CRF450 2018 won’t start

My 2018 crf450 will not turn over, no noise is made when I try and start the bike. The battery has power but it won’t allow me to start bike. I have washed it and this has caused the issue I’m assuming but I have to idea where to start to find the issue, any suggestion?
|
kb228
9/12/2018 4:13am
Id start by going through each electrical connector and drying them all out and putting dielectric grease in them. Load test the battery after that.
9/12/2018 4:34am
kb228 wrote:
Id start by going through each electrical connector and drying them all out and putting dielectric grease in them. Load test the battery after that.
This. I had problems with my 2017 starting once in a while, but the problem went away after I put dielectric grease on every electrical connector. Make sure you put the grease where the grounds connect to the frame, as well.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/12/2018 4:37am
Unplug the map/kill switch (follow the wire, there’s a plug behind the left radiator shroud) and see if it’ll start then. If it does, the switch is bad, they get moisture inside of them and short out. I’ve had two of those switches die before.
9/12/2018 4:44am
ML512 wrote:
Unplug the map/kill switch (follow the wire, there’s a plug behind the left radiator shroud) and see if it’ll start then. If it does, the switch...
Unplug the map/kill switch (follow the wire, there’s a plug behind the left radiator shroud) and see if it’ll start then. If it does, the switch is bad, they get moisture inside of them and short out. I’ve had two of those switches die before.
I thought this was my issue. The first time it happened was after I pressure washed my bike after practice. When it occurred down at the starting line at my last race, I hadn’t washed my bike in a week, so I thought I eliminated this. Since I dielectric greased everything, it hasn’t happened again, but maybe that is coincidence. I’ll go pick up another kill switch just in case.

The Shop

MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
9/12/2018 5:10am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2018 5:13am
ML512 wrote:
Unplug the map/kill switch (follow the wire, there’s a plug behind the left radiator shroud) and see if it’ll start then. If it does, the switch...
On that track also, trace the wire back from your safety switch on the clutch perch to a spot behind the number plate, cut the wire and strip both ends and twist them together. Then electrical tape the pigtail.

It will eliminate the requirement to have the clutch pulled in when starting. If that plunger sensor is bad it may be killing your starting system.

Take your lever off, push the sensor out of the perch, and fill the hole with silicone.

????
Paw Paw 271
9/12/2018 6:12am
The OEM batteries are junk. Have the battery load tested as I suspect it has a bad cell that is shorting under load.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: CRF450 2018 won’t start

The Latest