CR250 Mikuni tmx jetting

Related:
Create New Tag

12/7/2018 5:11 PM

I have an 01 CR250 and I’m getting my service manual tomorrow, any tips on jetting? I am at 3500 feet of elevation. The bike has an fmf sst pipe, shorty silencer, and vforce reeds. Don’t have the money to buy a Keihin or a Lectron carb, or else I would buy one just want some tips while I’m saving for other parts.

|

12/7/2018 6:27 PM

The 60 dollar China pwk in ebay is your best option. If it's really cold up to a 460 main jet may be needed, down to a 370 if it's a hundred degrees outside. Crazy as it sounds my pwk Jets well from 2-7000 feet from 40 degrees to about 95 degrees . 02 cr250, sst was my least favorite pipe, followed by the fatty. Stock pipe far better than those two, but currently have a gnarly and it is the perfect pipe for this bike. No pipe kills the top end, the gnarly has the best low end , mid, and roll on , I run 182 and a 50 pilot. The big main jet really makes the luggability better than a 175, 178 . My favorite bike ever. And I have several newer 450s

|

when in doubt, pin it out

12/7/2018 6:41 PM

That carb, I removed directly from my 2001 cr250 , and they both like similar jetting in it, had a 180 main in the 01. Pinged a lil in the top. Went to a 182 , fixed my pinging on the 02.

|

when in doubt, pin it out

12/7/2018 7:01 PM

gsxr6 wrote:

The 60 dollar China pwk in ebay is your best option. If it's really cold up to a 460 main jet may be needed, down to a 370 if it's a hundred degrees outside. Crazy as it sounds my pwk Jets well from 2-7000 feet from 40 degrees to about 95 degrees . 02 cr250, sst was my least favorite pipe, followed by the fatty. Stock pipe far better than those two, but currently have a gnarly and it is the perfect pipe for this bike. No pipe kills the top end, the gnarly has the best low end , mid, and roll on , I run 182 and a 50 pilot. The big main jet really makes the luggability better than a 175, 178 . My favorite bike ever. And I have several newer 450s

I’d rather wait and buy the genuine one i’m Not running a replica from China. My bike just stuck WTFO on me a few weeks ago.

|

12/7/2018 7:01 PM

gsxr6 wrote:

That carb, I removed directly from my 2001 cr250 , and they both like similar jetting in it, had a 180 main in the 01. Pinged a lil in the top. Went to a 182 , fixed my pinging on the 02.

Could you explain what the numbers for jetting are?

|

12/7/2018 7:01 PM

gsxr6 wrote:

That carb, I removed directly from my 2001 cr250 , and they both like similar jetting in it, had a 180 main in the 01. Pinged a lil in the top. Went to a 182 , fixed my pinging on the 02.

Grant_m99 wrote:

Could you explain what the numbers for jetting are?

Sorry I’m a noob to all of this lol

|

12/7/2018 7:08 PM

The tmx is hopeless. I tried. Many times. The pwk is the single best mod u can make to a bike that has a tmx IMHO. Even a mikuni tm is a better option , as well as any keihin pj

|

when in doubt, pin it out

12/7/2018 7:28 PM

gsxr6 wrote:

The tmx is hopeless. I tried. Many times. The pwk is the single best mod u can make to a bike that has a tmx IMHO. Even a mikuni tm is a better option , as well as any keihin pj

Even with the s7 nozzle?

|

12/7/2018 7:34 PM

gsxr6 wrote:

The tmx is hopeless. I tried. Many times. The pwk is the single best mod u can make to a bike that has a tmx IMHO. Even a mikuni tm is a better option , as well as any keihin pj

Grant_m99 wrote:

Even with the s7 nozzle?

I know it's kinda apples and oranges but the S7 nozzle in the TMX is a huge improvement. I tried the PWK on my 03 and it worked well. But the mikuni with the S7 was better.

|

No brains, No headaches.

12/8/2018 8:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2018 9:54 AM

Chinese Keihin works great on my brothers 2002 Honda CR 250. We did replace Needle and Jets with original Keihin ones. We also replaced chinese slide return spring with original Keihin spring, because chinese version was about 10mm too short. Bike runs alot better with Keihin than the stock Mikuni

Photo

Photo

|