CW1 dislocated ribs

berniepiet
Edited Date/Time 3/8/2020 7:37pm
He Rode last week with 2 dislocated ribs as well as his injury from Dallas. About as tough as you can get. Respect
|
deluxeman
3/8/2020 6:09am
No kidding, anyone with a rib injury knows how painful those are. The guy is the real deal. Love him or hate him he is a warrior.
Racer111
3/8/2020 6:29am
There is a HUGE difference in broken and dislocated ribs. In fact, unless you’ve been to chiropractor recently you probably have them as well. Ribs get out of place fairly easily.

When you’re at the Chiro and they bring out the activator and start using it on your torso, they are actually putting ribs back in place. I go once a week. The more active you are the more common it is and it’s not painful in the least. Ralph and Ricky are just trying to make our sport and Cooper seem like Gods. I’m sure Cooper had some discomfort in Atlanta from the bone bruise, but the ONLY thing dislocated ribs are going to affect is your breathing. As in not letting you breathe in as deep you do when your ribs are where they are supposed to be.

Racer111
3/8/2020 6:39am
For reference.......This is an activator.

The Shop

logan_140
3/8/2020 7:35am
Racer111 wrote:
There is a HUGE difference in broken and dislocated ribs. In fact, unless you’ve been to chiropractor recently you probably have them as well. Ribs get...
There is a HUGE difference in broken and dislocated ribs. In fact, unless you’ve been to chiropractor recently you probably have them as well. Ribs get out of place fairly easily.

When you’re at the Chiro and they bring out the activator and start using it on your torso, they are actually putting ribs back in place. I go once a week. The more active you are the more common it is and it’s not painful in the least. Ralph and Ricky are just trying to make our sport and Cooper seem like Gods. I’m sure Cooper had some discomfort in Atlanta from the bone bruise, but the ONLY thing dislocated ribs are going to affect is your breathing. As in not letting you breathe in as deep you do when your ribs are where they are supposed to be.

Well I mean you did see him on the podium right? He could barely breathe in ATL on the podium
Jroc
Fantasy
2533rd
3/8/2020 7:35am
Racer111 wrote:
There is a HUGE difference in broken and dislocated ribs. In fact, unless you’ve been to chiropractor recently you probably have them as well. Ribs get...

Seems like being able to take deep breaths would be pretty important in a supercross race.
Racer111
3/8/2020 9:33am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2020 9:34am
Racer111 wrote:

Jroc wrote:
Seems like being able to take deep breaths would be pretty important in a supercross race.
I did an entire Ironman race with dislocated ribs. When I say you can’t breathe AS deep I’m not suggesting you’re at 50%. With a few ribs out of place Coop was probably breathing at 95-96%. Probably didn’t even notice it until his HR spiked 200BPM.
gt80rider
3/8/2020 9:52am
Popped a rib back into place that had been out for years a few weeks ago (via yoga).... Omg it hurt at first, now it feels "natural" again for the first time in a decade...
captmoto
3/8/2020 9:53am
I had a dislocated rib once. It kept moving for 3 days. Each time it moved I felt like I got stabbed. By the 5th day it was like noting happened. Cooper had to feel like shit if he had more than 1 dislocated.
APLMAN99
3/8/2020 10:17am
I had a bad twinge near my shoulder blade for nearly 6 months. It would be okay for most of the day, then a shooting pain that would buckle your knees.

Wife finally made me go to the doctor and he said I had a dislocated “floating” back rib. Popped it in but said that because I’d waited so long it’d pop out again really easily. Had to go to physical therapy to build up the muscle to hold it back in.

Definitely hurt, but I was able to work 6 months with it. Not as physical as a racer type of work, though.....

Now I have to put a tennis ball on the ground and down with it just below my shoulder blade every other night to maintain it, but it’s been awesome not to have to have those shooting pains.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/8/2020 10:20am
He got dislocated ribs from them taping him too tight, not from him crashing.

Dislocated ribs are far cry from broken ribs, yes they’re painful but you can still breathe fine.
APLMAN99
3/8/2020 10:22am
Racer111 wrote:

Dislocated ribs “aren’t painful in the least”?

I’d say that you have never actually had truly dislocated ribs, then. Mine could not have been put back in with an actuator.

toroP
3/8/2020 10:28am
Racer111 wrote:
For reference.......This is an activator. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/08/409265/s1200_3B53EBCB_2A20_47DC_9904_E361C45A07CD.jpg[/img]
For reference.......This is an activator.
Ah, I wondered what that was. My wife has one in her sock drawer.
H4L
3/8/2020 10:38am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2020 11:22am
toroP wrote:
Are you not able to perform to her expectations ? Also, wouldn't it be in the pantie drawer. JK.. Tongue
3/8/2020 10:47am
If they were that bad, he wouldn’t be racing. Look at him hes not in any pain. When i hurt my ribs in a bmx crash there was no racing or riding for 6 weeks i could barely move the pain was intense
resetjet
3/8/2020 7:37pm
Hes had a tough year. I see him finishing on the podium for sure. Tough dude.
hamncheeze
3/8/2020 7:42pm
toroP wrote:
Super LOL, my eyes are watering right now from laughing. I guess I don't have a dislocated rib.
loftyair
3/8/2020 7:46pm
Whats your racing strategy this year? Im gonna say that I have a broken femur, just act like it hurts. That should slow them down, make it easier for me.
3/9/2020 8:48am
Yeah, no! I don't think he had a dislocated rib. Probably had subluxated rib where his rib heads sort of "misaligned" from the cartilage joints. If he had a dislocated rib, he wouldn't be able to finish off. I've experienced but, and it ain't pretty.
3/9/2020 10:14am
resetjet wrote:
Hes had a tough year. I see him finishing on the podium for sure. Tough dude.
Yes....starting off sick and then that crash.

He's young...he's got a number of titles to come.

Post a reply to: CW1 dislocated ribs

The Latest