yal get so butthurt over somebody's opinions
4/7/2017 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2017 4:11pm
zehn wrote:
Seriously, "b-but he was mad, just trying to tell you what his mindset was."

It was never a question of his mindset, we all knew why he was mad. If some guy is pissed about rush-hour traffic and decides to ram the car in front of him in anger, we would all know why he did it, but that doesn't excuse the fact that what he did was wrong.

You guys can nitpick at Cade's, like, grammar and whatnot, but when it comes down to it he's just saying what many others have been saying since it happened.
4/7/2017 4:12pm
kiwifan wrote:
It does matter how good a racer Cade is, his comments are spot on and probably echo what other riders think too (top 3 riders or...
It does matter how good a racer Cade is, his comments are spot on and probably echo what other riders think too (top 3 riders or non-qualifiers). I cant see one rider supporting what Chad did, however please post links to those that do if I am wrong.
What till Reed and Clason are in the same heat one day.

LOLZ.
Bramlett321
4/7/2017 4:26pm
early wrote:
I listened to the show and i dont think the language was all that strong.
^^^^ I agree...We had to start another thread about this?? Guys are just voicing their opinions for crying out loud!!
shredder22
4/7/2017 4:37pm
zehn wrote:
Seriously, "b-but he was [i]mad[/i], just trying to tell you what his mindset was." It was never a question of his mindset, we all knew [i]why[/i]...
Seriously, "b-but he was mad, just trying to tell you what his mindset was."

It was never a question of his mindset, we all knew why he was mad. If some guy is pissed about rush-hour traffic and decides to ram the car in front of him in anger, we would all know why he did it, but that doesn't excuse the fact that what he did was wrong.

You guys can nitpick at Cade's, like, grammar and whatnot, but when it comes down to it he's just saying what many others have been saying since it happened.
Exactly. It doesn't matter that he was pissed at Dungey. He shouldn't have done it. I still wish Dungey would have punted him as soon as it became obvious what Chad was doing.
resetjet
4/7/2017 5:45pm
BroFoSho wrote:
If you don't include fill-in riders, Chad was the LAST place factory bike in St. Louis. So yeah.... he kinda sucked it up hardcore
Yes but it is possible he dropped anchor to allow dungey to come around. Dungey poked the old bull and got the horns!!!!
Mini Elsinore
4/7/2017 5:58pm
Did Don ever get paid.....?
newmann wrote:
Dude, what's your problem, dude? Oh, like that was like the wrong reference like to your question. Like, sorry, dude.
Like, that bike didn't even have like all the shit on it, man. Laughing
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/7/2017 6:33pm
Dungey needs to go out in the first practice and put Reed into the cheap seats and when Reed come back out he should do it again to make a statement. "The meek shall inherit nothing"
Crush
4/7/2017 7:02pm
BroFoSho wrote:
resetjet wrote:
Yes but it is possible he dropped anchor to allow dungey to come around. Dungey poked the old bull and got the horns!!!!
Smh. He and Cooper got a bad start and both crashed, and Weimer was behind them.
gt80rider
4/7/2017 7:06pm
What till Reed and Clason are in the same heat one day.

LOLZ.
Exactly.... Chad has a lot to lose, clason, nothing... So if clason parks him in the cheap seats Reed would get a good solid dose of his own medicine... We'll see how he likes that....
tcallahan707
4/7/2017 7:17pm
Big talk from a guy who's made like 4 mains
To you and the OP, I'm not sure why it matters how many mains he's made. Matthes asked him a question and he answered honestly. Would the language be more acceptable if it came from a factory rider? People would flip shit then too. We need to stop making everything a story when it's harmless.
C.Worthy
4/7/2017 7:18pm
gt80rider wrote:
Exactly.... Chad has a lot to lose, clason, nothing... So if clason parks him in the cheap seats Reed would get a good solid dose of...
Exactly.... Chad has a lot to lose, clason, nothing... So if clason parks him in the cheap seats Reed would get a good solid dose of his own medicine... We'll see how he likes that....
What did Reed do/say to Clason for him to have any mindset of wanting to park him? horrible example
4/7/2017 7:30pm
gt80rider wrote:
Exactly.... Chad has a lot to lose, clason, nothing... So if clason parks him in the cheap seats Reed would get a good solid dose of...
I think Chad would do the parking. Never underestimate a crafty veteran, who doesn't need the money.
wfo4ever
4/7/2017 7:31pm
Dungey should have just passed Reed, the track was wide enough to pass on. Also the AMA screwed this whole blue flag thing up. If there was a problem with Reed, the AMA should have black flagged Reed. that is the rules. Instead they fine him a few days after the race,. WTF? I forgot it is the AMA, never mind.

Post a reply to: Cade Clason's comments to Matthes RE: Chad Reed

The Latest