CR22 and Babbits Honda

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/11/2017 6:05pm
Single dealership with online parts and junk being the meal ticket. Owner has some old money but nothing exorbitant. Always surprised me they were able to...
Single dealership with online parts and junk being the meal ticket. Owner has some old money but nothing exorbitant. Always surprised me they were able to fund ax like they have.
Thanks. As for funding the AX team I'm sure he's not funding everything on his own. I'm sure sponsors help foot the bill.

For some reason I was always under the impression that Babbit's was a really big/successful dealership just because of the caliber of riders they've had ride for them and all the success they've had over the years. It's not cheap to run a team much less a successful one.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/11/2017 7:07pm
There are some members here that need to stop biting at every single move that Chad makes. He does what he does to get everyone talking.....

Don't try and figure out his game, you'll drive you're crazy !! He probably gets a kick out of all these posts. He's still trying to put the program together, sit back and wait a couple weeks
drop_bear
Fantasy
1533rd
10/11/2017 7:10pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm not into guns so I don't know but does anyone know for sure that it's not just an old gun he decided to post to...
I'm not into guns so I don't know but does anyone know for sure that it's not just an old gun he decided to post to get people talking or is it a brand new model that's recently been released?

After all it's Chad Reed we're talking about here.
I'm not into guns either, but shit wouldn't it just be so much cooler if it was a 22 caliber pistol?
I'll see myself out....
RandyS
10/11/2017 8:08pm
Funny how pissed off people get over nothing, or something.

The Shop

Radical
Fantasy
2360th
10/11/2017 10:10pm
reded wrote:
Maybe he just wanted a fuckin gun with his logo and can afford it. Why does it have to be anything more than that?
this
KMC440
10/12/2017 7:19am
I swear Chad could put a two two sticker on a piece of shit and you twits would go nuts...

Looks comfortable
Sprocket bolts
Gained weight
Ready for A1
Horrible gear
Boobie pic

Blink
tprice07
10/12/2017 7:29am
DE262 wrote:
He should run his own Honda team with Barcia.
...then hire Mookie after one of them weeds themselves.
A team with Barcia and Reed would likely gain some sponsorship money...while we are in fantasy land having Barcia, Reed, James, and Malcolm would be even cooler...

That said, it'll never happen. What would be smart is to share some resources...surely a semi could fit 2-4 bikes in it. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw Barcia's bike thrown into a Geico truck and Reed's in with whatever oem he decides to ride with.

I really don't think we will see Malcolm or James out there again....super unfortunate. I would hope if Yamaha called Malcolm he would take the opportunity.
mxtech1
10/12/2017 8:42am
Babbitt’s has had an exclusive relationship with the highly successful AX team for many years.

The Springfield Armory owner is the same owner of the Moto Armory collection of vintage bikes. So right there I could see that Springfield Armory sees some sponsorship opportunity with Reed and Bob Reese has a known interest in motorcycles.

Some things start to add up for me….

Denny Bartz (Babbitt’s AX Team manager) has a relationship with Moto Armory so I assume he is directly connected to Bob Reese. Bob and Denny’s hometowns are close together.

Junior Jackson also lives in this area and he was Bartz’ main guy for many years. I’m not sure how involved Jr still is with Bartz and Babbitt, but he does run Fun Mart Cycle Center and I know he is capable of doing some pretty serious motor packages (JPC did Babbitt AX motors for many years)

I am wondering if Bartz and Babbitt are thinking about going from AX to SX and need a guy like Reed to jumpstart the program? I am just trying to connect some dots here but I for sure see some connections between Babbitt’s, Reese, Bartz, etc. I could easily see a team coming together around Reed for SX with Springfield Armory as the title sponsor, Babbitt’s supplying bikes, maybe some help from Honda, and then you leave the AX team intact and now you have a feeder program of up and coming AX riders being groomed for the SX team.

Babbitt’s AX team is legit enough that they could make a valid effort in SX with a guy like Reed. When you start to mix in what seems like a lot of turbulence and uncertainty with the AX series, doesn’t it make a lot of sense?
kiwifan
10/12/2017 1:38pm
no one has asked the question yet....has he got a factory ECU? Smile
Lightning78
10/12/2017 4:17pm
Im assuming the EPM4 is a .22 caliber Pistol?

I have a Walther P22 Pistol and that thing is BADASS!! It barks when shooting a .22 round, if you didnt know any better you'd think it was a much larger caliber Pistol. Love that lil beast
10/12/2017 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2017 4:36pm
Nothing would be better for the sport of Motocross then a Reed / Stewart teaming, Throw in barcia and it's better. Mookie, Barcia, and Bubba could actually contend for a title and they would have a solid testing Manager. Just think how many Honda's could be starting up front with Friese, Roczen, Seely, Brayton, Barcia, ect... all being good starters. Anderson would have a field day taking out riders!
MX Culture
10/12/2017 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2017 4:50pm
mxtech1 wrote:
Babbitt’s has had an exclusive relationship with the highly successful AX team for many years. The Springfield Armory owner is the same owner of the Moto...
Babbitt’s has had an exclusive relationship with the highly successful AX team for many years.

The Springfield Armory owner is the same owner of the Moto Armory collection of vintage bikes. So right there I could see that Springfield Armory sees some sponsorship opportunity with Reed and Bob Reese has a known interest in motorcycles.

Some things start to add up for me….

Denny Bartz (Babbitt’s AX Team manager) has a relationship with Moto Armory so I assume he is directly connected to Bob Reese. Bob and Denny’s hometowns are close together.

Junior Jackson also lives in this area and he was Bartz’ main guy for many years. I’m not sure how involved Jr still is with Bartz and Babbitt, but he does run Fun Mart Cycle Center and I know he is capable of doing some pretty serious motor packages (JPC did Babbitt AX motors for many years)

I am wondering if Bartz and Babbitt are thinking about going from AX to SX and need a guy like Reed to jumpstart the program? I am just trying to connect some dots here but I for sure see some connections between Babbitt’s, Reese, Bartz, etc. I could easily see a team coming together around Reed for SX with Springfield Armory as the title sponsor, Babbitt’s supplying bikes, maybe some help from Honda, and then you leave the AX team intact and now you have a feeder program of up and coming AX riders being groomed for the SX team.

Babbitt’s AX team is legit enough that they could make a valid effort in SX with a guy like Reed. When you start to mix in what seems like a lot of turbulence and uncertainty with the AX series, doesn’t it make a lot of sense?
Jeremy is spot on here folks.
But Babbitts is a multi line dealer in Michigan that does very well.
Disregard the "old money and junk" post above.
Keep in mind that Denny Bartz and the Babbitts team bought Chad's twotwo semi when he shut the team down, so there is a relationship there.
I do know that they are keeping the AX team, not just jumping from AX to SX.
Take it from some industry guys folks, not a pissed off customer above^.
Brilliant in helping CR22 if you ask me.
DD

Post a reply to: CR22 and Babbits Honda

The Latest