CMT Compositi

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2021 8:36 AM

Just wanted to throw out a public service announcement on these yahoos in Italy.
3 weeks ago a purchased several carbon fiber parts, including their carbon tank for my CR125 build.
Do not do business with them!
All parts showed in stock at time of purchase, today marks 3 weeks since and I finally received a reply on why my order is still “in processing “. They have told me another 3 weeks! This is disgusting customer service. From what I have read I better not have any quality or fitment issues as I’ve read good luck, they are non existent on responding or resolution.
I’m regretting the purchase at this time and want to advise anyone that is even considering doing business with these clowns. You won’t be satisfied.

|

2/12/2021 9:16 AM

They're not clowns, they're just Italians, lol, and in the age of COVID.
Their products are absolutely top notch and worth waiting.
wink

|

2/12/2021 9:18 AM

Here’s another and entirely DIFFERENT perspective...oh, and BTW...they’re technically “my competitors”...

They’re in one of the most harshly affected regions of Europe...for COVID...that is. Just getting people to come to work and make things is a challenge. Also, for a lot of folks in/on the Motorsports side of the composites industry, just getting MATERIAL can be an “extreme challenge”.

From where I’m sitting, the fact that you ARE getting a response and that they ARE building your product...AND THIS IS WITH ALL THE MADNESS GOING ON...well...here’s what I think...

You ought to CTFD & see how it all plays out.

Another thing: I’ve worked with teams/riders on getting stuff from these folks...there is a language barrier and that, too, can cause a time-lapse in these matters.

Goof luck.

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

2/12/2021 9:25 AM

ZOBITO wrote:

They're not clowns, they're just Italians, lol, and in the age of COVID.
Their products are absolutely top notch and worth ...more

Thanks for the inspiration to wait. 👍🏼

|

2/12/2021 9:27 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Here’s another and entirely DIFFERENT perspective...oh, and BTW...they’re technically “my competitors”...

They’re in one of ...more

Thanks, I just find it frustrating on communication. I work in the service industry and am affected by covid, but customer service and communication are key to success during these times. I anxiously await my carbon goods.

|

2/12/2021 9:47 AM

Italians have no sense of urgency at all, to the point where if they were in a burning building , they wouldnt leave until they had a coffee and a cigarette.

|

2/12/2021 9:53 AM

Photo
|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

2/12/2021 9:54 AM

philG wrote:

Italians have no sense of urgency at all, to the point where if they were in a burning building , they wouldnt leave until ...more

Italy sounds awesome!

|

2/12/2021 10:35 AM

40acres wrote:

Italy sounds awesome!

It is

|

2/12/2021 11:40 AM

Can't help you but I can say I've ordered three different times from them and it always came within days. Great quality.

|

2/12/2021 11:42 AM

IainB583 wrote:

Just wanted to throw out a public service announcement on these yahoos in Italy.
3 weeks ago a purchased several carbon fiber ...more

Six weeks for a product coming out of Italy and your complaining? I work in Seattle, ordered specific sinks for a health clinic and they’re on back order from the manufacturer in Texas for 6 weeks. Sometimes things coming from across the pond require a bit more patience.

|

2/12/2021 12:15 PM

No matter what the website says I would just expect that part to take at least a few months.

|

2/12/2021 1:13 PM

I work in the Glass processing industry, before Covid parts were plentiful and shipping from Europe was 4 or 5 days.
Nowdays its a week before they respond to an order / emails, and shipping can take up to 4 weeks. Its financially frustrating waiting, but eventually the parts do arrive.
Hang tough.

|

2/12/2021 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2021 1:21 PM

Ordered a tank and a few other bits from them this past year (2020)...GREAT company, easy to work with, and AMAZING products. I waited a long time to receive the products, yes, but it is what it is. These type of products aren't on Amazon Prime...and that's probably for a good reason haha.

You'll be glad you waited once you get your parts!

|

2/12/2021 1:54 PM

MOTO120 wrote:

Ordered a tank and a few other bits from them this past year (2020)...GREAT company, easy to work with, and AMAZING products. ...more

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I admit, I was pretty frustrated this morning at the time of my post after receiving their delayed email.
Glad to hear I’ll be happy once it arrives

|

2/12/2021 2:18 PM

Well i ordered twice from them. The first time the item took only few days to arrive and the second time it took a month.

But the products are really amazing and no fitting problem at all ! The best way is to ask them before ordering the products to be sure it is in stock or not (if it’s not in stock it will take a few weeks to be made)

Here is my bike with their great products (carbon protection for the gas tank and exhaust):

Photo

|

2/12/2021 4:18 PM

Too late now, but a member here is a US vendor for them and gets orders regularly. I bought some plastic/graphics guards from him and saved like $40 bucks on shipping vs buying direct.

|

2/12/2021 6:37 PM

I did business with them plenty of times and no problem. They are good, may be not the very best, but they are good.

|

2/12/2021 11:11 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

IainB583 wrote:

Thanks, I just find it frustrating on communication. I work in the service industry and am affected by covid, but customer ...more

I get it. But, from all my previous experiences with these folks? They’re good peeps.

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

2/13/2021 12:35 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

IainB583 wrote:

Thanks, I just find it frustrating on communication. I work in the service industry and am affected by covid, but customer ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

I get it. But, from all my previous experiences with these folks? They’re good peeps.

well it sounds like this is this guys 1st purchase and he doesnt know about this company, if they hadnt taking 3 weeks to reply he probably would be ok with a longer wait for the items in this current time, when anyone waits due to shitty customer service its going to make him sour having to wait longer hence having this gripe. theres no excuse nowdays to not send a quick email were not delivering messages via horseback anymore

|

2/13/2021 2:47 AM

philG wrote:

Italians have no sense of urgency at all, to the point where if they were in a burning building , they wouldnt leave until ...more

They would light the cigarette of the burning building......

|

2/13/2021 4:40 AM

philG wrote:

Deja New wrote:

Yup. There is no word in Italian for Urgent... true story.

|

2/13/2021 5:13 AM

philG wrote:

I've used Urgente, Impellente, and Subito, and they all got things done ........... They all worked for me. Those, and a smile on my face, or being 'nice' on calls or Emails.

Italians I've worked with, for decades now, are more 'on the ball' than most other countries / people I deal with.

They, and many others, have a grim time to be working through, and I try to keep that in my mind. All 'things' have cost me , is about a years (good) wages, and the travel I love. A set of piddly problems, when compared to so many other souls.

CMT's stuff, is well worth the wait.

|

2/13/2021 7:54 AM

I have zero knowledge about CMT, but years and years of working with speciality automotive/moto/cycling businesses have taught me a lot.

Dealing with smaller specialty companies like this is just a different experience. The guy who owns the place is likely making or designing the products as well, so time is limited to market his business and respond etc. His volume is not high enough to hire people to do that for him and most people will not spend the money for these carbon bits, so he will remain "small" most likely. In summary, patience is needed, but likely worth it.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

2/13/2021 5:58 PM

The OP has little knowledge of what it takes to get custom parts from a "boutique" craftsman.. a month or two is not uncommon. They did update him on the delay and was not left in the dark. We are only talking some weeks here, not months. A lot of people here speaking positively of CMT, including myself. There was not enough reason so smear the company in a thread. Shipping from Italy can take 3 to 4 weeks alone. Some things only come to people who are patient.

|

2/13/2021 6:56 PM

I ordered some parts from Italy last year. A couple days for an email response was typical. Shipping took about 3+ weeks. Parts showed up and were flawless, much better than expected. Well worth the wait.

|

2/14/2021 1:46 AM

I have ordered from them q few times, and never had any issues. They don't always respond to emails right away, but they always come through after a few days. In my book they are an awesome company with some really cool products. Photo

|

2/14/2021 2:21 AM

I'm italian and i've bought parts from them.
Good prices for great items.
Shipping isn't a problem but i live 200km from their factory.
Maybe ship the items in the US is a PITA during this covid time.

|

2/14/2021 4:50 AM

philG wrote:

Deja New wrote:

philG wrote:

Not true for all Italians....

|

2/14/2021 9:14 PM

UGOTBIT wrote:

Too late now, but a member here is a US vendor for them and gets orders regularly. I bought some plastic/graphics guards from ...more

Who ? Or what is his co.s name ?

|