CP's flown goose...

Yaya
Fantasy
2551st
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 4:42pm
Ok, Ive been holding out hope for awhile that we will hear something with any sliver of good information. The faithful waiting is probably on its last leg though. Im calling it right now, sad to say it, but I dont think for 2011 we as fans will witness CP at the races. Bummer...doesnt mean this isnt going to be the best A1 in years!! Im still psyched!
|
8k4x6f
12/8/2010 10:28am
Too bad, so sad...thats what happens when greed comes first!...look at dungey,word was that he wasnt gettin all of his bonus' but he still put in 100%..nd im not a dungey fan
8k4x6f
12/8/2010 10:29am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2010 10:31am
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
12/8/2010 10:38am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2010 10:39am
Yaya wrote:
Ok, Ive been holding out hope for awhile that we will hear something with any sliver of good information. The faithful waiting is probably on its...
Ok, Ive been holding out hope for awhile that we will hear something with any sliver of good information. The faithful waiting is probably on its last leg though. Im calling it right now, sad to say it, but I dont think for 2011 we as fans will witness CP at the races. Bummer...doesnt mean this isnt going to be the best A1 in years!! Im still psyched!
Yeah...it sure doesn't seem to promising that he will beat A1.
We haven't even heard a peep if they are still in negotiations with anyone, or if they have called it quits,for 2011 SX at least.
Billy Jack
12/8/2010 10:42am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2010 10:44am
Probably a blessing in disguise...I just don't know how CP would handle a new and improved Dungey kicking his ass week in and week out like Villopoto and Stewart are about to find out.

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
12/8/2010 10:57am
Billy Jack wrote:
Probably a blessing in disguise...I just don't know how CP would handle a new and improved Dungey kicking his ass week in and week out like...
Probably a blessing in disguise...I just don't know how CP would handle a new and improved Dungey kicking his ass week in and week out like Villopoto and Stewart are about to find out.
CP seems to be a great sportsman about things.
Did you see him after Pala this past season?

Don't get me wrong ...I like Dungey,but he is going to have his work cut out for him this season. A James Stewart coming out with something to prove and 100% healthy & rested and on his game could be very devastating to the rest of the competition,if he indeed keeps it on 2 wheels.

I wouldn't count Reed out either. Wink

Should be good,I'm looking very forward to see how this season turns out.
There is so many ways it could go.

lumpy790
12/8/2010 11:03am
One never knows........there could be a BRAND NEW Factory team at A1 and they are just keeping it hush hush.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
12/8/2010 11:03am
Hopefully, CP will use the off time to get completely healed up, so he can hit the ground running in the outdoors.
12/8/2010 11:10am
I would personally be disappointed if CP does not race the 2011 season. I feel like he brings a lot to the table and would definitely, IMHO, win a main event in SX this season!
Rupert X
12/8/2010 11:48am

If Christophe doesn't participate in Supercross this year, I shall be very aggravated and,

eventually ,my mood will become more combative and I'll seek both shelter and

counseling, most likely at a warm cabana featuring beer-taps.

NP301
12/8/2010 12:09pm
Rupert X wrote:
If Christophe doesn't participate in Supercross this year, I shall be very aggravated and, eventually ,my mood will become more combative and I'll seek both shelter...

If Christophe doesn't participate in Supercross this year, I shall be very aggravated and,

x(-2)
Big
12/8/2010 12:19pm
It's gonna be the best SX year ever hopefully. But i't would be even better with CP doing a JMB!
Whoop some thank man above asses maybe? Don't get me totally wrong. I like those riders effort really much but tired to hear the same podium mumbojumbo. Like a broken record. JMB is probably the most talanted rider ever. Then comes 14 for sure. =)
12/8/2010 12:35pm
lumpy790 wrote:
One never knows........there could be a BRAND NEW Factory team at A1 and they are just keeping it hush hush.
CP to Factory Pro Circuit Husqvarna.
Yaya
Fantasy
2551st
12/8/2010 12:38pm
You know with his current situation, its a viable option. I know it probably wont happen but it sure does get the wheels turning because he has some very slim pickings now.
TeamGreen
12/8/2010 12:42pm
Rupert X wrote:
If Christophe doesn't participate in Supercross this year, I shall be very aggravated and, eventually ,my mood will become more combative and I'll seek both shelter...

Alas, Good-man, keep your chin up...this is a year full of surprises and will continue to be as we go back east.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...
mac3-d
12/8/2010 12:42pm
lumpy790 wrote:
bit late for exposure when most have already bought their new bike . but hope something is still in the piprline. are you thinking husky ? hope to see him on the line but i think injury is still a problem.
`ol Ger
12/8/2010 12:43pm
Rupert X wrote:

Well spoken Sir !! (Smiting chest with right arm/fist).
mjskier
12/8/2010 12:47pm
lumpy790 wrote:
What about TM? Aren't they trying to be more visible in the US market?
12/8/2010 12:55pm
Rupert X wrote:

NP301 wrote:
x(-2)
X2 I think what some people don't consider is that CP is so much better indoors than outdoors, with his incredibly precise and smooth style, plus the 450 would suit his style even better and you have a guy who at least would finish 3rd at least overall for the series due to his consistency and speed indoors. IMHO.

Whatever the case he is poetry in motion and a big loss to the series, I love watching him ride and he is a class act, going over to Trey's semi to congratulate him on his 250 title!

If anyone should have an SX only contract its CP due to his inability to sweat.

If he is not riding becasue of salary demands, I think that is incredibly foolish, a rider of that calabre must be able to pull a "Chad Reed" and ride a 377 Monster PC Kawasaki wih a France based sponsor, who knows maybe that is what the sneaky frenchman has up his sleave? Why a French sponsor? Becasue they are mad about all things moto and follow U.S SX very closely. Michelin is a french company!

Even is his shoulder isn't healed by A-1 he should enter the series when he is healed to show the factorys what he can do!
lumpy790
12/8/2010 1:24pm
Since the 1 year rule expired a few years ago......How nice would it be if the AMA started hitting the admit button for smaller manufacturer's who struggle meeting the 400 units per model into the USA homologation rule?

This would allow smaller European manufacturers who would love to get into the USA to gain momentum for unit sales (to meet the next years rule) and riders needing a ride could possibly get one.
offspring22
12/8/2010 1:35pm
Billy Jack wrote:
Probably a blessing in disguise...I just don't know how CP would handle a new and improved Dungey kicking his ass week in and week out like...
10/10
txmxer
12/8/2010 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 12/8/2010 1:53pm
Rupert X wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Alas, Good-man, keep your chin up...this is a year full of surprises and will continue to be as we go back east. Once more unto the...
Alas, Good-man, keep your chin up...this is a year full of surprises and will continue to be as we go back east.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...
as we go back east.

I saw that...
Hank_Thrill
12/8/2010 2:00pm
I really hope this years pala national didn't break him mentally. It seems like some racers who are in make or break situations (Josh Hanson '05 SX) get broken when things down turn out the way they had hoped (the tie breaker going to Langston). That must have sucked big time to loose the outdoor title because of two random unfortunate events. I hope CP can rebound mentally, if he was devastated after the crash.
TeamGreen
12/8/2010 2:12pm
I really hope this years pala national didn't break him mentally. It seems like some racers who are in make or break situations (Josh Hanson '05...
I really hope this years pala national didn't break him mentally. It seems like some racers who are in make or break situations (Josh Hanson '05 SX) get broken when things down turn out the way they had hoped (the tie breaker going to Langston). That must have sucked big time to loose the outdoor title because of two random unfortunate events. I hope CP can rebound mentally, if he was devastated after the crash.
If reason holds true...

I can't help but suspect that the stories of CP not accepting the deals that did come his way are true.

He's achieved a lot and has probably come to a point where he wants a certain level of equipment and to be compensated to his liking...so be it...

Same-thing happened to Chad.

It's a new world, out there, and there's A LOT LESS money to go around.

I think folks like Trey, JG...hell...Metty....should be grateful for the great deals that their agents put together.

I think there IS a bit of fairness to some of this; however, as I've learned while trying to put things together for a few guys...there's not much out there.

Welcome to the "New Economy".
12/8/2010 2:16pm
Or he might be taking an extended holiday to heal and recharge in France with family and friends, taking in a few rounds of the GP's on a CLS/PC Kawie for shits and giggles and preparation for back in the US for the outdoors on PC 450 Kawi!

Just say'in
TeamGreen
12/8/2010 2:27pm
Or he might be taking an extended holiday to heal and recharge in France with family and friends, taking in a few rounds of the GP's...
Or he might be taking an extended holiday to heal and recharge in France with family and friends, taking in a few rounds of the GP's on a CLS/PC Kawie for shits and giggles and preparation for back in the US for the outdoors on PC 450 Kawi!

Just say'in
SHIT! That's BULLSHIT!

Now I HAVE to go see a few early Gp rounds.

It's ALL CP's fault...well...and Townleys...oh, and...Roczen.

Those Bastards!
TerryK
12/8/2010 3:09pm
Just because we haven't heard anything that means that CP not riding is fact?

OK. Dry
Ride154
12/8/2010 3:43pm
Monster backed Mitch Powered Kawi 450 is my guess!
12/8/2010 5:15pm
Ride154 wrote:
Monster backed Mitch Powered Kawi 450 is my guess!
le crafty frenchman, keeping le quiet.

Post a reply to: CP's flown goose...

The Latest