CR500 vs CRF450

kiwifan
Edited Date/Time 8/27/2015 8:17am
|
JBernard_401
8/26/2015 6:03pm
i'm more impressed that 20+ year old tech brakes, suspension, and ergos got only beat by 2sec a lap.
kiwifan
8/26/2015 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2015 6:55pm
i'm more impressed that 20+ year old tech brakes, suspension, and ergos got only beat by 2sec a lap.
exactly my thought

and it would be interested to have a modified 250 2 stroke compared to as well ...given its lighter weight, better braking perhaps...etc

The Shop

Bearuno
8/26/2015 8:46pm
Bear in mind, these 'experts' listed the CR500 as having a power valve equipped engine in that article. Um, no boys, it's an engine that with the addition of water cooling, reed valves and a CDI, is just barely above BSA Bantam / DKW era tech - and I say that lovingly, as I ride a CRE500. Perhaps that utter simplicity, is one of the reasons I love the big old cuddly teddy bear engine.With modern suspension (Ohlins TTX PDS set up, and well sorted WP CCs) and a 240mm rear / 270mm disc with Brembo caliper on the front, things are fun, and very easy to ride..

ADB is but a shadow of what it was , years ago.

Still, an entirely understandable result, but it should be an eye opener for a few, what with the little difference in lap times. Better brakes alone could have probably sorted that out.. All that time and development, really hasn't produced what so many think would be the expected difference between an ancient late eighties / early nineties bike and current wonder bikes.It's all a bit sad, really.

I only still buy ADB because I have every issue, and I usually read very little of it, it's just so useless nowadays. I remember going to the races at Amaroo in the 70s, and hearing the loud speaker ads for the first issue, for months until it came out. It was a great mag for many years, now, it's not.
jevyguy
8/26/2015 9:47pm
Very cool article. Here is my new 500 I just picked up this week [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/08/26/103051/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Very cool article. Here is my new 500 I just picked up this week

Ummmmm....SICK!!!!!
plowboy
8/27/2015 1:54am
Very cool article. Here is my new 500 I just picked up this week [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/08/26/103051/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

OMG...you lucky lucky bastard. More fun than one man should have. Frikkin awesome brother.
VET176
8/27/2015 2:25am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2015 2:27am
Bearuno wrote:
Bear in mind, these 'experts' listed the CR500 as having a power valve equipped engine in that article. Um, no boys, it's an engine that with...
Bear in mind, these 'experts' listed the CR500 as having a power valve equipped engine in that article. Um, no boys, it's an engine that with the addition of water cooling, reed valves and a CDI, is just barely above BSA Bantam / DKW era tech - and I say that lovingly, as I ride a CRE500. Perhaps that utter simplicity, is one of the reasons I love the big old cuddly teddy bear engine.With modern suspension (Ohlins TTX PDS set up, and well sorted WP CCs) and a 240mm rear / 270mm disc with Brembo caliper on the front, things are fun, and very easy to ride..

Still, an entirely understandable result, but it should be an eye opener for a few, what with the little difference in lap times. Better brakes alone could have probably sorted that out.. All that time and development, really hasn't produced what so many think would be the expected difference between an ancient late eighties / early nineties bike and current wonder bikes.It's all a bit sad, really.

I only still buy ADB because I have every issue, and I usually read very little of it, it's just so useless nowadays. I remember going to the races at Amaroo in the 70s, and hearing the loud speaker ads for the first issue, for months until it came out. It was a great mag for many years, now, it's not.
This is the same magazine that doesn't include 250 2 strokes in their 250 mx shootouts.

Fark! Last time I checked you can race one right up to national level.

Guess they don't want to upset their advertisers.
Bearuno
8/27/2015 5:04am
Bearuno wrote:
Bear in mind, these 'experts' listed the CR500 as having a power valve equipped engine in that article. Um, no boys, it's an engine that with...

VET176 wrote:
This is the same magazine that doesn't include 250 2 strokes in their 250 mx shootouts. Fark! Last time I checked you can race one right...
This is the same magazine that doesn't include 250 2 strokes in their 250 mx shootouts.

Fark! Last time I checked you can race one right up to national level.

Guess they don't want to upset their advertisers.
Yes, we've got a true 250 class here (well, even though we have rules that stop use of something as simple as $60 reeds, or better quality / cheaper than std pistons bearings, seals etc - but shit let's just be classic 'Stockholm syndrome' sufferers) , but the mags are just too bloody scared, or too bloody stupid to test Bikes together, in yearly shootouts, that are in the same bloody class..........

Equivalency - the way it bloody well should be.

Effing handicap class racing is just bullshit!
Sidecar
8/27/2015 5:58am

Very nice!!!
Spartacus
8/27/2015 8:17am

Post a reply to: CR500 vs CRF450

The Latest