CRF problems

mxandy963
8/28/2017 6:36pm
29.4 hours on my boys bike. Still going strong. I noticed what revitout said and last weekend I pulled the cover off for an inspection. Clutch plates stuck together but not broken. Installed Hinson and back at it. I work on all our bikes myself and have to say from a mechanic stand point this bike is solid. New oil and air filter every two hours of ride time.
revitout
8/28/2017 7:14pm
Since then I am running Rekluse radius CX clutch kit, with free play gain set at lever. Way better than the EXP 3.0 adjustment. Running ASV C6 lever so I can adjust reach. it is working out better than I expected, still using the lever like normal and it feels great. Did some steep rutted track in the bush the other day , dragging bike around stuck riders and it kept running, Zero stalling, no need for electric start now! Rekluse is great for MX bike (because of the gear ratios) in the woods. One thing I'm keeping an eye on tho is the gas smell in the oil , It seems to be very runny when I do an oil change , anyone noticed this?
tempura
8/28/2017 8:03pm
revitout wrote:
Since then I am running Rekluse radius CX clutch kit, with free play gain set at lever. Way better than the EXP 3.0 adjustment. Running ASV...
Since then I am running Rekluse radius CX clutch kit, with free play gain set at lever. Way better than the EXP 3.0 adjustment. Running ASV C6 lever so I can adjust reach. it is working out better than I expected, still using the lever like normal and it feels great. Did some steep rutted track in the bush the other day , dragging bike around stuck riders and it kept running, Zero stalling, no need for electric start now! Rekluse is great for MX bike (because of the gear ratios) in the woods. One thing I'm keeping an eye on tho is the gas smell in the oil , It seems to be very runny when I do an oil change , anyone noticed this?
Fuel getting in the oil has apparently been a problem with Honda's injector for years. Some people say keeping it TDC helps.

The Shop

LMX
10/25/2017 11:31pm
TeamGreen wrote:
There were SEVERAL "Pre-Production" bikes in the very beginning... I believe some of the media-launch bikes at Monster Mt. (?) were pre-prods? I'd heard of a...
There were SEVERAL "Pre-Production" bikes in the very beginning...
I believe some of the media-launch bikes at Monster Mt. (?) were pre-prods?
I'd heard of a starting issue/kick-start-back-firing even causing "broken cases" at the kick-starter...?

Since then, I have personally beat the living shit outta 2 CRF-Rs & 2-RXs...in-fact, ML512 and I Roosted ourselves like a coupl'a angry-racers at Cahuilla on some RXs that were ridden for 3 days of media abuse. In Baja-Conditions I've pinged an RX for a few miles and it didn't even flinch.

I've not seen any problems but for -1- magazine blowing their's up and I'll reserve judgement on that...magazine guys...pfffft!

Note: I've seen virtually EVERY BRAND have a Bad-Day in the hands of "Magazine Guys"...even 2 strokes!
I've just had the kick-start spindle crack the crank casing after just 12 hours on a crf 450 2017. Do you know of anything that can be done for Honda to cover the cost? I've heard it was a bit of a problem. Or is there another forum that u know about?
Thanks

10/26/2017 3:58pm
dude , I feel for you . I had a gearbox go on my first at 30 hrs , Honda helped out but I ended up changing
into a new one .@ 14 hrs so far , all good but ive decided I am going back to Yamaha 18 modal. im trying to sell my bike now . mine has e start I think I wont ever kick it after seeing anther one do this . not cool . apart from all this I enjoy the bike .
gpracer36
10/26/2017 6:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2017 6:58pm
TeamGreen wrote:
There were SEVERAL "Pre-Production" bikes in the very beginning... I believe some of the media-launch bikes at Monster Mt. (?) were pre-prods? I'd heard of a...
I'd heard of a starting issue/kick-start-back-firing even causing "broken cases" at the kick-starter...?

Since then, I have personally beat the living shit outta 2 CRF-Rs & 2-RXs...in-fact, ML512 and I Roosted ourselves like a coupl'a angry-racers at Cahuilla on some RXs that were ridden for 3 days of media abuse. In Baja-Conditions I've pinged an RX for a few miles and it didn't even flinch.

I've not seen any problems but for -1- magazine blowing their's up and I'll reserve judgement on that...magazine guys...pfffft!

Note: I've seen virtually EVERY BRAND have a Bad-Day in the hands of "Magazine Guys"...even 2 strokes!
LMX wrote:
I've just had the kick-start spindle crack the crank casing after just 12 hours on a crf 450 2017. Do you know of anything that can...
I've just had the kick-start spindle crack the crank casing after just 12 hours on a crf 450 2017. Do you know of anything that can be done for Honda to cover the cost? I've heard it was a bit of a problem. Or is there another forum that u know about?
Thanks

did you call your dealer? What are you expecting a web site to do? Fuel the flames is all you will get. Unproductive. Call your dealer "first", then let us know. Metal breaks sometimes. Look at the yzf450 for example. Shit happens.
Donovan759
10/27/2017 5:17am
gpracer36 wrote:
did you call your dealer? What are you expecting a web site to do? Fuel the flames is all you will get. Unproductive. Call your dealer...
did you call your dealer? What are you expecting a web site to do? Fuel the flames is all you will get. Unproductive. Call your dealer "first", then let us know. Metal breaks sometimes. Look at the yzf450 for example. Shit happens.
I'm sure he was just asking to see if anyone has had the same experience and what Honda/their dealer did for them. Calm down bro...
kuelprit 7
12/5/2017 3:34pm
TeamGreen wrote:

LMX wrote:
I've just had the kick-start spindle crack the crank casing after just 12 hours on a crf 450 2017. Do you know of anything that can...
Thanks

Mine did the exact same thing, Bolt came loose from the factory. Did Honda do anything for you?
kuelprit 7
12/5/2017 3:40pm
TeamGreen wrote:

LMX wrote:
Thanks

kuelprit 7 wrote:
Mine did the exact same thing, Bolt came loose from the factory. Did Honda do anything for you?

Post a reply to: CRF problems

The Latest