Combining both 250 COASTS for a FIM 250 World Supercross Title?

drt410
12/29/2018 12:46am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 12:46am
nrosso391 wrote:
Of all the changes they try to make in Supercross, this seems to be the easiest way to get more people to watch the 250 class...
Of all the changes they try to make in Supercross, this seems to be the easiest way to get more people to watch the 250 class more serisously.
-World Title up for grabs
-Adds more racers capable of winning races
-Gives the guys staying in the class for a decade too long a chance at a world title
-No more East/West confusion to the people watching. Because every week they have to talk to the spectators like they've never heard of Supercross...So dumb.
-Better, tougher racing
-Make it 20 Mins each Main as well

Thoughts?
If anything 2 coasts gives more chances for different winners cuz a dominant guy like zacho only does half the races. I like the rest tho.
drt410
12/29/2018 12:54am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 1:00am
nrosso391 wrote:
Can you name another Supercross series that DOES go to more that one country in a series? I can't think of one.. Therefore, FIM WORLD SUPERCROSS
Ray_MXS wrote:
So every little obscure sport that only exists in one country should be called "World" Championship? With your logic, why couldn't the French supercross championship just...
So every little obscure sport that only exists in one country should be called "World" Championship?

With your logic, why couldn't the French supercross championship just as well be called "World"? Or the German series?

What difference does it make anyway? Just call it what it is, an American championship.
To be fair all of the worlds best sx riders race american sx and its the only full sx schedule, thats why. Roczen, Musquin, Ferrandis, Reed, Lawrence bro’s this year...etc. the worlds top sx racers race it. There is no German sx series, the worlds best dont race it, and Germany is tiny. Trust me I get the argument but the US is unique where you get plucked from whatever country and paid to race, play baseball, basketball here etc... Its like the world is the feeder system to the US money machine where everyone is plucked from their country and placed on one of 30 teams in sports or the 20 something gate picks. Thats just how it is.

And the gp’s are the “world championship” yea, but we all know its really the Euro championship that hits a couple different countries outside Europe to race. Australians, Japanese, South Americans, South Africans come to the US, European riders race the “world” gp’s and make a couple stops outside Europe.
Ray_MXS
12/29/2018 1:05am
nrosso391 wrote:
Can you name another Supercross series that DOES go to more that one country in a series? I can't think of one.. Therefore, FIM WORLD SUPERCROSS
Ray_MXS wrote:
So every little obscure sport that only exists in one country should be called "World" Championship? With your logic, why couldn't the French supercross championship just...
So every little obscure sport that only exists in one country should be called "World" Championship?

With your logic, why couldn't the French supercross championship just as well be called "World"? Or the German series?

What difference does it make anyway? Just call it what it is, an American championship.
drt410 wrote:
To be fair all of the worlds best sx riders race american sx and its the only full sx schedule, thats why. Roczen, Musquin, Ferrandis, Reed...
To be fair all of the worlds best sx riders race american sx and its the only full sx schedule, thats why. Roczen, Musquin, Ferrandis, Reed, Lawrence bro’s this year...etc. the worlds top sx racers race it. There is no German sx series, the worlds best dont race it, and Germany is tiny. Trust me I get the argument but the US is unique where you get plucked from whatever country and paid to race, play baseball, basketball here etc... Its like the world is the feeder system to the US money machine where everyone is plucked from their country and placed on one of 30 teams in sports or the 20 something gate picks. Thats just how it is.

And the gp’s are the “world championship” yea, but we all know its really the Euro championship that hits a couple different countries outside Europe to race. Australians, Japanese, South Americans, South Africans come to the US, European riders race the “world” gp’s and make a couple stops outside Europe.
I knew this argument would come up and it's even more stupid than I anticipated.

Just read back what you just wrote and think about it for a second.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2829th
12/29/2018 9:40am
Rides wouldn't be lost. Teams still have 4 guys under their tent for Outdoors. Why should supercross be different? The 450 and 250 class outdoors is the same exact format. Why not do the same indoors? And call it a world title? That way the class can be more prestigious than seen as just a bunch of kids trying to learn not to crash for the main event. These 'kids' in the 250 class are Men now. And mature much batter racing wise than they used to 10 years ago. It's time for a change in the 250 class. We want to see more talent on the gate each weekend. RV doesn't count his 250 Coast SX titles, because half the talent isn't there.

The Shop

mikec265
12/29/2018 9:54am
Another no, and another get rid of FIM and WADA here. Let Brock Bak! And let the others back. Give Stew a public apology while they're at it. If need be I will be glad to single handedly cover for FIM and WADA.
TeamGreen
12/29/2018 10:09am
Rides WOULD be lost. There'd be no need for a 4 rider squad for a National series that's not "regional". How many 4 man squads are there in the 450s? I think HEP will be a 4 man squad when Cedric gets back form Germany...? That's all I can come up with.

The current "regional" SX 250 series is actually "doable"...dare I say "affordable" for a smart up & coming rider. They've got 9-10 races to cover. 9 or 10 races is SUSTANTIALLY cheaper to do than 18. Also, it gives riders a chance to have some time off and regroup.
12/29/2018 10:36am
SPYGUY wrote:
No one would be in favor of having separate 450 East and West titles. Why should 250's be any different? I'm in favor in having more...
No one would be in favor of having separate 450 East and West titles. Why should 250's be any different?

I'm in favor in having more talent out on the track at one time as opposed to less.
One is supposed to be a developmental class. If 250 wasnt regionalized why even have it? Youre supposed to be getting your feet wet, not trying...
One is supposed to be a developmental class. If 250 wasnt regionalized why even have it? Youre supposed to be getting your feet wet, not trying to survive 17 rounds
Then is it even 'Pro' if it's a developmental class?

A Pro class that only competes against half the talent available?? Makes no sense to me.

"Im the supercross champion of all the 450 sx riders in the world!"

"Im the supercross champion of half the sx riders in the world. The other half rode in other races"

Which sounds better?
philG
12/29/2018 10:40am
Its better than having a Champion of half the riders at half the races... but as has been said, will eliminate loads of jobs and rider contracts.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
12/29/2018 10:43am
nrosso391 wrote:
Rides wouldn't be lost. Teams still have 4 guys under their tent for Outdoors. Why should supercross be different? The 450 and 250 class outdoors is...
Rides wouldn't be lost. Teams still have 4 guys under their tent for Outdoors. Why should supercross be different? The 450 and 250 class outdoors is the same exact format. Why not do the same indoors? And call it a world title? That way the class can be more prestigious than seen as just a bunch of kids trying to learn not to crash for the main event. These 'kids' in the 250 class are Men now. And mature much batter racing wise than they used to 10 years ago. It's time for a change in the 250 class. We want to see more talent on the gate each weekend. RV doesn't count his 250 Coast SX titles, because half the talent isn't there.
4 x guys (let use PC Kawa for example) will be racing outdoors. You want the same 4 in a full 17 round 250 SX series? Where will that leave the privateers? The genuine privateer will all but disappear. Lets not mention the additional cost to a team running 4 rider in SX for 17 rounds.

World title? How so? It's an American series.

The 450 SX Class (and outdoor for that matter) is and has always been the one that counts...its the prestigious class and where the big pay cheques are.

The 250 class (SX East and West) allow room for more riders to showcase themselves as they try make the step into the 450 class.

Thats just the way I see it and don't mean to disrespect your take on things.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
12/29/2018 10:46am
philG wrote:
Its better than having a Champion of half the riders at half the races... but as has been said, will eliminate loads of jobs and rider...
Its better than having a Champion of half the riders at half the races... but as has been said, will eliminate loads of jobs and rider contracts.
Aaagh PhilG, as you said, "will eliminate loads of jobs and rider contracts."
Spudinki25
12/29/2018 11:20am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 11:20am
nrosso391 wrote:
Rides wouldn't be lost. Teams still have 4 guys under their tent for Outdoors. Why should supercross be different? The 450 and 250 class outdoors is...
The reason they can have 4 riders for outdoor is that there is 40 gates in mx vs 22 in sx so they have a lot more room for riders
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
12/29/2018 11:46am
I do think there should be a full 17 race 250 series that riders would not have to worry about being bumped out of. Plus the triple crown format has shown to be perfect for having 3 - 4 different classes. In my perfect sx/mx world, both series would run as follows:

250 limited with E/W regions
250 works
450 limited with E/W regions
450 works
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
12/29/2018 12:17pm
SPYGUY wrote:
No one would be in favor of having separate 450 East and West titles. Why should 250's be any different? I'm in favor in having more...
No one would be in favor of having separate 450 East and West titles. Why should 250's be any different?

I'm in favor in having more talent out on the track at one time as opposed to less.
One is supposed to be a developmental class. If 250 wasnt regionalized why even have it? Youre supposed to be getting your feet wet, not trying...
One is supposed to be a developmental class. If 250 wasnt regionalized why even have it? Youre supposed to be getting your feet wet, not trying to survive 17 rounds
Then is it even 'Pro' if it's a developmental class? A Pro class that only competes against half the talent available?? Makes no sense to me...

A Pro class that only competes against half the talent available?? Makes no sense to me.

"Im the supercross champion of half the sx riders in the world. The other half rode in other races"

Which sounds better?
Which sounds better?

They sound the same honestly? If you win the 450 class, you didnt beat the 250 riders, if you win the 250 class, you didnt beat the 450 riders, or half of the 250 riders.

The 250 class has its place, it just isnt being used correctly. It isnt being used as a developmental series, it is being used as a back-up to keep racers racing.
JustMX
12/29/2018 12:43pm
FIM adds about as much to the 250 title as a pair of macho man sunglasses would.
12/29/2018 1:56pm
Then is it even 'Pro' if it's a developmental class? A Pro class that only competes against half the talent available?? Makes no sense to me...

Which sounds better?
"Im the supercross champion of all the 450 sx riders in the world!" "Im the supercross champion of half the sx riders in the world. The...
Which sounds better?

They sound the same honestly? If you win the 450 class, you didnt beat the 250 riders, if you win the 250 class, you didnt beat the 450 riders, or half of the 250 riders.

The 250 class has its place, it just isnt being used correctly. It isnt being used as a developmental series, it is being used as a back-up to keep racers racing.
Why on earth would the 450 supercross champion of the world be interested in, OR have to justify himself by beating the riders in the 'developmental' (as you call it) class??

By your logic, how in the hell can Jeffrey Herlings claim he's the world champion when he hasn't proven he can beat me?? Surely to say he's the best in the world he's got to beat me (and EVERY singe mx rider in the world) first, right??
12/29/2018 2:16pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
I knew this argument would come up and it's even more stupid than I anticipated. Just read back what you just wrote and think about it...
I knew this argument would come up and it's even more stupid than I anticipated.

There are a 195 countries in the world. How many countries do the GP riders race at?
smee113
12/29/2018 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 4:35pm
250SX was made into regional classes because it was meant to be a development class. If guys want to make a career racing the 250SX class, then it should be made into a national series.
BR8ES
12/29/2018 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 3:13pm
Who is paying for these brilliant ideas and massive teams and huge expenses/logistics with this "we are one" series???
gabrielito
12/29/2018 3:18pm
I like the idea of one 250 title and then adding some sort of regional 125 or stock class.

Better series more rides better opportunities for privateers
holeshot413
Fantasy
1687th
12/29/2018 5:46pm
gabrielito wrote:
I like the idea of one 250 title and then adding some sort of regional 125 or stock class. Better series more rides better opportunities for...
I like the idea of one 250 title and then adding some sort of regional 125 or stock class.

Better series more rides better opportunities for privateers
Keep east and west
Add 125-150 into show instead of the handlebar race or the flubber man race
Ray_MXS
12/29/2018 11:36pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2018 2:38am
Ray_MXS wrote:
I knew this argument would come up and it's even more stupid than I anticipated. Just read back what you just wrote and think about it...

There are a 195 countries in the world. How many countries do the GP riders race at?
Oh wow you really are serious with this comment aren't you?
Johnny Depp
12/30/2018 8:45am
2 classes of equal speed and talent IS the problem. Until this is recognized and addressed, the rest is lipstick on a pig.
Question
12/30/2018 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2018 2:02pm
resetjet wrote:
Nope. Privateer race instead.
A 2 stroke series, privateer or amateur only, at selected events, would also be cool indeed to reduce the wait between races.

In this case the pay out is relatively easy, usually a manufacturer give a bike to the series winner, and i am sure a tyre and oil company would be ok to help including for some purses.
MXMattii
12/30/2018 2:16pm
FIM 250 World supercross Title - Yes
Privateer teams & Privateer riders: East & West

All in one
12/30/2018 8:20pm
drt410 wrote:
To be fair all of the worlds best sx riders race american sx and its the only full sx schedule, thats why. Roczen, Musquin, Ferrandis, Reed...

Moto GP, F1, Soccer, Rugby... the list goes on and on of examples to show that your comment isn't really accurate. Maybe hockey and basketball are two sports I can think of that validate your point, but I don't follow other sports.

Post a reply to: Combining both 250 COASTS for a FIM 250 World Supercross Title?

The Latest